Home
NHL 16 News Post

NHL 16 patch 1.03 is available now, weighing it at just over 2GB. According to the patch notes on the PlayStation 4, it improves online game performance and crash issues. If we get any additional details, we will update this post.

UPDATE: Currently the patch is only available for the PlayStation 4. Once it is released for Xbox One users, we will update this post.

UPDATE #2: (9/25) The patch is now available for Xbox One users.

Let us know what you are seeing.

Game: NHL 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
NHL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 gsize19 @ 09/22/15 04:09 PM
Still got lag post patch.... What actually did it correct? Played three games last night had lag in two and I'm running at 87mb download 18 mb upload. Actually, having had lag in 2 of 3, that was worse than I was getting prior to the patch...

# 22 Hammettf2b @ 09/22/15 06:16 PM
The game still crashes for me sometimes.

# 23 Vikes1 @ 09/22/15 06:22 PM
Yep, frame rate issues gone for me too, with game speed at 1.

# 24 kestrel @ 09/22/15 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic04
...some idiots just don't realize that their internet is not good yet wanna jump online to play
And some "idiots" just can't get a good connection where they are, but hope to have a good enough connection to try playing online. The first part certainly applies to me--we can get 15 down where we're at, and that's shared among six people on multiple devices--but I don't do much playing online, as I often get frustrated with people playing games online. So, don't be so quick to judge.

# 25 wxkid23 @ 09/22/15 09:17 PM
It doesn't really matter how fast your connection is if your latency and ping are bad. I hope the patch improves the play on XB1 a bit. It's definitely not as responsive of game online as it was last year. I can't make the cuts I could before. I play on a <15ms input lag monitor so if it's not great for me I can't imagine how it plays for average Joe with his laggy HDTV

# 26 Mikey88 @ 09/23/15 09:39 PM
Still no update for XB1??

# 27 rickster1 @ 09/24/15 06:30 AM
What patch , what update, non on xbox 1 still. Not good enough EA

# 28 logieuk @ 09/24/15 06:43 AM
EASHL is sweet now on PS4, very smooth and responsive!

# 29 Gangrel @ 09/24/15 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickster1
What patch , what update, non on xbox 1 still. Not good enough EA
EA doesn't control when MS approves things for downloads.......

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

# 30 brandon27 @ 09/24/15 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey88
Still no update for XB1??

Yeah, agreed. This has to happen ASAP. Get with it MS/EA/whoever. The game is basically unplayable right now for me. The more I've experimented, I prefer the lower game speeds. It gives me a bit of a chance against the at times superhuman CPU AI. So, the framerate issue needs to get fixed on XB1 right away for me.

I have a hard time believing it's sitting with MS right now. Theyre always pretty quick on these things, usually getting them out before they hit the PS4.

Makes me wonder if it's got something to do with that exclusive NHL16/P"S4 bundle I've seen advertised on tv.

Hopefully it comes soon, I've finally gotten some of my sliders to the point where I can... for the most part enjoy playing this. By the sounds of things, this patch should be a big help.

# 31 Tonic @ 09/24/15 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Yeah, agreed. This has to happen ASAP. Get with it MS/EA/whoever. The game is basically unplayable right now for me. The more I've experimented, I prefer the lower game speeds. It gives me a bit of a chance against the at times superhuman CPU AI. So, the framerate issue needs to get fixed on XB1 right away for me.

I have a hard time believing it's sitting with MS right now. Theyre always pretty quick on these things, usually getting them out before they hit the PS4.

Makes me wonder if it's got something to do with that exclusive NHL16/P"S4 bundle I've seen advertised on tv.

Hopefully it comes soon, I've finally gotten some of my sliders to the point where I can... for the most part enjoy playing this. By the sounds of things, this patch should be a big help.
Same here, I'm liking the game much better with Game Speed at 0. I'm guessing something went wrong with the deployment to Microsoft specifically so they're keeping quiet about it (hence no patch notes, even though it was already released for PS4).

# 32 Gangrel @ 09/24/15 09:33 AM
I spotted a copy of NHL 16 on the grassy knoll too......

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

# 33 brandon27 @ 09/24/15 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonic
Same here, I'm liking the game much better with Game Speed at 0. I'm guessing something went wrong with the deployment to Microsoft specifically so they're keeping quiet about it (hence no patch notes, even though it was already released for PS4).

0 is too slow for me. I keep it at 1.

I just want this darn patch since I finally found a way to somewhat enjoy playing this.

# 34 jyoung @ 09/24/15 10:28 PM
Patches usually don't arrive on weekends, so hopefully it's up on Xbox One by Friday afternoon.

Input lag really kills the EASHL experience on Xbox One right now, especially if you're trying to play a timing-intensive position like goalie or center.

# 35 Steve_OS @ 09/25/15 10:10 AM
Patch is now available for Xbox One users.

# 36 x1xhearleyx2x @ 09/25/15 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Patch is now available for Xbox One users.
patch is only 111 mb for xbox one but 2 gb for ps4.....r we positive that this is the patch and not just a roster update for the xbox one?

# 37 ballgameronny @ 09/25/15 04:28 PM
After I download the patch for Xbox one it gets stuck after screen on a screen that says checking in upper right corner that is trying to load/process but it doesn't get past this screen. Help.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

# 38 Mikey88 @ 09/26/15 12:55 AM
I havent noticed much of a difference with the patch on XB1 so far.

# 39 wxkid23 @ 09/29/15 04:12 PM
First 3 games in VS post patch are quite a bit more responsive and smooth here

# 40 Mikey88 @ 09/30/15 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxkid23
First 3 games in VS post patch are quite a bit more responsive and smooth here
Xb1 or Ps4?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.