Home
FIFA 16 News Post

FIFA 16 is available today for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. Play a few matches and let us know what you think.

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 301 dubcity @ 11/14/15 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanner
The game isn't good. The gameplay is still stale and dated. Players stay on rails. Computer teammates run away from ball. Still the same scripting from computer opponents. Horrible teams play like Barcelona and have ball skill and pass abilities similar to messi and iniesta. There's still no sense of fluidity when it comes to balls that are in the air or bounce, really only one option and that's hit pass button for your player to even compete for the ball. On world class still feel like the cpu opponent gets speed and stat boost which plays in to sorry teams and players having no real drop off from good/elite teams. Ping pong passing is still there and the ai teammates still make the dumbest runs into defenders.

I agree that it's unrealistically hard to beat up on lower level teams when playing as the likes of Barca on World Class/Superstar, but you can make it slightly more realistic by changing attacking level. I typically adjust the level based on the matchup. If I'm playing as Real Madrid against a bottom La Liga side, for example, I set it to ultra attacking at kickoff. That helps make the matchup somewhat more realistic. I still typically only manage 1-0 results, so it is what it is.

Altho you are right about every team passing too accurately. But that's just the FIFA gameplay style. Short accurate passes over and over.

# 302 ZoneBlitz @ 11/14/15 04:59 PM
Actually I am starting to do real well against teams on Professional. The game play seems very balanced on Professional.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

# 303 NightmareBooster @ 11/15/15 12:36 AM
After about 15 games, gameplay feels like '15 except for the dribbling. Dribbling feels bad compared to last year. Players don't feel competent on the ball and trying to move around defenders is clunky. To make matters worse they hardcore nerfed the Body Feint to exit. Granted I'm playing with Pompey there's no reason for players to be this bad on the ball. I do like the player training and the fact that you can train YA players though.

# 304 KG @ 11/20/15 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
After about 15 games, gameplay feels like '15 except for the dribbling. Dribbling feels bad compared to last year. Players don't feel competent on the ball and trying to move around defenders is clunky. To make matters worse they hardcore nerfed the Body Feint to exit. Granted I'm playing with Pompey there's no reason for players to be this bad on the ball. I do like the player training and the fact that you can train YA players though.
IDK, I don't think '16 is anything like '15 because of the things you mentioned. The nerfed attacking agility has made the game much more balanced.

I'm noticing that post patch the scoring is up a little, a welcomed positive IMO. I still think keepers are a little too good, especially at catching and that's with GK ability at 30.

# 305 NightmareBooster @ 11/20/15 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
IDK, I don't think '16 is anything like '15 because of the things you mentioned. The nerfed attacking agility has made the game much more balanced.

I'm noticing that post patch the scoring is up a little, a welcomed positive IMO. I still think keepers are a little too good, especially at catching and that's with GK ability at 30.
Personally, shooting, defending, & passing all still feel the same to me because I go full-manual and I always take control of defenders. The agility nerf is the most glaring difference to me. I'm more adjusted to it now than I was last week but I still don't like the way it feels. Out of curiosity what team are you playing with? I'm playing with Pompey so I don't really have quality dribblers and maybe that's a contributing factor.

# 306 KG @ 11/20/15 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
Personally, shooting, defending, & passing all still feel the same to me because I go full-manual and I always take control of defenders. The agility nerf is the most glaring difference to me. I'm more adjusted to it now than I was last week but I still don't like the way it feels. Out of curiosity what team are you playing with? I'm playing with Pompey so I don't really have quality dribblers and maybe that's a contributing factor.
I think they all feel different IMO with shooting probably being the most similar to '15. I hated the low trajectory passes at first (even knocked it in my review) but I absolutely love it now. With the defense being much tighter it's a great way to switch play and start quick counters.

I primarily play offline with my AC Milan so yeah, that's a huge step up from Portsmouth but I can tell the difference with dribblers. Abate, my RB, is crazy fast but his control isn't very good so he often loses the ball when sprinting where as guys like Cerci have the ball stick to their feet.

# 307 circle @ 11/22/15 08:49 AM
Hi,

Need a bit of recommendation. Its pretty much simple, is it worth buying FIFA 16? Last year I had a copy for PS3 and wasnt happy with it at all. This year I have PS4 and after trying out the demo - I was impressed. Since PES has lots of problems with gameplay (bad referees, goalkeepers, serious AI defending problems) and no one knows if they will be fixed, this year there are pretty much no alternatives. FIFA or FIFA. I read your recent posts guys about the same old "good" scripting playing against weaker sides. I thought maybe with proper sliders it can be a more enjoyable experience? Since these are the lasts doubts that I have, before buying it. I really like how it looks, player models have been improved, gameplay in overall feels good and not as arcady as PES, at least for my taste.

Other few questions that would help to make my desicion. I did a lot of research myself, but some questions are specific and not that often found:
1. Can stadium names be changed? Last time I tryed to do it and I mean with a lot of stadium names changed, my FIFA would freeze/crash.
2. Can new players that appear in Career Mode be edited? Last year it caused lots of glitches/bugs, like if you change tucked/untucked shirt, it will mess up regens age.
3. Do new players/regens look like football players? No super tall or too muscular? No weird masks, hair?
4. Maybe they reduced board expectations this year? Last time you would get fired for no reason or constantly be asked to win the entire championship with weaker sides.

Any other bugs/glitches there is to know? I dont play online at all, so career mode and afcorse the actual gameplay are the most important things for me.

Any responses would be really helpful, thanks!!

# 308 circle @ 11/25/15 03:29 AM
As I understand, its a - no. While I still havent found answers to mentioned questions, after some more re-search, I`ll probably skip this years FIFA and PES. Funny how many reviewers said this is a fantastic year for football games, but mostly the same old problems do persist.

# 309 zanner @ 11/25/15 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by circle
As I understand, its a - no. While I still havent found answers to mentioned questions, after some more re-search, I`ll probably skip this years FIFA and PES. Funny how many reviewers said this is a fantastic year for football games, but mostly the same old problems do persist.
Ya don't waste you're money on 16 unless you find it really cheap. Go with 15 if things frustrate you on 15 then you saved money to be frustrated because 16 doesn't really fix any issues , and uses smoke and mirrors to trick you at first to think it's improved.

After enough time on 16 I'd actually say it's worse than 15 just because it's the same issues not fixed and nothing's done any better to warrant purchase.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

# 310 Matt10 @ 11/25/15 07:20 PM
I can't speak on manager mode, stadium changing, etc - but from a gameplay standpoint. Everything that was wrong with 15, is fixed with 16. Enough said. So if you are particular on how the actual game is played on the pitch, you would be wise to get 16.

# 311 circle @ 11/26/15 05:35 AM
Hmm, two completely different answers. But thanks anyway. What Im going to do now is to download FIFA 15 demo, since it is still there and I will try it out and compare both, at least from a demo perspective. FIFA 16 is still quite expensive, while you can get FIFA 15 for less than 10 pounds at some places.

# 312 bad_philanthropy @ 11/26/15 08:31 AM
I'm loving the game, but I still think there are way too many central defenders who are able to play a slick, continental style on the ball. I'd like to see lower rated CB's have to make more conservative plays with the ball than they often do. Goes for keepers as well generally speaking.

# 313 timmuh1515 @ 11/26/15 05:56 PM
I keep really wanting to enjoy this game. Fifa brings some really nice visual elements and the game feels more sim then 15, however, the gameplay engine needs a complete makeover.

At some point Fifa will take a risk to start from scratch but they risk a lot of easy money doing so.

# 314 circle @ 11/27/15 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmuh1515
I keep really wanting to enjoy this game. Fifa brings some really nice visual elements and the game feels more sim then 15, however, the gameplay engine needs a complete makeover.

At some point Fifa will take a risk to start from scratch but they risk a lot of easy money doing so.
They said they were making FIFA 16 for two years and they changed its core. FIFA 17 will contain only improvements on this years core/engine and various bug fixes. I just cant remember where I read it. Anyway, it looks like FIFA game to me, no very drastic changes, but EA claims they`ve changed a lot.

And my personal thingy, I`ve tryed out FIFA 15 and compared it to FIFA 16. One of the main things that I noticed was how funny player models did look in FIFA 15. Theyr waist was way too long and sometimes shoulders way way too big. Compared to that, FIFA 16 has much better ones. Other than that, game is slowed down, defence might be better this year and you cant exploit fast players that much, but I`ll probably take a turn to Football Manager 16 this year or as zanner mentioned, If there will be an opportunity to take FIFA really cheap, then I might do it.

# 315 ISS72 @ 12/04/15 04:01 PM
While I'm loving the game with my own sliders and the dynamic camera.
But not being a PC gamer, the only downer is the way certain stadiums change the dynamic camera, either being too zoomed in or too high.
White Hart Lane and San Siro being two prime examples.
(I'm a Spurs fan as well!)
It's not a problem when I play friendly games as you can choose the stadium, but it spoils other game modes for me.

# 316 Ettnollbajen @ 12/07/15 11:22 AM
Player career mode.
This happens,same as in FIFA 15,you leave a club in January(Portsmouth for Hull) you look back at the L2 table at the end of the season,Portsmouth hasn't played a single game since you left.
Doesn't happend every time,but it happens
Good work Ea

# 317 vrabbit @ 12/30/15 12:10 PM
played my first game on my brand new XB1 last night and I cannot believe I played '14 on 360 for so long, last night's game made me feel like I had been playing an Atari for the last couple of years. Obviously I never played '15 on either platform but damn is this game going to be an adjustment for me now

# 318 JeremyB @ 12/30/15 06:51 PM
I just got my ps4 last week and was thinking about picking either Fifa 16 up or black ops 3 as there on sale until tomorrow. I'm really leaning towards Fifa

# 319 pipagol @ 01/05/16 04:07 PM
I wish they changed custom tournaments calendars. In all custom tournaments, teams play every three days, which sucks because you're forced to rotate players and so is the cpu.

# 320 MafiaMurderBag @ 03/07/16 05:54 AM
Hey Guys, i started a Women's "World Cup" where i play as all 12 teams in the game and i decided to try and do a YouTube series.

Let me know what you think and I'm still producing the rest of the episodes, it's my first go at a YT series so all feed back will be greatly appreciated!

https://youtu.be/JNpH5Q9xnSY

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.