Home
FIFA 16 News Post

FIFA 16 is available today for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. Play a few matches and let us know what you think.

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 mpt117 @ 09/23/15 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Really? Pace seems fine to me and my last game I had the most fouls called in game than any other FIFA I've played. I was playing on World Class and I had 9 fouls to the CPU 5.
I'm sorry if I came off this way, but I'm not complaining about pace at all. Just mentioned that, to me, the players feel faster/quicker than they were in the demo.

I really have no idea about the fouls. Can only comment on what I've experienced. I'm playing on default settings and sliders. Playing 6 minute halves and have gone back and forth between Professional and World Class. Most fouls I've seen in my 10 matches has been 4 in one match. Seen a few yellows, no reds, and no penalties.

# 102 TeleTex82 @ 09/23/15 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
Going to pick up a copy in a few minutes. I like the tone of the comments in here.

Sent from my iPhone using
To be fair a lot of people were leaving about last year's disaster around the same time. This year is definitely better, but still needs some patching.

# 103 SpritePuck @ 09/23/15 04:30 PM
The gameplay is not faster than the demo. However, since teams play different from each other this year, some teams play faster than others. The actual game pace is however not faster. But a team may have a quicker build up than another team.

Well into 15 hours in this game and it has not dissapointed. Amazing gameplay improvements across the board for the fans of sim style football.

# 104 SpritePuck @ 09/23/15 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
You won't be disappointed. This game....Ohhhh this game.

A++++++
I could go on and on... I have had some amazing goals and given up some amazing goals... In the end JHedges already said it best.

# 105 ZoneBlitz @ 09/23/15 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpritePuck
The gameplay is not faster than the demo. However, since teams play different from each other this year, some teams play faster than others. The actual game pace is however not faster. But a team may have a quicker build up than another team.

Well into 15 hours in this game and it has not dissapointed. Amazing gameplay improvements across the board for the fans of sim style football.
Can't wait to get home and play this again. I will be starting my women's tournament tonight, then I will be also possibly starting my Sheffield Wednesday manager mode today. So excited.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

# 106 Gnemi @ 09/23/15 05:03 PM
The changes EA made to the physics alone in this game are remarkable. I left home this morning just gushing with joy after playing a single game in my brand new career mode.

On that note: it's so awesome to choose a club with historic kits. I'm going to run with Everton this year and they have TWO historic kits. What does that mean for me, as a PC dude? I get to create four custom kits! WOO!!!!!

# 107 SpritePuck @ 09/23/15 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
Can't wait to get home and play this again. I will be starting my women's tournament tonight, then I will be also possibly starting my Sheffield Wednesday manager mode today. So excited.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
The Women's tournaments are amazing! I just wish I could set the group stage to where everyone played each other twice before knockout, it may be possible and I am just too blonde to figure it out... But this is not a big thing and they are so fun.. I have two going.

One as England as Jordan Nobbs is pretty much my hero in the world of sports. And I took Sweden just for kicks as they have players who seem to fit well in the formation I like, plus I kinda did not know the squad which makes for a cool discovery. Eventually I will complete a tournament with each team. Though winning it with some may be not possible for me. USA and Germany are pretty hard to stay with. In my Sweden tourny I drew Germany 0-0 by just keeping them off the ball. I had only three shots the whole game.

MM I decided to take Burnley and attempt to someday see the BPL again. Their kits pleased me and I like that they have a stadium in the game. The preseason summer tourney is a way cool thing. I liked that I could sub a lot and try things and made a little cash also.

I always liked Wednesday maybe will eventually do a MM with them. I also want to do AC Milan and see if I can win Euro eventually. Then maybe do a Velencia and try and topple the powers that be in Spain. Though I need to do a Bundesliga MM also.... HAHA I need more gaming hours in a day.

# 108 SpritePuck @ 09/23/15 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
The changes EA made to the physics alone in this game are remarkable. I left home this morning just gushing with joy after playing a single game in my brand new career mode.

On that note: it's so awesome to choose a club with historic kits. I'm going to run with Everton this year and they have TWO historic kits. What does that mean for me, as a PC dude? I get to create four custom kits! WOO!!!!!
Totally! The physics and where the CPU shoots from and how is awesome.. I have conceeded goals and replayed them because they are so life like. It is no shocker when watching a goal I scored over and over but you know the game is good when I am watching one the CPU scored and not to complain it was impossible but just to see it again.

First time ever I do not feel cheated in a FIFA game when I loose.

# 109 Anton10 @ 09/23/15 05:09 PM
Quote:
In fifteen women's matches and twenty men's I have yet to have them pass the ball around inside the box. Maybe a one pass to a shot.

They shoot early and often! From anywhere and everywhere. This does change depending who you play. But you see long crosses from mid field flying in for forwards. You see players shoot from wide and for me a lot of out side the box shots. I tend to drop back to prevent someone getting behind me and they shoot from outside a lot!

In my opinion the shooting issue from the demo is also gone. I have not seen finesse shots unless I used the R1.

Literally the best football game ever made. I love PES and am not a FIFA fangirl. This game is purely wonderful. Not perfect... but very good football.
I have only been playing the demo as I'm getting the game tomorrow. The game plays great but I'm worried about the AI shooting. I have been playing. Top Player level against Madrid, Man City and ,Dortmund (I was either of these teams playing against them) and it seems they don't shoot much or attack the goal until there is like 15 minutes left then score then. They get it the final third them muck around with it then I eventually tackle them (no shots outside the box). Did anyone else experience this and please tell me it's fixed in the retail version. I did play against Barca who attacked and shot lots so that was good to see.
Cheers

# 110 RoyceDa59 @ 09/23/15 05:10 PM
Quote:
The Women's tournaments are amazing! I just wish I could set the group stage to where everyone played each other twice before knockout, it may be possible and I am just too blonde to figure it out... But this is not a big thing and they are so fun.. I have two going.

One as England as Jordan Nobbs is pretty much my hero in the world of sports. And I took Sweden just for kicks as they have players who seem to fit well in the formation I like, plus I kinda did not know the squad which makes for a cool discovery. Eventually I will complete a tournament with each team. Though winning it with some may be not possible for me. USA and Germany are pretty hard to stay with. In my Sweden tourny I drew Germany 0-0 by just keeping them off the ball. I had only three shots the whole game.

MM I decided to take Burnley and attempt to someday see the BPL again. Their kits pleased me and I like that they have a stadium in the game. The preseason summer tourney is a way cool thing. I liked that I could sub a lot and try things and made a little cash also.

I always liked Wednesday maybe will eventually do a MM with them. I also want to do AC Milan and see if I can win Euro eventually. Then maybe do a Velencia and try and topple the powers that be in Spain. Though I need to do a Bundesliga MM also.... HAHA I need more gaming hours in a day.
Still haven't tried the Women's tourney, I plan to give it a go this weekend. I haven't even checked out the teams but I am curious to see what reserves they used to replace the so called ineligible players on the Canadian national team.

# 111 SpritePuck @ 09/23/15 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton10
I have only been playing the demo as I'm getting the game tomorrow. The game plays great but I'm worried about the AI shooting. I have been playing. Top Player level against Madrid, Man City and ,Dortmund (I was either of these teams playing against them) and it seems they don't shoot much or attack the goal until there is like 15 minutes left then score then. They get it the final third them muck around with it then I eventually tackle them (no shots outside the box). Did anyone else experience this and please tell me it's fixed in the retail version. I did play against Barca who attacked and shot lots so that was good to see.
Cheers
My experience is they shoot early and often from anywhere. And most the goals I have conceeded are from outside the box.

I kinda feel the short half lengths in the demo made the teams hold and wait for a shot at the end of the game. But regardless why, Iam not seeing this happen in the game. Though for a first time teams do play more life like and aome teams do play possesion style football. But they shoot more than a couple times a game. Unless others are just way better than me at defense.

# 112 SpritePuck @ 09/23/15 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Still haven't tried the Women's tourney, I plan to give it a go this weekend. I haven't even checked out the teams but I am curious to see what reserves they used to replace the so called ineligible players on the Canadian national team.
To my understanding they are real women from lower on the National Team Depth charts. This seems true. But a passionate follower of Team Canada could maybe make sure.

I know for a fact that the girl who replaced the girl in Spain is a real player and a reserve on the National roster. Someone retweeted to me a tweet of hers where she said she was surprised to be the alternate who was included in the game.

If anyone can look and see if the Canadian gals are actual that would be cool. My issue is I only know first team players, so just do not know. If no one can tell I will try to google them. The issue is I do not know who was added and who was just a bench player to begin with, so will have to google like ten or so players. As I can only rule out the girls I know for sure were on the team like Sinclair.

# 113 TX117 @ 09/23/15 05:37 PM
Started a women's tournament and I'm having a blast. Got grouped with France, Germany and U.S

# 114 Zac @ 09/23/15 06:18 PM
Is it me or can we not curve the ball? I know it was missing in 15, but it still seems to be missing. I haven't seen a curved shot or cross, corner since 14.

# 115 Gnemi @ 09/23/15 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
Is it me or can we not curve the ball? I know it was missing in 15, but it still seems to be missing. I haven't seen a curved shot or cross, corner since 14.
This would be great to know. I stopped complaining about this in FIFA 14, but yeah, it's been way too long since you could actually use a finesse shot meaningfully. I know it was a bit OP in FIFA 12, but it was still awesome to have the option.

If that skill / piece of physics was only available to players with 80+ curve, that'd be fine, so long as it's at least in the game.

# 116 fearwhatnow @ 09/23/15 07:09 PM
@stevostl,

I'm playing 10 or 15 min halves, World Class, All manual except shooting and crossing on semi+Legacy Defending. I never use top rated teams.

# 117 elprez98 @ 09/23/15 07:49 PM
Well color me surprised.

After 3 games online, FIFA has actually moved towards a more sim experience. It's been a couple of years since I had to balance time between both titles but looks like that time is back.

Good job EA.

Sent from my iPhone using

# 118 LionsFanNJ @ 09/23/15 07:54 PM
I love this year compared to the razor sharp cpu of last year. However, it made me realize I stink overall at fifa. Or at least I need to really slow my game down. Especially because I rarely see fouls when everyone else does.I havent won yet in ten games.

However, im not annoyed at all by that. Still pretty fun

# 119 bigeastbumrush @ 09/24/15 01:07 AM
As I posted in the community sliders thread, I think the game for me plays best on Pro.

The CPU plays with purpose and not just to keep possession and pass the ball around. They are more aggressive taking shots from outside the box and they make more mistakes.

It felt a little robotic on WC. Like the CPU had zero desire to take shots that would be off target.

I think if you use Pro and play with pace not spamming turbo, you'll have a fun experience and yes Sim. I think Pro gives the best balance between fun and sim.

# 120 Anton10 @ 09/24/15 05:27 AM
Quote:
My experience is they shoot early and often from anywhere. And most the goals I have conceeded are from outside the box.

I kinda feel the short half lengths in the demo made the teams hold and wait for a shot at the end of the game. But regardless why, Iam not seeing this happen in the game. Though for a first time teams do play more life like and aome teams do play possesion style football. But they shoot more than a couple times a game. Unless others are just way better than me at defense.
Cheers mate. I was playing 4 min halves (normally play 5 or 6 mins on FIFA 15). Looking at the rest of your posts shooting seems fine. I did read a FIFA 16 review that mentioned something about scoring late depending on the score or time etc so was abit worried.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.