Home
FIFA 16 News Post

FIFA 16 is available today for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. Play a few matches and let us know what you think.

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 iaxy @ 09/25/15 05:13 AM
Whilst I agree with the general consensus that EA have this year created a very credible football (soccer) experience, I am surprised at the fact that no one has commented on player models and the way players move.

For a starter, player models are just wrong - too elongated and slim and generally very samy. Playing with Real Madrid is a case in point. Take Modric and Ronaldo. In real life the former is short, stocky with short legs and low centre of gravity. The latter is tall, with long legs and imposing physique. Now look at EA's rendition of the two players. You will see almost no difference. They are both lean and tall and the same applies to most players on the field, which results in indistinguishable players if you have a far away cam setting.

The other point is regarding fluidity and style of how players move and run. A customer on Amazon gave the perfect description - they look like they run on ice wearing stilettos. I am surprised noone has picked up on this. EA really need to address this, becasue it is in contrast with what is otherwise a very slick presentation package.

Those two points really detract from the overall presentation experience of authenticity which is ironic give how well the game actually plays. The stadiums are spectacular, the sound, atmosphere, chants, light and all are truly unbelievable.

This is my only gripe in what is an overall very pleasing football game.

# 142 timmuh1515 @ 09/25/15 08:04 AM
PES definitely has FIFA beat with player models and movement. I only played the PES demo but I've read about some gameplay issues they have too. If the two games were combined it would be incredible.

Right now I'm having trouble in that I'm scoring very similar goals. I am not very good at the game so a lot of it could be attributed to that. I just need to keep experimenting it seems.

# 143 bad_philanthropy @ 09/25/15 09:37 AM
Doing a test MM with Bray. I'll say the cpu is a bit too tidy and clever in possession in general given the quality of players in the Irish league. That said, with Bray I am largely forced to play a simple game and get the ball down the pitch instead of attempting to retain possession in some instances. It's not because the cpu defense is playing out of its mind or anything, it's just that the quality of my players isn't such that they have enough skill on the ball to move it fast enough or manipulate it at their feet to create space.

When I play play now games with better teams it's a lot easier to possess the ball, and break down the cpu through the middle of the park.

Really enjoying playing and learning the game this year. Still too much on the rails stuff, but it's FIFA. It's fun as hell this year.

# 144 ZoneBlitz @ 09/25/15 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmuh1515
PES definitely has FIFA beat with player models and movement. I only played the PES demo but I've read about some gameplay issues they have too. If the two games were combined it would be incredible.

Right now I'm having trouble in that I'm scoring very similar goals. I am not very good at the game so a lot of it could be attributed to that. I just need to keep experimenting it seems.
Just keep at it. I am scoring long goals, short goals, headers and from all over the place. So it's really fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

# 145 Moses Shuttlesworth @ 09/25/15 11:06 AM
Lob passes are not accurate... the hallmark of my game is air passes to players halfway across the field, but in FIFA 16 they choose to kick to someone who I clearly am not aiming at. This needs to be patched.

# 146 stevostl @ 09/25/15 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Shuttlesworth
Lob passes are not accurate... the hallmark of my game is air passes to players halfway across the field, but in FIFA 16 they choose to kick to someone who I clearly am not aiming at. This needs to be patched.
what setting do you use on controls for lob passes? I would put this to manual if your not using that. that should help. even if you use assisted or semi controls on everything else.. at the very least keep lob pass to manual to fix this. lob pass is broken on assisted and semi controls. Manual works best for this setting. basically even if you use assisted controls or default.. at the very least u should change lob passes to manual in FIFA.. it's been like this for a couple of years now

# 147 fearwhatnow @ 09/25/15 12:13 PM
Lob pass must be on manual setting. I really don't see why someone would play this year's game on assisted settings. Semi is good for shooting and crossing, the rest should be on manual. Manual passing is way easier than the previous years and combined with the larger pitches the gameplay is more open and varied.

# 148 ZoneBlitz @ 09/25/15 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Lob pass must be on manual setting. I really don't see why someone would play this year's game on assisted settings. Semi is good for shooting and crossing, the rest should be on manual. Manual passing is way easier than the previous years and combined with the larger pitches the gameplay is more open and varied.
I have always just left the defaults. Is that why sometimes I feel it doesn't go to who u wanted it to go to? I will try a game with no assists and see what happens.

# 149 fearwhatnow @ 09/25/15 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
I have always just left the defaults. Is that why sometimes I feel it doesn't go to who u wanted it to go to? I will try a game with no assists and see what happens.

Lob pass must be on manual if you want to have total control where to pass. Otherwise the game decides the target man of the long ball. Ofc you have to disable the passing power assistance also.
Manual controls are more accessible this year and the learning curve isn't that steep.

# 150 stevostl @ 09/25/15 01:53 PM
Quote:
imo you are fine leaving defaults controls except turn player switching to air balls if not default

and lob pass to manual.. but like fearwhatnow says this FIfa is easier to get the manual controls down except for shooting for me. I can hit the target in a match with manual shooting to save my life.

I have played this game with assisted controls semi crossing and manual lob pass and that works fine for me as well and don't feel to heavily assisted to me. I'm going to try semi tonight on pass and shoot though which I haven't yet.

alls I know is the one setting everyone should have set to manual is lob pass because it will frustrate the hell out of you if you don't use that. it will never go where you want it if you don't do this

I also turn analog sprint off.. but that is just user preference really.. some probably love that. I don't

overall just play with what feels best to you.. but from my experience the lob pass seems broken if not set to manual...

# 151 mebby @ 09/25/15 03:17 PM
Wow. Easily the best FIFA game ever made. Takes me back to the first time I played WE11 and felt a huge breath of fresh air.

The ONLY thing I'm seeing that I don't love are the high pass completion percentages. But I feel like I just hate seeing it in the stats that way because I don't really notice it so much during gameplay.

I feel like my players feel a little clumsy at times in the way that they receive passes. I understand what EA is trying to do here and I applaud the effort because it makes the game feel more true to life but sometimes it feels a little overdone.

I've quickly learned to lay off the sprint button.

All in all though - seriously the best FIFA I've ever played and PROBABLY the best sports simulation I've ever played too. I've had some moments where I jump up off the couch with excitement. This game has brought the fun back.

# 152 BBallcoach @ 09/25/15 03:38 PM
I am loving it. I love that pace doesn't rule the world anymore. I like having to re-learn the correct way of passing and mixing up the types of passes to use. Though the AI's perfect passing is annoying. When they finish with like 88%+ sucks. I am only on pro right now getting used to everything. But when i bump it up to WC and Legendary I will mess with the sliders.

# 153 Cpre5 @ 09/25/15 03:49 PM
Well I had the Pro Clubs accomplishment bug happen, had full reset.

# 154 stevostl @ 09/25/15 04:43 PM
Quote:
I am only on pro right now getting used to everything. But when i bump it up to WC and Legendary I will mess with the sliders.
pro is the difficulty i'm having my most enjoyable games with so far.. maybe because I'm not good enough yet

pro is not bad at all if you ask me

# 155 RoyceDa59 @ 09/25/15 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevostl
pro is the difficulty i'm having my most enjoyable games with so far.. maybe because I'm not good enough yet

pro is not bad at all if you ask me
Yeah pro is very enjoyable as I feel the star players shine much more on that difficulty. The only problem I am have is that I feel some teams don't attack enough, but they are mostly the lower rated teams. Can't really jump it yet but I am leaning more to just tweaking sliders on that difficulty and sticking with it.

# 156 BengalTiger @ 09/25/15 05:23 PM
I cannot for the life of me understand why EA continues year after year to be unable to fix match rating in Be A Pro mode. It's been broken for so long i can't even remember anymore. I hate busting my butt all game and watching my rating continuously drain and drain away because i may be 1 foot out of position. Seriously EA do away with this all together or fix it. It's not how it works, otherwise no player ever would get over a 4.0 rating.

# 157 SpritePuck @ 09/25/15 05:38 PM
As I have said, I love this game. Amazing football.

My small complaints:

1) Some red jerseys are on the pink side, Man United is good example..

2) funds in MM.... kinda early in but not exactly what I say..

3) the women's tournament is a blast... but why can we not customise it to play everyone twice or at least twice everyone in group... I get it is set up like a WC but couldn't EA have let us build a custom tourney..

What I love:

1) Gameplay! this makes everything else no big deal... much better ai and pace

2) Winter gear fixed!!!

3) new weather

4) summer friendlt tourneys

The way the CPU plays is so amazing. So many different scoring attempts against me than any other FIFA

# 158 profger @ 09/25/15 08:59 PM
Now, I wish there was a way to make everyone press and try to dispossess the ball handler when they are in the final attacking third.

# 159 profger @ 09/25/15 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
The answer is Legacy Defending. See my post above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTiger
I cannot for the life of me understand why EA continues year after year to be unable to fix match rating in Be A Pro mode. It's been broken for so long i can't even remember anymore. I hate busting my butt all game and watching my rating continuously drain and drain away because i may be 1 foot out of position. Seriously EA do away with this all together or fix it. It's not how it works, otherwise no player ever would get over a 4.0 rating.

# 160 rckabillyRaider @ 09/26/15 02:10 AM
I have always played on world class/legendary, but this year I'm down to Pro and really enjoying it. I put it on slow with almost default sliders, I just put sprint down to around 35 for both and upped the CPU marking a bit. Games are playing out really well and it's challenging.

On another note, I've gotten called for a couple of VERY cheap penalties and some that there was literally no contact to be seen. Anybody else have this?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.