Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

The man himself, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar has posted an NBA 2K16 screenshot of himself in the game.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 VDusen04 @ 09/22/15 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Well for one that's the 70's jerseys he has on in game (the trim holes and number colloring are dead giveaways). The Laker logo is also too small.
Interesting, I always thought the purple trim was pretty prominent since they crossed over from blue to "Forum Blue". Though, a lot of that picture screams old/in-progress. Bald '89 Kareem wearing 70's unis in front of a rim with no net. Face still looks pretty great though.

# 22 AmGroot @ 09/22/15 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
No.. its something people are pointing out on Kareems twitter.

I dont give a crap if it should be or not because i know i won't be gawking for his shoulder patches or anyone elses when im playing
Jesus Christ dude.

# 23 Sam I am @ 09/22/15 01:10 PM
Really!!! See these are the damn ppl no matter what they do or who they put in the game will always bytch & moan about this detail or that detail. For years ppl have asked for him to be in the game & now you wanna cry because a logo wasn't big enough or wasn't on the uniform. GET A DAMN LIFE! Be happy that the guy is in the game, now if we could finally get an early Versions Of George Gervin, & Artis Gilnore & BarkLey & Reggie Miller, I"ll Applaud 2k while ppl cry about shoes, logos & all that other bs

# 24 WaddupCouzin @ 09/22/15 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
They actually have three versions of Kareem.

Attachment 106771

Notwithstanding the face the Bucks version is making, it's looking good.
That old school Kareem is the one from Game of Death! [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

# 25 23 @ 09/22/15 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I am
Really!!! See these are the damn ppl no matter what they do or who they put in the game will always bytch & moan about this detail or that detail. For years ppl have asked for him to be in the game & now you wanna cry because a logo wasn't big enough or wasn't on the uniform. GET A DAMN LIFE! Be happy that the guy is in the game, now if we could finally get an early Versions Of George Gervin, & Artis Gilnore & BarkLey & Reggie Miller, I"ll Applaud 2k while ppl cry about shoes, logos & all that other bs
I dont think anyone is or was there, its something I think they were pointing out because of the NBA's new logo on the back policy.

The model is AMAZING though. This is the kind of power they have if they ever get to give attention to legends

# 26 lakers24 @ 09/22/15 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Interesting, I always thought the purple trim was pretty prominent since they crossed over from blue to "Forum Blue". Though, a lot of that picture screams old/in-progress. Bald '89 Kareem wearing 70's unis in front of a rim with no net. Face still looks pretty great though.
Yeah I believe they fixed it judging from the retail version screen in the other thread. The jersey seems fine there though the chest logo is still a bit tiny.

# 27 LeBronistheKing @ 09/22/15 01:16 PM
Nothing wrong with wanting accuracy. However I think the early Showtime Lakers teams had no NBA logo on their jerseys anyway.

# 28 Mauer4MVP @ 09/22/15 01:18 PM
I wonder what type of effort it would take to dedicate a few people to re-do the legends. I don't think everyone is necessary, but the main people (Jordan, Russell, etc.)

# 29 wccym @ 09/22/15 01:26 PM
the clothes look still bad like 2k15,haven‘t any physic phenomenon

# 30 getzmunney @ 09/22/15 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wccym
the clothes look still bad like 2k15,haven‘t any physic phenomenon
You're wrong... Look at the other pic

# 31 lakers24 @ 09/22/15 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
I wonder what type of effort it would take to dedicate a few people to re-do the legends. I don't think everyone is necessary, but the main people (Jordan, Russell, etc.)
More than you'd think. This Kareem most likely took days to complete which is using the most valued resource available to a sports game cycle , time. I do think however that some guys can still be scanned (like Payton and Shaq), Jordan is one because he still looks relatively close to his late 90's self. They'd need to slim him up a bit but they'd then have a great base to use and less overall work.

# 32 Mauer4MVP @ 09/22/15 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
More than you'd think. This Kareem most likely took days to complete which is using the most valued resource available to a sports game cycle , time. I do think however that some guys can still be scanned (like Payton and Shaq), Jordan is one because he still looks relatively close to his late 90's self. They'd need to slim him up a bit but they'd then have a great base to use and less overall work.
I think it'd be worth it though. Say a team worked on really getting the key legends down. That would be a huge marketing push next year.

# 33 wccym @ 09/22/15 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by getzmunney
You're wrong... Look at the other pic
I hope so ! 2k15 is tooooooooo terrible

# 34 BA2929 @ 09/22/15 01:45 PM
This picture has actually gotten me more excited for Friday than anything that's came out in the last 2 weeks. Might have to break out my Kareem 'Starting Lineup' figure from the 80s and put it on my PS4 while I play.

# 35 daystew @ 09/22/15 02:27 PM
Wait, any news on how we ended up with two different 80s versions of Kareem? He looks great, btw...better than I even imagined.

# 36 lsalas76 @ 09/22/15 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
They actually have three versions of Kareem.

Attachment 106771

Notwithstanding the face the Bucks version is making, it's looking good.
Besides the 71 Bucks and 87 Lakers versions, what is the third version? I see in your pic he has hair but then what Lakers team is that?

# 37 wccym @ 09/22/15 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBronistheKing
If they did Kareem that much Justice than they have to do the same for Michael Jordan. They even have two different Showtime Lakers hairstyles for Kareem balding and bald. Would be nice to see the same thing applied to all classic teams.
But I think Jordan will be great! Because he is a special edition of the cover characters, I think 2K is not stupid to this point

# 38 AmGroot @ 09/22/15 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wccym
But I think Jordan will be great! Because he is a special edition of the cover characters, I think 2K is not stupid to this point
The indicators so far show that Jordan will be the same as 2K15. They only showed his shoes in the "Be Yourself" trailer.......

# 39 eko718 @ 09/22/15 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsalas76
Besides the 71 Bucks and 87 Lakers versions, what is the third version? I see in your pic he has hair but then what Lakers team is that?
That seems like the 87 Lakers version. The bald one could be any year... I think that was from MyTeam.

# 40 Lenweezy10 @ 09/22/15 04:13 PM
Is this 2k16? How do they have 3 versions?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.