Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

The trial version of NBA Live 16 is available now for EA Access subscribers. To start the download process, open up the EA Access hub, scroll over to NBA Live 16, click View in Store and download the trial.

NOTE: If you don’t see NBA Live 16 in the hub, try searching for it in the Store, then download the trial.

The NBA Live 16 trial offers EA Access subscribers 10 hours of gameplay, so make sure you exit out of the game if you are not playing. Don't pause and lose those precious minutes.

For those of you that can download it, play a few games and let us know what you think!

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 The 24th Letter @ 09/24/15 03:46 PM
Decided to fire this up....

There are a lot more animations I didn't see in the demo that I saw form the jump during my first couple of games (some damn good ones too)....seems a bit more polished than the demo overall which I expected...

Didn't notice any changes to the inside game though....still feels way to easy to comvert in the paint and the high arching hook shots are still money...

Just my first observations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 42 GisherJohn24 @ 09/24/15 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

There are a lot more animations I didn't see in the demo that I saw form the jump during my first couple of games (some damn good ones too)....seems a bit more polished than the demo overall which I expected...

Didn't notice any changes to the inside game though....still feels way to easy to comvert in the paint and the high arching hook shots are still money...

The eurostep exploit is really the dagger for me, I can't stand it anymore.

# 43 The 24th Letter @ 09/24/15 03:53 PM
The need to disable the euro step for bigs completely

# 44 pdawg17 @ 09/24/15 04:15 PM
I never got a prompt. I did start the download then put it in standby but was surprised that I didn't get a prompt...

Sent from my Fire Phone using Tapatalk

# 45 GisherJohn24 @ 09/24/15 04:58 PM
Quote:
The need to disable the euro step for bigs completely

Yep. Or anyone who can't dribble down court

# 46 Mikesthyme @ 09/24/15 05:15 PM
Is anyone having trouble Loading the game up? It's stuck on the intro screen with Westbrook dribbling ?? Is this an EA server issue? I'm on Xbox 1 early access

# 47 CujoMatty @ 09/24/15 05:18 PM
Quote:

Turn the inside shot, post move and post shot sliders to zero. It made the inside game better, not great or where it should be but bearable.

# 48 da ThRONe @ 09/24/15 10:23 PM
Maybe I'm not looking in the right places, but what's new with Rising Star this year? I'll be highly disappointed if it's basically the same as last year.

# 49 DonWuan @ 09/24/15 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Maybe I'm not looking in the right places, but what's new with Rising Star this year? I'll be highly disappointed if it's basically the same as last year.
Almost certain the only new stuff mode wise is pro am and lut or whatever. Dynasty and rising star was pretty much untouched according to dev

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

# 50 BCJMU99 @ 09/25/15 08:40 AM
I played ONE half last night, laughed and turned it off. I haven't played Live in YEARS and I realized why. I ran with my favorite team (Sixers) and please take a look at Jahlil Okafor...goodness gracious. That immediately turned me off. EA doesn't scan the 3rd overall pick? He looked like Charlie Villanueva without the headband...

The game has no flow. I played vs. the Timberwolves and every time Zach Lavine would get the ball he would drive and jump over everyone and dunk. He literally did that on three straight possessions.

Tons of offensive rebounds by players that miss layups, defense does not crash boards at all. In the half I played I don't recall the CPU shooting an outside shot, it was layups or dunks.

As I said before, I'm a 2K (from Dreamcast days) dude so you don't have to take this post seriously but DAMN DAMN DAMN. I was hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

I do have the 10 hour trial with EA Access so I'm sure I will mess around with it more since it does not expire (I still have 6 hours left on my Rory Golf trial), but it won't be hard for me to choose 2k over Live again this year.

# 51 GisherJohn24 @ 09/25/15 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJMU99
I played ONE half last night, laughed and turned it off. I haven't played Live in YEARS and I realized why. I ran with my favorite team (Sixers) and please take a look at Jahlil Okafor...goodness gracious. That immediately turned me off. EA doesn't scan the 3rd overall pick? He looked like Charlie Villanueva without the headband...

The game has no flow. I played vs. the Timberwolves and every time Zach Lavine would get the ball he would drive and jump over everyone and dunk. He literally did that on three straight possessions.

Tons of offensive rebounds by players that miss layups, defense does not crash boards at all. In the half I played I don't recall the CPU shooting an outside shot, it was layups or dunks.

As I said before, I'm a 2K (from Dreamcast days) dude so you don't have to take this post seriously but DAMN DAMN DAMN. I was hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

I do have the 10 hour trial with EA Access so I'm sure I will mess around with it more since it does not expire (I still have 6 hours left on my Rory Golf trial), but it won't be hard for me to choose 2k over Live again this year.
I will say this with utter honesty, this game plays better with a friend on the couch playing with you. The CPU AI seems to be the dagger, least for me. But playing a human, it's a TOTALLY different experience and I played my buddy last night for hours and we didn't want to stop.

# 52 notyard22 @ 09/25/15 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I will say this with utter honesty, this game plays better with a friend on the couch playing with you. The CPU AI seems to be the dagger, least for me. But playing a human, it's a TOTALLY different experience and I played my buddy last night for hours and we didn't want to stop.
I agree....playing against humans is much more enjoyable. There are issues that need to be addressed tho...

# 53 bkluvsm3 @ 09/25/15 10:53 AM
Anybody else having trouble getting NBA live trail to play keep getting a network error but my network is perfectly fine ??????

# 54 WTF @ 09/25/15 11:20 AM
May be some kind of update prep or something

# 55 pdawg17 @ 09/25/15 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
May be some kind of update prep or something
Sean did say on Twitter yesterday there would be a content update today...

# 56 NYJin2011tm @ 09/25/15 05:20 PM
Injuries in dynasty mode played games yet?

# 57 pdawg17 @ 09/25/15 11:16 PM
For those that care even though it's 2k release day there is a huge content update for the full game to download... should have some new face scans for rookies etc and hopefully some tweaks to gameplay...

# 58 pdawg17 @ 09/26/15 12:10 AM
Played Dubs (me) at Spurs with 5 minute quarters with default sliders.

First thing I noticed immediately is way more contact especially in the paint. That forced more off balance shots and more fouls. Aldridge had maybe 2 of the wacky hook shots otherwise it was elbow jumpers and believe it or not postup turnaround jump shots (not hooks!). I had plenty of pullup jumpers in the paint that didn't turn into fast moving animated dunks/layups. I maybe saw 3 dunks total in traffic where before the update it would be more like 12.

Only one game but was best human vs CPU game of Live ever... when you guys need a break from the other game check it out I'm curious if you are seeing what I'm seeing...

# 59 ballgameronny @ 09/26/15 07:51 AM
I downloaded the trial and will be playing. I usually don't buy basketball games but I am intrigued by this year's game. Will leave feedback.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

# 60 Calvenn @ 09/27/15 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
Played Dubs (me) at Spurs with 5 minute quarters with default sliders.

First thing I noticed immediately is way more contact especially in the paint. That forced more off balance shots and more fouls. Aldridge had maybe 2 of the wacky hook shots otherwise it was elbow jumpers and believe it or not postup turnaround jump shots (not hooks!). I had plenty of pullup jumpers in the paint that didn't turn into fast moving animated dunks/layups. I maybe saw 3 dunks total in traffic where before the update it would be more like 12.

Only one game but was best human vs CPU game of Live ever... when you guys need a break from the other game check it out I'm curious if you are seeing what I'm seeing...

Any additional news about the gameplay post update? Have you played any other games? What can you say about perimeter defense. Has that improve?. I find it quite easy at times to break my defender down one on one causing the defense to spin sideways (need more variety and balance with this animation). Is this still happening when a crossover is executed? What other improvements have you noticed? Mid range game? Any glaring issues? Have the rookies been patched in and how do they look?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.