Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA 2K16 is available today for those that have pre-ordered. Make sure you play a few games and share your impressions with the community.

If you have questions about the game, post them in the Q&A thread, we'd like to keep this topic strictly on impressions.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 The 24th Letter @ 09/25/15 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I don't think it worked properly the last couple of years, at least in my experience.

Right...

It hasn't been 15 years like HK said but it has been a while lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 82 DC @ 09/25/15 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystar500
You can only rebrand and/or relocate THREE teams in MyLeague. Three!
I think Leftos said anymore than 3 would complicate things.

# 83 freekbird @ 09/25/15 01:35 PM
Some observations from the one game CPU vs CPU I watched this morning between my Hornets and the Magic:

Game looks and "feels" fantastic. Being that I just watched the game instead of playing it I may have a bit different point of view than people who were focusing on playing the game, but movement-wise its the best Ive seen in a sports game.

like others have said, on ball D is MUCH improved as MKG and Batum were straight suffocating people on the perimeter. The cool thing is if they were able to get past them they scored relatively easily against our suspect rim protection. The differences in each player are very noticable, from speed/quickness to strength. Even the way they move, as MKG looked almost out of control all the time just like IRL. Another nice thing was that the game was a blowout from the 1st quarter as the Hornets ran away with it, and apart from them starting to play a bit flat in the 4th quarter the Magic never came close...no rubber banding. From presentation to player movement to ball physics this is the best sports sim ever made, and I havent even cracked my favorite game mode in MyLeague.

The only negative I saw was there were a fair amount of instances where the offensive player would just hold the ball and try and iso when he should have done something else. It happened a lot at the beginning of the game but seemed to clean up as it went on.

The only other minor complaint I have is that I cant seem to find a place to adjust rotations for the play now rosters...Marvin Williams is starting for the Hornets and that is....not good...

overall, watching a game is a worthwhile experience and I cant wait to get into MyLeague

# 84 Vni @ 09/25/15 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
Huh, thought this been in the game for years?
Yeah it's been in the game for years. It was missing in 2K14 old gen but that's about it.

# 85 jada855 @ 09/25/15 01:44 PM
• Hairstyles are the same a few updates. The shine for ethnic crop hairstyles still exist no change. If you want to avoid the shine on your hair when on the court try using a dark blonde color works pretty well on close fades.

• Running animation's are improved looks a bit more natural motion.

•*You can now wear a head band (Not sure about my career) shoes actually have a nice slope to them.

• Not sure if sock height is adjustable in My Career.

# 86 L1GHTS0UT @ 09/25/15 01:57 PM
I pre ordered the standard version but they gave me the MJ edition instead with all the pre order incentives haha! Stoked!

# 87 and1play51 @ 09/25/15 02:00 PM
NBA 2k16 PC
Just played my 1st game, sixers (me) vs Celtics...**Played on pro, just for the 1st game**
Footplanting- it feels alot more fluid
Post Game is back!! Really alot of give and take
Players shading screens and actually trying hard to recover
A lot more animations

I'll have more impressions later

# 88 RocketTMac1 @ 09/25/15 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freekbird
Some observations from the one game CPU vs CPU I watched this morning between my Hornets and the Magic:

Game looks and "feels" fantastic. Being that I just watched the game instead of playing it I may have a bit different point of view than people who were focusing on playing the game, but movement-wise its the best Ive seen in a sports game.

like others have said, on ball D is MUCH improved as MKG and Batum were straight suffocating people on the perimeter. The cool thing is if they were able to get past them they scored relatively easily against our suspect rim protection. The differences in each player are very noticable, from speed/quickness to strength. Even the way they move, as MKG looked almost out of control all the time just like IRL. Another nice thing was that the game was a blowout from the 1st quarter as the Hornets ran away with it, and apart from them starting to play a bit flat in the 4th quarter the Magic never came close...no rubber banding. From presentation to player movement to ball physics this is the best sports sim ever made, and I havent even cracked my favorite game mode in MyLeague.

The only negative I saw was there were a fair amount of instances where the offensive player would just hold the ball and try and iso when he should have done something else. It happened a lot at the beginning of the game but seemed to clean up as it went on.

The only other minor complaint I have is that I cant seem to find a place to adjust rotations for the play now rosters...Marvin Williams is starting for the Hornets and that is....not good...

overall, watching a game is a worthwhile experience and I cant wait to get into MyLeague
Sounds good.

As of now I think Cody or Marvin will be starting a 4 until Frank gets acclimated to the actual NBA. I don't see Coach Cliff giving Frank the keys to that four spot at the beginning.

# 89 BluFu @ 09/25/15 02:21 PM
Loving the new acceleration rating. Turning the corner on a pick & roll and having it kick in at the exact moment you need it to.. feels great

# 90 the_future420 @ 09/25/15 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jada855
• Hairstyles are the same a few updates. The shine for ethnic crop hairstyles still exist no change. If you want to avoid the shine on your hair when on the court try using a dark blonde color works pretty well on close fades.

Damn thats disappointing. I could have sworn that somebody posted saying that there were a lot more hairstyle options this year. I just started growing locs and it will suck if my CAP cant have them for the second year in a row

# 91 erod550 @ 09/25/15 02:30 PM
What's the point of early access if the servers aren't going to work? Just lost credit for a MyTeam win in Domination and still lost contracts because it couldn't communicate with the server after the game.

# 92 23 @ 09/25/15 02:34 PM
Derrick Rose was guarding be tight do i tried to keep the ball from him by swinging it from my right to left side in stationary triple threat

Loo and behold i elbow him in the face

Offensive foul but i think he flopped

Wow

# 93 UConcord11 @ 09/25/15 02:36 PM
The amount of first day/first week jubilance is immense. Just wait for the game to soak in, it happens every year. I thought 2K15 was great the first day I got it but hated it months later.

# 94 freekbird @ 09/25/15 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
Sounds good.

As of now I think Cody or Marvin will be starting a 4 until Frank gets acclimated to the actual NBA. I don't see Coach Cliff giving Frank the keys to that four spot at the beginning.
Yeah, Cody will pretty much for sure start the season, I just dont see Marv getting much burn this year.

Has anyone found a place to adjust rotations without being in MyLeague/GM?

But again, its great how realistic the player play...MKG was spot on, Cody was kind of all over the place making either awesome or stupid plays, Kemba was clearly a handful for the D if he decided he wanted to get into the lane, Big Al was terrible on D...

Batum was lighting it up on the first half with 19 points but kinda turned invisible in the 2nd half as hes known to do...MKG was PotG with 25 and 10...the Magic just didnt have the interior D to keep him away from the basket...

I cant wait to play more and really dive in....sucks I have to work both my jobs the next 2 days and wont be able to play till Sunday....and then Ill have to take a football break!

# 95 BluFu @ 09/25/15 02:41 PM
I have nowhere close to a good wifi speed but the 3 online games I've played have all been pretty smooth. If there was any input lag, it was minuscule at worst.

# 96 UConcord11 @ 09/25/15 02:44 PM
How can 2K justify the the PS4 highlight problem still being a thing?

# 97 teebee @ 09/25/15 02:44 PM
First thing i noticed: Rudy Gobert=Not Fair

# 98 trey2k198003 @ 09/25/15 02:45 PM
I CANT WAIT TO MOVE THE KINGS TO SEATTLE #BRININGBACKTHESONICS!

# 99 lakers24 @ 09/25/15 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
Steve, I thought that was an impression . I played against a guy that had the Cavs and all he did was drive with Lebron and it was pretty much unstoppable. Not trying to get banned, but my impression there was that Lebron seems a little overpowered at times.
I just played against the Cavs online and I held LeBron to 10 points even with LMA guarding him at times. Kyrie ended up destroying me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Stuck rise was guarding be tight do i tried to keep the ball from him by swinging it from my right to left side in stationary triple threat

Loo and behold i elbow him in the face

Offensive foul but i think he flopped

Wow
Yo that legit JUST happened to me online lol. I had Kawhi and I jab stepped and my elbow landed flush in Kyrie's face!

# 100 VDusen04 @ 09/25/15 02:49 PM
I do not have the game but I have an impression-from-a-distance I thought was worth noting. I'm not sure what buzzer beaters looked like in 2K15 but I dig what I just saw at the end of the 2000 Raptors vs. 2000 Trail Blazers game. The crowd exploding in unison is a great, great touch, ditto the immediate five-man celebration and the Raptors bench slowly spilling out (around 16:20):

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.