Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA 2K16 is available today for those that have pre-ordered. Make sure you play a few games and share your impressions with the community.

If you have questions about the game, post them in the Q&A thread, we'd like to keep this topic strictly on impressions.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 49UNCFan @ 09/25/15 04:19 PM
Wow wow wow

# 122 LionsFanNJ @ 09/25/15 04:23 PM
Only got about half a quarter in as the game installs, but OH MY GODS THAT 2k WIRE CAMERA. I love it.

# 123 Junior Moe @ 09/25/15 04:31 PM
My expectations for this game were insane and I am happy to say that NBA2K16 has lived up to the billing. You guys have already mentioned the great stuff already so I won't rehash it. The biggest thing to me though is the speed. You can really tell the difference between elite athletes. I would always toil with the speed slider trying to get it just right; I never could. 2K16 has it right. I have not touched a single slider yet and honestly I may not. Every game feels different and unique. The is about as close to perfect as we could get. Brave 2K team, and THANK YOU!! Back to gaming...

# 124 Crystar500 @ 09/25/15 04:34 PM
Minor thing - Screenshots on Xbox One aren't able to shared for this game.

# 125 m1ke_nyc @ 09/25/15 04:42 PM
I love how you no longer get stuck in animations, or should I say they minimized it. The physics on collisions are good as well. Playing against the AI they will attack you. AI plays to its strengths. Play through its stars. You get lazy on D or give them an opening the AI will make you pay. The AI doesn't run the same sets everytime down the floor. Probably the best AI ive seen in sports gaming.

# 126 DC @ 09/25/15 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeBruhChill
My only disappoint is that weight doesn't factor into attributes. Theres no difference between 7ft 315lb C and a 245 lbs in speed strength etc.

Other than that I pleased.
What do you mean?

# 127 ch46647 @ 09/25/15 04:50 PM
My ONLY criticism, besides crowd atmosphere, is that AI big men do not use a lot of their post moves.

They get the ball on the block and either power it up or shoot a fadeaway.

The developers have done a better job getting AI players to use dribble drive moves, but unfortunately this does not seem to carry over to post moves.

# 128 SportsFanatic10 @ 09/25/15 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
What do you mean?
I think he's saying he'd like to see a heavy center have a lower speed cap and a leaner center have a lower strength cap for myplayer i'm guessing.

# 129 Semipro91 @ 09/25/15 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syk_skillz
Well I see the servers haven't improved any smh
that has nothing to do with servers that is all on Sony or Microsofts side.

# 130 Black Bruce Wayne @ 09/25/15 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye guy
The most important part of any 2K game for me is the CAP. Although the player models for real players look good, the options we have in CAP are still limited.
I went into CAP and had a quick look and was disappointed to find that a 300pound C is as skinny as Rondo. Also, some Classic team players, namely Ben Wallace is as skinny as Tayshaun Prince.

For me this is a huge letdown as it makes no sense considering the amount of content in offline modes like MyLeague and MyGM has on offer. After 10 or so seasons in either mode, all drafted players will have the same body type.

Other than that, the game is amazing. From soundtrack and presentation to gameplay, 2K16 should definitely be sports game of the year, no doubt.
Yeah I was disappointed that we weren't able to pick a body type in CAP. I wanted to make a Shaq like center

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

# 131 CaseIH @ 09/25/15 05:02 PM
After finally getting to play today after getting the game last night and the 9 freaking hours it took to install I have to say pretty impressed with the 1 full game Ive played.

I will only play with real life rules and minutes so my 1st game was the 64-65 Celtics and 64-65 Lakers, lost 107-93 on All Star sim with OTB,Charging and Loose ball fouls all bump up by 30, these were the only sliders I touched and I got a wonderful game.

Hard to give much impressions after just 1 game, but I can say it was the most realistic simulation of 1 game of basketball I have ever played without adjusting sliders quite a bit, and even then the smoothest and footplanting were by far the best ever with any basketball game, although we all know the only real basketball game made for a very ong time has been NBA2k,lol.

Free Throws aren't nearly as easy for both you and the AI, and especially when your on the road, love the screen shake when shooting away from home.

Didn't feel the need to have to try and be the guy to get the rebound or try and block the shot because my AI teammates actually played with some brains finally after all these years.

Shooting isn't nearly as easy as it was last year, after they broke NBA2k15 with patching shooting to make it easier. Hopefully they don't listen to all the crybaby online players this year and break the game once again.

Love how shooters come off screens, its so lifelike now, and jus the over all movement is incredible.

Only issue I see in actual gameplay is they still haven't fixed players being in foul trouble sitting long enough. In the 1 game I played the subbing pattern did seem slightly improved but hard to tell with playing classic teams as there isn't many subs anyway with guys playing so many minutes, so that's a wait an see really.

Not sure VIP stats are working, but that might be because I only played 1 game, and I know its use to be 2 games played before you saw any stats in VIP.

Im definitely not a fanboy and will tell it like it is if the game is junk or has major issues, and obviously 1 game played your not going to find major bugs typically anyway. The REAL impression will be down the line if MY GM and My League are working right with sim stats, trades and FA signings, as that's where the NBA2k devs screw things up most years.

I can say from a gameplay standpoint its by far the best ever, no more sliding and your AI teammates being stupid, as well as feeling the Computer itself is getting magical boost to beat you or comeback, not that I ever felt there was a comeback code anyway, but now they just feel to change up gameplans and punish where you weak during the game.

# 132 Black Bruce Wayne @ 09/25/15 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHawkins

Can't get a game on ProAM because most cowards keep quitting during the wait time. But the servers still having issues for the umpteenth year in a row is disturbing. Other than that I loved designing the home court for My Team.
I think if we wait a week or two more people will have bought the game, thus we can get more people for ProAm. Calling them cowards over a game is kind of weird lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

# 133 Sdrawkcab321 @ 09/25/15 05:09 PM
Man the post is difficult this year. I can't seem to figure it out yet.

# 134 Deflo_ @ 09/25/15 05:18 PM
Simply amazing

# 135 Afro_Explosion @ 09/25/15 05:21 PM
I've only been playing for about 20 minutes, but this feels entirely different from 2k15.

# 136 MDgolf @ 09/25/15 05:21 PM
Presentation went to another level. That half time show is unreal!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 137 Impetuous65 @ 09/25/15 05:24 PM
OK, I figured out OTF Subs. Down on the D pad brings up your players on the floor now you must use the right stick to the corresponding player you want to sub out The Point Guard is up on the right stick. It sends you to the players on the bench that can fill that role. Now select one based on the right stick direction press circle and he starts to walk towards the Press table. The Manual doesn't go into detail at all, just down on the d pad follow on screen display. That's literally all they say.

# 138 Yuss @ 09/25/15 05:28 PM
just had my first green release miss with Joe Johnson lol

Funny thing is on the possession after, I got another green release with Joe Johnson that went in.

Looks like his shot is easy to master

# 139 LouAllDay @ 09/25/15 05:37 PM
My dream has come true. I'm actually playing basketball. That's the first time ever I'm speachless when I first run the game. And this presentation... Wow.

# 140 thmst30 @ 09/25/15 05:37 PM
Finally!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.