Home
Power Pros 2016 News Post

Baseball fans, don't be sour. Look above, and feel the power! It's a new day on PlayStation 4, yes it is! For the first time in the platform's short history, Konami is bringing one of their two Nippon Professional Baseball games to PS4. Power Pros 2016 is targeting a Spring 2016 release in Japan on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, and that's all we really know about the game right now, based on an official press release that contains one teaser screenshot.

A new version of Pro Yakyuu Spirits is also being made for iOS and Android, and that product is far enough along in development that Konami has posted a pretty detailed trailer to their Japanese YouTube channel:

Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace should be available on phones and tablets sometime in 2015, according to the above video. Konami's also uploaded lots of in-game screenshots and a few paragraphs describing Ace's game modes on its Japanese webpage.

Game: Power Pros 2016Hype Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Eyeman79 @ 09/26/15 02:52 PM
OK, that does it! who wants to buy an XBone.

# 2 bxphenom7 @ 09/26/15 03:23 PM
So is Pro Yakyuu Spirits not coming to PS4?

# 3 C.J.S. @ 09/26/15 06:04 PM
PYS>PP

Are U kidding Me!

# 4 jvalverde88 @ 09/26/15 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.S.
PYS>PP

Are U kidding Me!
Power Pros outsells PYS in Japan and I would guess its cheaper to develop so this decision makes sense for them.

# 5 jvalverde88 @ 09/26/15 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic04
LOL this game sucked (Bobblehead Pros) on Xbox 360, I don't know how will it be for PS4
Power Pros and Bobblehead Pros aren't the same game at all. Bobblehead Pros was inspired by Power Pros but thats it.

# 6 AdamJones113 @ 09/26/15 09:05 PM
Oh... my... This has made my day. This has made my week.

# 7 ComfortablyLomb @ 09/27/15 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
Power Pros and Bobblehead Pros aren't the same game at all. Bobblehead Pros was inspired by Power Pros but thats it.
Yea, this. Power Pros is high end quality. Bobblehead Pros was garbage.

# 8 asu666 @ 09/27/15 11:12 AM
I love playing both series, but it seems like there is less and less English in each successive version. I wish Konami would just include an English language option.

# 9 Will I Am @ 09/29/15 12:23 AM
There is still lots of time for Konami to announce PYS for PS4, lets not despair just yet.

# 10 jvalverde88 @ 09/29/15 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
There is still lots of time for Konami to announce PYS for PS4, lets not despair just yet.
Its not going to happen, why keep a game that is only made for one part of the world especially if your company is hemorrhaging money.

Only reason why Power Pros is still a AAA game is because:

A)Its one of their most popular and best selling games

B) Its probably cheaper to make than PYS.

# 11 Therion7 @ 09/29/15 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asu666
I love playing both series, but it seems like there is less and less English in each successive version. I wish Konami would just include an English language option.
Agreed, I like them both too but with Power Pros it really does feel like I'm missing out on the guts of the game with so much of its charm tied up in to the rpg elements.

So for a pennant race where I can get by with kana and knowing the baseball-centric kanji, I'd invariably pick PYS to play as the pitching and batting mechanics are deeper even though they share very similar foundations.

If Konami localised a PS4 Power Pro into English I'd be delighted but very surprised. A lot of the Japanese for the more complex game mode elements is tied up in the actual graphics rather than simply grabbing it from a text file and rendering it like EA do with their sports titles.

# 12 saintjimbo1885 @ 09/29/15 08:59 AM
The fact that Power Pros is appearing on the PS4 is good news for us PYS fans!! Both games use the same stadium modelling and that combined with all the new facial scans that were done for PYS 2015 I suspect (hope!!) means the chances of it now being released on PS4 are pretty good.

The reason the announcement for Power Pros has been made so early is that the game is normally released in October, so it make sense they had to release news about it now.

My assumption was that AAA games were the ones that were aimed and released internationally like PES or Metal Gear etc. so I wouldn't consider either PYS or Power Pros to be AAA games for Konami as both are aimed specifically at the Japanese market.

Because of this it's unfair to complain about the lack of English in the game.... would be like Japanese people complaining about the lack of Kanji in MLB The Show.

Worst case scenario we only have Power Pros on PS4 which wouldn't be the end of the world seeing as it's such a solid game.

Guess we will have to wait until March 2016 to find out!!

Btw it's amazing to read that in the first two months of Power Pros being released on mobile/tablet it had 5 million downloads!!

# 13 C.J.S. @ 09/29/15 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjimbo1885
The fact that Power Pros is appearing on the PS4 is good news for us PYS fans!! Both games use the same stadium modelling and that combined with all the new facial scans that were done for PYS 2015 I suspect (hope!!) means the chances of it now being released on PS4 are pretty good.

The reason the announcement for Power Pros has been made so early is that the game is normally released in October, so it make sense they had to release news about it now.

My assumption was that AAA games were the ones that were aimed and released internationally like PES or Metal Gear etc. so I wouldn't consider either PYS or Power Pros to be AAA games for Konami as both are aimed specifically at the Japanese market.

Because of this it's unfair to complain about the lack of English in the game.... would be like Japanese people complaining about the lack of Kanji in MLB The Show.

Worst case scenario we only have Power Pros on PS4 which wouldn't be the end of the world seeing as it's such a solid game.

Guess we will have to wait until March 2016 to find out!!

Btw it's amazing to read that in the first two months of Power Pros being released on mobile/tablet it had 5 million downloads!!
Yeah it does point more to a PYS on PS4.

Im not amazed, younger people play on there phones and younger people play PP. They cant get there parents to spring for a big tv.

# 14 C.J.S. @ 09/29/15 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
Its not going to happen, why keep a game that is only made for one part of the world especially if your company is hemorrhaging money.

Only reason why Power Pros is still a AAA game is because:

A)Its one of their most popular and best selling games

B) Its probably cheaper to make than PYS.
Any numbers on sales PP vs PYS. I'd like to see how much more PP makes.

# 15 Will I Am @ 09/29/15 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.S.
Any numbers on sales PP vs PYS. I'd like to see how much more PP makes.

This is a quote from Vern of Spiritstranslation.com

"PYS does sell well. Numbers aren't available for PYS 2015, but 2014 sold 290,000 units (which includes 90,000 PSP units) while Power Pro sold 270,000 which doesn't have a PSP version".

# 16 C.J.S. @ 09/30/15 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
This is a quote from Vern of Spiritstranslation.com

"PYS does sell well. Numbers aren't available for PYS 2015, but 2014 sold 290,000 units (which includes 90,000 PSP units) while Power Pro sold 270,000 which doesn't have a PSP version".
So PYS out sold PP?

200,000 on consoles and 90,000 on Portable?

# 17 RandallB21 @ 09/30/15 12:38 PM
MLB Power Pros 2008 was a very very fun game. Can't wait to see this version and hope that they can get MLB licencing again!

# 18 loco78 @ 12/02/15 03:58 PM
Is it possible are there the world baseball classic teams?

# 19 saintjimbo1885 @ 01/15/16 08:08 AM
Quick heads up that the Power Pros 2016 website is now live!! Pretty bare at the moment apart from a few screenshots and some news about a new mode but expect updates in the coming weeks!!

http://www.konami.jp/pawa/2016/index.html

Oh and found this link with a few more pics:

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/first-loo...uccess-special

# 20 Blzer @ 01/15/16 10:16 AM
It's an FTP game with microtransactions. Bleh.

« Previous1234567892223Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.