Home
Power Pros 2016 News Post

Baseball fans, don't be sour. Look above, and feel the power! It's a new day on PlayStation 4, yes it is! For the first time in the platform's short history, Konami is bringing one of their two Nippon Professional Baseball games to PS4. Power Pros 2016 is targeting a Spring 2016 release in Japan on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, and that's all we really know about the game right now, based on an official press release that contains one teaser screenshot.

A new version of Pro Yakyuu Spirits is also being made for iOS and Android, and that product is far enough along in development that Konami has posted a pretty detailed trailer to their Japanese YouTube channel:

Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace should be available on phones and tablets sometime in 2015, according to the above video. Konami's also uploaded lots of in-game screenshots and a few paragraphs describing Ace's game modes on its Japanese webpage.

Game: Power Pros 2016Hype Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 101 C.J.S. @ 03/22/16 10:58 PM
I think i got the best settings for PYS..

do you guys have the link to the settings translated?

i don't have a PS3 anymore just PS4 so i can't just take a picture of them.

these settings i think you'll love..

# 102 Shadak @ 03/23/16 04:01 AM

# 103 saintjimbo1885 @ 03/23/16 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadak
thanks for posting these.

Im not sure why maybe I dont practice enough but PS3 controller has really sensitive sticks and I have a hard time sometimes to precisely move them to the ball location, especially upper part of the zone.

I was thinking about getting a PS4 controller for my PS3, can someone who has used both please comment on the stiffness of the sticks?

Thank you

Have tried my PS4 controller with PYS and Power Pros a few times but I find it more difficult to move the bat around the strike zone as precisely and therefore harder to make good contact with the ball. I also feel that it can be a bit sluggish compared to the PS3 controller, it's as if there is a bit of lag.

Of course it's probably all in my mind and if I stuck with it I suspect I would soon get used to it!!

Come to think of it, I probably should give it a good long run on the PS3 in preparation for Jikkyou 2016 on the PS4!!

Btw the PS4 controller is much more comfortable to use in my opinion, as I've always felt the PS3 one was too small.

# 104 Will I Am @ 03/23/16 11:48 AM
Quote:
Those settings were never quite finished were they? Only works for me down to batting, pitching for instance isn't translated.

# 105 Shadak @ 03/23/16 03:50 PM
Right sorry about that wrong link:
http://australian-postcodes.com/pros...-settings.html

# 106 Shadak @ 03/24/16 02:18 PM
I cant decide what cursor to use. OFF is quite hard for me but Fade is too easy and even with real point I can tell too quickly if its going to be a ball :-/

# 107 saintjimbo1885 @ 03/24/16 06:32 PM
Quote:
I cant decide what cursor to use. OFF is quite hard for me but Fade is too easy and even with real point I can tell too quickly if its going to be a ball :-/
Unless you play with the cursor off, you will not get many balls/walks.

So my advice would be to start on pitching difficulty hard but with the slowest pitch speed and as you grow accustomed to hitting this way, gradually increase the speed until you find a level that is a "fair" challenge for you.

The other alternative is to leave the cursor on fade but ramp the pitch speed up to a faster level and/or increase the pitch difficulty so that the cursor dances about the strike zone.

# 108 jyoung @ 03/24/16 09:03 PM
Online Play was confirmed today for PS4 and PS3:

http://www.konami.jp/pawa/2016/news.html

Hopefully it's running on a peer-to-peer connection system and we can get some USA vs. USA games going.

# 109 C.J.S. @ 03/25/16 02:28 AM

# 110 C.J.S. @ 03/25/16 04:20 AM
New Season Arrives for Mobile Game
"PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL SPIRITS A (Ace)"!

http://www.konami-digital-entertainm...e-_-20160324-e

http://www.konami.jp/prospi_a/index.php5#

# 111 Will I Am @ 03/25/16 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.S.
New Season Arrives for Mobile Game
"PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL SPIRITS A (Ace)"!

http://www.konami-digital-entertainm...e-_-20160324-e

http://www.konami.jp/prospi_a/index.php5#
What's required to actually be able to install this game over here?

Edit: Found an apk file for version 2.0 of the game. Installed on my nexus player and it looks pretty good except it's sideways and can't control properly. Might try installing on my phone sometime.

# 112 Shadak @ 03/25/16 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjimbo1885
Unless you play with the cursor off, you will not get many balls/walks.

So my advice would be to start on pitching difficulty hard but with the slowest pitch speed and as you grow accustomed to hitting this way, gradually increase the speed until you find a level that is a "fair" challenge for you.

The other alternative is to leave the cursor on fade but ramp the pitch speed up to a faster level and/or increase the pitch difficulty so that the cursor dances about the strike zone.
Thank you,
I tried leaving it on fade and increased pitch speed to 2nd last, middle+ i believe, that seems to make it a bit more challenging, will try Hard difficulty too or real speed.

# 113 C.J.S. @ 03/26/16 03:26 AM
I haven't played 15 just 14 i am seeing some differences. This really shines during day games.

# 114 C.J.S. @ 03/27/16 12:13 AM
any gameplay of JPP 2016 yet?

# 115 kingdevin @ 03/29/16 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
Well if nothing else Konami is still updating the 2015 game with LIVE fixes. I'm not exactly sure what the issue was but they have fixed it so at least they are still looking after the game.

How do u enable the live fixes to download?

# 116 Will I Am @ 03/29/16 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdevin
How do u enable the live fixes to download?
I don't think there is actually anything to d/l, more a problem that was happening with certain online stuff that they fixed.

# 117 kingdevin @ 03/29/16 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
I don't think there is actually anything to d/l, more a problem that was happening with certain online stuff that they fixed.

Ok, thx Will

# 118 C.J.S. @ 03/30/16 11:31 PM
More proof PYS on PS4 is coming..
I asked Why no PYS on PS4..
Person in japan said....
They gonna lunch Jikkyou Powerful Pro 2016 instead, beacuse 20th aniversary of Jikkyou Powerful Pro series..

So that's the reason JPP is in place of PYS not because Konami dumped it..

# 119 Will I Am @ 03/30/16 11:35 PM
Good lord I hope your right. The show is "ok" but don't know how I'll manage w/o PYS.

# 120 C.J.S. @ 03/31/16 02:17 AM

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.