Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

NBA Live 16 is available today. Make sure you play a few games and share your impressions with the community.

If you have questions about the game, post them in the Q&A thread, we'd like to keep this topic strictly on impressions.

Read the full press release below.

Today Electronic Arts Inc. launched NBA LIVE 16 on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. NBA LIVE 16 highlights the brand-new LIVE PRO-AM mode, as well as the new LIVE Motion physics system. Players can express themselves both on and off the court with new gameplay mechanics, fresh gear and kicks, plus new ways to play.

LIVE PRO-AM provides players the chance to rise together with online team-play mode LIVE Run and the new cooperative Summer Circuit mode. In LIVE Run up to 10 players can compete in online games to 21 points on iconic courts like Rucker Park, Venice Beach, Terminal 23 and more. Summer Circuit allows up to five players to travel around North America challenging all-star teams as they try to become the true kings of the court. Those who have played the NBA LIVE 16 demo on Xbox One or PS4 will be able to carry over created player progress and unlocked gear, getting a leg up on the competition.

Players can find the perfect gear to express their personality, with hundreds of shirts, shoes, sneakers, and more available from top brands. Players can also get themselves in the game with the official NBA LIVE Companion (available on the App Store and Google Play) featuring GameFaceHD. This exclusive mobile scanning technology allows fans to quickly and easily scan their face and upload it to their in-game character.

Created characters can also be used in Rising Star career mode (retaining all progression across modes), and aspiring GMs can try their hand at running a NBA franchise in Dynasty mode. Players looking to build an unbeatable crew of both modern stars and past greats can jump into LIVE Ultimate Team, and those hoping to either relive or rewrite history can check out LIVE Rewind and Big Moments. Newcomers or players looking to build their skill base can jump into Learn LIVE, with multiple options for drills and practice sessions.

Fans will also be treated to enhanced gameplay in NBA LIVE 16 thanks to the new LIVE Motion physics system. Players move with purpose and react intelligently to try and get open with cuts and off-ball screens. Plus, new mechanics like touch passing and dribble handoffs make it easier than ever to orchestrate the offense and make the big play. In addition to all these features, new shot mechanics, shot meter and feedback give players instant information to help them learn exactly when to release the ball. With the variety of modes, options and gameplay upgrades, there’s something in NBA LIVE 16 for everyone.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 481 The 24th Letter @ 04/05/16 07:15 PM
Man what's crazy is the amount of like....13 year olds playing this mode. I know the youngins go online but it's crazy...

Like dudes mom's are fussing in the background and ****

# 482 Calvenn @ 04/07/16 10:58 PM
I have, on purpose, refrained from creating sliders as of late due to earlier issues with Synergy. However, I stumbled upon the set below (credit to ThaLiveKing) and if you like Lild20's sliders , IMO you'll love these even more! I can't say enough how much these sliders have elevated the game! I have known about them for a month and have been feeling guilty not disclosing them to the community . http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2048103850

These sliders are effective in both All-Star and Superstar level of play. I normally play on Superstar and glad to say the game is VERY playable in this mode with this set. Basically, the sliders eliminate paint cheese and allows the cpu/human defender to track/guard various post moves more effectively while reducing the accuracy of these shots. It also reduces errant shots mainly by the cpu and retains crisp game flow. Rebounding and shot blocking are also noticeable improved! Overall, a very well balanced slider set that truly enhances the game!

With the playoffs fast approaching, I figured this would be good time to post them here for the masses.

# 483 Calvenn @ 04/08/16 11:02 PM
It's been mentioned several times here that Live 16, much like Live 15, sometimes plays very fast or very slow for unknown reasons. There have been suggestions that this symptom is triggered by Synergy updates (the recommendation is to apply the next update to address the faulty update). However, in my case, I continued to experience this erratic behavior irregardless of multiple Synergy updates. This led to the following discovery. Normally, I keep my PS4 in standby mode for weeks without rebooting. However, after rebooting my PS4 (assuming this clears cache memory, etc), I noticed that the game pace returned back to normal, compared to the extremes peviously exhibited! This has been the case each time I have rebooted the PS4 for the past month (wanted to allow enough time to recursively duplicate or validate this response). I'm now at a point where I reboot every day to every other day and so far, it's been effective (knock on wood).

If you have experienced the above, I would strongly suggest that you apply this step. No guarantees that it's a sure fix but worth a try. Let us know your results.

# 484 Calvenn @ 04/18/16 10:56 PM
Another item I would like to mention or share. For those not already aware, changing the human shooting options also affects or impacts the defensive intensity of the game. The CPU and human controlled players are most effective on defense with user shooting and free throw shooting both set to Ratings only. User timing and Ratings produces a more lax defense, especially in the post and in player intensity on that side of the ball.

# 485 Calvenn @ 04/29/16 01:11 AM
I have updated the aforementioned sliders with a minor but effective change. The change really tightens up and improves interior and overall D even more (more closeouts by cpu, more contact in paint and in general, more steals and blocks, more fouls,, more realistic fg%s, etc) and makes it a bit more challenging for the human player to score on the defense, especially when playing on Superstar level. Refer to the above link for the update.

# 486 bodean @ 05/01/16 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvenn
I have, on purpose, refrained from creating sliders as of late due to earlier issues with Synergy. However, I stumbled upon the set below (credit to ThaLiveKing) and if you like Lild20's sliders , IMO you'll love these even more! I can't say enough how much these sliders have elevated the game! I have known about them for a month and have been feeling guilty not disclosing them to the community . http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2048103850

These sliders are effective in both All-Star and Superstar level of play. I normally play on Superstar and glad to say the game is VERY playable in this mode with this set. Basically, the sliders eliminate paint cheese and allows the cpu/human defender to track/guard various post moves more effectively while reducing the accuracy of these shots. It also reduces errant shots mainly by the cpu and retains crisp game flow. Rebounding and shot blocking are also noticeable improved! Overall, a very well balanced slider set that truly enhances the game!

With the playoffs fast approaching, I figured this would be good time to post them here for the masses.

So those sliders, we leave human at default and just modify CPU?

# 487 Calvenn @ 05/01/16 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodean
So those sliders, we leave human at default and just modify CPU?
Actualy, the slider settings apply to both human and CPU. I will update that thread to make this clear. In regards to the latest update, I recommend starting with Jostle vs Blow-by set to 20 for both Human and CPU. If you wish to see tighter defense then update CPU to 10. Feel free to update the community with your results after you apply and test them.

# 488 pdawg17 @ 05/05/16 07:49 PM
Is there a new update on Xbox today? I haven't played in months but started it up and it wants me to do a 2gb update. I have things set up to automatically update so if this is an old patch it should have installed already...

# 489 DJ @ 05/08/16 01:23 PM
This game is fun in short doses (1-2 games a week), I'm glad I added it to the rotation along with 2K. Played the Raptors-Heat game yesterday and just had a blast; Lowry and Wade went off, just like they did irl.

There are issues with the game, for sure, but I feel like the positives outweigh the negatives.

# 490 Pikesburgh @ 05/11/16 02:06 AM
I just downloaded the demo today, as I'm not really a big NBA fan...I'd love to play rising star, but I have 2 questions that I would really appreciate if someone could answer.

1) In the demo, 50% of the CPU's shots are 3s....I'd say about 66% (2/3) to 75% (3/4) of the CPU's 2 point field goal attempts are in the paint. Is this just a demo thing? Or is the full version of the game different? If I remember correctly, 33% (1/3) or less of FG attempts in a real NBA game are 3s. If that.

2) In rising star, can you adjust the sliders? I'm big on realistic stats. I simply want a career where I shoot 40-50% from the field, under 40% from 3, over 70% from the line, and have some nice close games.

# 491 BlueAngels98 @ 03/10/17 11:46 AM
Was this game worth a try?

# 492 jahswill @ 03/14/17 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngels98
Was this game worth a try?
I say yes personally. I'm very big on physics. This game does some things really well. But it lacks some animation fluidity. I have recently come back to this game after being frustrated with a noticeable lack of physics in other games.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.