Home
Franchise Hockey Manager 2 News Post

Franchise Hockey Manager 2 (FHM 2) is available now for purchase for a special opening week price of $29.99. Buy now and save money, as after October 5th the game will cost $39.99.

Quote:
This is the deepest, most immersive, and most customizable hockey management game in the world. It's the closest you can get to being a professional hockey coach or general manager. Choose one of 21 leagues from around the world and select a team to guide to glory. Or, create your own fictional setup from one of 34 templates. In FHM 2 you are in charge of signing free agents, making big trades or waiver wire pickups, drafting the next crop of superstars, setting your lines and in-game tactics and much more.

The game comes with complete 2015/2016 rosters, new game engine, revamped tactics system, league expansion support, robust and complete history tracking, Facegen technology and much more. Read the full details here.

Franchise Hockey Manager 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view Franchise Hockey Manager 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view Franchise Hockey Manager 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view Franchise Hockey Manager 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Franchise Hockey Manager 2Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PCVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 CarryTheWeight @ 09/29/15 11:58 AM
Bought it yesterday afternoon and was immediately blown away by the staggering amount of detail.

Took over the Sabres and had my first "OMG" moment in the simulator just five games into the season.

It's overtime in New York at the Barclays Center and the Sabres are even with the Islanders at 2-2. Jack Eichel's line peppers Kevin Poulin with shot after shot. One by one, Poulin covers or the puck goes out of play. For what seems like minutes, my top offensive line of Moulson-Eichel-O'Reilly wins draw after draw, keeping the puck in the zone, when, finally, the 18 year old phenom tips a rebound into the net and wins the game in overtime. Who would have thought a text sim could be so exciting?

There's a few little things missing from this game that are keeping it from reaching the level of ultimate control its baseball cousin delivers. First, you can't temporarily control other teams as Commissioner like you can in OOTP (the Act As feature). You can't forcibly bring players out of retirement whether to play or coach. The AI trade logic is a bit unbalanced and your assistant/head coach often plays natural wingers at center should you choose to automate tactics and lines. Finally, there aren't any international competitions (Olympics, World Championships, World Juniors etc.)

With that being said, it is a HUGE improvement in every way over its predecessor. While the lack of a few features other games included are a bit annoying, what it does include more than makes up for what it lacks. This is an excellent foundation that future games in the series will only improve on --- the two year development cycle certainly worked in FHM2's favor.

After many years without, we now have two great hockey management sims on the market. EHM: EA and FHM2 are worthy alternatives to NHL's Be A GM Mode. What's more, they're both great ways to support two hard-working independent sports game developers.

# 2 shotclockcheese @ 09/29/15 02:05 PM
Can I play the game offline(with AI opponents)?

# 3 Sebastian Palkowski @ 09/29/15 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotclockcheese
Can I play the game offline(with AI opponents)?
Yes, that is the main mode of FHM 2.

# 4 RobUofM @ 09/30/15 11:50 AM
Is the in game interactive? Do the players and puck move at all? I know its text just wondering if their is any visual? I tried to get into EHM but it seemed confusing. I have played OOTP for a decade I might have to try this out.

# 5 Sebastian Palkowski @ 09/30/15 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUofM
Is the in game interactive? Do the players and puck move at all? I know its text just wondering if their is any visual? I tried to get into EHM but it seemed confusing. I have played OOTP for a decade I might have to try this out.
No, you see a graphical indication where the puck is on ice (which zone, the rink has 24 zones total) at all time but the game has no 2D/3D mode. However, you could choose to "watch" the complete game (every action that takes place) with pbp text (that takes of course quit some time ) or you can select one of the highlight modes (right down to scoring alone). Whatever fits your style of play best.

# 6 Spear @ 09/30/15 12:18 PM
The visual is better than OOTP. Every second in the game is simulated.

There then is a dot on the ice, so when a play happens, there's a text. Example: pass back to the blue line and the dot moves back towards the blue line. If you wanted and sit through the entire game you could, it would take a while though.

# 7 shotclockcheese @ 10/01/15 03:17 PM
Which one should I get? This or Eastside Hockey Manager(Latest version)? I know that FHM2 is newer but EHM has a cheaper pricetag.

# 8 Money99 @ 10/01/15 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotclockcheese
Which one should I get? This or Eastside Hockey Manager(Latest version)? I know that FHM2 is newer but EHM has a cheaper pricetag.
Haven't played EHM in a while, but FHM allows for online leagues ala OOTP.
To me, that's worth the purchase alone.

# 9 AdamJones113 @ 10/01/15 10:12 PM
I posted my review on another site. Cole will post it on the FHM2 forums soon, you can view it from there (I've got the same handle on that site too) rather than me directing y'all to a second site.

# 10 Mike Lowe @ 10/02/15 12:36 PM
I've just posted the application for our SSG NHL Hockey league which will use Franchise Hockey Manager 2. With the patch coming out today, we'll release a league file ASAP and give folks a chance to get things ready for when we'll have our first games simulated. Beyond that, we will follow a real-time daily schedule like all other leagues at SSG.

Expect this first season to mirror the 2015-2016 NHL season as closely as possible. We'll definitely look to adjust some rules/settings beyond this first season as the NHL does some wacky things!

We'll also likely be expanding, especially if the NHL does so next year as rumored.

Please take a look around the SSG website before quickly rushing off an application (it's not first-come-first-serve anyway). We're a unique simulation universe with an already great core of guys in our OOTP baseball league as well as our college and soon pro football leagues. We'll also be added both pro and college basketball once hockey gets off the ground and likely a FIFA league next fall. A truly year-round simulation universe!

While I'm very proud of our group of guys and our unique structure and approach, it's understandably not for everyone, so please take a look around. I hope to hear from some of you soon. We've waited a long time for a great hockey sim, and I'm excited to dive into FHM2!

I've just posted to the website our catch-up calendar/schedule, an updated rules page, and a link for NHL graphics (with readme files).

We still have teams available, and once the patch drops today, I'll be uploading our first league file. Come get a team while the original batch lasts!

www.simsportsglobal.com
Leagues--SSG Hockey

# 11 dubbs88 @ 10/17/15 11:12 AM
How is this shaping up, played hours and hours of EHM, but has been falling behind on updating and keeping up with my game. Played the baseball versions for a few years and loved it, but I am a true hockey fan, should've got it at the cheaper price before it went up!

# 12 brentdog @ 12/11/15 07:12 PM
The iNHL is in it's first season of simulating and we're looking for 6 dedicated GM's who are interested in joining our league, which is run using Franchise Hockey Manager 2. Our upload schedules are deadlines of 10:00 pm Central time for Sunday - Thursday evenings with Fri and Sat used as our "offdays".

We are setup thru the fttp process, so you'll be using the upload button from within the game to send off your teamfiles... easy peazy! We have a whatsapp group set up for ease of communication and a good 'community spirit' as a result.

Current opportunities include:

Anaheim Ducks, Calgary Flames, Carolina Hurricanes, Columbus Blue Jackets, New York Islanders & San Jose Sharks

We may have a few teams become available in the near future as well.

Please stop-by the website or PM me for more info as teams will be allocated on a first come first serve basis!

# 13 Money99 @ 12/16/15 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentdog
The iNHL is in it's first season of simulating and we're looking for 6 dedicated GM's who are interested in joining our league, which is run using Franchise Hockey Manager 2. Our upload schedules are deadlines of 10:00 pm Central time for Sunday - Thursday evenings with Fri and Sat used as our "offdays".

We are setup thru the fttp process, so you'll be using the upload button from within the game to send off your teamfiles... easy peazy! We have a whatsapp group set up for ease of communication and a good 'community spirit' as a result.

Current opportunities include:

Anaheim Ducks, Calgary Flames, Carolina Hurricanes, Columbus Blue Jackets, New York Islanders & San Jose Sharks

We may have a few teams become available in the near future as well.

Please stop-by the website or PM me for more info as teams will be allocated on a first come first serve basis!
Can you explain the upload/import process a bit more.
I've been testing on my end, and it seems that the import/export process isn't nearly as seamless as OOTP's.
It's as if you have to download the entire league file each and every time.
Is that the case?

I'd be interested in joining, but I want to make sure I understand the process first.

Thanks!

P.S. What's your league's URL?

# 14 Mike Lowe @ 12/16/15 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I've been testing on my end, and it seems that the import/export process isn't nearly as seamless as OOTP's.
Is that the case?

I'd be interested in joining, but I want to make sure I understand the process first.

Thanks!

While FHM2 should hopefully be as streamlined as OOTP, right now you are correct that you must download the league file manually. You can, as you mention, upload an export from within the game.

If you're interested in a second league, we have teams open still at www.simsportsglobal.com

Applications can be found on the website, and we can get you added today.

# 15 mlb61 @ 12/31/15 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbs88
How is this shaping up, played hours and hours of EHM, but has been falling behind on updating and keeping up with my game. Played the baseball versions for a few years and loved it, but I am a true hockey fan, should've got it at the cheaper price before it went up!
Save your money and stick with EHM. FHM is nothing like OOTP.

# 16 brentdog @ 01/04/16 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Is that the case?

Thanks!

Sorry for taking a little while to get back to you on this... busy festive season and all that :-P

As said by Mike @ SSG, unfortunately yes, you would need to download the League file each time, but then uploading your own team file can be done in game. So it's still relatively simple; there's no need for everyone to be logged on to the same server at the same time or anything like that.

I think the devs at FHM2 would ultimately want the same level of functionality for online as you find in FHM2, but this is still a young game series so I'm sure that will come with time.

Unfortunately I don't have enough posts to put the full link to our site on here, but if you type in inhl dot boards dot net you should get there.

# 17 Matt Diesel @ 01/04/16 10:46 PM
inhl.boards.net

I got your back.

# 18 TML99 @ 01/05/16 02:09 PM
Try the SHL if your into hockey simulators its a unique spin on fantasy hockey and so much fun!

# 19 brentdog @ 05/25/16 08:13 PM
The iNHL is looking for GMs to join us in the first full 30 team online FHM2 league.

We are a very active group so would ideally like any potential GM's to be so as well. Many of our members write articles to create en enhanced level of immersion and blockbuster trade talks are always ongoing. Among our other features are live streams of games, an iNHL twitter feed and a Skype group for ease of communication, all of which have fostered a great 'community spirit' as a result.

Our second season is just drawing to a close with the entry draft around the corner, so it's an exciting time to be joining the league!

Currently the Columbus Blue Jackets are available and they will be allocated on a "first come, first serve” basis, so if you are at all interested please send me a PM or check out our twitter feed @iNHL_info

Whilst participation in the iNHL is 100% free, please note that you must own a purchased copy of Franchise Hockey Manager 2 in order to play.

# 20 Mike Lowe @ 05/25/16 08:25 PM
SSG Hockey is finishing up the Stanley Cup finals between the Caps and Blues. We have openings as well! We're a much slower pace than most leagues, but we have leagues in all sports to fill in the gaps. www.simsportsglobal.com

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.