Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Madden NFL 16 title update #2 is available now for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. It includes improvements and fixes to gameplay, Connected Franchise, Madden Ultimate Team, and more. Check out the details below.

GAMEPLAY
  • Addressed issue where if a team called a time out on the safety punt, they would then be able to kick a regular kickoff
  • Addressed issue where sometimes a defender would have a poor pursuit angle toward the ball carrier if the ball carrier was breaking a tackle during a catch
  • Addressed issue where sometimes defensive linemen would freeze for the remainder of the play after being knocked to the ground
  • Addressed issue where the defense would not adjust alignment if the CPU controlled offensive team enacted a concept audible
  • Updated Individual Coverage adjustments to not only affect the pre-snap shading but also the post play leverage technique
  • Addressed issue where adjusting the ZONE shading would have an effect on the defenders drop location instead of just the leverage technique
  • Addressed issue where cancelling a PA Fake would allow for a 1-step drop on certain plays
  • Addressed issue where the game clock would be restarted of a declined penalty after an incomplete pass
  • Addressed issue where safeties in Cover 4 Deep assignments were reacting to run too quickly
CONNECTED FRANCHISE
  • Addressed issue where defensive holding slider would reset when exiting the screen
  • Addressed issue where accelerated clock would not work in H2H CFM games
  • Addressed issue where visual feedback settings were pulling from the user’s profile instead of league settings
  • Addressed issue where some settings would carry back to the FE after playing a CFM game
  • Addressed issue where the CPU would retain an empty roster spot when simming to the regular season when there is a player on Injured Reserve (note: changes aren’t reflected until after your current season is finished)
  • Addressed issue where the user could not sort player while in the Fantasy draft board
  • Removed Kick Return as a scoutable trait (note: changes won’t be reflected until after your current season is finished)
  • CFM Trade tuning
  • Addressed issue in CFM H2H where uniforms would change back to default home/away even after changing them in the team select screen
  • Addressed a rare issue that caused some Franchise files to be corrupted, preventing players from accessing their CFM (note: this won’t repair already corrupted files, and only prevents future occurrences)
MADDEN ULTIMATE TEAM
  • MUT Play a Friend quarter length boosted to four minutes from two minutes
  • In MUT H2H Seasons and Draft Champions H2H Draft, terminating the game during the load screen will give the quitter a loss and the opponent a win. In MUT, Contracts will still be removed.
OTHER
  • Play Now games were using regular season overtime rules rather than playoff overtime rules (removed possibility for ties)
  • Addressed issue in online games where the defensive timer would run out during a pause causing the game to auto pick the defensive play
  • Addressed over 100 general bug and stability issues
Source - EA Sports

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 jdenyer @ 09/30/15 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
Interesting, that would suggest better AWR prog/regression with QB's on CPU controlled teams. Were the results generally the same with other QB's in the league? This could be good news.

Also not to be a bother... but could you post the top 10 or so LT's in the league and how many sacks they gave up? I ask that because high sack counts were what was causing LT's to have severe regression, and perhaps they fixed the big sack totals allowed by LT's. Which would mean they essentially would fix the LT regression too. (Before this patch, league sack leaders would have 35-40 sacks, so hopefully your sim will now show lower totals, and therefore more realistic sack totals for LT's)

If both are true it would suggest they gave some attention to both QB issues with AWR, and LT issues with regression.

Lastly, THANK YOU Iampalafox11, for taking the time to run those simulations in offline mode, I know they take longer than on-line simulations. Much appreciated.
Thanks mate. I second this - what do the LT sack numbers look like?

# 142 ggsimmonds @ 09/30/15 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets1026
After the update WR shading isn't working for me any more. Is that normal?

For example before on defence I used to come out in a zone play and shade a CB either in or out and it used to work.
Now when I try to shade the WR, The CB stays in a zone. The only way Im able to shade is to manually switch to the CB that is covering the WR and shade in or out.

Am I the only one having this issue???

any help is appreciated
To make sure I understand this correctly, you use to come out in zone and shade a WR left/right and this changed the corner back to a man assignment.
Now after the patch he no longer switches to man coverage?

Well this sucks for me, I frequently do this type of change. More work for my thumbs I guess.

# 143 Iampalafox11 @ 09/30/15 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
Interesting, that would suggest better AWR prog/regression with QB's on CPU controlled teams. Were the results generally the same with other QB's in the league? This could be good news.

Also not to be a bother... but could you post the top 10 or so LT's in the league and how many sacks they gave up? I ask that because high sack counts were what was causing LT's to have severe regression, and perhaps they fixed the big sack totals allowed by LT's. Which would mean they essentially would fix the LT regression too. (Before this patch, league sack leaders would have 35-40 sacks, so hopefully your sim will now show lower totals, and therefore more realistic sack totals for LT's)

If both are true it would suggest they gave some attention to both QB issues with AWR, and LT issues with regression.

Lastly, THANK YOU Iampalafox11, for taking the time to run those simulations in offline mode, I know they take longer than on-line simulations. Much appreciated.
Yes the results seem to be about the same for all QBs even the back ups.

Tyron Smith: 2015: 8 Sacks, 2016: 5 Sacks, 2017: 1 Sack
Joe Thomas: 2015: 15 Sacks, 2016: 15 Sacks, 2017: 3 Sacks
Jared Veldheer: 2015: 6, 2016: 9, 2017: 8
Greg Robinson: 2015: 23, 2016: 23, 2017: 3
Jake Matthews: 2015: 8, 2016: 10, 2017: 11
Joe Stayley: 2015: 14, 2016: 14, 2017:13
Nate Solder: 2015: 5, 2016: 16, 2017: 13
Taylor Lewan: 2015: 21, 2016: 18, 2017: 15

# 144 Mike Lowe @ 09/30/15 05:21 PM
I don't understand what the issue is with drive goals if you can just turn them off so easily using Booker21's workaround?

# 145 canes21 @ 09/30/15 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
I don't understand what the issue is with drive goals if you can just turn them off so easily using Booker21's workaround?
You can't turn them off in an online CFM which is the main reason many folks bought the game.

# 146 James0 @ 09/30/15 05:29 PM
You probably won't get this much, but thanks for the patch EA! At least this isn't like NBA live 15!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 147 jdenyer @ 09/30/15 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iampalafox11

I can absolutely live with these numbers! Great news!
Can you confirm this is for Offline CFM with no other workarounds in play or setting changes?

# 148 Jets1026 @ 09/30/15 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
To make sure I understand this correctly, you use to come out in zone and shade a WR left/right and this changed the corner back to a man assignment.
Now after the patch he no longer switches to man coverage?

Well this sucks for me, I frequently do this type of change. More work for my thumbs I guess.
Yes correct. After installing the update it stopped working. Only way it still works is if u select cb, then select man assignment then select the WR icon. Takes alot of time. Before it used to be easier/faster

# 149 asandique @ 09/30/15 05:40 PM
Quote:

So the sack totals are improved then? If that's the case, I aint sleeping tonight lol

# 150 jdenyer @ 09/30/15 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asandique
So the sack totals are improved then? If that's the case, I aint sleeping tonight lol
Ditto! As long as it's 100% correct then im staying up all night tonight lol

# 151 Iampalafox11 @ 09/30/15 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenyer
Can you confirm this is for Offline CFM with no other workarounds in play or setting changes?
yes offline no workarounds just started it up and jumped into a NEW CFM. That is the only thing is it is NEW it didn't work for my CFM that I already started. All-pro settings and no slider moves.

# 152 D81SKINS @ 09/30/15 05:47 PM
If your playing the cpu in an online CFM and you can't don't something, but you can do it offline, why not?
What's funny is we are still finding fixes that weren't listed, can anyone give indisputable evidence that the confidence/drive goals issue isn't fixed?
I mean, what if it is fixed and you all are just wasting time clamoring about it.
Like Millennium said, let's play the game and judge for ourselves. Wow the "microwave generation" is in full effect lol.
Over 100 issues were not even listed guys. I'm sure those fixes will start be listed as we play.

On a side note, this may or may not be relevant to confidence boost/drive goals.
I'm playing with my offline cfm 32 team control and I notice the confidence boost going away after changing certain priority positions/coaching schemes(ie. LE, Cameron Wake from Speed rusher to balanced 4-3 and he is one example, I've seen more) certain players will lose or gain those confidence boost back just by how the priority I. Coaching schemes are set.
I try to match them to what they show on the player's upgrade screen, so far I've had a better challenge from the cpu when doing this but it could all be "placebo".

# 153 Iampalafox11 @ 09/30/15 05:51 PM
Quote:
Ditto! As long as it's 100% correct then im staying up all night tonight lol
I hope so also i just spent some time with this sim! lol I dont understand, if we were mad about this stuff why didn't they put it in the notes.

# 154 jdenyer @ 09/30/15 05:57 PM
Quote:
I hope so also i just spent some time with this sim! lol I dont understand, if we were mad about this stuff why didn't they put it in the notes.
Thats EA for ya! Same problem with Fifa - its broke at the moment and they wont acknowledge certain things and wont provide patch ETA.

# 155 DeuceDouglas @ 09/30/15 05:58 PM
Quote:
It's still hit and miss and the numbers are still really high for way too many guys.

# 156 bcruise @ 09/30/15 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
If your playing the cpu in an online CFM and you can't don't something, but you can do it offline, why not?
What's funny is we are still finding fixes that weren't listed, can anyone give indisputable evidence that the confidence/drive goals issue isn't fixed?
I mean, what if it is fixed and you all are just wasting time clamoring about it.
Like Millennium said, let's play the game and judge for ourselves. Wow the "microwave generation" is in full effect lol.
Over 100 issues were not even listed guys. I'm sure those fixes will start be listed as we play.

On a side note, this may or may not be relevant to confidence boost/drive goals.
I'm playing with my offline cfm 32 team control and I notice the confidence boost going away after changing certain priority positions/coaching schemes(ie. LE, Cameron Wake from Speed rusher to balanced 4-3 and he is one example, I've seen more) certain players will lose or gain those confidence boost back just by how the priority I. Coaching schemes are set.
I try to match them to what they show on the player's upgrade screen, so far I've had a better challenge from the cpu when doing this but it could all be "placebo".
Look...even if drive goals somehow give out less confidence than they did previously it's still an advantage that the CPU teams we play against are not getting. That's at the heart of why we feel that the drive goal rewards unbalance CFM in the user's favor. It's not just the confidence....it's the XP rewards too. This isn't a bug...it's a feature. And one that many of us feel was not implemented properly.

Weekly, season, and milestone goals are different - the CPU controlled teams still gain XP off of those and it helps them maintain and progress their players.

# 157 Iampalafox11 @ 09/30/15 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
It's still hit and miss and the numbers are still really high for way too many guys.

are you sure you got the patch? I'm on the PS4. My numbers don't look anything like that.

# 158 BadAssHskr @ 09/30/15 06:02 PM
So perhaps a restart is in order.

Im getting the feeling that "Addressed over 100 general bug and stability issues" may cover a broad specrum of whatever they just didnt want to out right admit they fixed.

Ah, who knows, im terrible at speculation.

# 159 Iampalafox11 @ 09/30/15 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
So perhaps a restart is in order.

Im getting the feeling that "Addressed over 100 general bug and stability issues" may cover a broad specrum of whatever they just didnt want to out right admit they fixed.

Ah, who knows, im terrible at speculation.
Yeah you have to restart. I still got the crazy Sacks and drop in LT OVR and QB AWR drops if i just sim my CFM i already had. When i start over i get the numbers that i posted.

# 160 jdenyer @ 09/30/15 06:09 PM
Quote:
Yeah you have to restart. I still got the crazy Sacks and drop in LT OVR and QB AWR drops if i just sim my CFM i already had. When i start over i get the numbers that i posted.
Can you post some screenshots as well champ??

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.