Home
FIFA 16 News Post

FIFA 16 patch #2 is available now for PC users. A similar update for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 users is scheduled to arrive later, but no specific date has been announced.

UPDATE: (10-5) FIFA 16 patch #2 is available now for PlayStation 4 users.

The update includes general stability improvements and addresses the following items:
  • Optimized goalkeeper rushing, AI, and positioning.
  • Improved player wage accuracy in Career Mode.
  • Addressed referee/kit clashes.
  • Addressed an exploit in Virtual Pro leaderboards.
  • Addressed a shot missing the top corner and still being called a goal.
  • FIFA Trainer button tuning.
  • Player clipping during intro sequence in certain stadiums.
The update also addresses the following FUT items:
  • EA SPORTS Football Club shared squads not showing players in FIFA menus.
  • Relisting Transfer List items not retaining previous price settings.
  • Error message when attempting to apply a contract consumable.
  • Away crowd wearing incorrect kit.
  • Some returning users experiencing an issue when naming their club.
  • Controller disconnecting in FUT modes.
Source - EA

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Matt10 @ 10/02/15 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTonka
just watching a twitch stream of post patch, offline CM play.

and it is playing magically. just perfect, and that's on all default. you can tell the good dribblers. playing with a good team you feel notice the good team.

i can't wait for the console patch ... we're in sim heaven!
This is spot on. I'm streaming right now, and absolutely loving it. All default on WC with some very minor changes.

http://www.twitch.tv/matt10l

# 22 MDgolf @ 10/02/15 11:48 PM
You play on PC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 23 fearwhatnow @ 10/03/15 05:16 AM
Update: I played some Play now matches and the pace was not altered. As long as I load my pre-patch MM the game speed is lightning fast. So I guess the new update is not compatible with a previous MM save?
Again it's not placebo effect because I'm not an idiot and I can understand when something is changed.
I'll try later a brand new MM.

Edit: The cpu is definitely extremely direct in their passing. This alone results to a "faster" game. Direct passing does not mean the game is more realistic. Have you seen Sunderland in real life cruising the pitch with direct passes? IMO the slow build up passes are more realistic because Sunderland was slower pre-patch. It's just me though, I'm in UK and I have a different approach to the whole sport. Still I don't understand why some of you guys prefer the cpu to be more decisive and responsive with their build up approach. Anyway.
The positives are many also:
+ Teammates have better positioning and they don't need too much babysitting.
+ CPU D is rock solid.
+ More direct passing led to more bad passes by the cpu.
+ More fouls.

# 24 MDgolf @ 10/03/15 07:14 AM
Still not out for ps4?

# 25 poster @ 10/03/15 08:08 AM
Haven't had a chance to play yet since the patch (have PC version), but I find it interesting to hear that they fixed teammate response.

Happy to hear, but surprised as teammate response has been an issue for years in the series and it was never fixed or improved in a patch during previous editions of the game. Positive sign though and hope they keep this aspect of how the game plays in mind moving forward.

# 26 Joonlarjj @ 10/03/15 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
The update includes general stability improvements and addresses the following items:

- FIFA Trainer button tuning.
Anyone know what this means, specifically?

Have they added more customisation choice with the Trainer?

# 27 MDgolf @ 10/03/15 08:10 AM
When is it supposed to drop?

# 28 BL8001 @ 10/03/15 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joonlarjj
Anyone know what this means, specifically?

Have they added more customisation choice with the Trainer?
My guess is the trainer now won't tell you to slide tackle for most of the half even though you did a slide tackle when it first appeared.

I ran a match with it on to see what it was about and while some instructions progressed many did not.

Another example it wanted me to do an RB+X pass for most of the 2nd half even after I had done it.

It's supposed to advance once you "clear" a command.

# 29 fearwhatnow @ 10/03/15 10:05 AM
Some more observations: Shooting is easier and shots have more power, players feel lighter and through balls are easier to perform.
Idk if I like this update. I think I prefer the vanilla game. Players have less weight definitely.
The whole "listening to the community" statement is unacceptable. We bought the game based on the demo gameplay. Who is the community? Am I part of this community? I haven't seen anyone from EA here and I didn't want any drastic change in gameplay. I'm really angry with this company.

# 30 Joonlarjj @ 10/03/15 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
My guess is the trainer now won't tell you to slide tackle for most of the half even though you did a slide tackle when it first appeared.

I ran a match with it on to see what it was about and while some instructions progressed many did not.

Another example it wanted me to do an RB+X pass for most of the 2nd half even after I had done it.

It's supposed to advance once you "clear" a command.
You can manually advance up the commands by choosing the 6 different levels, if you didn't know already.

I'm really hoping they added an option to disable the buttons prompts so that just the white directional guide is present.

# 31 seriousHam @ 10/03/15 10:26 AM
So uh can anyone of you PC guys confirm if the patch applies to already ongoing CMs as well? I'd be really
upset if i had to dump my progress in favour for improved gameplay.

# 32 PPerfect_CJ @ 10/03/15 10:34 AM
No kit fixes? I think we're all kind of sick of seeing United in pink shirts. Also, Everton needs their blue shorts.

# 33 SpritePuck @ 10/03/15 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Some more observations: Shooting is easier and shots have more power, players feel lighter and through balls are easier to perform.
Idk if I like this update. I think I prefer the vanilla game. Players have less weight definitely.
The whole "listening to the community" statement is unacceptable. We bought the game based on the demo gameplay. Who is the community? Am I part of this community? I haven't seen anyone from EA here and I didn't want any drastic change in gameplay. I'm really angry with this company.
I completely agree with you. Some of us sim offline players are not heard.

I will say they probably get most their feedback from their forums. I love OS but the EA bashing on this forum is kinda out of hand and if I was involved with EA, I would not bother looking for feedback here.

I also use the EA forums as you do not get hate for liking one of their games and they have reps that interact with you there. I gave them as much feedback as possible to not change gameplay. The fact is there is more FUT gamers than sim gamers and so even though they probs got tired of hearing me say please leave gameplay alone for the most part.... They had more saying make it arcade!

Not literally saying arcade but that sums up what they wanted.

# 34 SpritePuck @ 10/03/15 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
No kit fixes? I think we're all kind of sick of seeing United in pink shirts.
I literally can not understand why this was even released this way. It is not the wrong shade of red... but literally not red. It is mind blowing since other teams have red.. Usually when a video game gets red wrong it is across the board. But I will say there is some major issue in gaming with the colour as 2K had it off on certain teams for years, The Show also and FIFA, used to be Liverpool in pink now it is United's turn I guess.

# 35 Matt10 @ 10/03/15 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpritePuck
I completely agree with you. Some of us sim offline players are not heard.

I will say they probably get most their feedback from their forums. I love OS but the EA bashing on this forum is kinda out of hand and if I was involved with EA, I would not bother looking for feedback here.

I also use the EA forums as you do not get hate for liking one of their games and they have reps that interact with you there. I gave them as much feedback as possible to not change gameplay. The fact is there is more FUT gamers than sim gamers and so even though they probs got tired of hearing me say please leave gameplay alone for the most part.... They had more saying make it arcade!

Not literally saying arcade but that sums up what they wanted.
I'm confident they are reading a thread that has 160,000+ views (OS Slider thread). It may be a pain to sift through because of its daily progression, but it's highly coincidental that this update has fixed a lot of the issues we had with the previous update. With the right slider tweaks, this game is playing absolutely incredible.

# 36 mfp @ 10/03/15 11:34 AM
Some people are saying the patch makes the gameplay faster and players feel lighter. Others say the patch is amazing and that players feel heavier.

I know what I want to believe but with people's interpretations so different, just gotta wait and see...

# 37 mfp @ 10/03/15 11:42 AM
Quote:
Update: I played some Play now matches and the pace was not altered. As long as I load my pre-patch MM the game speed is lightning fast. So I guess the new update is not compatible with a previous MM save?
Again it's not placebo effect because I'm not an idiot and I can understand when something is changed.
I'll try later a brand new MM.

Edit: The cpu is definitely extremely direct in their passing. This alone results to a "faster" game. Direct passing does not mean the game is more realistic. Have you seen Sunderland in real life cruising the pitch with direct passes? IMO the slow build up passes are more realistic because Sunderland was slower pre-patch. It's just me though, I'm in UK and I have a different approach to the whole sport. Still I don't understand why some of you guys prefer the cpu to be more decisive and responsive with their build up approach. Anyway.
The positives are many also:
+ Teammates have better positioning and they don't need too much babysitting.
+ CPU D is rock solid.
+ More direct passing led to more bad passes by the cpu.
+ More fouls.
I get where you're coming from, but I don't think the issue is that people wish for the CPU to play more direct necessarily, as much as the way the game is balanced now, you can't really force poor teams to play direct through applying pressure like you should be able to.

You might see Sunderland play a slower buildup against an evenly matched team, and that might be their preferred playstyle, however when they come up against a superior side, they usually don't get to dictate the pace of play, at least not for long stretches of the match. This however is completely opposite to how FIfA 16, pre patch at least, plays out, and it's not so much a problem with the CPU AI as much that we just can't apply pressure properly.

I personally love some of the changes they made to the way the CPU builds up play this year, but it's extremely frustrating from a defensive perspective because at times the only way to play is exceedingly cautious and force (i.e. pray) for a CPU mistake. That is fine if we're talking about replicating what it'd feel like playing against a much superior side, but it shouldn't be like this for pretty much all match-ups, and yet it is (at least on the higher difficulties).

# 38 Resurrection403 @ 10/03/15 11:57 AM
they better address cpu team mates watching loose balls around them

im in a relegation game where if i lose im out of serie A, and, my best rated 77 CB watched a soft pass go by his heel. didnt touch it. right into the box for an easy goal. pathetic.

# 39 rckabillyRaider @ 10/03/15 12:41 PM
I didn't notice any pace change. Tried some kick off games and it felt good, maybe even a little heavier.

One thing to note, if you're playing career mode, there is actual gameplay code in the game that alters the gameplay and varies throughout your career. It does not play the same as kick off games. You can be in great form in your league, scoring many goals per game and your players even feel faster and more agile. Then you play a cup game and you struggle and your team feels slow and sluggish.

So it's good to test patches on kick off games.

# 40 BL8001 @ 10/03/15 12:59 PM
Quote:

In the patch notes ea state the community as facebook, twitter and official ea forums.

Facebook - meh

Twitter - where are my coins/player, fut is broken, gameplay won't pass, how come my header is opposite? Why 15 not like 16? Why disconnect on my console?

EA forum - game is broken, why am I banned? How much is aguerro worth?

I have never seen a game more shallowly discussed.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.