Home
FIFA 16 News Post

FIFA 16 patch #2, which was available for PC users last week, has arrived for PlayStation 4 users. The Xbox One patch is scheduled to release at a later date.

UPDATE (10-8): The update is available now for Xbox One users.

The update includes general stability improvements and addresses the following items:
  • Optimized goalkeeper rushing, AI, and positioning.
  • Improved player wage accuracy in Career Mode.
  • Addressed referee/kit clashes.
  • Addressed an exploit in Virtual Pro leaderboards.
  • Addressed a shot missing the top corner and still being called a goal.
  • FIFA Trainer button tuning.
  • Player clipping during intro sequence in certain stadiums.
The update also addresses the following FUT items:
  • EA SPORTS Football Club shared squads not showing players in FIFA menus.
  • Relisting Transfer List items not retaining previous price settings.
  • Error message when attempting to apply a contract consumable.
  • Away crowd wearing incorrect kit.
  • Some returning users experiencing an issue when naming their club.
  • Controller disconnecting in FUT modes.
Source - EA

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 JHedges2 @ 10/06/15 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
Played a couple more matches last night in that new MM and I actually had to turn down the CPU marking and acceleration a hair. They were just destroying me defensively. I couldn't get a feel for the keeper, because I couldn't get anywhere NEAR him. Lol! Still holding off TOTAL judgement until I'm able to get 9 or 10 more matches in, but like I said earlier, it's encouraging.
What difficulty are you playing on, and have you adjusted any sliders?

I played a MM game last night (ARS v CP) and it was VERY enjoyable (default sliders, pro difficulty, slow, 10 min halves).

# 22 PPerfect_CJ @ 10/06/15 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
What difficulty are you playing on, and have you adjusted any sliders?

I played a MM game last night (ARS v CP) and it was VERY enjoyable (default sliders, pro difficulty, slow, 10 min halves).
I was playing on pro, default sliders, slow, and 6 minute halves. Found out real quick that I needed to bump the CPU marking and acceleration down to 48, tho. I just couldn't do anything against them until I made that adjustment. I may go up to 7 or 8 minute halves, myself. I'll say this, anytime I managed to make it into the box, their centre backs were ALL OVER ME. They block more shots than the keepers!

# 23 KG @ 10/06/15 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection403
the game feels a little faster, and, a little easier. im dismantling AC milans defence right now on legendary, up 1-0 in the 1st half but i think its just how far down i put the man marking for the cpu
Or the fact that your playing Milan, lol.

# 24 PPerfect_CJ @ 10/06/15 10:51 AM
"Addressed Player and team artwork and names"

Does anyone know what this was referring to?

# 25 Turbojugend @ 10/06/15 12:30 PM
Quote:

Not sure, but I'm hoping one of them is the Forest badge. This year it's gold (commemorating 150 years), but against FIFA's new gold background it basically disappears to nothing.

# 26 JHedges2 @ 10/06/15 12:41 PM
Quote:

Wish I did brother. I saw you mentioned that Martial and Depay still had poor faces.

Man United as you obviously saw was still 'pink' too.

# 27 Zac @ 10/06/15 12:53 PM
I'm pretty sure that stuff was to correct mistakes, not add new or updated ones. The patch wasn't big enough for that. I think it was for the ones that had wrong images, and miss spelled names, etc.

# 28 kaletore11 @ 10/06/15 02:04 PM
Played 5 games after the patch so far, haven't noticed any changes. Maybe it's just me, but the game seems completely identical to the pre patch version.

# 29 JHedges2 @ 10/06/15 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaletore11
Played 5 games after the patch so far, haven't noticed any changes. Maybe it's just me, but the game seems completely identical to the pre patch version.

I'm not sure I noticed any either.

I also am not nearly as in tune as most here with regard to noticing changes in actual gameplay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 30 mondeslicht @ 10/06/15 02:43 PM
I played a couple of games and I'm pretty shocked how it plays, I'm quite disappointed actually. I'm using the OS sliders on WC and the game isn't as good as it was pre-patch, at least for me. Now I get 20+ shots on my goal even from bad teams, defending became impossible for me. Before I got about 10-12 shots on goal, I have the feeling the AI always find a free man, it became quite frustrating again as it was FIFA15. If the game was so good, why again a patch that ruined all good efforts from EA? I just don't get it. Really disappointing. I play with pass error at 65 but their passing is so good not to talk about their tackles. Really sad.

# 31 PPerfect_CJ @ 10/06/15 03:06 PM
The feedback on this patch is just all over the map.
I'm really starting to think that it has a lot to do with what difficulty you play on. Also, could be what game mode you're testing it on. I realize those things SHOULDN'T make a difference, but we know what patches sometimes do to games. Things can get goofy.

# 32 yasendi @ 10/06/15 04:28 PM
OK so I played 3 season matches and my impression is:

- The game feel easier to play. Passes makes it more to their targets, First Touch has been certainly reduced
- The Drive pass has been more Over Powered. They always make it to the player and the receiving players will have no FT effect out of it.
- Crosses is very dangerous again. Over powered.
- Keepers are not supermen any more.

The game is not FIFA 15. Still much more fun but a bit less realistic than launch.

# 33 JayD @ 10/06/15 05:09 PM
So looks like the FUT players win again. Gee thanks EA!

# 34 aarontab @ 10/06/15 05:17 PM
Quote:
The feedback on this patch is just all over the map.
I'm really starting to think that it has a lot to do with what difficulty you play on. Also, could be what game mode you're testing it on. I realize those things SHOULDN'T make a difference, but we know what patches sometimes do to games. Things can get goofy.

The most logical and likely answer to what you're seeing is misattribution of normal variances in gameplay being attributed to the patch. It happens every time and it happens with sliders as well (which is the reason why I avoid them like the plague if at all possible). Call it confirmation bias, call it placebo effect, call it whatever...it's the ugly side of spending too much time analyzing a game on forums as you will get varying opinions that will start to influence others and eventually divide into "camps" and it becomes a debate and not anything even close to resembling science.

Apply Occam's razor and play the game you paid for. Introducing new conclusions/assumptions without numbers to back it up or anything is going to ruin this game for a person more than any patch ever could.

# 35 Barata @ 10/06/15 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasendi
OK so I played 3 season matches and my impression is:

- The game feel easier to play. Passes makes it more to their targets, First Touch has been certainly reduced
- The Drive pass has been more Over Powered. They always make it to the player and the receiving players will have no FT effect out of it.
- Crosses is very dangerous again. Over powered.
- Keepers are not supermen any more.

The game is not FIFA 15. Still much more fun but a bit less realistic than launch.
That's all I wanted to hear

# 36 jvalverde88 @ 10/06/15 05:22 PM
Quote:

I'm pretty sure that patch note is from the day one patch.

# 37 kaletore11 @ 10/06/15 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasendi
That's just a lie, plain and simple.

They don't have effect if you play on amateur, on world class and legendary your players most definitely struggle to control driven passes and hard passes in general. And the passes absolutely DON'T always make it to the receiver.

# 38 x_irish6 @ 10/06/15 06:10 PM
Hit the posts & crossbar half a dozen times in 2 games since patch.

Might just be unrelated, just noticed it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

# 39 Zac @ 10/06/15 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_irish6
Hit the posts & crossbar half a dozen times in 2 games since patch.

Might just be unrelated, just noticed it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I'm playing on full manual, but I also noticed this last night. I had the bars way more. I think I hit the bars 8-9 times in 4 games. Before that I would maybe do one a game.

# 40 UnderDogg003 @ 10/06/15 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
The most logical and likely answer to what you're seeing is misattribution of normal variances in gameplay being attributed to the patch. It happens every time and it happens with sliders as well (which is the reason why I avoid them like the plague if at all possible). Call it confirmation bias, call it placebo effect, call it whatever...it's the ugly side of spending too much time analyzing a game on forums as you will get varying opinions that will start to influence others and eventually divide into "camps" and it becomes a debate and not anything even close to resembling science.

Apply Occam's razor and play the game you paid for. Introducing new conclusions/assumptions without numbers to back it up or anything is going to ruin this game for a person more than any patch ever could.
I completely agree with this. Every game I've played in MM pre-patch, approx 30-40 games, has felt different depending on the opponent. I don't expect any changes going forward.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.