Home
FIFA 16 News Post

FIFA 16 patch #2, which was available for PC users last week, has arrived for PlayStation 4 users. The Xbox One patch is scheduled to release at a later date.

UPDATE (10-8): The update is available now for Xbox One users.

The update includes general stability improvements and addresses the following items:
  • Optimized goalkeeper rushing, AI, and positioning.
  • Improved player wage accuracy in Career Mode.
  • Addressed referee/kit clashes.
  • Addressed an exploit in Virtual Pro leaderboards.
  • Addressed a shot missing the top corner and still being called a goal.
  • FIFA Trainer button tuning.
  • Player clipping during intro sequence in certain stadiums.
The update also addresses the following FUT items:
  • EA SPORTS Football Club shared squads not showing players in FIFA menus.
  • Relisting Transfer List items not retaining previous price settings.
  • Error message when attempting to apply a contract consumable.
  • Away crowd wearing incorrect kit.
  • Some returning users experiencing an issue when naming their club.
  • Controller disconnecting in FUT modes.
Source - EA

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 PPerfect_CJ @ 10/06/15 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
I'm pretty sure that patch note is from the day one patch.
Dang. You're right, man. I was absolutely looking at the wrong one on my PS4. I apologize. Thanks! Well, hopefully, the next patch gives us some real faces and makes red shirts RED.

# 42 dcar87 @ 10/06/15 08:18 PM
Guys, if you're dissapointed with the new patch I have good news for you. I deleted the game, which I bought from psn store, and redownloaded it again and surprise...the first part of the download lets you play the game at the same SLOW speed of the demo and not at the frantic arcady pace of the latest patch. Inertia is back, the CPU doesn't make lightning passes anymore.

Default sliders were unplayable post-patch and now I even got the CPU accuracy under the 90's at default.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

# 43 Huntaar X2 @ 10/06/15 08:21 PM
I don't know what to believe anymore

I was about to give up on the game until I heard about the Patch. I was having major problems on Legendary just getting the ball back. There would be many times where I just COULD NOT get the ball off of them if my life depended on it.

After the patch it seems like my Teammates are a lot smarter. They have been intercepting a lot more passes than usual and playing defense doesn't seem like as much of a chore to me. It also seemed like the passing was tuned just a touch.

Honestly... I don't care what they changed. The game plays a lot better for me now. I know some think we are just seeing things but I was going to sell my copy and pick up the new Blood Bowl, now I am keeping it (but I am still buying Blood Bowl )

# 44 dubcity @ 10/06/15 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
The most logical and likely answer to what you're seeing is misattribution of normal variances in gameplay being attributed to the patch. It happens every time and it happens with sliders as well (which is the reason why I avoid them like the plague if at all possible). Call it confirmation bias, call it placebo effect, call it whatever...it's the ugly side of spending too much time analyzing a game on forums as you will get varying opinions that will start to influence others and eventually divide into "camps" and it becomes a debate and not anything even close to resembling science.

Apply Occam's razor and play the game you paid for. Introducing new conclusions/assumptions without numbers to back it up or anything is going to ruin this game for a person more than any patch ever could.

Confirmation bias is definitely the right term. Sliders bug me because people will play a few matches, adjust sliders, play a few matches, adjust sliders, and on and on. I know I spent pretty my entire time playing FIFA 13 caught in that, and I could never just leave it alone. And it's why the sliders thread usually ends up like 10 times as big as the impressions thread, lol.

# 45 yasendi @ 10/07/15 04:09 AM
Who else beside me think that tha patch made on line matches very pacy and not fun

# 46 dcar87 @ 10/07/15 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasendi
Who else beside me think that tha patch made on line matches very pacy and not fun

Is offline as pacy as online for you? I had to download my game again because the patch made weird things to it.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

# 47 timmuh1515 @ 10/07/15 08:03 AM
I've only had a chance to play one game since the patch (stupid work) but the game definitely felt better to me. Passing was harder for both me and the CPU it seemed and the CPU took more chances causing more errors. I didn't notice a pace increase or any dramatic shift in how the CPU attacks outside of a few longer pass chances then I remembered before.

I only play offline career and did not reset my career. If the game continues to play similar I will be very happy.

# 48 fearwhatnow @ 10/07/15 08:33 AM
Let me list again the differences which are not placebo effect so it will be easier for everyone to focus on the game:
1. CPU attempts more risky passes in the attacking area. This leads to more errors.
2. CPU crossing is more dangerous.
3. CPU headers inside the box are improved. This means you have to defend better the tall guys in set pieces like corners.
4. CPU tackling is more precise especially in the wings where they block now your path when you attempt to sprint. Pre-patch you could reach the edge of the box without much cpu pressure.
5. HUM headers are nerfed, especially in corners.
6. Foul kicks outside the area are nerfed.
7. HUM shooting is easier and the possibilities to score from long range are increased.
8. Physical play is more intense. Leads to more fouls.
9. CPU is more direct in passing. I have seen a lower number of long passes but this is connected to team tactics so it isn't a 100% post patch observation.
10. GK positioning and rushing is improved. Especially rushing is 100% improved.
11. GK ability to stop long range shots is reduced.
12. HUM team cpu teammates are more aware of the ball around them. They'll come more often first to the ball especially if they have the "Aggressive Interceptions" instruction.
13. Hum team cpu attacking teammates make more moves to the open space. This results also to more chances for rebounds after shots when cpu GK is parrying.
14. CPU GK fast punt to midfield (to nowhere is the best term...) is improved. Still room for totally fixing the issue on a new update.
15. CPU AI is more passive in defense and does not pressure so much. I was up 1-0 against Sunderland and they couldn't take the ball from me for around 4 minutes real life time. It's not so unrealistic but this means that you have to play 15 min halves.
16. CPU AI is more passive (see above) in defense. This leads to more balanced possession stats.
17. CPU tends to leave more space in the wings especially after some good passing game by HUM. This is straight BPL type of game. In general this FIFA is a BPL 16 game. If someone doesn't like the English Premier League and the way matches are played he simply made a bad choice picking up the game. I will not be surprised if this game stays No1 in the UK Chart until next summer...

If EA claims there aren't AI changes in the update they're simply lying. Anyone can easily spot all the above differences.
If any of you have some different observations you're welcome to discuss them.

# 49 PhiPsi1 @ 10/07/15 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Let me list again the differences which are not placebo effect so it will be easier for everyone to focus on the game:
1. CPU attempts more risky passes in the attacking area. This leads to more errors.
3. CPU headers inside the box are improved. This means you have to defend better the tall guys in set pieces like corners.
4. CPU tackling is more precise especially in the wings where they block now your path when you attempt to sprint. Pre-patch you could reach the edge of the box without much cpu pressure.
7. HUM shooting is easier and the possibilities to score from long range are increased.
9. CPU is more direct in passing. I have seen a lower number of long passes but this is connected to team tactics so it isn't a 100% post patch observation.
10. GK positioning and rushing is improved. Especially rushing is 100% improved.
12. HUM team cpu teammates are more aware of the ball around them. They'll come more often first to the ball especially if they have the "Aggressive Interceptions" instruction.
13. Hum team cpu attacking teammates make more moves to the open space. This results also to more chances for rebounds after shots when cpu GK is parrying.
14. CPU GK fast punt to midfield (to nowhere is the best term...) is improved. Still room for totally fixing the issue on a new update.
15. CPU AI is more passive in defense and does not pressure so much. I was up 1-0 against Sunderland and they couldn't take the ball from me for around 4 minutes real life time. It's not so unrealistic but this means that you have to play 15 min halves.
16. CPU AI is more passive (see above) in defense. This leads to more balanced possession stats.
17. CPU tends to leave more space in the wings especially after some good passing game by HUM. This is straight BPL type of game. In general this FIFA is a BPL 16 game. If someone doesn't like the English Premier League and the way matches are played he simply made a bad choice picking up the game. I will not be surprised if this game stays No1 in the UK Chart until next summer...

If EA claims there aren't AI changes in the update they're simply lying. Anyone can easily spot all the above differences.

Good stuff man...Thanks for listing this out...And based on this list, I'm inching closer to actually taking a leap of faith w/ FIFA rather than PES this year!

Its very interesting though to see the myriad of differing feedback although not surprising considering EA has a tendency to not make gameplay similar across modes b/c of particular aspects w/ ratings boost (or decreases) in MM versus Play Now, personal sliders people use, or even needing to restart MM to have the patch 'kick in' so to speak, etc...

# 50 JayD @ 10/07/15 09:12 AM
The game definitely feels easier post patch. I was having a hell of a time getting into the box before the patch and had very few shoots on goal. My first game after the patch I scored 3 goals and had 14 shoots on goal. I do like the increase in fouls though.

# 51 aarontab @ 10/07/15 09:43 AM
Quote:

While I respect your observations and am not saying whether you are correct or incorrect - there is absolutely nothing scientific about your claims. Observing those things is fine but to list them and somehow claim they are indisputable fact is 100% the opposite of scientific and therefore entirely your opinion. Again, not saying you're wrong I'm just pointing out the flaw in your logic.

I've observed quite a few of those aspects you've pointed out fluctuating on a match to match basis for at least 5 years worth of FIFA games regardless of whatever patch was being rolled out. People aren't observing different things - they are misattributing the things they see constantly because they aren't willing to take their own biases into consideration.

Anybody making a decision or making bold claims about the game based on the observations of others on a forum where there has been nothing backing up what's been claimed needs to just try it out for themselves and decide. If a company says they only changed certain aspects, what's MORE likely - that they've hidden a myriad of changes to gameplay elements to strategically cause a game that has sold 80% of the copies it will ever sell already or that they are simply telling the truth? It's not about what's possible, it's about the number of leaps of faith you have to take to come to each conclusion.

FWIW I think the game plays almost identically except the GKs don't rush out to clear balls out of the box as easily and it's harder to cut from the corner to the goal while attacking. Anything else is not different enough to measure and nobody has attempted to scientifically measure it anyways, it's just going off of "feeling". Feelings aren't facts, whether they are correct or incorrect.

# 52 BL8001 @ 10/07/15 09:53 AM
I can't wait to try this patch on xbox one.

I keep seeing EA bang the drum of ZERO GAMEPLAY CHANGES.

It's not a "If EA claims"

EA is straight up actively denying the patch does anything to game play.

# 53 fearwhatnow @ 10/07/15 09:54 AM
Quote:
While I respect your observations and am not saying whether you are correct or incorrect - there is absolutely nothing scientific about your claims. Observing those things is fine but to list them and somehow claim they are indisputable fact is 100% the opposite of scientific and therefore entirely your opinion. Again, not saying you're wrong I'm just pointing out the flaw in your logic.

I've observed quite a few of those aspects you've pointed out fluctuating on a match to match basis for at least 5 years worth of FIFA games regardless of whatever patch was being rolled out. People aren't observing different things - they are misattributing the things they see constantly because they aren't willing to take their own biases into consideration.

Anybody making a decision or making bold claims about the game based on the observations of others on a forum where there has been nothing backing up what's been claimed needs to just try it out for themselves and decide. If a company says they only changed certain aspects, what's MORE likely - that they've hidden a myriad of changes to gameplay elements to strategically cause a game that has sold 80% of the copies it will ever sell already or that they are simply telling the truth? It's not about what's possible, it's about the number of leaps of faith you have to take to come to each conclusion.

FWIW I think the game plays almost identically except the GKs don't rush out to clear balls out of the box as easily and it's harder to cut from the corner to the goal while attacking. Anything else is not different enough to measure and nobody has attempted to scientifically measure it anyways, it's just going off of "feeling". Feelings aren't facts, whether they are correct or incorrect.
The difference is that I can easily switch to vanilla and post patch game in 10 seconds. This means I have tested multiple times both states of the game. It's not "feeling". I have listed specific changes in AI after heavy testing.

# 54 aarontab @ 10/07/15 10:11 AM
Quote:
The difference is that I can easily switch to vanilla and post patch game in 10 seconds. This means I have tested multiple times both states of the game. It's not "feeling". I have listed specific changes in AI after heavy testing.

The type of testing you are doing is by its very nature a "feeling" and based upon observations in a very uncontrolled environment.

I see drastic fluctuations match to match, and somehow you want me to believe you're recreating situations accurately enough for me to respect what you're observing? You haven't eliminated a single variable, you provide no numbers, therefore you're relaying how the game "feels" and what your eyes have seen. No disrespect, but your entire method and logic are flawed on this subject. Why is it so important for people to convince other people things have changed? They either have or they haven't, and if somebody doesn't notice those changes, do they even matter? This always turns into more "politics" than science.

# 55 mfp @ 10/07/15 10:16 AM
There's certainly a good amount of people stating with certainty that the game plays different. Personally I haven't noticed much of a change post patch. I honestly don't know what to think - if gameplay has changed, maybe it's just too darn subtle for me to pick up; I dunno.

One thing that some people are saying is that they've noticed the difference only after deleting and then redownloading the digital version of the game. I haven't heard anyone with the hard copy say the same, but maybe there's something to this?

# 56 mfp @ 10/07/15 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasendi
I thought online matches were very pacey before the patch!

# 57 JHedges2 @ 10/07/15 10:19 AM
Quote:
Why is it so important for people to convince other people things have changed? They either have or they haven't, and if somebody doesn't notice those changes, do they even matter? This always turns into more "politics" than science.
This. Spot on. This site is so beneficial to gaming in so many ways, but I almost feel like the slider discussions ruin it.

Heck the community team was working on 15 sliders up until 16 release. I just don't see the point in that.

# 58 aarontab @ 10/07/15 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp
There's certainly a good amount of people stating with certainty that the game plays different. Personally I haven't noticed much of a change post patch. I honestly don't know what to think - if gameplay has changed, maybe it's just too darn subtle for me to pick up; I dunno.

One thing that some people are saying is that they've noticed the difference only after deleting and then redownloading the digital version of the game. I haven't heard anyone with the hard copy say the same, but maybe there's something to this?

People say a lot of things with certainty - numbers don't lie and we haven't seen any. We have to form our own opinions because there is ZERO science or real "experimentation" going on here.

# 59 fearwhatnow @ 10/07/15 10:20 AM
Quote:
The type of testing you are doing is by its very nature a "feeling" and based upon observations in a very uncontrolled environment.

I see drastic fluctuations match to match, and somehow you want me to believe you're recreating situations accurately enough for me to respect what you're observing? You haven't eliminated a single variable, you provide no numbers, therefore you're relaying how the game "feels" and what your eyes have seen. No disrespect, but your entire method and logic are flawed on this subject. Why is it so important for people to convince other people things have changed? They either have or they haven't, and if somebody doesn't notice those changes, do they even matter? This always turns into more "politics" than science.
You're taking it too far. I'm not trying to convince anyone.
So you're telling me that the cpu crossing and heading inside the box is the same?
Provide numbers for what? Haven't I posted that possession stats are more balanced now?
The stats are within my testing games. More goals for HUM from shooting. Less goals from headers. Go back to vanilla game and you'll see that it's way easier to score headers from corners.
For now you just criticize without even testing the 2 environments by yourself.

# 60 aarontab @ 10/07/15 10:24 AM
Quote:
You're taking it too far. I'm not trying to convince anyone.
So you're telling me that the cpu crossing and heading inside the box is the same?
Provide numbers for what? Haven't I posted that possession stats are more balanced now?
The stats are within my testing games. More goals for HUM from shooting. Less goals from headers. Go back to vanilla game and you'll see that it's way easier to score headers from corners.
For now you just criticize without even testing the 2 environments by yourself.

I'm not interested in testing, I honestly don't care if it's different or not. I played both and whatever changes they made are more subtle than the match-to-match variations that we all see. Look at the slider threads - everybody gets different results no matter what (like decreasing GK Ability but seeing higher save % from GKs) so this situation is no different.

I don't need to test nor to I want to. I'm observing the behavior on this forum and seeing that everybody is noticing the same variations I've always seen. So, on that alone, business as usual.

Edit: Also, I'm not staying there ISN'T changes either. I'm sure they changed SOMETHING, otherwise why make a patch. I think you'd do better to take the game as a finished product (i.e. write up a full impression of how the game played from September 2015-August 2016 and how much you enjoyed it overall) versus micro-impressions that exists in an environment that we can't control (i.e. "in-match"). I'm not dogging you, I'm just trying to let you know that your observations aren't worth any scientific weight and hoping maybe if I point that out some poor guy will just play the game instead of obsessing about the things others have seen.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.