Home
WWE 2K16 News Post

2K has just revealed details on the downloadable content offerings, Season Pass and Digital Deluxe Editions for WWE 2K16 on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3. Make sure to check out the trailer here.

The downloadable content offerings will include a story-driven 2K Showcase surrounding the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2015 inductees; access to new moves, unlockable content, player progression; and a wealth of playable WWE Legends and WWE and NXT® Superstars. The individual content packages will begin releasing in late 2015, with some packages releasing in early 2016.

Quote:
“WWE 2K16 will deliver a unique and extensive selection of downloadable content spanning WWE’s past and present, including the 2015 WWE Hall of Fame-inspired 2K Showcase, a solid offering of new in-game moves and a wide variety of playable WWE and NXT talent,” said Greg Thomas, President at Visual Concepts. “Complementing WWE 2K16’s largest roster in the series’ history, this year’s content offerings provide fans with an all-encompassing WWE experience at an excellent value.”

Accelerator
  • Players will gain instant access to all unlockable content available in the game (excluding downloadable content);
  • The Accelerator will be available for a suggested price of $1.99.
MyPlayer KickStart (PS4™ system and Xbox One Exclusive)
  • Players will gain instant access to boost created Superstar ratings and attributes in the game’s MyCareer mode;
  • MyPlayer KickStart will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
Legends Pack
  • Playable WWE Legends: Big Boss Man, Dusty Rhodes, Lita, Mr. Perfect, “Rowdy” Roddy Piper and Trish Stratus;
  • The Legends Pack will be available for a suggested price of $8.99.
2015 Hall of Fame Showcase
  • Playable matches include:
    • “Macho Man” Randy Savage vs. Jake “The Snake” Roberts;
    • Rikishi vs. The Rock;
    • Alundra Blayze vs. Paige;
    • Larry Zbyszko and Arn Anderson vs. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat and Dustin Rhodes
    • Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Ric Flair;
    • The Bushwhackers (Butch Miller and Luke Williams) vs. The Natural Disasters (Typhoon and Earthquake);
    • The Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) vs. Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray);
  • The 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
New Moves Pack
  • More than 30 new moves, including the Corner Enzuigiri (made popular by WWE Diva Nikki Bella), Avalanche Ram (made popular by WWE Diva Paige), Sidewinder Suplex (made popular by WWE and NXT Superstar Kevin Owens), Standing Crossface Chickenwing (made popular by WWE Superstar Stardust) and Dragon Sleeper (made popular by NXT Superstar Finn Bálor);
  • The New Moves Pack will be available for a suggested price of $3.99.
Future Stars Pack
  • Playable NXT Superstars: Samoa Joe, Diego, Fernando, Blake and Murphy;
  • The Future Stars Pack will be available for a suggested price of $7.99.
About the WWE 2K16 Season Pass

Players may purchase nearly all WWE 2K16 downloadable content at a reduced price point through the game’s Season Pass. For a suggested price of $24.99, a savings of more than 20 percent versus individual content purchases, players will receive the following items as they become available:
  • Accelerator (access to all unlockable content available in the game);
  • Legends Pack;
  • 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase;
  • New Moves Pack;
  • Future Stars Pack.
About the WWE 2K16 Digital Deluxe Editions

2K also announced Digital Deluxe Editions for WWE 2K16 are now available for pre-order via PlayStation™Network and Xbox Live as follows:

PS4™ system and Xbox One ($89.99):
  • Copy of WWE 2K16;
  • WWE 2K16 Season Pass;
  • MyPlayer KickStart;
  • Theme (PS4™ system only; available immediately with pre-order purchase);
PS3™ system ($79.99):
  • Copy of WWE 2K16;
  • WWE 2K16 Season Pass;
  • Theme (PS3™ system only, available immediately with pre-order purchase).
* PlayStation™Network or Xbox Live account and Internet connection required. Copy of WWE 2K16 required to play.

Game: WWE 2K16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
WWE 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 wiscowilz @ 10/09/15 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Also, they locked the roster and DLC this summer. While fighters like Charlotte and Sasha were popular with NXT fans mid summer, they were pretty much non-existent to most WWE fans. There is a large segment of the fanbase who doesnt watch NXT.

Instead of it being some conspiracy by the WWE to save divas for next year, its more likely that when 2k locked the roster, they did not think that NXT divas would be missed. They didnt know that WWE was going to call up 3 of them to the main roster. They didnt know that Sasha and Bayley would tear down the house at Summerslam.
The way you worded your argument holds not validity because they do have a decent sized NXT roster of people who haven't moved to the main brand. The 4HW were some of the most popular performers, and as, if not more popular than some of the male figures they put in.

Quote:
It takes time to create new fighters in this game. Not only their appearance but animating their move set. Take Sasha. I could be wrong but I dont believe they have her double knee on the turnbuckle animated as a move in the game. Same goes for the Bank Statement. Divas are the least used fighters in the game so its not surprising that 2k didnt think the 4H would be important. I think 2k never intended to add them to the game this year and got screwed over when WWE decided to take interest in the Divas.
They already scanned Sasha Banks.

But I do believe it has already been established that it was 2K's decision.

# 62 SmashMan @ 10/09/15 11:17 AM
Quote:
Also, they locked the roster and DLC this summer. While fighters like Charlotte and Sasha were popular with NXT fans mid summer, they were pretty much non-existent to most WWE fans. There is a large segment of the fanbase who doesnt watch NXT.
I mean, the DLC has Blake and Murphy. Those guys aren't even that popular with NXT fans.
As the women were in NXT at the time of roster lock, the only fair thing to do is compare their NXT prominence to others from NXT that made it in. I'd argue they've been more important in NXT than the Vaudevillains, Blake and Murphy, Baron Corbin, or even Hideo Itami. I'm glad to have those guys, but the women were more important than they were during development.

But it is what it is at this point. Hopefully as much of their stuff is available as options for creations to help make that easier.

# 63 wiscowilz @ 10/09/15 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I mean, the DLC has Blake and Murphy. Those guys aren't even that popular with NXT fans.
As the 4HW were in NXT at the time of roster lock, the only fair thing to do is compare their NXT prominence to others from NXT that made it in. I'd argue they've been more important in NXT than the Vaudevillains, Blake and Murphy, Baron Corbin, or even Hideo Itami. I'm glad to have those guys, but the women were more important than they were during development.

But it is what it is at this point. Hopefully as much of their stuff is available as options for creations to help make that easier.
Blake and Murphy were tag champs at the time of WM, I was personally surprised they weren't announced as being in game when it shipped.

But I agree that the 4HW are more important than a lot of the men. Itami maybe not but I agree with the others you listed.

# 64 King_B_Mack @ 10/09/15 11:42 AM
You guys keep talking about these other NXT people but fail to acknowledge the fact that they're guys. We hear fans of these games bitch about the women wrestlers taking up roster spots every year and I guarantee you 2K has the usage data to back up all the guys that brag about how they never use the divas in the game every year and that's even when we were getting Trish, Lita and AJ in game consistently and the three of them are on a whole other level of popularity than these 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 65 Mercury112491 @ 10/09/15 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
You guys keep talking about these other NXT people but fail to acknowledge the fact that they're guys. We hear fans of these games bitch about the women wrestlers taking up roster spots every year and I guarantee you 2K has the usage data to back up all the guys that brag about how they never use the divas in the game every year and that's even when we were getting Trish, Lita and AJ in game consistently and the three of them are on a whole other level of popularity than these 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. As horrible as it is to say. If you looked at usage data I'd wager less than 25% actually use the Divas.

# 66 aholbert32 @ 10/09/15 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz
The way you worded your argument holds not validity because they do have a decent sized NXT roster of people who haven't moved to the main brand. The 4HW were some of the most popular performers, and as, if not more popular than some of the male figures they put in.

They already scanned Sasha Banks.

But I do believe it has already been established that it was 2K's decision.

They are males. There isn't one NXT diva in the game. ****, I don't even think that there is one new current diva in the game. 2k wanted an NXT presence in the game but they focused on the males because most people play with the male wrestlers.

There is a big difference between Scanning and creating an entire character with an accurate moveset and entrance.

# 67 redsox4evur @ 10/09/15 12:46 PM
As aholebert said,it's takes awhile to create these wrestlers. I think I saw somewhere that it's like 2 months.

# 68 xandere313 @ 10/09/15 12:51 PM
Quote:
They are males. There isn't one NXT diva in the game. ****, I don't even think that there is one new current diva in the game. 2k wanted an NXT presence in the game but they focused on the males because most people play with the male wrestlers.

There is a big difference between Scanning and creating an entire character with an accurate moveset and entrance.
Eva Marie and Emma are still NXT divas

# 69 wiscowilz @ 10/09/15 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xandere313
Emma was on the main roster when it was finalized. I dont think she was sent back down until after WM.

As for Eva Marie, she wasn't even really wrestling when things were finailzed. Only reason she is in the game is because of Total Divas.

# 70 xandere313 @ 10/09/15 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz
Emma was on the main roster when it was finalized. I dont think she was sent back down until after WM.

As for Eva Marie, she wasn't even really wrestling when things were finailzed. Only reason she is in the game is because of Total Divas.
I had completely forgotten Emma's main roster run. As for the part about Total Divas, I really feel its such a shame of all WWE products it gets better viewership than NXT.

# 71 aholbert32 @ 10/09/15 01:06 PM
Quote:
LOL. They have both been called up to the main roster before and were created years ago.

# 72 wiscowilz @ 10/09/15 01:14 PM
Quote:
I had completely forgotten Emma's main roster run. As for the part about Total Divas, I really feel its such a shame of all WWE products it gets better viewership than NXT.
Well that's only because it's on regular TV and not just the network.

# 73 StevenSD @ 10/09/15 02:24 PM
To the point people are saying that many players don't play with the women, I'd like to say (and yes I know I'm only one person) but if there were women who were worth even playing, I'd be using them. The 4 Horsewomen, Paige, Natty, Emma, Lita and Trish would've been perfect for my universe. I'm not going to keep either Natty or Paige atop a womens division and have them feud for however long my universe goes, that is why I haven't used women much in the past.

# 74 CM Hooe @ 10/09/15 03:59 PM
Here's my thing:

Assuming 2K is being straightforward and honest with us and the assets for DLC characters do not exist at all before the game goes gold - i.e. the final in-game meshes / animations / other assets for characters who have never appeared in a WWE 2K game such as Diego, Fernando, Blake, and Murphy do not exist right now - I don't see any reason why 2K could not have changed their content pipeline priorities and replaced the NXT pack entirely with Sasha / Becky / Charlotte / Bailey. They would not be adding any new work, it's still eight man-months. We would be trading out the two tag teams for the four Divas, but that's a trade I'd happily make.

I don't understand why they couldn't just make a call to change course.

Anyway, it's water under the bridge now.

# 75 wiscowilz @ 10/10/15 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaispeed2012
it's because they were not approved by wwe. everything that goes into the game (even blood) goes through wwe approval. wwe simply did not want them in the game for whatever reason that was. WWE has been trying to get THQ/WWE To remove blood for years and this same thing happened in 2011 when jericho returned before the 2012 rumble they did not approve him to be in the game.
Now see this was everyone's assumption but I swear it was posted that it was in fact 2K's decision and NOT WWE's say as to whether they were in the game or not. I personally thought they should have been in it simply because they were the ones at the top of the Women's division in NXT and would like the top people in each division, especially the champ and former champ at the time at least (Banks and Charlotte)

# 76 jvalverde88 @ 10/10/15 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaispeed2012
it's because they were not approved by wwe. everything that goes into the game (even blood) goes through wwe approval. wwe simply did not want them in the game for whatever reason that was. WWE has been trying to get THQ/WWE To remove blood for years and this same thing happened in 2011 when jericho returned before the 2012 rumble they did not approve him to be in the game.
You do know that blood is still in the game and its off by default, right? And I'm curious as to where did you hear that WWE wants blood removed from the game.

Honestly after thinking it over the past few weeks I just think 2K put their priorities else where and underestimated the popularity of the 4HW amongst its audience. Honestly, in previous games did anyone play as the divas? I sure as hell didn't.

# 77 StevenSD @ 10/10/15 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
Honestly, in previous games did anyone play as the divas? I sure as hell didn't.
And this was the point I made earlier, no one really played them because they weren't worth playing. I'd say out of the past two games AJ Lee, Paige and Natty were the only ones I wanted to play but still didn't because lack of great women wrestlers.

# 78 redsox4evur @ 10/10/15 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
Honestly after thinking it over the past few weeks I just think 2K put their priorities elsewhere and underestimated the popularity of the 4HW amongst its audience. Honestly, in previous games did anyone play as the divas? I sure as hell didn't.
I am feeling the same way as you are. At first I figured it was WWE but that doesn't make sense anymore. I think they just didn't think about the popularity and now the backlash from fans. But I did use the divas in my universe on WWE SVR 11 every now and then.

# 79 bigdipper88 @ 10/10/15 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Here's my thing:

Assuming 2K is being straightforward and honest with us and the assets for DLC characters do not exist at all before the game goes gold - i.e. the final in-game meshes / animations / other assets for characters who have never appeared in a WWE 2K game such as Diego, Fernando, Blake, and Murphy do not exist right now - I don't see any reason why 2K could not have changed their content pipeline priorities and replaced the NXT pack entirely with Sasha / Becky / Charlotte / Bailey. They would not be adding any new work, it's still eight man-months. We would be trading out the two tag teams for the four Divas, but that's a trade I'd happily make.

I don't understand why they couldn't just make a call to change course.

Anyway, it's water under the bridge now.
Well, technically, Fernando and Diego have been in a wwe game as Epico and Primo

# 80 nate1986 @ 10/11/15 05:58 PM
If we look at the main roster after DLC its only missing Charlotte, Becky and Sasha which is not bad at all and i think its the most accurate in terms of the main roster that i can recall, now if we include relevant talent from NXT we are missing Carmella, Bliss, Dana, Asuka, Gable, Jordan, Dillinger, Bull, Rhyno, Crews and Crowe

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.