Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA 2K16 patch 1.02 is available now for PlayStation 4, weighing in at 2.2GB. Xbox One users will have to wait a little longer, but no estimated time or date has been given.

The patch should fix the Pro-Am connection issues, but no other details have been given.

Until we get patch notes, scheduled to be released soon, feel free to let us know what you are seeing.

LD2K mentions to say goodbye to DemiGods and hi to Pro-Am arenas.

UPDATE: Patch notes have arrived.

GENERAL
  • Resolved a rare case where the game would hang when entering/exiting the Tattoo editor when customizing the tattoos on your MyPLAYER.
  • Addressed an issue on the main menu where the title would freeze for a period of time before proceeding to the selected action (e.g. loading a MyCAREER save).
  • Tuned player sweat so that its effects are much more visible when playing longer quarter lengths.
  • Players will no longer slide/skate when pressing the block button during an inbound state. It was funny while it lasted.
  • Tuned crowd excitement and intensity on made buzzer beaters.
  • Resolved a case where certain players (e.g. Kristaps Porzingis) would have their hairstyle change slightly when zooming in the camera very close in replay.
MyPARK/2K PRO-AM
  • Pro-Am Team Play has been added to the game! You can now play as a full team in your custom-built arenas.
  • Addressed a number of matchmaking issues that inhibited users from playing in Pro-Am Walk-On games.
  • Fixed an issue where your player would sometimes appear with the incorrect height (if you had more than one MyCAREER save file) when entering MyPARK/Pro-Am from within MyCAREER.
  • Fixed a rare case where the ball would get stuck in the High Roller courts, thus preventing a game from concluding.
  • Improved voice chat support in both MyPARK and 2K Pro-Am.
  • Improved the animation of the skateboard in MyPARK. If you don’t have this, get it. You can move between courts faster than those that are on-foot!
  • 2K Beats will now continue to play after finishing a game in MyPARK.
MyCAREER/MyCOURT
  • Fixed an issue where some users were unable to join their friends’ MyCOURTs.
  • Fixed an issue where the host user was unable to send MyCOURT invites after leaving MyPARK/Pro-Am with a squad.
  • Addressed a number of issues with Accolades not unlocking at the appropriate time within MyCAREER.
  • Pressing the back button will no longer cause the game to hang from the MyCAREER NEXT menu after being eliminated from the playoffs.
MyGM/MyLEAGUE
  • Numerous tuning and code enhancements to improve simulated player stats.
  • Playoff games (within a series) can no longer be played out of order in MyLEAGUE Online.
  • Found and fixed a case where visiting certain submenus with no head coach would cause the game to hang.
  • Fans of relocated/rebranded teams will no longer hold up signs referencing the previous identity of the team.
  • Fixed a rare hang that could occur when the ticker referenced a previous game result where all of the players on the team have since been traded.
  • Selecting to load a custom draft class will no longer cause a game hang in the MyGM offseason if you had previously been fired during that same offseason.
NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 EarvGotti @ 10/13/15 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurupt_XxX
im a 99 overall in general. I got 100 upgrades unlocked and if i play with a team in pro am without the arenas, i stay a 99. But if we let it load up into arenas, i get lowered to a 92. The cpus are mid 70s as well which makes them OP. They make every open shot. I don't understand, if you want to lower me at least keep the cpu lowered. There's less cheese but still annoying
I would like to know the answer to this as well.

# 122 WhoG0nSt0pME @ 10/13/15 06:38 PM
Your overall goes down if your playing out of position in ProAm. My rating is 89 as a PG but 84 as a SG.

# 123 IrOnKoBe @ 10/13/15 06:51 PM
can we get rep in pro am games now ?

# 124 mlb08 @ 10/13/15 06:56 PM
"Tuned crowd excitement and intensity on made buzzer beaters"

Why not on defense when team score in bunches?
When crunch time comes?
When making big shots?
When making a huge block?
When crossing the defender?
When team is making a huge run?

Totally can tune these to make the game atmosphere more exciting..

# 125 Kurupt_XxX @ 10/13/15 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoG0nSt0pME
Your overall goes down if your playing out of position in ProAm. My rating is 89 as a PG but 84 as a SG.
im in my natural position at pg

# 126 ballin2k0 @ 10/13/15 06:59 PM
ever since i got nba 2k16 ps4 disc version,my nba 2k15 disc version will not launch the game it just freezes at the kevin durant laoding screen you have to hard reset the ps4 to even get the disc out.what is going on with this ?is it a known problem and when will i be able to play nba 2k15 again

# 127 kurt2134 @ 10/13/15 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc483
is anyone seeing the sweat improvements? I've tried 9 minute and 12 minute quarters and no difference. In 6 minute quarters you start to see sweat within the first couple of minutes

3rd quarter on 12 min quarters and no sweat. Still the same issue post patch.

# 128 jc483 @ 10/13/15 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2134
3rd quarter on 12 min quarters and no sweat. Still the same issue post patch.
Yep. Ive deleted the app and reinstalled and no change at all. Im not sure wth they actually "tuned"

# 129 jada855 @ 10/13/15 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
This is throughout the game? Or just buzzer beaters?
I feel it was throughout. Seemed a bit more involved during game play.

# 130 jada855 @ 10/13/15 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc483
is anyone seeing the sweat improvements? I've tried 9 minute and 12 minute quarters and no difference. In 6 minute quarters you start to see sweat within the first couple of minutes
I am not seeing any sweat improvements. I am playing My Career 12 minute quarters. I will try My League.

Edit: Just tested it out with My League no sweat until 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter. My settings below

Game Speed: 75
Quarter Minutes: 12

# 131 Dostoe @ 10/13/15 07:36 PM
I still cannot get past 7-8 people in matchmaking....

# 132 Kurupt_XxX @ 10/13/15 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k gamer all day
We need to be 5 players to start a pro am at our custom courts ?!

PLS NOOOOOOOO

Can somebody confirm that ?

nope. You don't All you have to do is load up 3 or more. And when it says hit triangle to join squad. Don't hit triangle. Let it load up all the way and you'll end up in arena. If you press triangle you'll end up in the jordan rec center arena thingy. Just let it load and you can play in arena

# 133 MontanaMan @ 10/13/15 07:43 PM
Quote:
nope. You don't All you have to do is load up 3 or more. And when it says hit triangle to join squad. Don't hit triangle. Let it load up all the way and you'll end up in arena. If you press triangle you'll end up in the jordan rec center arena thingy. Just let it load and you can play in arena
What about when you select "play as team" with people from your MyCourt?

# 134 hanzsomehanz @ 10/13/15 07:48 PM
Quote:
why our my players overall lowered when we play in an arena? Im 99 but two games in pro am arenas and im a 92. While cpus are overpowered now, making every open shot.
The Caps!

Go into Blacktop and view your MP'S Player Card - it will show his default OVR - - The MC overall is artificially inflated for cosmetics.

My 90 OVR SG Balanced is only an 81 in Blacktop.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

# 135 YoungOg1 @ 10/13/15 08:04 PM
Were the stance socks for MyCareer fixed for us to wear them during games as well with this patch? or not yet, but maybe in the next patch?

# 136 EarvGotti @ 10/13/15 08:21 PM
I'm trying to play as a Walk-On and its not working at all.

It's always stuck at 9 players and has us in the locker room for like 15 mins. I've backed out like 4 times and still the same thing.

What was fixed? lol

# 137 acles003 @ 10/13/15 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dostoe
I still cannot get past 7-8 people in matchmaking....
I had luck by going straight into Pro Am from the main menu as opposed to MyCareer and then Pro-Am. In that scenario, I would get stuck on 9 people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

# 138 Ray Vibes @ 10/13/15 08:31 PM
I remember us Xbox guys waiting to get patch 4 from last year after PlayStation announced it was already released for them. I really hope we don't have to wait as long as we did for that patch.

# 139 Kurupt_XxX @ 10/13/15 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
What about when you select "play as team" with people from your MyCourt?
that's what im sayin, u can only play in arena if u use your pro am team and go play as team, then let it load. don't press triangle when it prompts u to do so

# 140 lilgame06 @ 10/13/15 08:38 PM
Just loaded myself and 4 of my friends into MyCourt. Hit "Play As Team" and it did indeed load us into Pro Am mode. First match we played, we were chosen as the home team. It was cool to see our court in action for the first time. Sadly. We only had 4000, people in attendence (maybe the better you play, the more fans your arena draws?). The second game played we played on some one elses court.

Worked smoothly both times in terms of loading us up. It didn't even take us to that dreaded locker room where we used to get stuck all the time. I agree the defense felt kind of sluggish, but i guess that comes with ten connections trying to keep up with each other.

Looking forward to more out of this mode, but i do wish there was an option for home and away jerseys.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.