Home
WWE 2K16 News Post

2K and WWE 2K16 have released details and updates to Universe Mode, where fans get to craft and play out their own version of WWE.
  • In the past, starting match cards were similar across all game copies. Now players shouldn’t see the same card when comparing Universes with their friends. From there, players can now assign Superstars to appear on multiple shows, creating more flexibility and customization.
  • We’ve added more Universe cutscenes and revamped a large portion of the storylines to focus more on quality over quantity. Between pay-per-views one would traditionally see around two possible story instances for a character’s path. Now those branching-instance possibilities jump up to ten, creating far more variety in storylines. Everything will make more sense logically with the Superstars involved based on their personality traits.
  • Status effects are another new element shaking up the flow of Universe Mode. Status effects are temporary bonuses and penalties that are triggered through gameplay or storylines. The most common effects temporarily boost a Superstar’s attributes, which are triggered by winning streaks and winning big pay-per-view matches in rivalries.
  • We’ve also brought back injuries as status effects with big changes. Injuries are inflicted when you deal a huge amount of damage to a specific part of the body, and the level of the injury climbs from minor to major to critical. Superstars can continue to compete with minor and major injuries with penalties to limb health and attributes related to that limb. Once an injury reaches a critical level, the Superstar will be knocked out of commission until their injury heals up.
  • Whenever a rivalry match finishes, a new results screen offers immediate feedback on how it affects everything. Previously, players would have to dig through menus to gather this information and this cuts that down significantly. Keeping tabs on developments and progression has never been easier.
WWE 2K16 arrives for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on October 27th in North America, the 29th in Australia, and the 30th in Europe.

Make sure to read the full article on the details and updates to Universe Mode"]new advancements to WWE 2K16 Universal Mode here[/url].

WWE 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view WWE 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: WWE 2K16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
WWE 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Mr_Touchdown_USA @ 10/25/15 01:56 PM
Seems as if there's a ruckus over at the 2K forums because some of the people who got the game in advance of the North American release date are stating that titles cannot be manually defended in Universe (i.e. no title matches on RAW, SmackDown, .etc) and that titles can only be defended when the game generates the matches and they can't be edited.

If that's the case, I hope 2K are planning a patch for this...

# 22 JohnnyCash2015 @ 10/25/15 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Touchdown_USA
Seems as if there's a ruckus over at the 2K forums because some of the people who got the game in advance of the North American release date are stating that titles cannot be manually defended in Universe (i.e. no title matches on RAW, SmackDown, .etc) and that titles can only be defended when the game generates the matches and they can't be edited.

If that's the case, I hope 2K are planning a patch for this...

Bad bad bad bad bad bad move 2k, bad move. Bad.

They need to patch that asap. It's my universe, not yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 23 mcavner @ 10/25/15 03:48 PM
Oooh... that's a gamekiller for me. Just went from buy to no buy. I'll have to wait and see now. It may seem silly but that's sort of all I do with the game, so if I can't run my universe as I design it - there's no point in dropping $80 plus dlc $ on the game.

# 24 Reed1417 @ 10/25/15 04:16 PM
I was planning to play MyCareer anyway for a bit but wow that's a HUGE bug/glitch.

Reed is comin' atcha!!

# 25 Mr_Touchdown_USA @ 10/25/15 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavner
Oooh... that's a gamekiller for me. Just went from buy to no buy. I'll have to wait and see now. It may seem silly but that's sort of all I do with the game, so if I can't run my universe as I design it - there's no point in dropping $80 plus dlc $ on the game.
I agree, I'd like to run my Universe the way I see fit. I don't even use the rivalry system or follow the rankings since they have always been screwed up in WWE games. I have little faith 2K will take action. I think this same issue happened with WWE '12 when the game was under the THQ umbrella. If I recall, THQ patched that title issue and gave us classic masked Kane as a sort of apology.

2K really needs to listen to the people and jump on this as soon as possible. If a patch can't be offered they need to explain why titles cannot be manually defended in Universe mode as soon as possible.

Personally, I think it might do with the way Universe is set up this year since there are no longer brands or the brand extension, but that's just a guess at best. Interesting to see if 2K responds to the comments and criticism tomorrow. My understanding is that the WWE 2K message boards have been bombarded, as well as their social media outlets.

# 26 wiscowilz @ 10/25/15 06:36 PM
Not being able to create title defenses is a MAJOR downfall. Still buying it but damn that is a horrible set back if not possible (yet) as most of the time the title defenses the computer makes don't make sense.

# 27 satchmykels @ 10/25/15 06:53 PM
The Universe title issue appears to be more of a design decision rather than something that can be patched in but what do I know? Will definitely hinder my Universe plans...was planning on creating titles specifically to be defended on the weekly shows rather than ppvs (TV title, WWE Network title, cruiserweights, etc) but I'm sure I'll find a way to adapt. For example, doing title matches in exhibition and then just reassigning belts as needed in Universe. Granted, that will probably mess up the stat tracking, but whatever...gotta do what I gotta do

# 28 IowaAJ @ 10/26/15 07:09 AM
If its to help story lines play out correctly I don't have a problem with this.

# 29 wiscowilz @ 10/26/15 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaAJ
If its to help story lines play out correctly I don't have a problem with this.
Most people I believe book their own shows though and set up their own contenders. It's a lot of work down the drain if you can't book your own title matches and random guys (that you have no clue about) are getting title matches. Even so-called #1 contenders matches in the past haven't necessarily forced a title match.

Stinks that you make your own title matches on the regular shows as well.

# 30 IowaAJ @ 10/26/15 10:14 AM
I honestly don't understand why they would do this. I'll wait till I have the game Tuesday to take too hard of a stance on this. Obviously it would be better to let titles be defended anytime. I just hope the rivalries work better then they have in the past.

# 31 Smooth Pancakes @ 10/26/15 11:33 AM
If I can't run my Universe 100% exactly how I want to run it, then screw that. The Universe is about the only game mode I play. If I can't play it how I want, then to hell with that. The hassle and aggravation is nowhere near worth $60+. I'll just stick with 2K15 for now unless they change it.

# 32 BoltThrower74 @ 10/26/15 01:46 PM
So…, dumb question (WWE 13 was the last game I picked up) but do you gain XP for your created wrestler in any mode? Or is it only during the MyCareer? Are there multiple routes to attaining XP for your dude/gal?

# 33 CM Hooe @ 10/26/15 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltThrower74
So…, dumb question (WWE 13 was the last game I picked up) but do you gain XP for your created wrestler in any mode? Or is it only during the MyCareer? Are there multiple routes to attaining XP for your dude/gal?
Traditionally, outside of MyCareer you can set CAWs' stats / abilities / moves / etc. to whatever you want. I assume that same rule of thumb applies to this year's game.

# 34 BoltThrower74 @ 10/26/15 03:44 PM
Thanks, CM!

# 35 Mr_Touchdown_USA @ 10/27/15 12:45 PM
Quote:
WWE Universe Mode Title Matchup Fix
We’re aware of a bug in Universe Mode that limits when players can set title matches. We are working to fix the issue and will have an update soon.

This was posted on the WWE 2K Forums, so they acknowledged the issue which hopefully means a patch is forthcoming. I think this could be classified as a bug/glitch then since this comes directly from one of 2K's Content Managers.

http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?...le-Matchup-Fix

# 36 jaredsmith83 @ 10/27/15 01:34 PM
Great! I was planning on holding out until they addressed this issue. Not that it would affect me tremendously, but it is nice to have that little extra bit of control.

# 37 wiscowilz @ 10/27/15 02:46 PM
Quote:
This was posted on the WWE 2K Forums, so they acknowledged the issue which hopefully means a patch is forthcoming. I think this could be classified as a bug/glitch then since this comes directly from one of 2K's Content Managers.

That is really good news.

# 38 mcavner @ 10/27/15 03:47 PM
Quote:

Good news. Picking up the game tomorrow.

# 39 Sharpshooter1324 @ 10/27/15 03:53 PM
This is prob a stupid question but since I have not played a WWE game in a long @$$ time, in the universe mode, is it all random? What I mean is if I do nothing to change what's going on and let the CPU control everything and I just play the matches, will rivals happen? will everything just be random. Im getting a bit tired on controlling every aspect of a game and I just want to play a never ending mode of just matches with pretty cool stories. Will the CPU do that in this Universe mode?

# 40 Mr_Touchdown_USA @ 10/27/15 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooter1324
This is prob a stupid question but since I have not played a WWE game in a long @$$ time, in the universe mode, is it all random? What I mean is if I do nothing to change what's going on and let the CPU control everything and I just play the matches, will rivals happen? will everything just be random. Im getting a bit tired on controlling every aspect of a game and I just want to play a never ending mode of just matches with pretty cool stories. Will the CPU do that in this Universe mode?
I believe if you set rivalries to on, they and the storylines will generate automatically. All you'd have to do is choose which matches you want to play, if you wanted to play them at all.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.