Home
WWE 2K16 News Post

WWE 2K16 is available now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, check out the launch trailer here.

Play a few matches and post your impressions!

Game: WWE 2K16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
WWE 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Sinner @ 10/29/15 09:43 AM
Loving this game so far. First match I did random and it picked Brian Pillman, used his WWE attire and it was the crazy Brian throwing up the 4 Horsemen symbol. Did random for opponent and it picked Dolph. I was really happy for this match.

I lost the first one then won the rematch, both matches had a nice amount of back and forth and like many have said the pacing was on point. I noticed no blood so went to options turned it on and noticed turn off reversal limit. Picked both again and although it was a pretty good match I won more easily.

Went right back to options to turn reversal limit back on, don't mind loosing matches and it's so much better with it on. Great job 2k

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

# 122 CM Hooe @ 10/29/15 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
What is the green bar that pops up sometimes with reversals?
Some moves have two reversal moments. The first one - the "weak" reversal point - costs one reversal stock and is shown with a green reversal indicator. The second one - the "strong" reversal point - costs two reversal stock, is shown with a red reversal indicator, and stuns an opponent when successfully executed.

Quote:
Is there a move list anywhere? I feel like I'm missing out on certain moves.
You can see a wrestler's signatures and finishers in the match (and the situations for performing each) in the pause screen, but beyond that I think you're gonna have to go to the move-set editor to see the moves list per-wrestler.

# 123 DJ @ 10/29/15 12:43 PM
Played a few matches last night. First blush impressions are this game is certainly more enjoyable than previous WWE games. Better pacing, movement and flow to the matches now. The reversal system was a great call; love the extra added strategy element.

The new submission system is going to take me a while to figure out. I was terrible with similar systems in UFC 3 and EA UFC.

AI is improved but they still make some odd choices at times. I'm losing matches on Normal though (lost to Stardust as Daniel Bryan), so I won't complain too much.

Is there a block button for strikes? I try not to use my reversals for those, but I don't think I have a choice since I can't just block a strike.

The grapple controls are a bit foreign to me, too. I'll have to keep playing and see if I can figure out how that all works.

Commentary and crowd reactions are a sore spot for me. Graphics are a mixed bag; some wrestlers look amazing and others look last-gen.

The good news is that after playing last night, I have the desire to keep playing the game. Previous years I'd play for an hour or two and grow bored because the gameplay really hadn't changed to challenge me.

# 124 csamuelsvt @ 10/29/15 02:06 PM
Loving the game so far as well..so many great animations and new things.

2 things I was wondering...I noticed in the trailer 2k put out that Seth rollins at the beginning of the match does he sit down and kinda back up away out of the ring heel tactic...is there a way to do this or is this only initiated by the computer?

Secondly, I don't know how to do it, but in the beginning of the matches I notice you or the AI push each other into the turnbuckle or ropes and lock up a bit..then the ref comes to break it out and you can press square on ps4 and hit your opponent....how do you do that?

# 125 eremiomania @ 10/29/15 02:11 PM
It just bugs me more and more that Hogan and Goldberg aren't in this game. That would really complete the roster for me.

I mentioned before that I really like that you pick your wrestler from a list now instead of the grid, but I found last night (after finally figuring out how to get the accelerator to work) is that I wish you could preview the different attires when selecting a wrestler.

I finally figured out the new pin system and I finally remembered how grappling worked from last year. I feel like I understand what I'm supposed to be doing during submissions and it's still not working for me. I want to keep my color overlapping with the other color in both situations, right?

With reversals, where on screen can you tell how many you have left? I'm not seeing it.

Again, LOVE entrance interruptions. Very cool. Really digging a lot of the new little animations like frustration after 2 counts.

# 126 eremiomania @ 10/29/15 02:15 PM
I had a match between Andre the Giant and Bo Dallas last night. The loading screen with them two next to each other made me laugh. These are the dream matches lol.

# 127 SmashMan @ 10/29/15 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by molendie
I feel like I understand what I'm supposed to be doing during submissions and it's still not working for me. I want to keep my color overlapping with the other color in both situations, right?
If red (attacker), overlap. If blue (defender) avoid red.

Quote:
With reversals, where on screen can you tell how many you have left? I'm not seeing it.
Yellow bars at the bottom of your player info graphic. Underneath stamina bars, momentum percentage and all that.

# 128 Pappy Knuckles @ 10/29/15 02:41 PM
Just got this today and I've already had two of the greatest matches I've ever experienced in a wrestling game. 1 offline and 1 online.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk

# 129 Brandwin @ 10/29/15 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
Ahh yeah didn't think about that. I think I'd be willing to sacrifice the real announcers for good generic ones. But I know the mass wouldn't feel the same.
I would love that. Could stick the real guys in from time to time, but generic guys like on 2K football would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ

AI is improved but they still make some odd choices at times. I'm losing matches on Normal though (lost to Stardust as Daniel Bryan), so I won't complain too much.

Is there a block button for strikes? I try not to use my reversals for those, but I don't think I have a choice since I can't just block a strike.

The grapple controls are a bit foreign to me, too. I'll have to keep playing and see if I can figure out how that all works.
Yeah I saw some weird choices as well. Some times the AI just stood there for up to 10 seconds.

I don't believe there is a block button.

I turned in two controllers to get the hang of the grapple system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csamuelsvt

Secondly, I don't know how to do it, but in the beginning of the matches I notice you or the AI push each other into the turnbuckle or ropes and lock up a bit..then the ref comes to break it out and you can press square on ps4 and hit your opponent....how do you do that?
Flick right stick up I believe. You go into strong grapple. If neither wins the rock paper scissor match up, you will just push each other. Eventually the ref will try to break it up and square button prompt will pop up to punch. At least I believe that's how it's been done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molendie

I finally figured out the new pin system and I finally remembered how grappling worked from last year. I feel like I understand what I'm supposed to be doing during submissions and it's still not working for me. I want to keep my color overlapping with the other color in both situations, right?
What is different with the new pin system?

# 130 StevenSD @ 10/29/15 03:33 PM
Just wanted to make a point that I think Stardust's entrance is quite possibly the best in the game.

# 131 SmashMan @ 10/29/15 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
What is different with the new pin system?
Instead of holding a button to fill a bar and to let it land at a spot, the bar auto-fills and you just hit X (or whatever Xbox equivalent) when it hits the spot. And it's circular now.

# 132 cima @ 10/29/15 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
2K does an amazing job with NBA 2K commentary, but damn WWE 2K commentary is stale within a few minutes. Playing with commentary off again as always.
How do you turn it off?

# 133 Lisac @ 10/29/15 04:48 PM
Love the game and how it flows! but unfort there is a couple of things that currently ruin the expierence:
Accelerator not working
If you edit a player (say attire) and you win the match hes a ghost. you can see the ropes move and stuff but the character isnt there.

# 134 PVarck31 @ 10/29/15 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisac
Love the game and how it flows! but unfort there is a couple of things that currently ruin the expierence:
Accelerator not working
If you edit a player (say attire) and you win the match hes a ghost. you can see the ropes move and stuff but the character isnt there.
Saw a tweet 2K made saying they are aware of that issue and working on a fix.

# 135 Brandwin @ 10/29/15 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
How do you turn it off?
Options
Audio
Voice

I think it can only can be changed outside of a match, not during.

# 136 Reed1417 @ 10/29/15 05:20 PM
Just a little thing I've noticed that I love, if you keep attacking the chest area you can see the chest get bruised up. Don't know if that's true for the other body parts but it's a nice touch!

Reed is comin' atcha!!

# 137 chisoxfan922 @ 10/29/15 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed1417
Just a little thing I've noticed that I love, if you keep attacking the chest area you can see the chest get bruised up. Don't know if that's true for the other body parts but it's a nice touch!

Reed is comin' atcha!!
I noticed it in the face as well. I was Balor going up against Owens and he got a few shots at my face and the one cheek started to turn red.

# 138 Lisac @ 10/29/15 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Saw a tweet 2K made saying they are aware of that issue and working on a fix.
Sweet this is great news, Thanks!

# 139 bababooey76 @ 10/29/15 07:19 PM
I enjoy the game play and the roster depth. However, I am someone who does a universe where I do cpu vs cpu and I watch the matches. Matches are just too long. Guys do not go for pins near as often as they should.

# 140 Gotmadskillzson @ 10/29/15 08:55 PM
Haven't tried it in universe but regular play now type of CPU vs CPU matches last about 6 to 8 minutes. Even the Hell in the Cell matches. To me that is too fast and pretty boring to watch because they do basic moves and rarely seem to do a signature move. And for some reason just like last year, the CPU will do 6 eye rakes in a row. I was quite disappointed that CPU vs CPU matches they treat every match like it is a regular match.

No holds barred, Extreme Rules, Steel Cage, Hell in a Cell, etc. I guess expect them to be more violent, use chairs and other weapons more in those type of matches. Don't give nothing but suplexes and snapmares.

Playing against the CPU is better since as the USER you can mix up the action yourself. If you rely on the CPU then you will see the same moves over and over again. I probably end up editing the moves again for I can see more variety. Seem like everybody got the same kind of default moves. I would like to see the power guys use power moves a lot more, high fliers use more acrobatic type of moves.

Don't like chain wrestling, never did, so I immediately turn that off. Submission system is inconsistent. Some times I can have the CPU color bar covered for a long time, no submission, CPU have my bar covered for 3 seconds, instant submission, I was like WTF ?

Pin falls.......yeah not a fan of that meter. I haven't won a match yet because of it. CPU seem to kick out of every finisher I did so far. And I have finishers slider maxed out. It is like they don't do enough damage. But yet the CPU can do a BS fireman carry or snapmare and pin me immediately afterwards and get the 3 count. The 1st two pin attempts are easy to kick out of, but beyond that it is damn near impossible to kick out because the meter be so tiny to land on.

I am impressed with the roster over all, but they are missing quite a bit of famous old school wrestlers. Might be in a future DLC.

I would love to see the following in a DLC:

RVD
Sid Vicious
The Sandman
Sabu
Demolition tag team
The Road Warriors tag team
Doom tag team - Ron Simmons & Butch Reed
Harlem Heat tag team - I think they are future DLC
The Head Shrinkers tag team
Mr Perfect
Val Venis
Big Bossman
Steve Blackman (How they have Ken Shamrock in the game and not his biggest rival ?)
Kurt Angle - 1990s version
Tommy Dreamer
Dean Malenko
Goldberg
Hakushi
The Hardy Boys tag team
The Steiner Brothers tag team

But beyond all that, I would give the game a 9 out of 10. The best WWE game in a long time.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.