Home
PES 2016 News Post

PES 2016 Data Pack 1 is scheduled to arrive on Thursday, October 29. It will include updated team rosters for use in all modes, new face scans, kits and gameplay tweaks. Check out some of the details below.

UPDATE: (10-29) The data pack/roster update is available now, unfortunately it looks like many of the transfers are missing. The PES team is aware of the issue and looking into it. After waiting so long for an updated roster for all modes in the game, it seems PES fans will have to wait even longer. We will update this post if we hear anything else.

Quote:
The update marks the first of many planned additions KONAMI will make to PES 2016 during the course of the year, as it looks to continually enhance the user’s experience. The update file will be automatically downloaded and added to the main game, with all team rosters updated to match with current registered squads. This includes all new signings plus the addition of any youth players that have been allocated shirt numbers. Player forms will also be updated, which will be constantly monitored as part of KONAMI’s ongoing weekly update files, which alter according to the real-life form of players.

KONAMI has also added a number of new kits to the main game, adding further authenticity. All new French Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 kits have been updated and implemented, as have those of the top two Spanish leagues. Additionally, new Serie A Italian kits have been updated, while Dutch sides FC Groningen and FC Utrecht now appear in their officially licensed strips. They are joined by officially licensed representations of key European sides, such as Galatasaray, Panathinaikos and Maccabi Tel Aviv, while the South American team roster has been bolstered with the official kits for Brazil’s Flamengo and Palmeiras as well as Argentinian trio Independiente, Newell’s Old Boys and Vélez Sarsfield. With PES 2016 exclusively boasting the UEFA Champions League and Asian Champions League modes within its options, a number of dedicated kits for these tournaments have also been added.

PES 2016 is highly regarded for its realistic representation of players, with its unique Player ID system ensuring that its many stars not only look like their real-life counterparts, but their abilities and playing styles, too. Over 3,000 players already utilize bespoke stats, and the new update adds an additional 70+ realistically modeled players. The new additions represent a cross section of the world’s best and upcoming players, with the likes of Luuk de Jong, Yevhen Konopolyanka, Jordon Ibe, Danny Ings, Joshua Kimmich, and Burak Yilmaz amongst those benefitting. Each player will boast animations and likenesses that mimic them in every way, and will work within PES 2016’s Team ID system, wherein teams are set up to match the playing style of their club.

Other additions include new boots from the likes of adidas, Mizuno, New Balance, Nike Football and Umbro, as new styles such as the adidas X and Ace are added alongside New Balance’s Furon Pro, Nike’s Mercurial Superfly, and the UX-2 from Umbro. Billboards and stand décor have also been enhanced in line with real world changes. There are also a number of gameplay tweaks added to enhance the user experience following consultation with the vibrant PES 2016 fan base.

Game: PES 2016Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
PES 2016 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 RonMexico1992 @ 10/27/15 12:27 PM
this just makes me laugh at how dumb Konami are to release a half done BROKEN (Goalies, Fouls etc) game 6 weeks early to release before fifa.

All but killing all the momentum this game had. Still a stellar football game, just poorly managed.

They blew it

# 2 L4velle @ 10/27/15 12:38 PM
The vague "gameplay tweaks" without being specific makes me think the chances of Gks being tweaked fairly slim

# 3 HieroBlkOutz @ 10/28/15 12:04 AM
Hope the fouls get tweaked!

# 4 PeruvianPlaya954 @ 10/28/15 09:53 AM
I posted this in another thread, maybe someone can answer here.

It says there that it will be downloaded automatically? Does that mean we are going to lose all of our edits we've done already on players?! Does that also mean that we will lose players who we haven't base copied?

What if I don't want this automatic download?

# 5 KG @ 10/28/15 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeruvianPlaya954
I posted this in another thread, maybe someone can answer here.

It says there that it will be downloaded automatically? Does that mean we are going to lose all of our edits we've done already on players?! Does that also mean that we will lose players who we haven't base copied?

What if I don't want this automatic download?
Yes, you will lose the edits you made to players. It's always been that way btw.

# 6 PeruvianPlaya954 @ 10/28/15 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Yes, you will lose the edits you made to players. It's always been that way btw.
I edited the crap out of the Peruvian national team, like every player. Gave them real faces, etc., etc. How do I ensure I don't lose that?

# 7 KG @ 10/28/15 10:11 AM
Quote:
I edited the crap out of the Peruvian national team, like every player. Gave them real faces, etc., etc. How do I ensure I don't lose that?

Don't download the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 8 PeruvianPlaya954 @ 10/28/15 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Don't download the update.

I thought it said it downloads automatically though?

Wow, what a bummer.

# 9 KG @ 10/28/15 10:15 AM
Quote:
I thought it said it downloads automatically though?

Wow, what a bummer.

If you're connected to the Internet. Just don't connect it and you won't dl the update.

# 10 PeruvianPlaya954 @ 10/28/15 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
If you're connected to the Internet. Just don't connect it and you won't dl the update.

Can I just base copy all the players and replace the generic ones that come in the update?

# 11 dubcity @ 10/28/15 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4velle
The vague "gameplay tweaks" without being specific makes me think the chances of Gks being tweaked fairly slim

Yeah. Last year I don't remember them making any significant changes to gameplay, but then again I would argue that this year the gameplay balance is so heavily in favor of the offense that they really should change things up.

# 12 Anton10 @ 10/28/15 10:34 PM
Use Create a new player and base copy all the players you have edited then use these players and base copy back over the players in the team once you have downloaded the update? As I understand it any created players aren't changed. Anyone know any different?

# 13 buckeyezombie @ 10/29/15 12:41 AM
The update is up for download now

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

# 14 dubcity @ 10/29/15 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyezombie
The update is up for download now

Yup. PS4 update is 1.04 GB.

# 15 buckeyezombie @ 10/29/15 01:27 AM
CPU pass accuracy seems to have dropped, but their shots are still pinpoint accurate. My keeper seems to react quicker, stopped a low close range shot with an animation I dont remember seeing before. The long slow dive happened, but didn't stop the goal. Keeper seemed quicker but it was no help with these Pele like shot attempts. Fouls don't appear to be touched at all, there was only one foul, which I drew a close range free kick from. Game seemed to flow better, but could be placebo affect. In my brief time playing, doesn't appear to be much difference. Again this is only playing where I didn't finish the game. So it was brief

# 16 dubcity @ 10/29/15 02:06 AM
Quote:
Can I just base copy all the players and replace the generic ones that come in the update?

It gave me the option of whether I wanted the club or international squads to be updated/changed, so you could say no to that and maybe it won't change what you created. It also automatically created an edit data backup file.

# 17 Sneaky Deaky @ 10/29/15 02:35 AM
Updated game, saw the updated teams, and the stupid default team colours! BUT, there's been no change to any of my player edits! I edited the whole Dutch league, all goalkeepers and lots of player stats, and none have been changed.

I can't confirm however if players with new faces may have been changed, though.

Played one game, I believe in the placebo effect so I won't judge any gameplay changes right now, except for one important thing, they have patched back in the low cross on manual. The double (triple?) B/O cross on the ground, that for some reason didn't work on manual before.

# 18 dubcity @ 10/29/15 02:48 AM
Weird, am I the only one with Martial still at Monaco and Chicharito still at Man U?

# 19 StoneColdSwede @ 10/29/15 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Weird, am I the only one with Martial still at Monaco and Chicharito still at Man U?
Nah mate apparently the last minute/deadline day deals were left behind.

# 20 wili @ 10/29/15 03:31 AM
downloaded the update and realize that i still have to update the roster manually. haha alex song is still at barca.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.