Home
PES 2016 News Post

Konami's PES 2016 has only been out for roughly 60 days, yet the controversy surrounding the game continues to escalate. If you haven't been following the news, here's a brief recap of PES 2016:
  • Early reviews and feedback from builds shown/played at Gamescom and E3 were very positive.
  • The PES 2016 demo dropped before FIFA 16 (nearly a month before the game's official release) and the hype for release continued to build.
  • PES 2016 released to favorable critic scores (8.0 on OS & 88 on Metacritic for the PS4 version) DESPITE not having updated rosters.
  • Konami releases a statement saying that the offline rosters (Master League) will be updated on October 29, nearly 40 days after the game's release.
  • October 29 rolls around and the official roster release isn't 100 percent accurate, missing deadline-day deals and others close to it (most notably, Anthony Martial from AS Monaco to Manchester United).
  • On November 2 Konami releases this apology to fans.

If you're confused and frustrated, please know that you're not alone. In this day and age of instant gratification, there is no excuse for this kind of mix-up. All positive momentum Konami gained before and leading up to release has come to a grinding halt, and the explanation/apology Konami rolled out does little to inspire any confidence in a company that has recently announced its intentions of moving forward as primarily a mobile publisher.

It's already painful enough to have to wait until after the official European leagues kick-off to play the latest iteration of the series, but having to wait nearly two months to play the game's main mode is an additional slap in the face to a community that has done so much for the series over the years. As we wait to see how this saga plays out, it will be interesting to see the community's reaction and how this impacts PES' credibility moving forward.

Game: PES 2016Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
PES 2016 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 spartansocc12 @ 11/05/15 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Worlds better? I just don't see it man, sorry. I love and own both games, but there's just flat out waaaaaaay too much scoring in PES for people to be giving it the 'just like the real thing' assessment. The shooting is overpowered and the GKs are terrible. It used to be that the CPU in FIFA would just barge the ball upfield without passing it around realistically, but that simply isn't the case anymore, they have made up lots of ground this year in terms of AI in my opinion.

I can totally understand someone preferring one game to the other, as they're drastically different and opinions are like a-holes, but when I hear people saying that FIFA is garbage by comparison, I just don't get it.

But back to the topic at hand....I popped PES in yesterday and now they're saying that the roster update "should be complete this year". Are you kidding me??? The Live Updates are accurate, how can it possible take 4 months to provide current rosters? It boggles the mind.
Are you playing against another human or CPU? On top player and above if you set up the computer's tactics well, they will be very tough to break down. Games become very tactical and balanced.

# 22 PeruvianPlaya954 @ 11/06/15 12:30 AM
You know what? **** Konami and **** this game. It's literally a broken piece of ****. I would tell anyone who hasn't bought it and is reading this to steer clear.

I got bored of FIFA in recent years, it grew very stale to me. I jumped back on PES this year with the hopes of rediscovering the familiar old magic. Some of it is there, some of it isn't, which is fine.

But when you have bull**** issues like this with these delayed roster updates - I mean half the season is going to pass without having real rosters - combined with the fact that I DID NOT ****ING WANT THE UPDATE BECAUSE I KNEW IT OVERWRITES MY EDITED PLAYERS AND SOMEHOW STILL AM FORCEFED TO TAKE IT, well Konami can go **** themselves.

Last $60 I spend on that sorry excuse for a company.

# 23 RonMexico1992 @ 11/06/15 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeruvianPlaya954
You know what? **** Konami and **** this game. It's literally a broken piece of ****. I would tell anyone who hasn't bought it and is reading this to steer clear.

I got bored of FIFA in recent years, it grew very stale to me. I jumped back on PES this year with the hopes of rediscovering the familiar old magic. Some of it is there, some of it isn't, which is fine.

But when you have bull**** issues like this with these delayed roster updates - I mean half the season is going to pass without having real rosters - combined with the fact that I DID NOT ****ING WANT THE UPDATE BECAUSE I KNEW IT OVERWRITES MY EDITED PLAYERS AND SOMEHOW STILL AM FORCEFED TO TAKE IT, well Konami can go **** themselves.

Last $60 I spend on that sorry excuse for a company.
Get it on PC brother. But yeah Konami blows. Sadly I love the game.

# 24 PeruvianPlaya954 @ 11/06/15 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico1992
Get it on PC brother. But yeah Konami blows. Sadly I love the game.
Do you know how to get my back-up file so I can regain my faces? Or is that not possible here?

# 25 RonMexico1992 @ 11/06/15 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeruvianPlaya954
Do you know how to get my back-up file so I can regain my faces? Or is that not possible here?
On console? Surely there is no way.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.