Home
NHL 16 News Post

NHL 16 patch 1.04 is available now for Xbox One (2.1GB) and PlayStation 4 (2.3GB), providing fixes for gameplay, Be A Pro, Be A GM, presentation and much more.

Check out all of the details below, taken from the PlayStation 4 NHL 16 Update History.

EASHL Club Challenges
  • Select Club Challenge dressing room and search for the team you wish to challenge. When both teams are ready to play, send the challenge and start your game. The game will only count towards your Pro's Player Badges progression and personal stats.
EASHL AI Goalies
  • AI goalie attributes will be lowered in the situation where a player controlled goalie drops from game to be fair for the other team
Gameplay Tuner Download Update
  • When a new Gameplay Tuner is available to download it will show up in the NHL 16 main menu. Note from Millennium - Settings still only show V1.00 or Latest for tuner selections
Gameplay
  • Increased the chance of a trip when spamming pokecheck from behind the puck carrier
  • Added ability for players to lose speed the more they spam pokecheck
  • Tuned down the ability for players to perform defensive deflections behind them
  • Pokechecks will now only connect with strength on the way out, not on the sticks return back to the player
  • Addressed issue where the AI player would be able to get a full powered pass without powering up first after a User called for a pass
  • The AI will no longer auto pass when a Player does a manual windup for a show outside of the offensive zone
  • Increased the effect of the pass reception slider in the gameplay setting
  • Addressed issue where the gosalie Butterflu Sliders weren't overriding Precision Motion
  • Addressed issue where some players would be stuck in goalie control after making a pass as a goalie
  • Added butterflu slides out of both VH and Hug Post to make it easier to slide across out of those positions
  • User controlled goalie will now face the puck earlier as it is carried towards them
  • Goalies now receive the puck more cleanly with their stick from a standing position
  • Addressed issue where a goalie woudl sometimes get stuck sliing in the butterfly
  • Pucks can no longer be chopped if the stick goes through the goalie first so that they behave the same as pokechecks
  • Fixed issues where AI players wouldn't avoid their own net properly with the puck
  • Fixed issue where User players woudl sometimes be stuck on the bench while an AI player played for them after situations where they served a penalty
  • Added more conditions in goalie interference logic to increase accuracy to the calls for both allowed and disallowed goals
  • Fixed the button callout for accepting fights when using Hybrid controls
  • Added ability for Precision Skating to trigger at lower speeds
  • Fixed issues with the True Broadcast camera pan direction in Shootouts
  • Weakside AI defender won't look to hit the puck carrier when they are outside the slot
  • AI will look for hits during in-zone defense even if they don't have a great angle. This will allow AI players to bump a player off the puck even twhen the puck carrier has their back to them
  • Fixed issue where shot accuracy was too high on hardcore gamestyle when spinning around before taking a slapshot
  • Fixed issue where in some cases, the AI goalie wouldn't track the shoowing position properly when a player was rolling the puck back before shooting in a shootout scenario
Be A Pro
  • Increased the likelihood of being drafted if the user starts in the CHL
  • Enabled the user to switch between Classic and Authentic styles after entering the mode
  • Decreased the likelihood of the game switching between Classic and Authentic automatically
  • Players will not get penalized for long shifts until 10 seconds after they are called to the bench
Coaching Feedback and On-Ice Trainer
  • On-Ice Trainer visualizations will now show up for both teams if there are local users on both the home and away teams
  • Feedback hints can now be shown when Control hints are disabled
  • Coaching Feedback - Classic BAP players will not lose excessive Endurance experience for long shifts
  • Coaching Feedback - Fix for some coaching instructions not clearing quickly enough
  • Coaching Feedback - Defensive letter grades now accumulate correctly in EASHL
  • Coaching Feedback - Tie-ups and stick lifts from faceoff grip positions were not counting as using that grip in coaching feedback
  • Coaching Feedback - Deflections no longer awarded to defensive players blocking shots
  • Coaching Feedback - Blocked shots that hit sticks no longer count as blocked passes if there was a recent pass
  • Coaching Feedback - Shot blocks now count if they hit your stick
Be A GM
  • Decreased amount of Team and Player meetings that occur during a season
  • Decreased the amount of points an average defenseman gets during a sim
  • Added a setting to Disable Team and Player Meetings
  • Decreased the impact of team chemisty on the sim engine
Presentation
  • Added the Moncton Wildcats 3rd Jersey
  • Added the Frolunda Indians Home and Away Jerseys
  • Added the Providence Bruins 3rd Jersey
  • Added the Nashville Predators Golden Alternate Jersey
  • Added the New York Islanders 3rd Jersey
  • Added the Hershey Bears 3rd Jersey
  • Added the Texas Stars Home and Away jerseys
  • Added the Wilkes Barre Penguins 3rd Jersey
  • Improvements for Grand Rapids Home and Away Name plate bar fix
  • Improvements for Kamloops Blazers Home and Away number color fixes, "C/A" placement fix
  • Fix the Montreal Canadiens Home jersey eyelet and collar lace
  • Updated various center ice designs for authenticity
  • Updated various goal horns and goal song timing for authenticity
  • Added 15 female heads to create player selection
  • Equipment - Added Brian's Sub Zero 3 Goalie pads, blocker and trapper
  • Equipment - Added Vaughn Vintage Goalie pads, blocker and trapper
  • Equipment - Added Ventus LT98 Goalie pads, blocker and trapper
  • Equipment - Added CCM 4-Roll Pro III glove

Game: NHL 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
NHL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 MizzouRah @ 11/06/15 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
Yeah, if that was his first goal of the game it would say Tarasenko (1) after the goal but if you pause the game and go to game summary it would say Tarasenko (5).

I doubt that was done by design. Just an error that crept in.
Right.. but the announcer will announce it's his 5th goal of the season as well as when he scores his 10th, 15th, etc.. not sure why they don't show the total or announce each goal like 1st, 2nd, 3rd and just in increments of 5. Really weird design choices imho.

# 22 bowld @ 11/06/15 10:51 AM
Is it just me or are these not actually in game-

Added the Moncton Wildcats 3rd Jersey
Added the Frolunda Indians Home and Away Jerseys
Added the Providence Bruins 3rd Jersey
Added the Nashville Predators Golden Alternate Jersey
Added the New York Islanders 3rd Jersey
Added the Hershey Bears 3rd Jersey
Added the Texas Stars Home and Away jerseys
Added the Wilkes Barre Penguins 3rd Jersey

I just tried playing with all of these teams and dont see anything changed/added

# 23 Millennium @ 11/06/15 10:51 AM
Hey guys,

Let's try playing a few games on default sliders before the sky falls.

This is a HUGE list of fixes. Playing on anything but default to see the changes is doing a disservice to a development team who obviously took a lot of feedback in making this patch.

Easy with the edge of the cliff posting.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

# 24 Gotmilkman24 @ 11/06/15 11:28 AM
I just played my first few games this morning and I am absolutely in love with this tuner. Goodbye spam poke checkers hello better game logic.

# 25 Money99 @ 11/06/15 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmilkman24
I just played my first few games this morning and I am absolutely in love with this tuner. Goodbye spam poke checkers hello better game logic.
May I ask if you played offline or on?
Thanks!

# 26 murph17 @ 11/06/15 11:33 AM
Can you setup private drop-in game and then switch to public on XB1 now?

# 27 Gotmilkman24 @ 11/06/15 11:34 AM
The new energy color for BaP is more green to. I like it.

# 28 Gotmilkman24 @ 11/06/15 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
May I ask if you played offline or on?
Thanks!
I've played both. I'm playing BaP at the moment. The coaching feed back is better. It's easier now to get your grade higher or in the passing color.
I'd like to add that spam poke checking on the PS4 offline doesn't appear to slow me down. That could be that I'm playing in the CHL right now with very low attributes.
Also, it is now confirmed that Ronda Rousey is in the game.

# 29 jake19ny @ 11/06/15 11:41 AM
I just played a few more games. 2 on default then went back to my sliders and played one. I seem to get one if two types of game. I get one that the CPU is very passive, no penalties, and the CPU dumps a lot instead of that skate back with the puck until they can enter garbage. The other type the CPU plays aggressive, I get penalties, but the CPU dumps less. I could live with latter. There is good in this update I can't put my finger on it but some things just feel better. I still believe that much like the sliders when EA tunes or updates this game by fixing one thing something else gets affected and often not in a positive way. When I said the Dev team was in over their heads I meant that they are trying to tune an AI that's fatally flawed. It's not their fault and I should have been more clear they are trying to help and work with what they have. Unless the powers that be allow them to rebuild the AI from scratch all they can do is try and tune this up the best they can and it's never, in it's current state be what it should be. If I can find away to eliminate that odd game where the CPU goes into passive mode I will be happy.

# 30 Gotmilkman24 @ 11/06/15 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I just played a few more games. 2 on default then went back to my sliders and played one. I seem to get one if two types of game. I get one that the CPU is very passive, no penalties, and the CPU dumps a lot instead of that skate back with the puck until they can enter garbage. The other type the CPU plays aggressive, I get penalties, but the CPU dumps less. I could live with latter. There is good in this update I can't put my finger on it but some things just feel better. I still believe that much like the sliders when EA tunes or updates this game by fixing one thing something else gets affected and often not in a positive way. When I said the Dev team was in over their heads I meant that they are trying to tune an AI that's fatally flawed. It's not their fault and I should have been more clear they are trying to help and work with what they have. Unless the powers that be allow them to rebuild the AI from scratch all they can do is try and tune this up the best they can and it's never, in it's current state be what it should be. If I can find away to eliminate that odd game where the CPU goes into passive mode I will be happy.
One thing I've noticed that feels better is I can beat the computer on board play now. And also poke check them a lot easier now. Its about where it should be for poke checking Computers & even stick lift seems to work on the computer a lot better now. Like how it would on a player.

# 31 bad_philanthropy @ 11/06/15 12:43 PM
BTW, small but nice fix is editing players and not having their draft info change.

# 32 Sparkles @ 11/06/15 01:00 PM
New roster update as well

# 33 Efbomb @ 11/06/15 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
BTW, small but nice fix is editing players and not having their draft info change.
They fixed that too? F'n sweet!

As a roster freak, that was a killer bug.

Now, with a patch, new goalie gear, new 3rd jerseys, a roster update and that bug squashed, I can't wait to get home and get busy on editing.

4 o'clock can't come soon enough!

# 34 actionhank @ 11/06/15 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
The funny thing is.. at increments of 5, they announce the goal totals after a goal. Tarasenko scored his 5th of the season for me last game and the announcer said, "His 5th goal of the season, scored by Vladimir Tarasenko".

I agree.. they need to code that and should have by now.
Even more strange, sometimes it works. I've had a few games where my first game, it will show up at the start. I'll see Tarasenko's goal totals (still working on the sliders...so he's got 11 goals and 11 assists in 13 games...) and then they'll show goalie stats too...

then, next game the Goose Eggs are all back.

# 35 bcruise @ 11/06/15 01:51 PM
"Failed to retrieve data; please try again later" when going into Online Versus with the intent of checking for tuner/roster update. Anyone else?

# 36 bad_philanthropy @ 11/06/15 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efbomb
They fixed that too? F'n sweet!

As a roster freak, that was a killer bug.

Now, with a patch, new goalie gear, new 3rd jerseys, a roster update and that bug squashed, I can't wait to get home and get busy on editing.

4 o'clock can't come soon enough!
Yeah it's fixed. Unfortunately if you create a player he defaults to first overall since there is no option to select round or pick.

# 37 Efbomb @ 11/06/15 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Yeah it's fixed. Unfortunately if you create a player he defaults to first overall since there is no option to select round or pick.
Well, we can't have everything. This patch is a step in the right direction.

Anyone get a chance to check the new roster update? How's it look? If only 70% of the missing AHL players made it, I'll take it.

# 38 cowellj @ 11/06/15 02:11 PM
Will these changes integrate into your already-started Be A GM mode ??
Or do you have to start a new one ?

# 39 Hunkerdown @ 11/06/15 02:39 PM
Is the 3rd period AI shoot fest better. Seemed like everytime I played AI solid 2 periods. 3rd period comes and start hitting shots left and right.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

# 40 bad_philanthropy @ 11/06/15 02:48 PM
Holy crap is the skating ever different. The effect of momentum seems dramatically reduced. You definitely have a lot more control of your players. I'm not sure if it's a more accurate representation of the physics of skating or not. Feels somewhere between NHL 12 and NHL 14.

It is way easier to defend and maintain your gap on the rush, and it's also easier to keep the puck in the zone on passes to the point. I guess I would say skating is more precise. There seems to be less of a dramatic effect on movement acceleration and momentum with every input of the left stick.

Make no mistake, the skating, and general movement is as dramatic a change as I've seen to core gameplay in this series in a long time. Probably as big as the November patch for FIFA 15 last year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.