Home
NHL 16 News Post

NHL 16 patch 1.04 is available now for Xbox One (2.1GB) and PlayStation 4 (2.3GB), providing fixes for gameplay, Be A Pro, Be A GM, presentation and much more.

Check out all of the details below, taken from the PlayStation 4 NHL 16 Update History.

EASHL Club Challenges
  • Select Club Challenge dressing room and search for the team you wish to challenge. When both teams are ready to play, send the challenge and start your game. The game will only count towards your Pro's Player Badges progression and personal stats.
EASHL AI Goalies
  • AI goalie attributes will be lowered in the situation where a player controlled goalie drops from game to be fair for the other team
Gameplay Tuner Download Update
  • When a new Gameplay Tuner is available to download it will show up in the NHL 16 main menu. Note from Millennium - Settings still only show V1.00 or Latest for tuner selections
Gameplay
  • Increased the chance of a trip when spamming pokecheck from behind the puck carrier
  • Added ability for players to lose speed the more they spam pokecheck
  • Tuned down the ability for players to perform defensive deflections behind them
  • Pokechecks will now only connect with strength on the way out, not on the sticks return back to the player
  • Addressed issue where the AI player would be able to get a full powered pass without powering up first after a User called for a pass
  • The AI will no longer auto pass when a Player does a manual windup for a show outside of the offensive zone
  • Increased the effect of the pass reception slider in the gameplay setting
  • Addressed issue where the gosalie Butterflu Sliders weren't overriding Precision Motion
  • Addressed issue where some players would be stuck in goalie control after making a pass as a goalie
  • Added butterflu slides out of both VH and Hug Post to make it easier to slide across out of those positions
  • User controlled goalie will now face the puck earlier as it is carried towards them
  • Goalies now receive the puck more cleanly with their stick from a standing position
  • Addressed issue where a goalie woudl sometimes get stuck sliing in the butterfly
  • Pucks can no longer be chopped if the stick goes through the goalie first so that they behave the same as pokechecks
  • Fixed issues where AI players wouldn't avoid their own net properly with the puck
  • Fixed issue where User players woudl sometimes be stuck on the bench while an AI player played for them after situations where they served a penalty
  • Added more conditions in goalie interference logic to increase accuracy to the calls for both allowed and disallowed goals
  • Fixed the button callout for accepting fights when using Hybrid controls
  • Added ability for Precision Skating to trigger at lower speeds
  • Fixed issues with the True Broadcast camera pan direction in Shootouts
  • Weakside AI defender won't look to hit the puck carrier when they are outside the slot
  • AI will look for hits during in-zone defense even if they don't have a great angle. This will allow AI players to bump a player off the puck even twhen the puck carrier has their back to them
  • Fixed issue where shot accuracy was too high on hardcore gamestyle when spinning around before taking a slapshot
  • Fixed issue where in some cases, the AI goalie wouldn't track the shoowing position properly when a player was rolling the puck back before shooting in a shootout scenario
Be A Pro
  • Increased the likelihood of being drafted if the user starts in the CHL
  • Enabled the user to switch between Classic and Authentic styles after entering the mode
  • Decreased the likelihood of the game switching between Classic and Authentic automatically
  • Players will not get penalized for long shifts until 10 seconds after they are called to the bench
Coaching Feedback and On-Ice Trainer
  • On-Ice Trainer visualizations will now show up for both teams if there are local users on both the home and away teams
  • Feedback hints can now be shown when Control hints are disabled
  • Coaching Feedback - Classic BAP players will not lose excessive Endurance experience for long shifts
  • Coaching Feedback - Fix for some coaching instructions not clearing quickly enough
  • Coaching Feedback - Defensive letter grades now accumulate correctly in EASHL
  • Coaching Feedback - Tie-ups and stick lifts from faceoff grip positions were not counting as using that grip in coaching feedback
  • Coaching Feedback - Deflections no longer awarded to defensive players blocking shots
  • Coaching Feedback - Blocked shots that hit sticks no longer count as blocked passes if there was a recent pass
  • Coaching Feedback - Shot blocks now count if they hit your stick
Be A GM
  • Decreased amount of Team and Player meetings that occur during a season
  • Decreased the amount of points an average defenseman gets during a sim
  • Added a setting to Disable Team and Player Meetings
  • Decreased the impact of team chemisty on the sim engine
Presentation
  • Added the Moncton Wildcats 3rd Jersey
  • Added the Frolunda Indians Home and Away Jerseys
  • Added the Providence Bruins 3rd Jersey
  • Added the Nashville Predators Golden Alternate Jersey
  • Added the New York Islanders 3rd Jersey
  • Added the Hershey Bears 3rd Jersey
  • Added the Texas Stars Home and Away jerseys
  • Added the Wilkes Barre Penguins 3rd Jersey
  • Improvements for Grand Rapids Home and Away Name plate bar fix
  • Improvements for Kamloops Blazers Home and Away number color fixes, "C/A" placement fix
  • Fix the Montreal Canadiens Home jersey eyelet and collar lace
  • Updated various center ice designs for authenticity
  • Updated various goal horns and goal song timing for authenticity
  • Added 15 female heads to create player selection
  • Equipment - Added Brian's Sub Zero 3 Goalie pads, blocker and trapper
  • Equipment - Added Vaughn Vintage Goalie pads, blocker and trapper
  • Equipment - Added Ventus LT98 Goalie pads, blocker and trapper
  • Equipment - Added CCM 4-Roll Pro III glove

Game: NHL 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
NHL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 pm83 @ 11/10/15 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbpackerowner
Bottom line is
1. They do not test these before release...
2.They only care about what it does online...
3. They have no idea what they are doing...
4. All of the above...
Yeah. What patch brought us clearly shows that these are all "improvements" for online gaming. For example they wanted to fix poke check spamming from behind. So what it did? Tripping penalties are a joke now because every time you sweep and it touches opponents legs it makes player dive on ice. It's automatic 2 minutes. There are no animations to be seen where player stumbled, dropped on both knees etc. Just that dive.

I'm also seeing decreased stick collisions. You can just sweep and there's no effect. Stick goes through everything and doesn't have much impact on hitting the puck.

I would love to have option to download whatever patch I would like to use along with tuner I would want to use. But because that's not possible we sim-style hockey fans are stuck with this arcade-patch.

# 122 tc020791 @ 11/10/15 12:06 PM
I think you guys are crazy.

Did the game play well before? Yes. It produced a decent game of hockey and produced good stats. But there were also so many things wrong with the game before the patch.

Big differences since patch:

1. CPU no longer skates around in neutral zone and actually dumps the puck in. This was a huge pain before the patch and an extreme eye sore.

2. Players seem to be moving more realistically. It takes a game or two to get used to but I'm really enjoying the movement now, a lot less sliding, and a lot slower.

3. Puck isn't flying anymore. On clears, poke checks, and deflections, pucks are no longer flying half way around the rink in these instances anymore.

4. Shots are now way more varied. Guys are missing high and wide a lot more often and no longer am I seeing only 3 types of shots. Before you either missed the goal, hit the goalie in the stomach or the goalie made a glove save. Now I rarely see the goalie make a ridiculous glove save like I would almost every other possession before.

5. This point goes right along with #3 and #4. The goalies are much more realistic. They aren't catching everything, and deflections, as well as rebounds, are much more realistic looking.

I am still playing on my same exact super star sliders from pre patch and loving this game even more than before.

Nice job EA

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

# 123 pm83 @ 11/10/15 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791

Did the game play well before? Yes. It produced a decent game of hockey and produced good stats. But there were also so many things wrong with the game before the patch.

1. CPU no longer skates around in neutral zone and actually dumps the puck in. This was a huge pain before the patch and an extreme eye sore.

2. Players seem to be moving more realistically. It takes a game or two to get used to but I'm really enjoying the movement now, a lot less sliding, and a lot slower.

3. Puck isn't flying anymore. On clears, poke checks, and deflections, pucks are no longer flying half way around the rink in these instances anymore.

4. Shots are now way more varied. Guys are missing high and wide a lot more often and no longer am I seeing only 3 types of shots. Before you either missed the goal, hit the goalie in the stomach or the goalie made a glove save. Now I rarely see the goalie make a ridiculous glove save like I would almost every other possession before.

5. This point goes right along with #3 and #4. The goalies are much more realistic. They aren't catching everything, and deflections, as well as rebounds, are much more realistic looking.

I am still playing on my same exact super star sliders from pre patch and loving this game even more than before.

Nice job EA

I would love to try those sliders which can transform this crap to a gold. I think it all depends the sliders and playing style you are using. People see different things to be realistic and sim-style.

Great that you are having good times with new patch.

# 124 tc020791 @ 11/10/15 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm83
I would love to try those sliders which can transform this crap to a gold. I think it all depends the sliders and playing style you are using. People see different things to be realistic and sim-style.

Great that you are having good times with new patch.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...p?p=2047802880

# 125 Gbpackerowner @ 11/10/15 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791

Nice job EA

I'll agree that everyone's style of play and what they see as "sim" is different.. And yep I can adjust my sliders "again" to compensate for another patch.. It's just a pain in the .ss to have to keep doing that every flipping time to release a patch geared toward online play...

# 126 Solidd2355 @ 11/12/15 01:13 AM
Quote:
After more and more games with patch 1.04 I can confirm that NHL16 has transformed to a big joke. No matter if I used out-of-the-box tuner or latest one. Difference is just huge when thinking about couple of key aspects which made me enjoy this game offline vs cpu: pressure and varied hitting. Before the 1.04 patch I had hard time going in to a "war zone" because there was two men pressure on puck carrier and contact when entering to scoring sector. I just loved it. I had to cycle the puck to get better scoring places and earn that spot in front of the net. With 1.04 patch I can easily just walk in front of the net because there's no pressure at all! Defenders just skate near me but don't do anything. I tried all kind of slider combinations with Pro, All-Star and Superstar difficulties and results were the same: very weak defensive pressure.

So pressure is gone. What about that varied hitting then? Yeah. It seems that they've removed those little bumps which made you loose the puck but still stand on your skates when cpu bumped you from behind. There is still a contact but no effect at all. Player just continues skating towards the net and defender just finishes the animation with no effect.

When you combine weak pressure and decreased physical game you get awful defensive play by cpu. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one to say this but it's a game killer for me. Just weeks earlier I had the best games of console hockey in a long time. Now it's all gone.

I think this is the appropriate time to use Roy Burgundy's phrase: "Boy, that escalated quickly." Yeah. I'm done with this game.
Yup. You nailed it. I just signed up so I could reply to this. This is exactly what I am seeing now. It sucks. I literally can not play anymore. The cpu doesn't even try to pressure you now. It really hurts that they have ruined this game for me bc I love hockey and love NHL 16 up until now. EA always seems to neglect the single player. I wish I could just go back and undo this patch. I wish I never d/l it in the first place.

Anyone know of any other good sports games?

# 127 pm83 @ 11/12/15 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidd2355
Yup. You nailed it. I just signed up so I could reply to this. This is exactly what I am seeing now. It sucks. I literally can not play anymore. The cpu doesn't even try to pressure you now. It really hurts that they have ruined this game for me bc I love hockey and love NHL 16 up until now. EA always seems to neglect the single player. I wish I could just go back and undo this patch. I wish I never d/l it in the first place.

Anyone know of any other good sports games?
Yeah, the lack of pressure was the worst thing 1.04 patch delivered. I was also going to trade this game for Pro Evo 2016 but thought to gave this game one more shot yesterday after reading interesting things about Sknapple's sliders and I believe the cure is found.

So I tried Sknapple's sliders using True Broadcast cam for one game and was suprised. The pressure was back! I really liked the set and wanted to throw some of my favorite adjustments in the mix. So now I use Sknapple's sliders with pass interception 0/0, all shot accuracy 1/1, manual aim and lines, 9 minute periods. And enjoy this game again! Of course it won't work for everyone but for me this set is great. Pressure is back, cpu plays fair even with SS and cpu's passing is under 80%. Can't ask for more.

# 128 Solidd2355 @ 11/12/15 05:20 AM
Quote:
Yeah, the lack of pressure was the worst thing 1.04 patch delivered. I was also going to trade this game for Pro Evo 2016 but thought to gave this game one more shot yesterday after reading interesting things about Sknapple's sliders and I believe the cure is found.

So I tried Sknapple's sliders using True Broadcast cam for one game and was suprised. The pressure was back! I really liked the set and wanted to throw some of my favorite adjustments in the mix. So now I use Sknapple's sliders with pass interception 0/0, all shot accuracy 1/1, manual aim and lines, 9 minute periods. And enjoy this game again! Of course it won't work for everyone but for me this set is great. Pressure is back, cpu plays fair even with SS and cpu's passing is under 80%. Can't ask for more.

Upon finding out that you can delete your user profile and go back to no tuner, I realized my biggest issue was puck/stick collision. It just didn't exist anymore and no matter what sliders, I could easily maneuver around cpu players. Poke check and collision is back. All is saved.

# 129 pm83 @ 11/12/15 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidd2355
Upon finding out that you can delete your user profile and go back to no tuner, I realized my biggest issue was puck/stick collision. It just didn't exist anymore and no matter what sliders, I could easily maneuver around cpu players. Poke check and collision is back. All is saved.
Great! I've usually been using original tuner and probably will try original with Sknapple's set too. It's always been the best one in the long run.

# 130 jake19ny @ 11/12/15 06:52 AM
Funny my first game post patch I saw the same passive game and no penalties with my sliders I was using pre patch. I then played on default and still saw the same garbage. I went back to my sliders and the game pretty much plays to me like it did pre-patch. It may have to do with resetting sliders to default then setting them again. I mention this in my slider thread and still do it before every game. I have played about 10 games post patch now and it plays like it did pre patch and I get a good amount of penalties. Game still has major issues for me and it's missing inexcusable things in the offline mode but if I can maintain this gameplay I have now it will be somewhat playable and I will attempt a season. It's just sad that after last years disaster we have to settle for somewhat playable. It's also driving me crazy that they keep putting jersey updates and presentation updates in the roster updates, it's make it near impossible to start a season and were midway through November.

# 131 NDIrishRangers78 @ 11/12/15 12:44 PM
Anyone notice that after this patch, if 2 people play on the same team, some times your player will receive the puck and can't move and can only pass it? It's really ruining my coop franchise I have going with my brother....forgive me if this issue has been posted already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 132 NDIrishRangers78 @ 11/12/15 01:59 PM
Anyone have any insight? This is seriously ruining this game for me....I've updated my controllers, my Xbox auto updated last night....could that have something to do with it? Thanks guys

# 133 brandon27 @ 11/14/15 11:18 PM
I really have no idea what EA is up to with this game. It started out... bad. I'm strictly talking gameplay here. It got better with a few patches and tuner updates. (The last of which... I believe was maybe two tuners ago) and I really started to like this game again. It wasn't great, but it was fun to play. I stuck it in tonight... got prompted in game for a tuner update....

What a damn mistake. It's like starting all over again. Personally, I'm sick of it. They release a tuner. It is what it is, i find a way with sliders and play style to make it fun. Then... another tuner. It's a disaster. It's like starting all over every few damn weeks with this game. The latest tuner, is awful to me. My old sliders, or default, it's just brutal. I check the CPU while with the puck, he falls, and quickly rebounds to his feet before I can even collect the puck. My guys get hit, and are down as if they'd been concussed and have no idea where they are and it's an easy turnover. I go to check a cpu player in the corner, he morphs into some crazy impossible pass animation and i just... check the air around him as he pulls it off. Don't even get me started on the comeback AI. I was on a 5 on 3 PP and got destroyed for a goal. Like, the passes, the inability of my defenders to hit, or defend, it was terrible, then... there it was, that quick, impossibly pass from the corner, to the slot for the one time goal by a nobody.. BOOOORRRRINNNGGG. Just put down the controller and watch it happen.

Personally, I had some fun with this game for a while. Right now though, it's become a trade in, get something for it while I still can and wait for it to hit EA access so I can play it for "free" again. I can't take this title serious when every few weeks there's a new tuner that completely changes the gameplay. Especially when it seems its always getting worse for the offline player.

Unless I relax a bit, and give it another shot tomorrow to adjust things, like I said, I'm trading it in, and I'm out until it hits EA Access and then, I won't be back likely until the AI and gameplay are completely overhauled. It's... terrible to say the least.

This series has a long way to go IMO. It's taken some great strides since hitting XB1/PS4. Especially after the NHL 15 mess, but damn... its so blatantly obvious that the gameplay, is years and years behind where it should be.

# 134 MDgolf @ 11/15/15 08:07 AM
Downloaded the tuner and had a great game not many penalties but was a strong defensive game with great goaltending

# 135 madrouin @ 11/22/15 11:37 AM
I'm on Xbox One and I didn't receive a notificationfor the patch....How can I download the patch ? My wi-fi is fine and i'm connected.

# 136 shogunofharlem3 @ 11/22/15 12:26 PM
It automatically downloads. Most patches you never know you get.

# 137 madrouin @ 11/22/15 12:39 PM
I know but i also know I'm not have it because I have not acces to the new 3rd jersey for Avalaches, Islanders and DUcks

# 138 Gangrel @ 11/22/15 12:44 PM
Download the latest roster and make it active.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

# 139 MizzouRah @ 11/25/15 03:20 PM
Can anyone confirm this bug post patch?

When your team gets a major penalty and a game misconduct (in my cases, it has been boarding), the player goes off to the dressing room and then for the rest of the game, the CPU team plays on the power play. So you're playing 5v4 for the whole game instead of 5 minutes.

This has happened the last two games that I had major penalties, the first time it was late in the 3rd so I didn't really care. The last game, it happened in the 2nd period and finally.. about halfway into the 3rd period, I had to quit because I was giving up goals left and right because my PP unit was exhausted.

I reported this in the bug thread.. but wondered if anyone has seen this yet?

# 140 MDgolf @ 11/25/15 03:51 PM
Haven't seen that yet

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.