Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

A new Madden NFL 16 roster update has just arrived. Check out the blog here and a PDF of all the changes here.

This roster marks the mid-season update, which includes a lot of big changes, roster moves, free agent signings and more.

It also adds Tyron Smith to the list of 99 overall rated players, joining Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, J.J. Watt, Rob Gronkowski, Marshal Yanda and Von Miller.

GOING UP
Stefan Diggs | WR, MIN | +5 OVR (82 OVR)
Doug Martin | HB, TB | +3 OVR (88 OVR)
Carson Palmer | QB, ARZ | +3 OVR (94)

GOING DOWN
Jason Witten | TE, DAL | -4 OVR (88 OVR)
Colin Kaepernick (benched) | QB, SF | -3 OVR (77 OVR)
Vontae Davis | CB, IND | -3 OVR (91 OVR)

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Forever.DeAnte @ 11/06/15 05:58 PM
Carson Palmer is AZ, not CIN

# 2 Kingd803 @ 11/06/15 10:06 PM
Find it crazy that there are eight 99 overall rated players. When I think of 99 overall I think all time greats. Just another aera of the game I strongly disagree with their direction. Sadly it seems almost everything they implement I disagree with the way they go about doing it. Sucks because football is my biggest passion and I buy nba 2k every year instead. And it's not that Madden is a bad video game overall. It's just that they seem to go the opposite of wbat I want,

# 3 Kenjbrand @ 11/06/15 10:15 PM
Do they alter draft picks in roster updates? I was checking out my 49ers and I see we lost Vernon Davis but didn't get the picks from Denver

# 4 jerwoods @ 11/06/15 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenjbrand
Do they alter draft picks in roster updates? I was checking out my 49ers and I see we lost Vernon Davis but didn't get the picks from Denver
they never change picks

# 5 Find_the_Door @ 11/06/15 10:46 PM
So Witten is phantom decreased 4 whole points.... not to mention Romo who's decreased 2 points for seemingly nothing being that he can't play at the moment? Guess they tuned into practice and deemed his accuracy a touch off.......

# 6 kse79x @ 11/07/15 09:27 AM
Have to be honest. If there a real need to have roster updates every single week? I dont know how much time is put into them, but Id rather have all resources on bug fixes and improving the game instead.

# 7 roadman @ 11/07/15 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kse79x
Have to be honest. If there a real need to have roster updates every single week? I dont know how much time is put into them, but Id rather have all resources on bug fixes and improving the game instead.
There is a patch coming in a few weeks. EA is a big enough company, they can handle weekly updates, but I'm not a fan of it.

# 8 azdawgpound @ 11/07/15 09:50 AM
I don't get why players who haven't even seen the field this yr are getting decrease's?

Josh Gordon who's been a 87 all this yr gets a -4 drop for what? He's suspended...

Robert Turbin who was mostly injuried this whole season was a 78 and he dropped like 5 or more points he's now like a 75 or 74.

I don't think they should be weekly I think more like monthly so instead of like 17 updates we get 4.

# 9 mmorg @ 11/07/15 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
Robert Turbin who was mostly injuried this whole season was a 78 and he dropped like 5 or more points he's now like a 75 or 74.
Turbin has been playing and has fumbled 3 times now in his last 5 touches. He deserves a hit on his ratings.

# 10 azdawgpound @ 11/07/15 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Turbin has been playing and has fumbled 3 times now in his last 5 touches. He deserves a hit on his ratings.
Yea but his ratings dropped before he started playing he was highest rated rb @ 78 then he dropped and went to 3rd highest.

I can see dropping with the fumbles but not dropping any points when he's only played in like 3 games I've seen players with worst then having 3 fumbles and not lose a point.

# 11 kenchun24 @ 11/07/15 03:07 PM
1.) I have know idea why EA just trashed the Raiders o-line and defense front & back seven for this midseason update. Folks have been able to pass on them in junktime only as of late, with most yards happening in prevent mode during the 4th qtr...and the Raids are absolutely shutting down the run with the #2 ranked rush D (Chris Ivory was rolling along this year until he got stuffed by Oakland's front: 15 car for 17 yrds last week). Have know idea why Mack and Aldon dropped 7/8 points each. They have been great vs. the run/pass coverage with sack totals that could improve a bit. But at least GOAT C-Wood has broken the 90 rating barrier with his stellar year.

2.) The Raiders o-line has been in the top 3 to 8 nearly every week in 2015: PFF line grades Raiders #3 in pass blocking, sacks allowed all year (8), #15 in rushing.

So c'mon EA, get with the program. These young Raiders are trending up and getting better every week. That Cincy loss from week one seems ages ago, and lost by a total of 8 points at the Bears and vs. the Donks (that they should have beat if Jano just makes his 2 FGs the lemon).

Also a little crow serving here from an earlier roster rating release...

Me: "BTW Derek Carr's 79 will pass Teddy B's (really kind) 82 quickly, and Latavius Murray, Crabtree, Cooper, Walford (not to mention Khalil Mack under DelRio & Ken Norton Jr) will for sure bump the Raids to 84 by week 6. The Silver and Black are back."

Sheba: "It is quite comical to keep reading a Raiders fan, by Week 6 the Raiders will be 1-5 and their Madden rating will be lucky to be a 74."

Sorry Sheba, eat that crow nom nom nom... Oakland, at 4-3, curb stomped the Jets. Ran all over them passed all over them, hurt both Hipsterpatrick and Geno. If the Raids can beat the Steelers this week, they control pole position of that AFC Wildcard and hopefully they keep improving and peaking through December. They could be a dangerous team if they make the postseason.

Ahhh....I can see it now, tie ball game, Pats driving, 3rd down and 5, Brady back to pass, Edelman slips on his route in the snow, Gronk double covered by Malcolm Smith & TJ Carrie and BOOM! Khalil Mack strips sacks Brady! The Ball is looose, GOAT C-Wood picks up the ball (a CLEAR Brady fumble lol) and takes it to the house for the game winning TD! Touchdowwnnnn Raaaiidderrss!

C-Wood getting revenge for the Tuck Rule Debacle so long ago, via road playoff upset win would be so glorious and the story of the NFL year lol.

# 12 Mikeysweetfolks @ 11/07/15 08:51 PM
**** Yeah !!! Raiders Nation ascending

Sent from my C6530N using Tapatalk

# 13 Mikeysweetfolks @ 11/07/15 09:00 PM
And **** Tom "tuck rule" Brady...I broke his right finger Sprained his ankle and dislocated Eddlman's should in an online game last week ,but you can't do anything stop Gronkoski because they made him so highly overated

Sent from my C6530N using Tapatalk

# 14 acesquared @ 11/08/15 02:59 PM
Quote:
AWR: 84 (-4)
what. that's it?

Eli Manning threw 6 TDs with no turnovers and had a better passer rating than Brees.

# 15 onin9190 @ 11/09/15 05:58 PM
Hey guys a new roster update yay. I guess they have extra time on their hands since they fixed all the bugs right?

# 16 roadman @ 11/09/15 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onin9190
Hey guys a new roster update yay. I guess they have extra time on their hands since they fixed all the bugs right?
Huh? A patch is arriving in a few weeks or so. It's out of their hands and in the console certification stage.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.