Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

According to LD2K, NBA 2K16 patch #3 has been submitted to Sony and Microsoft. Typically patches arrive within a week or 2 after submission for PlayStation users, with a longer wait for Microsoft gamers.

Thanks to Jhawkfootball06, below are SOME of the details for the patch, full patch notes will be revealed when the patch arrives.

Patch 3 Changes

Q: When will the third patch be released?
A: It should be finished this week... Then off to MS and Sony

Q: CPU being overpowered in Pro-Am.
A: This will be addressed in patch 3.

Q: Are blocks being addressed?
A: We're just nerfing poorly rated shot blockers so guys like JJ Redick aren't throwing shots like Lebron.
A: Blocks are being addressed in Patch 3.

Q: Is there a chance we could see stationary stepbacks and step shots get a healthy boost (especially when open) for the players that can do them (or have high ratings and relevant badges)?
A: This one's tricky, Sundown. Currently, standing stepback jumpers are treated the same as other "skill" shots like spin jumpers and pull-up J's. So to fix zig-zagging pull-ups, all of these shots took a pretty big hit. I need to put standing stepbacks in a separate category to be able to boost JUST those shot types, so it's something that we'd have to address in the patch. I'll investigate that today.

Q: Does shooting and Patch 3 tweaks apply in already in progress MyCareers?
A: Yes. They apply everywhere.

Q: Regarding stepback jumpers.
A: I think we have a solution for Patch 3. Until then, it's kind of hacky, but there is a workaround. If you hold LS away, tap Shoot to do the stepback jumper, but then pause for a brief moment (technically, breaking out of the shot to a live dribble, then shooting immediately after) rather than doing it as a Tap+Press&Hold mechanic, you can still create space with the stepback and then branch into the shot portion without incurring the penalty.

Q: Getting an off balance "contested" shot when you don't complete your dribble.
A: It will be patched.
A: Yes, this is what I was referring to when I said it will be patched. Guys playing fadeaway contested anims at inappropriate times. The defensive threshold to trigger those shot animations is just way too low. Nothing is changing with shot percentages... it's just an aesthetic change.

Q: Gameplay updates.
A: We've made a number of significant gameplay fixes for this 3rd patch and my time has been swamped trying to test and balance gameplay before it goes out the door, while also starting new designs and feature work on 2k17. So as much as I'd love to mess with you guys by tweaking the game every day, that's simply not a good use of time.

Shooting Changes

Q: Contested shots at the rim.
A: The change I made only impacts contact shots. Across the board, you should see those drop less. But you can tell by the animation, if the collision looks heavy (defender noticeably knocking the shooter off balance for example), the shot % gets dropped much lower than if the collision looks light (shooter is getting hit by the defender but his layup looks relatively undisturbed.)

Q: What constitutes an "excellent shooter" for these wide open 3 %s you've adjusted?
A: I don't want to give away how our shot heuristics work, but basically, anybody above a 75 rating would see a slight increase in wide open 3's since Saturday. The higher the rating, the bigger the increase. But again, the boost was pretty conservative.

Q: Contested threes.
A: Yeah, I didn't touch contested 3s at all. I can make a tweak there as well if you guys all feel it's a problem. Seems like most people are seeing plenty of bricks on well contested 3s though, so it's a little scary to hit them even harder. It's also possible that what you're perceiving as a well contested 3, is actually considered open as far as the game is concerned. That would change how I go about fixing your issue.

Q: What did the two shooting updates do?
A: The two updates mentioned by bcruise are the only shot % updates made to date. The first was to lower middies, the second to lower contact layups. I have noticed a significant increase in 3pt success since day 1 (primarily in the park), but I attribute that mostly to you guys getting better at the game and your players' leveling up over time.

Roster Updates

Q: Is there any type of live DNA updating that affects players day-to-day based on NBA day-to-day activities?
A: Mike Stauffer is our roster guy and is making regular updates, yes.

Other Updates

Q: Deadeye badge in NBA 2K16 compared to last year.
A: Deadeye was way too OP last year, essentially it made the game think that closing defenders were not there at all. It's still one of the strongest shooting badges, but we did have to neutralize it a bit.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 kabamaru @ 11/13/15 06:21 AM
So WHEN is it going live? We have been hearing that has been submitted 2 weeks now

# 22 ksuttonjr76 @ 11/13/15 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redux1000
A month to approve? That seems unnecessarily slow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was just joking...being an X-Box user, it felt like it took FOREVER last year for the patch to drop for the XB1.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...te-thread.html

# 23 TreyIM2 @ 11/13/15 07:13 AM
Blown dunks, too frequently blown defensive assignments , long d (pause) pass completions by the CPU a and the substitution problem in freestyle where trying to swap out players rarely works being fixed would do wonders for me. Can't think of much else, atm

# 24 mauricehines23 @ 11/13/15 08:24 AM
Will we they ever bring the 1-3-1 zone defense back?

# 25 STLRams @ 11/13/15 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauricehines23
Don't think that will be returning.

# 26 Gosens6 @ 11/13/15 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
So WHEN is it going live? We have been hearing that has been submitted 2 weeks now
That's just false. We've been hearing that they were close to submitting it for two weeks now. It was just submitted the other day.

# 27 Hustle Westbrook @ 11/13/15 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauricehines23
Hell no.

# 28 coolcras7 @ 11/13/15 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadeo23
I haven't seen any player sweat or post game highlights yet on PS4 for 12 minute quarters. Hopefully this is fixed in the patch
highlight likely won't or can't be fixed on the PS4 on 12 minute games, 8 is the magic number and even with that you can't play back to back games or go into overtime or pause your game and come back.

# 29 chadeo23 @ 11/13/15 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
highlight likely won't or can't be fixed on the PS4 on 12 minute games, 8 is the magic number and even with that you can't play back to back games or go into overtime or pause your game and come back.
What? Really!? That is a MAJOR flaw if it's not fixable. Why would it not be fixable though? Seems like something they could work out...especially player sweat

# 30 coolcras7 @ 11/13/15 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadeo23
What? Really!? That is a MAJOR flaw if it's not fixable. Why would it not be fixable though? Seems like something they could work out...especially player sweat
its a design flaw on the pS4, one that 2k has not been able to find a work around.

# 31 TalenT @ 11/13/15 11:42 AM
I know a lot of people have said that they love the blocks and to leave them as is. I actually think they needed a change and I'm glad to see that "JJ Redick" won't be chasing me down on a fastbreak anymore. EVERYBODY was getting spectacular blocks.

# 32 Sundown @ 11/13/15 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
This part has to be a joke???

Mike is saying they've fixed step backs. He's just suggesting a workaround before the patch that resets the step back penalty. It sort of works but isn't very effective with a close defender since letting the step back animation go back to a live dribble causes a hitch when shooting.

# 33 ballin2k0 @ 11/13/15 12:16 PM
THE PATCH IS UP ON PS4 RIGHT NOW!!!

# 34 jwill_23 @ 11/13/15 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin2k0
What are your thoughts on what they fixed?

# 35 ballin2k0 @ 11/13/15 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwill_23
What are your thoughts on what they fixed?
just started dl it its 2.5 gb i cant wait to try it though

# 36 jmaj315 @ 11/13/15 12:26 PM
why am i downloading nba 2k vers. 1.03 then?

# 37 kongemeier @ 11/13/15 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin2k0
Just wanted to confirm this that it's out in EU also (I'm in Denmark).

Can't wait to try it!

# 38 jwill_23 @ 11/13/15 12:32 PM
I just hope they fixed the computer generated draft classes by giving them signature size-ups, free throws, and celebrations/rituals.

# 39 Steve_OS @ 11/13/15 12:40 PM
It's out for PS4.

Closing this thread.

Continue discussion here.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ation-4-a.html

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.