Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

RONDA ROUSEY FEATURES ON THE COVER OF EA SPORTS UFC 2 OUT SPRING 2016

EA SPORTS Reveals Full Set of Innovative Features, All-New Game Modes, and Game-Changing Visuals So Fans Can Finish the Fight

Electronic Arts Inc. today announced EA SPORTS™ UFC® 2 will launch this Spring, featuring UFC® bantamweight champion “Rowdy” Ronda Rousey as the game’s global lead cover athlete, check out the new trailer here. Rousey, the undefeated UFC champion (12-0), is the most dominant and recognized fighter in the world. Hear what Rousey thinks about the cover and get a first look of the champ in the virtual Octagon® here.

“EA Sports is a cultural barometer to know what’s going on in sports at the moment,” said Rousey. “As a gamer myself, it’s pretty surreal to be on the cover of the game and to have a woman on the cover of a UFC game shows a lot of progress. I’m really happy to be involved with it.”

EA SPORTS UFC 2 takes the franchise’s stunning character likeness and animation to another level, adds an all-new Knockout Physics System and authentic gameplay features, and introduces the biggest ever roster of real-world fighters in a MMA game who will step back into the Octagon on Xbox One and PlayStation®4.

“Like any champion fighter going into their next fight, we listened to our corner – in our case, the fans – and took a detailed look at everything we can do to take the fight game to a whole new level,” said Creative Director Brian Hayes. “We’re doing that by introducing innovative gameplay features, delivering a game mode for every fighter regardless of their style of play, and adding helpful tools so fans can master MMA, all while producing the jaw-dropping visuals that fans expect.”

Rousey will defend her title tomorrow in the Octagon at UFC® 193: ROUSEY vs. HOLM at Etihad Stadium, to mark the first UFC event in Melbourne, Australia. This event will also make UFC history as the first time two women’s world title bouts will headline a PPV event.

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Money99 @ 11/17/15 08:02 AM
I think Rousey is the obvious choice.

Rousey was unbeaten and considered nearly invincible. Not to mention she's good looking and well spoken.
She was drawing in fans from all over and getting non-fans to discuss MMA.

In my opinion, that makes her the perfect choice as a cover athlete.
In fact, I believe it works even after her loss as well.
Over the weekend, I got together with a few buddies and even those who don't follow MMA were talking about it.
Love or hate her, a lot of people - especially casual and non-fans of the sport - associate UFC with Ronda Rousey.

# 22 bugkill1sf @ 11/17/15 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I think Rousey is the obvious choice.

Rousey was unbeaten and considered nearly invincible. Not to mention she's good looking and well spoken.
She was drawing in fans from all over and getting non-fans to discuss MMA.

In my opinion, that makes her the perfect choice as a cover athlete.
In fact, I believe it works even after her loss as well.
Over the weekend, I got together with a few buddies and even those who don't follow MMA were talking about it.
Love or hate her, a lot of people - especially casual and non-fans of the sport - associate UFC with Ronda Rousey.
The best thing that happen to the UFC, happened Saturday night, and that was Rousey getting beaten. She is an outstanding fighter and was dominate in a weak field of women fighters, but the damn media and Dana White annoited her as the most dominate athlete on the planet due to her gender, and it was fantastic that Holm squashed that BS narrative.

I respect the hell out of Rousey because of skills as a fighter, but I absolutely hated how the media tried to prop her up. Yes, it brought more casual fans to the sport, but you don't sell the soul of the sport and have it ride on one women's shoulders, especially when she never been tested by a woman who was truly not afraid of her in a weak division of fighters.

Rousey is getting all the hate because she brought it on herself for coming off as being very self centered and disrespectful at times, as if she was the baddest bitch on the planet. Well, Holm walked all over her and Rousey was at her best that night. Rousey will never have a easy fight ever again because more women will feel that they can beat her.

# 23 dubcity @ 11/17/15 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Welp. Guess the EA curse is real.

Yep, Odell Beckham Jr. is having a horrible season.

# 24 Sheba2011 @ 11/17/15 11:57 PM
I am not surprised Rousey is the cover athlete, she is one of the most overrated and overhyped athletes since Tim Tebow. I was so glad to see her lose that fight, knocked her back down to earth. She is a good fighter don't get me wrong, but people calling her the greatest fighter ever was starting to get out of control.

# 25 Sheba2011 @ 11/18/15 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Yep, Odell Beckham Jr. is having a horrible season.
The Madden Curse resulted in one of two things happening: severe decline in play or injury. OBJ is still playing at an Elite level but the season is far from over. Ray Lewis's "curse" didn't happen until week 15.

# 26 dubcity @ 11/18/15 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
The Madden Curse resulted in one of two things happening: severe decline in play or injury. OBJ is still playing at an Elite level but the season is far from over. Ray Lewis's "curse" didn't happen until week 15.

Well, counting injuries in the whole curse thing is beyond ridiculous anyway, considering players get hurt every single week. If ODJ tweaks his ankle and misses 1-2 weeks, that somehow will count towards it. Lol, it's so damn stupid.

# 27 Sheba2011 @ 11/18/15 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Well, counting injuries in the whole curse thing is beyond ridiculous anyway, considering players get hurt every single week. If ODJ tweaks his ankle and misses 1-2 weeks, that somehow will count towards it. Lol, it's so damn stupid.
1999: Garrison Hearst breaks his ankle
2003: Marshal Faulk battled numerous injuries from knee to hamstring
2004: Mike Vick breaks his leg
2005: Ray Lewis wrist injury
2006: Donovan McNabb misses 7 games due to injury
2007: Shaun Alexander misses 6 games with a broken foot
2008: Luis Castillo (Spanish version of Madden) breaks his tibia
2010: Troy Polamalu only played in 5 games due to knee injury
2012: Peyton Hillis misses 6 games with various injuries
2014: AP misses two games with a foot injury
2015: Richard Sherman injures his elbow in the NFC championship game, was scheduled to have surgery but called it off.

Injuries do happen everyday but are you saying it's a complete coincidence that all these players got injured the year they appeared on the cover?

# 28 dubcity @ 11/18/15 01:48 PM
Quote:

Injuries do happen everyday but are you saying it's a complete coincidence that all these players got injured the year they appeared on the cover?

It's not about coincidences, it's about the fact that so many players get hurt every year, miss 2 weeks, play through injuries, etc. The qualifications for being cursed are ridiculously low. What % of even just skill position guys get hurt and/or miss at least a couple of weeks every season? It's a ton. Throw in guys having a decline in performance, or a team struggling, and it would be hard to not pick a guy who fits one of the qualifications.

# 29 fballturkey @ 11/18/15 07:14 PM
Quote:
1999: Garrison Hearst breaks his ankle
2003: Marshal Faulk battled numerous injuries from knee to hamstring
2004: Mike Vick breaks his leg
2005: Ray Lewis wrist injury
2006: Donovan McNabb misses 7 games due to injury
2007: Shaun Alexander misses 6 games with a broken foot
2008: Luis Castillo (Spanish version of Madden) breaks his tibia
2010: Troy Polamalu only played in 5 games due to knee injury
2012: Peyton Hillis misses 6 games with various injuries
2014: AP misses two games with a foot injury
2015: Richard Sherman injures his elbow in the NFC championship game, was scheduled to have surgery but called it off.

Yes, it's absolutely a complete coincidence. Notice how many years you left out, how many were only a game or two, and one year you even had to reach for the Spanish version.

# 30 SmashMan @ 11/18/15 07:40 PM
Quote:
...are you saying you believe injuries can be attributed to players being selected for a video game cover?

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.