Home
FIFA 16 News Post

FIFA 16 title update #4, which was released for PC users a few days ago, is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One users. Details below.

FIFA Ultimate Team
  • The ability to quickly change price values when listing items on the transfer market.
  • Adjusted the likelihood of foggy weather during online matches.
  • Added the ability to search your club items by Nationality.
Gameplay Improvements
  • Improved through ball accuracy when close to the sideline.
  • Improved pass receiver selection.
  • Improvements made to balance sprinting dribble turns.

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Tonyafc23 @ 12/01/15 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

FIFA 16 title update #4, which was released for PC users a few days ago, is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One users. Details below.

FIFA Ultimate Team
  • The ability to quickly change price values when listing items on the transfer market.
  • Adjusted the likelihood of foggy weather during online matches.
  • Added the ability to search your club items by Nationality.
Gameplay Improvements
  • Improved through ball accuracy when close to the sideline.
  • Improved pass receiver selection.
  • Improvements made to balance sprinting dribble turns.
How does it play? Does it feel better? reading mixed reviews?

# 2 PPerfect_CJ @ 12/01/15 09:14 AM
Pretty weak patch, but I wasn't really expecting much. I know they won't patch it in, but I really, really hope that they finally give us the ability to mix and match kit parts next year. United has apparently switched to white socks with their home kits and we're stuck with only using black, when we could easily change them to white if they would just handle the selection screen the way Madden does.

# 3 mfp @ 12/01/15 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
Pretty weak patch, but I wasn't really expecting much. I know they won't patch it in, but I really, really hope that they finally give us the ability to mix and match kit parts next year. United has apparently switched to white socks with their home kits and we're stuck with only using black, when we could easily change them to white if they would just handle the selection screen the way Madden does.
Several years ago this was addressed by the devs - it's a licensing issue that isn't something that can simply be added. They told us it's something that specifically has to be including in their negotiations.

Considering that mix and match kits is likely something only that could be used offline because of the complexities it would add to multiplayer matchmaking, I'd imagine it's a very low priority for EA. It's a feature I've been wishing for for many years but I'd be shocked to see it added.

# 4 PPerfect_CJ @ 12/01/15 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp
Several years ago this was addressed by the devs - it's a licensing issue that isn't something that can simply be added. They told us it's something that specifically has to be including in their negotiations.

Considering that mix and match kits is likely something only that could be used offline because of the complexities it would add to multiplayer matchmaking, I'd imagine it's a very low priority for EA. It's a feature I've been wishing for for many years but I'd be shocked to see it added.
With the money they make from FUT, they need to pony up and get this added for us. Offline players are people, too.

# 5 Tonyafc23 @ 12/01/15 10:59 AM
Quote:
Agreed lacking customisation. Plaued few games now defending has definitely improved and through balls are not like rockets

# 6 DBMcGee3 @ 12/01/15 11:23 AM
Meh, I don't mind small patches if they come regularly, and I do feel that those are 3 areas of the gameplay that needed tweaking.

I would kill for them to add the team practice mode back in, but I'm guessing that'll never happen. Sometimes you just wanna dick around, listen to the soundtrack, and practice passing and shooting on the SAME CAMERA that you actually play the game with.

C'mon EA....pretty please?

# 7 HenryClay1844 @ 12/01/15 12:05 PM
Intrigued by the possibility of improved pass receiver selection. I play manual passing and there are some utterly horrible auto-switches to the wrong pass receiver. Recently had my target man jump over a ball that he would have easily scored on for an auto-switched winger who had a much harder shot. I also always see terrible switches to offsides players I wasn't close to passing to.

# 8 Sub_ZERO2777 @ 12/01/15 03:10 PM
No patches for career mode ...maybe one day Ea fixes the transfers

# 9 JayD @ 12/01/15 03:18 PM
Absolutely no career mode fixes. Weak EA, very weak.

# 10 dubcity @ 12/01/15 03:27 PM
Quote:
Offline players are people, too.

We are? I think we're being phased out, lol. Our stingy $60 per year just doesn't cut it when compared to what people spend on FIFA points and packs.

# 11 stocksy @ 12/01/15 03:28 PM
EA! EA! Addressing game play issues in a small patch not holding it all up into one patch! You suck EA.

EA sucks right??

What with the multiple "reads like paid adverts" reviews and articles and now this after release gameplay patch.

I don't think people on OS hate EA enough.

All the cool kids hate EA.

Seriously though... The ball near the sideline thing was annoying looking forward to seeing what impact this has.

# 12 JayD @ 12/01/15 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
We are? I think we're being phased out, lol. Our stingy $60 per year just doesn't cut it when compared to what people spend on FIFA points and packs.
I feel sorry for people that pay for coins to improve a digital team that no one cares about other than yourself.

# 13 jvalverde88 @ 12/01/15 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I feel sorry for people that pay for coins to improve a digital team that no one cares about other than yourself.
Why? Its their money, they could do whatever the hell they want.

# 14 boxers @ 12/01/15 06:24 PM
Quote:
Because someone other than you cares about stuff you do in Fifa (which you spent $60 on)?

Hope this was sarcasm that I missed. Otherwise, illogical and irrelevant point.

Back on topic, haven't noticed a difference post patch yet.

# 15 talucchesi @ 12/01/15 06:25 PM
Quote:
Technically, we all do the same thing

# 16 DirectFX @ 12/01/15 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talucchesi
Technically, we all do the same thing
Not the career mode players. Never saw a YouTube video with a career mode player screaming and having an orgasm over a stupid digital pack of cards in which he pulled an in form player. Be same as going nuts over making a transfer for a great player omg yes I bought Ronaldo holy **** !!! But no there's no dumb videos on YouTube with career mode players doing that. The main thing not the same is paying EA anymore $$$ on top of the original price of $60 which the FUT players do en masses and it's why the devs care so much about that mode as all those micro transactions after initial purchase are just gravy to them as in the past it was only initial price but now they milk the FUT like crazy. Not just FIFA its every sports game now that has UT type mode where they have items, packs etc for extra micro transactions. So please don't try to make FUT and career/club players anywhere the same as that extra money is huge as see ads on these forums spamming coins it's gotten overboard

Best idea be a game called UT is released seperatly and include Fifa, madden, nba, nhl etc versions and it's only UT . Then have normal sports titles like before UT with main concentration on the actual gameplay, career mode, online, and clubs ..

Now about upgrade glad they did add something to gameplay which kinda is small addition to career mode as they go together. Not surprised first main points are about UT ugh ... But something better than nothing .

# 17 SpHSpH @ 12/01/15 07:47 PM
I am still not sure how to know if this update has downloaded.

I am on XBoxOne.

I was not prompted for anything when I fired up FIFA moments ago.

Does it download the update "behind the scenes"? My XBoxOne is connected to the internet throughout the day ...

# 18 jvalverde88 @ 12/01/15 08:13 PM
You guys do know that there are different devs for each mode right? And spare me with the "EA only cares about UT" rhetoric, pretty sure that all the money made from that mode was able to help get licenses.

# 19 dubcity @ 12/01/15 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
You guys do know that there are different devs for each mode right? And spare me with the "EA only cares about UT" rhetoric, pretty sure that all the money made from that mode was able to help get licenses.

Yes, we've heard that about 100 times. Different dev teams. The career mode dev team must only work 3-4 months out of the year.

I'm not sure why people get mad when it's pointed out that UT gets like 90% of the attention from EA post-release. OS is pretty much the only place where people even bring that up, lol.

# 20 pntdj @ 12/01/15 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
I am still not sure how to know if this update has downloaded.

I am on XBoxOne.

I was not prompted for anything when I fired up FIFA moments ago.

Does it download the update "behind the scenes"? My XBoxOne is connected to the internet throughout the day ...
It does automatically download it. If it is connected throughout the day then it should have downloaded it. In my games and apps games that have been updated will have a little star in the top right corner. If your Xbox hadn't downloaded it then when you started up FIFA it would've told you the game needs an update and downloaded it before you could play.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.