Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Just announced at the PlayStation Experience, Josh Donaldson is the cover athlete for MLB 16 The Show. Will get trailer up in a bit. The game arrives on March 29, for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 (No Vita).

UPDATE: Here is the MLB 16 The Show trailer.

MLB The Show 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB The Show 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 doughron @ 12/05/15 02:48 PM
i know its VERY EARLY. Just hope they cut down on the red jerseys being worn by the crowd at Rogers Centre. Should be like 90% blue jerseys. Super pumped for the closed roof though!

# 22 Spokker @ 12/05/15 02:51 PM
Classic stadiums + Diamond Dynasty + Legends is going to be awesome. I really hope it's not PS3 only.

# 23 Factzzz @ 12/05/15 02:53 PM
Player models look unimproved again, jerseys still look bad. Still early though, so we'll see how the final product looks.

At least JD got a new face scan and apparently closed roof options are in.

No new accessories, as Bautista was still wearing generic gear opposed to New Balance shoes and Marucci batting gloves.

Numbers on Red Sox jersey still too low?

Possible classic cards or something as they have Ichiro on the Mariners, A-Rod on the Rangers, and Greinke on Royals cards.

They got the "6" sign Donaldson does after every home run.

Don't know why they have Rizzo with the slap follow through.

Also has a "MVP" edition.

# 24 lalblc @ 12/05/15 02:54 PM
Please let there be STAT TRACKING this year. They have been holding stat tracking hostage for too long.

# 25 nbacoventry @ 12/05/15 02:55 PM
What is the song in the video?

# 26 Blzer @ 12/05/15 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughron
i know its VERY EARLY. Just hope they cut down on the red jerseys being worn by the crowd at Rogers Centre. Should be like 90% blue jerseys. Super pumped for the closed roof though!
I was going to mention that, but then I started thinking it might tie in with that Conquest thing that's being discussed. Chicago had a lot of red jerseys too. I know they were playing the Cardinals, but still.

Anyway, there might be something to that.

# 27 Denzel Washington @ 12/05/15 03:00 PM
New Legends include Gary Carter, Rollie Fingers, Tony Gwynn, Reggie Jackson, Joe Morgan and Ryne Sandberg

Throwback Cards Miggy, Greinke, Pujols, Arod, CC Sabathia and Ichiro

# 28 Blzer @ 12/05/15 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
Closed roofs are in based on the HD video. The video in the OP cut it off. Rogers Centre was closed.
I didn't catch this. I'm not even talking about cropping; every Rogers Centre shot looked like sunlight was coming in and through.

# 29 bcruise @ 12/05/15 03:04 PM
Bye Vita version.

My first thought on Showtime was Slamzone for anyone who remembers the PS2-era MLB2k games. Personally, I'd rather forget them. Anyhow, there's no way that won't be an optional feature, and is aimed at the more casual gamer/baseball fan.

Wrigley Video board is back in.

# 30 agentlaw13 @ 12/05/15 03:06 PM
Looks like MLB Network is gonna be in the game somehow. Logo was along the 1st base wall at Fenway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 31 Scott @ 12/05/15 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughron
Maybe a lot of Rangers fan traveled haha...

# 32 Factzzz @ 12/05/15 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I didn't catch this. I'm not even talking about cropping; every Rogers Centre shot looked like sunlight was coming in and through.

I'm trying to remember if you could see the CN Tower from down the thirdbase foul line, i don't think you could, so it's possible the roof is still open, it's just not showing that part of the roof. But it doesn't look like any light is coming through in this picture.

# 33 Spokker @ 12/05/15 03:08 PM
Quote:
I'm not as familiar with Rogers Centre. Here's a screenshot so more knowledgeable people can judge.

I was just assuming because why else would they focus on it. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

# 34 TripleCrown @ 12/05/15 03:10 PM
Quote:

Roof closed is folded behind center field. In the video, you see the roof unfolded over the diamond. So roofs are in !!! :-))))))))))

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 35 Factzzz @ 12/05/15 03:13 PM
You can also see the shadows in this pic down the thirdbase line whereas you can't see them in the first pic (possible day and night games though).

# 36 Spokker @ 12/05/15 03:15 PM
Here's my shot at recreating that angle in MLB 15 real quick.

And the trailer for comparison.

Edit: I don't think we need anymore evidence. Closed roofs are in.

# 37 Scott @ 12/05/15 03:17 PM
Did it always have the SPD & STL Ability in the window?

Theres the MLB Network logo...

# 38 WaitTilNextYear @ 12/05/15 03:18 PM
That should make a lot of people happy that roofs can be open or closed. Now if they get the weather correct it would make it even better. I'm sure people would like to be able to choose open or closed just in case the game still thinks 45 degrees F in June is appropriate for Toronto.

# 39 omegon3 @ 12/05/15 03:18 PM
Nice to see new legends. I thought the second row was rookie cards but A-Rod was in a Texas uni. Could anyone tell who was on the Indians card?

Gary Carter Expos
Rollie Fingers Brewers
Tony Gwynn Padres
Reggie Jackson A's
Joe Morgan Reds
Ryne Sandberg Cubs

Miguel Cabrera Marlins
Greinke Royals
Pujols Cardinals
ARod Rangers
Ichiro Mariners

Edit: It's CC.

# 40 Spokker @ 12/05/15 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Did it always have the SPD & STL Ability in the window?
Yes. Steal was on top and Speed was on the bottom.

Looks like they put Steal and Speed together to reduce the size of the runner window while batting.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.