Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

We have captured a bunch of MLB The Show 16 screenshots from the trailer that was released earlier today. While the quality isn't going to be as good coming from a video, these will have to do until we get actual in-game screenshots.

If there are some things you spot from the screenshots, let us know what you're seeing!

MLB The Show 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB The Show 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB The Show 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB The Show 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB The Show 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB The Show 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Jolly Roger @ 12/07/15 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
i think one issue is that they are still releasing ps3 versions of the game, so right there takes away devs to work on the ps4 version. if they stopped the ps3 game then every dev can all be focused on ps4 and development of things such as updated player models would come quicker.
I think this is probably a big issue. IMO, they shouldn't be releasing a PS3 version this year, the PS4 has been out for 2 years now. It's time to move on.

# 22 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/07/15 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I can state for a fact that competition (or lack thereof), has nothing to do with the direction the game takes from year to year. I mean really, think about that statement, and how much sense it doesn't make. As stated before, anyone is free to make an MLB game, but they've decided against it for whatever reason. That alone shows the passion SCEA has for baseball, to continue producing a game.

Sent from my htcONE (M8) | Tapatalk
Completely agreed.

# 23 bronxbombers21325 @ 12/09/15 09:31 PM
So are we for certain that you can play with the roof closed in certain stadiums? Or is everyone going by the screenshot where the roof at Rogers Centre is possibly closed?

# 24 HealyMonster @ 12/09/15 10:41 PM
Another year of PS3 grass on the ps4. Gross.

# 25 Spokker @ 12/10/15 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
So are we for certain that you can play with the roof closed in certain stadiums? Or is everyone going by the screenshot where the roof at Rogers Centre is possibly closed?
It's closed. Fire up MLB 15 and compare the angle. In MLB 15 you'll see blue sky and buildings. In the trailer, you see the roof.

# 26 dubcity @ 12/10/15 04:25 AM
Looks like the colors and lighting have improved, but we'll have to wait to find out just how much. Night games need an upgrade for sure. And the grass is in need of more depth of detail from most angles.

# 27 adh5199 @ 12/10/15 07:15 AM
I'm sorry, but I liken what I see so far as me going away for a business trip, and then coming back to certain expectations on what my employees were supposed to do with their time, or have legitimate work completed to show me while I was out. I know they have improved things, but there are things that I expected to see this year that I don't. Just disappointing. They need to drop PS3 and focus solely on PS4. It is dragging down progress on graphics, presentation, body types/uniforms, and commentary. This is a stale game IMHO.

# 28 HypoLuxa13 @ 12/10/15 09:36 AM
Quote:
I can state for a fact that competition (or lack thereof), has nothing to do with the direction the game takes from year to year. I mean really, think about that statement, and how much sense it doesn't make. As stated before, anyone is free to make an MLB game, but they've decided against it for whatever reason. That alone shows the passion SCEA has for baseball, to continue producing a game.

Just curious, when did the MLB 1st/3rd party licensing model expire? You know, the agreement that killed MVP MLB Baseball and gave 3rd party MLB game rights to 2K, and each console maker (MS, Sony, Nintendo) 1st party rights?

If only the NFL would abandon their EA agreement now...

# 29 nemesis04 @ 12/10/15 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Just curious, when did the MLB 1st/3rd party licensing model expire? You know, the agreement that killed MVP MLB Baseball and gave 3rd party MLB game rights to 2K, and each console maker (MS, Sony, Nintendo) 1st party rights?

If only the NFL would abandon their EA agreement now...
Their commitment was until 2012. They did regurgitate 2k12 by releasing a 2k13 roster update.

# 30 ryanmc564 @ 12/10/15 11:17 AM
Quote:

LOL, that's too funny that you think that way. competition is a good thing, if you don't have competition you become complacent therefore you do little to improve because you don't have too. and NO not everyone is free to make a mlb game you need a license from mlb to do so.

# 31 tnixen @ 12/10/15 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
LOL, that's too funny that you think that way. competition is a good thing, if you don't have competition you become complacent therefore you do little to improve because you don't have too. and NO not everyone is free to make a mlb game you need a license from mlb to do so.
thaSLAB knows because he goes to those community day events and has a much closer relationship to the MLB The Show developers then most of us here do. So he knows what he is talking about and if he says state for a fact that competition (or lack thereof), has nothing to do with the direction the game takes from year to year then it's most likely true

I do believe that MLB The Show is SCEA baby. It's not just a job to them but the love for the game of baseball that keeps all of them motivated to make MLB The Show better and better year after year. I am pretty sure the SCEA developers would love to included all the things that we all keep asking for year after year but it takes time to add these things and also unfortunately the PS4 specs already limit what SCEA can add to the game I bet like players wearing there own jerseys in the All Star game for example. Plus the SCEA team working on MLB The Show is not nearly as big compared to other games like Madden for example which also could be a reason why it takes longer to see new features added. It sucks but that's the way it is

# 32 thaSLAB @ 12/10/15 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
I never said competition wasn't good. However, the effort put into the game is the same regardless of if there are five or none competing games. And I think you know what I meant... anyone is free to purchase a license to make an MLB game; there's no contractual agreements prohibiting it.

Anyway, okay.

# 33 ryanmc564 @ 12/10/15 12:52 PM
Quote:
I never said competition wasn't good. However, the effort put into the game is the same regardless of if there are five or none competing games. And I think you know what I meant... anyone is free to purchase a license to make an MLB game; there's no contractual agreements prohibiting it.

Anyway, okay.

I understand what you are getting at, but still kind of disagree. Lets say someone else does make a baseball game for example (EA) mvp 2005 is regarded as one of the best baseball games ever made. Say MVP came back into the picture and just crushes the show in the graphic and animation department, are you saying SCEA wouldn't try moving in a different direction to compete with them and just continue on with what they are doing without putting any more effort than what they already do? I Would think they would have too.

Now, I'm not saying that SCEA lacks effort in improving in making a good baseball game they do every year. , I'm aware they have a small crew and work on multiple sku(s) and it takes a lot of time. But I look at the past and the things SCEA did change because of competition. Analog controls for that example it took SCEA 3 to 4 years before they adopted that control scheme and I'm sure at some point in time they looked at what the competition was doing and said perhaps we need to do that too and focused a little bit harder in that area to make that happen.

I know you being a CD guy you have a good relationship with the developers and you will jump in and be a voice for them on here, when they don't (nor have to )say anything. But I do believe once they are pushed they would put more of a effort to push back.

# 34 aguero90 @ 12/10/15 12:59 PM
I agree with both of you. If there are more games, then each company would want to outdo the other, because in the end, it's all about the money. Not having another game to fight, doesn't make them less hard working, but they do have a little safety net.

# 35 Spokker @ 12/12/15 12:42 PM
There are so many variables it's difficult to isolate them all. All we can do is speculate from our vantage point.

I think the lack of competition and general demand for baseball games determines how much money Sony invests in The Show. I don't think the lack of competition determines how much effort the developers put into the game, as I think they have proven themselves over and over again to be passionate about this series and baseball.

# 36 vidgames @ 12/12/15 08:47 PM
The show is simply outdated...animations are from old gen...player models again old gen...play by play old gen...ps1 games had deeper stat tracking Than the show does. The show reminds me of a house needing to be upgraded but only gets a new fresh of paint each year. Scea needs to work on the guts of the game and make it a truly next gen title.

# 37 TattooedEvil @ 12/16/15 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidgames
The show is simply outdated...animations are from old gen...player models again old gen...play by play old gen...ps1 games had deeper stat tracking Than the show does. The show reminds me of a house needing to be upgraded but only gets a new fresh of paint each year. Scea needs to work on the guts of the game and make it a truly next gen title.
hope u dont and havent bought the game then

# 38 @legendm0de @ 12/16/15 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedEvil
hope u dont and havent bought the game then
Well I preordered 2015 and returned it months later without ever opening it and I feel precisely the same as that guy right now in fact a bit stronger. That takes nothing away from how good, MLB 14, 15 is and yes it's must own and obviously 16' will be in the same category. That has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.