Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

A new Madden NFL 16 patch has arrived today, giving players the ability to play-a-friend in Draft Champions mode.

Quote:
You’ll start Draft Champions Play-A-Friend by drafting a new squad. From there, you’ll have the opportunity to play up to 5 games with that drafted team against members from your friends list.

After 5 games, the process will start over and you’ll need to draft another team. We also give you the ability to reset your team and re-draft once every 24-hours.

In addition to the arrival of Draft Champions Play-A-Friend, this Patch also includes some key stability fixes that improves a few known in-game crashes.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 eastcoast49ers @ 12/10/15 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellblazer
Is the invisible player bug fixed? How about offline xp sliders?
Can confirm xp sliders are still online only.

# 22 fistofrage @ 12/10/15 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
Aaaaaany chance they fixed Auto-Subs not working in CFM?

It's only been 4 years that they've been glitched...
What's the issue with autosubs not working in CFM? I see subs come in, but want to make sure I'm understanding the issue so I can test it.

# 23 roadman @ 12/10/15 11:18 AM
Here is a whole thread on the issue and it's been in other threads throughout the Madden OS forums.

Players don't sub in and out normally like they do in play now.

A post later in the thread clarifying the situation:

Auto Subs DO work, the sliders that control them don't. It's very clear that they work when you bump the fatigue slider up to the 60-70 range (at a minimum)

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rking-cfm.html

# 24 silver281gt @ 12/10/15 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2
You can now adjust the DBs AND the LBs and DLine. Before if you adjusted the DBs you couldn't adjust the other two. Or if you adjusted either of the other two first and then the DBs they'd revert.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure what you are referring to on this one? Can you explain more?

# 25 fistofrage @ 12/10/15 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Here is a whole thread on the issue and it's been in other threads throughout the Madden OS forums.

Players don't sub in and out normally like they do in play now.

A post later in the thread clarifying the situation:

Auto Subs DO work, the sliders that control them don't. It's very clear that they work when you bump the fatigue slider up to the 60-70 range (at a minimum)

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rking-cfm.html
Interesting. I've always had my fatigue set at 70 and O-line subs at default and I don't recall an o-lineman subbing out or I just didn't realize it. The backup RBs get about 5 to 8 carries a game and I see different receivers coming in with subs at 79/75 for WR and RB.

I can see where it would drive you nuts though if you were focused in on it and it was broken.

# 26 bcruise @ 12/10/15 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Interesting. I've always had my fatigue set at 70 and O-line subs at default and I don't recall an o-lineman subbing out or I just didn't realize it. The backup RBs get about 5 to 8 carries a game and I see different receivers coming in with subs at 79/75 for WR and RB.

I can see where it would drive you nuts though if you were focused in on it and it was broken.
I'll take another look at it post-patch. If it's still the same the O-line should get subbed out pretty quickly if I blast the fatigue up to 100.

# 27 BlackBetty15 @ 12/10/15 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage

I might stream a whole CFM regular season game and post it here because I am might be missing things I dont realize. I put in JoshC subs and did like a 70 fatigue adn people sub out accordingly. But maybe I am being strategic where I dont realize it.

# 28 BlackBetty15 @ 12/10/15 11:55 AM
In the end....this is where Madden absolutely kills me with their priority of work. Rather, their opinions on what should be added/deleted

!. Formation subs for the season. I have to be calling a play for me to do formation subs when I have an idea based on my gameplan the who, what, where of my players in regards to formation. Used to be I could edit formation subs in the franchise menu and its good for the season. Now...ewww

2. Defensive assignments. used to be in. I could assign my #1 CB to follow the WR of my choice. Now...cant do it. The highlight a player option isnt good IMO.

3. This is small...not even important but pretty small...I cant name my own captains. Again...used ot be in...gone

# 29 bcruise @ 12/10/15 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
I might stream a whole CFM regular season game and post it here because I am might be missing things I dont realize. I put in JoshC subs and did like a 70 fatigue adn people sub out accordingly. But maybe I am being strategic where I dont realize it.
Yeah, on fatigue 70 you're going to see auto-subs regardless of what the autosub sliders are - the same happens in Play Now if you don't touch the autosub sliders there.

And yeah, I confirmed it - it's still the same. OL subs out automatically when they reach their threshold (I think it's probably 50 "energy" or the red fatigue icon, so to speak). I'm uploading an uncut video that shows a few plays and then the left side of my line subbed out. It's just on 100 fatigue to speed up the process.

And this is on default autosubs, with a brand new offline franchise. Again the sub settings don't really matter, you're going to see the same thing regardless of them if you use really high fatigue settings.

I'll post the video as soon as it finishes uploading.

# 30 Cavicchi @ 12/10/15 12:17 PM
Quote:
In the end....this is where Madden absolutely kills me with their priority of work. Rather, their opinions on what should be added/deleted

!. Formation subs for the season. I have to be calling a play for me to do formation subs when I have an idea based on my gameplan the who, what, where of my players in regards to formation. Used to be I could edit formation subs in the franchise menu and its good for the season. Now...ewww

2. Defensive assignments. used to be in. I could assign my #1 CB to follow the WR of my choice. Now...cant do it. The highlight a player option isnt good IMO.

3. This is small...not even important but pretty small...I cant name my own captains. Again...used ot be in...gone
I would also like to see those three things put in as well.

# 31 roadman @ 12/10/15 12:25 PM
Quote:

I would love the first two to reappear, but I can understand why #2 was cut off, it never worked in the first place. You could make the assignment before the KO, but invariably, throughout the game, the #1 WR wasn't covered by my #1 rated corner.

# 32 bcruise @ 12/10/15 12:41 PM

Video didn't have to be this long, I just wanted to make it clear that I didn't change anything else besides the fatigue (and to show that it actually was a CFM game). That meant capturing the load-in. Game starts at 1:42.

Anyway...you can tell right away fatigue is jacked up that high because Dez returns the KO and doesn't come back out for the first scrimmage play. Tyron Smith and La'el Collins (77 and 71) LT and LG, come out for the first few plays. By the end, they're replaced by Brown and Leary with no interference on my part. That's autosubbing based on the fatigue they accumulated over the course of the drive. It will happen, even on lower fatigue settings, when you have exceptionally long drives. And it will happen regardless of what the CFM autosub settings are.

# 33 NateDogPack12 @ 12/10/15 05:26 PM
Any indication if the ridiculous Force Win scores have been corrected?

# 34 edaddy @ 12/10/15 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

Video didn't have to be this long, I just wanted to make it clear that I didn't change anything else besides the fatigue (and to show that it actually was a CFM game). That meant capturing the load-in. Game starts at 1:42.

Anyway...you can tell right away fatigue is jacked up that high because Dez returns the KO and doesn't come back out for the first scrimmage play. Tyron Smith and La'el Collins (77 and 71) LT and LG, come out for the first few plays. By the end, they're replaced by Brown and Leary with no interference on my part. That's autosubbing based on the fatigue they accumulated over the course of the drive. It will happen, even on lower fatigue settings, when you have exceptionally long drives. And it will happen regardless of what the CFM autosub settings are.
Jacking up the fatigue also messes up the gameplay..I noticed that fatigue effects line play increases penalties, and the game eventually becomes a shootout. I also noticed that in the fourth quarter there are players playing out of position due to players not being able to come back in the game. I keep it at 65 and only get subs on occassion on lomg drives..above 70 and it gets ridiculous with all the subbing especially lineman..

# 35 miknhoj1983 @ 12/10/15 06:55 PM
Invisible players fix would be huge. Can anyone confirm?

# 36 BlackBetty15 @ 12/10/15 09:51 PM
I am jsut gonna leave this right here. Its a wonder why we even bother. The poster was trying to link Clint back to OS in regards to the injury debate. This was his reply

Clint Oldenburg ‏@ClintOldenburg 47m47 minutes ago
@RGiles36 @ovfd55 @Official_Mole "not worried about the OS'ers. Vast majority don't use sliders & can't ruin that experience - must plz both"
View conversation 0 retweets 0 likes

# 37 roadman @ 12/10/15 10:11 PM
Quote:
I am jsut gonna leave this right here. Its a wonder why we even bother. The poster was trying to link Clint back to OS in regards to the injury debate. This was his reply

Clint Oldenburg ‏@ClintOldenburg 47m47 minutes ago
@RGiles36 @ovfd55 @Official_Mole "not worried about the OS'ers. Vast majority don't use sliders & can't ruin that experience - must plz both"
View conversation 0 retweets 0 likes
He also mentioned he would look into a tuner update, but that was dangerous.

We are in the minority of the general buying public, they have stats and metrics to prove that out.

It wasn't a dig.

# 38 NateDogPack12 @ 12/10/15 11:09 PM
It may have not been a dig, but it is nonetheless indicative of the horrible state of football gaming in general. EA sucks, as their games don't harbor at all the same love that goes into a product like NBA 2K. Even FIFA is light years ahead of Madden. They may not give a damn about the serious sports simulators who want to replicate the game we love, but we damn sure should be able to speak with our wallets and be given the chance to buy elsewhere. The kind of monopolization employed by EA and the NFL should be illegal.

# 39 miknhoj1983 @ 12/10/15 11:43 PM
Invisible players still there. Also my online cfm froze after finishing a game...

# 40 StefJoeHalt @ 12/11/15 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
He also mentioned he would look into a tuner update, but that was dangerous.

We are in the minority of the general buying public, they have stats and metrics to prove that out.

It wasn't a dig.
Roadman I respect everything u contribute to this site and football knowledge..I also think the current Dev team has moved this game forward and in a better direction then any other Dev team..however, Clint's take on this subject is a touch disheartening...if the sliders are there they should work...if not remove them...if they don't feel it is in the best interest of the whole that is fine that is their belief and their "metrics" that prove it...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.