Home
FIFA 16 News Post

FIFA 16 title update #5 is available now for PC users. Check out the details below.

The update is scheduled to arrive later for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, but an exact release date was not specified.

Four key areas of improvements:
  • Penalties and referee decisions
  • Passing
  • Defensive pressure
  • Player positioning
Quote:
With that, we are announcing and deploying a number of changes to make FIFA 16 more balanced and responsive in gameplay. These changes are in addition to tuning to passing featured in the last update.
  • Improvements to the Rules and Physics systems to have better referee decisions and help address penalty decisions.
  • Behavioral changes in ‘Secondary Contain’ and ‘Interceptions’ to help balance high-pressure situations.
  • Improvements in how quickly fatigue effects occur for players using ‘Aggressive Interceptions’ and ‘Secondary Contain’. This could, in turn, have an impact on your ability to apply high pressure as the game progresses and your players become increasingly fatigued.
  • Instances where no auto tackle launched even when positioned properly.
  • Improvements in the positioning system to allow for better attacking runs and support.
In addition to the above, EA has made minor changes to attribute boosts provided by Chemistry in FIFA Ultimate Team, which affects passing, interceptions, and long shots.

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Matt10 @ 12/10/15 06:00 PM
Awesome! Looking forward to checking this out!

Seems like EA is just tuned into our Sliders forums, just piggy-backing off of our findings. I'm A-Okay with that

# 2 orion523 @ 12/10/15 06:38 PM
Maybe 650,000 views does get someone's attention eh Matt?
Seriously though, I'm pretty happy to see that the dev team is still trying to improve the overall experience. As for the fixes, they sound like just what the doctor ordered, we'll see.

# 3 Krebstar @ 12/10/15 06:40 PM
This seems like the biggest gameplay patch FIFA has ever seen. At least in terms of its focus on gameplay.

Very excited.

# 4 SpHSpH @ 12/10/15 07:25 PM
Whoa! Big news here ... and it *does* look like this will have a real effect with game play ...

So ... should I hold off on starting my career modes (again)?

The slider guys will need to re-converge on another slider set for v1.05?

# 5 JimmyDeicide @ 12/10/15 07:28 PM
Sigh ....back to the drawing board.

# 6 Josam27o7 @ 12/10/15 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDeicide
Sigh ....back to the drawing board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
Whoa! Big news here ... and it *does* look like this will have a real effect with game play ...

So ... should I hold off on starting my career modes (again)?

The slider guys will need to re-converge on another slider set for v1.05?

I refused patch 1.4 as I knew it would ruin all the slider work. I am still using patch 1.03 and its corresponding slider set. I am not going to download patches 1.4 and 1.5 until the slider team wraps its head around these gameplay changes.

Anyone doing this?

# 7 Matt10 @ 12/10/15 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Maybe 650,000 views does get someone's attention eh Matt?
Seriously though, I'm pretty happy to see that the dev team is still trying to improve the overall experience. As for the fixes, they sound like just what the doctor ordered, we'll see.
Yeah, same here.

FWIW - and I know Orion and I see eye-to-eye - if we don't ever have to use sliders again, we'd be more than happy. Seems like EA is listening - let's hope they executed!

# 8 Gnemi @ 12/10/15 09:59 PM
The notes from this patch make it sound like they've done something rather huge and from very early impressions, just two games admittedly, the game felt very similar to 1.04 in terms of speed/movement/marking.

I also had a bunch of dubious penalties, hand balls, etc.

Manage your expectations, dudes!

# 9 Resurrection403 @ 12/10/15 11:04 PM
another opportunity for EA to fix loose ball glitch. lets see.

# 10 talucchesi @ 12/11/15 01:46 AM
Player positioning
Improvements in the positioning system to allow for better attacking runs and support.

If this means they FINALLY Fixed the defensive shape back to how it was in 14'.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usfiAsWR4qU

# 11 dubcity @ 12/11/15 02:08 AM
Good to see that they realized the gameplay needed changing. It's the dullest FIFA in a long time.

# 12 Tonyafc23 @ 12/11/15 02:09 AM
Can someone give there opinion on how this patch plays compared to 1.04 is loose ball gone? Im on ps4 but dont want to get my hopes about the gameplay as i dud about 1.04 and was Bitterley disappointed

# 13 nunogomes @ 12/11/15 07:17 AM
I think it´s a little far fetched to think EA actually takes the Community Sliders thread in consideration honestly, it´s just wishfull thinking.

Where is the solution to the biggest problem talked in all Fifa threads for years, the CPU teams not playing like their real-life counterparts?

If something would be done because of what we write here, this would absolutely be the nº1 thing...

It´s just like PES, in the PES FAN site the number one complaint for years is the lag cheat, and it´s still unsolved, last year and this year it´s the R2 shot´s, still unsolved...

Anyway, this seems like a VERY promising patch!

# 14 ImmortalMindz @ 12/11/15 09:13 AM
Yeah, unfortunately unlike the Madden guys the FIFA devs don't bother much with this forum it seems. I've only ever heard them mention Reddit and Youtubers as sources of community feedback outside their own forum.

Sliders is a bit like Pro Clubs - those of us who use the feature are a very small minority of FIFA players so they don't really bother with it much.

Maybe if we had a bustling FUT community it'd be different...

# 15 Matt10 @ 12/11/15 09:25 AM
I guess it's ironic we, in the slider thread, were just talking about how the field need to be more narrow defensively, which will allow less loose-ball ADD and better defensive coverage.

This update comes out, and right away, the pitch is more narrow. It's more compact, defenders are stepping up at an angle versus going straight forward. There has been no loose ball ADD, barely any ADD - if anything it's on the CPU's side. The responsiveness of the controls are spot on, and the use of secondary pressure can be effective.

Where previous update versions were geared for a containing defense (marking passively), this update has brought out the aggressive nature of simply winning the ball - not just absorbing the attack(s).

It's still not perfect, but it's a solid base to build from.

# 16 DBMcGee3 @ 12/11/15 09:26 AM
I'm a bit skeptical, but this sounds great on paper. Hopefully the CPU opponents are held to the same standards in terms of pressure and fatigue. I'm trying super hard to play World Class right now but good lord, the CPU defenders jump the passing lanes so much and just pressure me relentlessly when I have the ball.

I'm soooo close, something like that could turn the tide.

# 17 Entiae @ 12/11/15 10:13 AM
Sweet, I can't wait to try it out!

# 18 Gnemi @ 12/11/15 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
I'm a bit skeptical, but this sounds great on paper. Hopefully the CPU opponents are held to the same standards in terms of pressure and fatigue. I'm trying super hard to play World Class right now but good lord, the CPU defenders jump the passing lanes so much and just pressure me relentlessly when I have the ball.

I'm soooo close, something like that could turn the tide.

This is unchanged on World Class in 1.05.

In fact, 1.05 might be the most difficult FIFA 16 has been and the CPU pressure is pronounced. That's my view after a few games, anyhow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 19 DBMcGee3 @ 12/11/15 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
This is unchanged on World Class in 1.05.

In fact, 1.05 might be the most difficult FIFA 16 has been and the CPU pressure is pronounced. That's my view after a few games, anyhow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hate to hear that, although if it's more difficult across the board, then maybe I can go back to playing Pro. Seems crazy that I win by multiple goals every time on one level, and struggle to be competitive at the next level.

# 20 JayD @ 12/11/15 11:02 AM
Sigh.... Has any of these patches addressed any issues with career mode? I am ready to trade in FIFA being how bad the transfer system is.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.