Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

LD2K mentioned a few items that will be addressed in NBA 2K16 patch #4. As always, these are just some of the details, full patch notes will be revealed when the patch is released.

Quote:
Patch 4 will address couch co-op bug & other game-play tweaks based off of user feedback (lobs/TOs). Full notes w/ patch. Keep you updated.

While no release date was mentioned, or whether or not it has been submitted to Microsoft and Sony, we will update this post when we hear anything.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Jrocc23 @ 12/13/15 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I'm not saying this to be a jerk, but with the complicated and ambitious nature of this series, it's pretty much a given that something else will be messed up for sure, just too many moving parts. I know that it drives a lot of people crazy, but the no FT cut scene is the kind of thing that I'm O.K. with being messed up. Something that's aesthetic and not gameplay related is a lesser of evils, IMO.

It's not as important as gameplay, but I said annoying. Which it is for some users. It's not that big to me, but I am glad it's getting fixed because it adds to the immersion. Also they have some cool cut scenes sometime. So I am going to be optimistic and hope nothing messes up. At least be off the court.

# 62 ViolenceFight @ 12/13/15 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Am_Freitas
The dribbling is NOT fine and needs tuning.

Too many times, I'll be sizing up a defender and the instant that I cut towards the basket, my player bumps into the defender and causes a loose ball. It happens with the CPU as well when they're on offence. Not only do players RACK UP turnovers, but they can also rack up steals...Kyle Lowry had 8+ steals in back-to-back games for me.

I've adjusted CPU on-ball defence, stealing, and everything else that's been suggested to me. I made a topic about this a couple of weeks ago and a couple of people knew exactly what I was talking about. You can't dribble for too long without colliding into an opposing player and letting the ball go loose. It's really frustrating and kills the fun completely.

Please fix this, 2k!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
....Then you are not judging your spacing correctly for the moves you are trying, sir. In this situation, I'd be willing to bet what you're trying to do is the problem. I did not have this problem, aside from day 1-2 of patch three. After I sat down and played for awhile I figured out what I can get away with.

Practice and experiment, this game isn't just handing you the lane anymore.

# 63 I_Am_Freitas @ 12/13/15 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
....Then you are not judging your spacing correctly for the moves you are trying, sir. In this situation, I'd be willing to bet what you're trying to do is the problem. I did not have this problem, aside from day 1-2 of patch three. After I sat down and played for awhile I figured out what I can get away with.

Practice and experiment, this game isn't just handing you the lane anymore.

I am judging my space correctly. This doesn't just happen to me, it happens with the CPU too, and if that's happening too much with the CPU, then it's more than just dribbling that needs to be tweaked. I don't have to be doing any ISO. I can take one step forward with a player holding the ball, and he'll bump into the defender, causing a loose ball. It literally happens THAT easily. Has nothing to do with dribbling sometimes...you'll just collide with a defender while simply walking with the ball and it pops loose.

People who experience this problem will understand what I'm talking about. I'm not a picky player and I know what I'm talking about. It needs tuning.

# 64 NINJAK2 @ 12/13/15 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
It's not as important as gameplay, but I said annoying. Which it is for some users. It's not that big to me, but I am glad it's getting fixed because it adds to the immersion. Also they have some cool cut scenes sometime. So I am going to be optimistic and hope nothing messes up. At least be off the court.
I'm with you Jrocc. I'm glad this is getting addressed. I see jfsolo's point though but it's not like transition cpu d and FT routines can't both be addressed. I can see if fixing FT's would break the game as a reason for not addressing it but I believe Beluba and crew has figured out the issue with FT routines. That transition cpu D though..ugh!

# 65 Jrocc23 @ 12/13/15 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
I'm with you Jrocc. I'm glad this is getting addressed. I see jfsolo's point though but it's not like transition cpu d and FT routines can't both be addressed. I can see if fixing FT's would break the game as a reason for not addressing it but I believe Beluba and crew has figured out the issue with FT routines. That transition cpu D though..ugh!

Yeah, I get what he's saying as well. We don't really disagree. I am sure he'd like it to be fixed but he's saying he'd rather it be that than something to do w/ gameplay. I agree.

I miss the FTs and if that or something like that stayed messed up, it would annoy me. But gameplay is most important.

Game breakers or issues are relative sometimes. So selfishly, I hope it's nothing that affects me and how I play 2K. But I really hope there isn't any issues since this is most likely the final patch. That's why I don't want a lot to be tampered with because we all know 2K go the extreme.

# 66 Bigman101 @ 12/13/15 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4131
THANK YOU

good to hear official word on the co-op bug
What's the co op bug?

# 67 NicVirtue @ 12/14/15 11:29 AM
I hope they patch in Iversons crossover on MJ animation that LD said was in the game, and actually is not in any way or form.

# 68 ksuttonjr76 @ 12/14/15 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Honestly, the ball needs to be knocked loose more. I see people trying to do all types of crossovers and never lose the ball.

I think it should be left alone. Most of the time it's user error trying to do too much.
I would say that they would need decrease to players who's ball control is too high. When I dribble into a crown by mistake or even when I make a first step move, the ball is knocked loose from George Hill and Monta Ellis plenty of times.

# 69 juicey79 @ 12/14/15 04:14 PM
Can anyone confirm 2K beats will play after post game or will it be silent during highlight replays

# 70 ryan4131 @ 12/14/15 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigman101
What's the co op bug?
When you play with 2 or more players on one team in any game mode (play now, myleague, etc.) the game will start out fine, till you or the cpu call a timeout or use the d-pad (stats, plays) and then you lose complete control of your player for the entire game. One player will run to the sidelines and the other wont be able to move.. its a mess.

This makes it 100% unplayable. No workarounds either.

# 71 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 12/15/15 02:01 AM
I'm having trouble with myplayer post fading towards the wrong shoulder. It doesn't happen 100% of the time but it's enough to throw me off. I'm trying to fade to the shoulder OPPOSITE of the defender but my guy will fade right into him for a contested shot. Using MJs post fade if that matters .

# 72 ataman5 @ 12/15/15 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I'm having trouble with myplayer post fading towards the wrong shoulder. It doesn't happen 100% of the time but it's enough to throw me off. I'm trying to fade to the shoulder OPPOSITE of the defender but my guy will fade right into him for a contested shot. Using MJs post fade if that matters .

Sometimes what you suggested happens with size-ups as well.

I use absolute right stick and sometimes i tap to right but the size up happens to be left if i'm not mistaken my input to me it feels it does happen. Not all the time but sometimes.

# 73 MB23 @ 12/15/15 05:19 AM
Also remove this UPDATE REQUIRED! message while playing!!!

# 74 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 12/15/15 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
Sometimes what you suggested happens with size-ups as well.

I use absolute right stick and sometimes i tap to right but the size up happens to be left if i'm not mistaken my input to me it feels it does happen. Not all the time but sometimes.

They really need to fix it man. Throws me way off. I know the size up depends on which hand the ball is in. Sometimes they flip. It shouldn't be like that for post fades tho smh I don't even wanna post up anymore . I notice it's more likely to happen if an extra defender is nearby.

# 75 DetroitBreh @ 12/15/15 10:39 AM
WE NEED SIMULATED STATS CORRECTED FOR MY GM AND MY LEAGUE. TEAMS ARE AVERAGING A HIGH OF 25 AND I'VE SEEM A LOW OF LIKE 7 PIP PER GAME. CAN'T HAVE THAT.

# 76 Amaru1984 @ 12/15/15 05:25 PM
We need to have ability to reset the games in the playoffs in MY LEAGUE ONLINE. Right now it's impossible.. Everything is fine in Regular, but when it comes to Playoffs, there's no possibility to this. HELP !

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.