Home
WWE 2K16 News Post

The WWE 2K16 Legends Pack is scheduled to be released on Tuesday, December 22 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. It will include Big Boss Man, Dusty Rhodes, Lita, Mr. Perfect, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper and Trish Stratus.

The Legends pack is included with the WWE 2K16 Season Pass, for everyone else, it will cost $8.99.

Game: WWE 2K16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
WWE 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 wiscowilz @ 12/12/15 12:43 AM
Still wish it was the Hall of Fame Showcase or Futures pack but this one will work for now.

# 2 and1product @ 12/12/15 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz
Still wish it was the Hall of Fame Showcase or Futures pack but this one will work for now.
Yep. and based on how long this is taking to come out. the wait is going to be crucial.

# 3 marcuscouch10 @ 12/12/15 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by and1product
Yep. and based on how long this is taking to come out. the wait is going to be crucial.
Well they have been busy with the app and the new patch so...

# 4 mcavner @ 12/12/15 09:47 AM
Would love if they could, perhaps with next year's iteration, release music packs, entrance options (especially tag team) or titantron video packs (especially something generic)... one of the HUGE weaknesses of this game compared to expectation and previous releases is the limited entrance selections. This is the first wrestling video game I've ever played where I turned off entrances. That's not progress.

Now if the WWE is trying to push their current roster only I get it - limit choices to force us or something. But I think that's limiting. They own all the names, they own all the music - they paid for it all so why not include and use it?

And while I'm on the subject - why don't they include the names of the guys who are actually included in the game as an option for people making caws? If you make a young Ric Flair, for example, you can't have his name?

It's far past time for these things to be included in every release. After so many years of games and multiple consoles it still astounds me when things like this are on wish lists. LIke, this year, there's not a decent bandana so making Hogan or Funk or your own cpu, the guy will look goofy.

Le sigh...

# 5 cjallure24 @ 12/12/15 11:52 AM
I wasn't expecting more DLC until next year. Nice.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

# 6 Bigman101 @ 12/13/15 11:11 PM
I'm still waiting for hulk hogan

# 7 BDKiiing @ 12/13/15 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigman101
Community Creations.

# 8 Mercury112491 @ 12/14/15 12:09 AM
There are a couple phenomenal Hogans in the CC this year. Thank you 2K for adding he ability to color different sections of hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 9 jvalverde88 @ 12/14/15 12:14 AM
Quote:
Good luck on that wait.

# 10 DBMcGee3 @ 12/14/15 09:04 AM
Quote:
I found a great Hogan yesterday that I'm gonna run with. Obviously it sucks not having the real taunts or the 'Real American' theme music, but it's pretty solid and the moveset works. It has the Hulk Rules attire as well, so I'm happy I guess.

I'm stoked to see they're giving us the classic Boss Man rather than (eyeroll) Corporation Boss Man.

# 11 spidertour02 @ 12/14/15 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
I found a great Hogan yesterday that I'm gonna run with. Obviously it sucks not having the real taunts or the 'Real American' theme music, but it's pretty solid and the moveset works. It has the Hulk Rules attire as well, so I'm happy I guess.

I'm stoked to see they're giving us the classic Boss Man rather than (eyeroll) Corporation Boss Man.
That's cool, but I wish they would've at least included a Corporation attire, considering how much Attitude Era stuff is in the game. It would be great for an Attitude Era Universe, for sure. (Hopefully, a good version will crop up in the Community Creations fairly quickly.)

# 12 mcavner @ 12/19/15 11:18 AM
Quick question about the Hall of Fame dlc - when that is released it says there will be:
o Larry Zbyszko and Arn Anderson vs. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat and Dustin Rhodes+
o Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Ric Flair;
o The Bushwhackers (Butch Miller and Luke Williams) vs. The Natural Disasters (Typhoon and Earthquake);
o The Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) vs. Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray)

So does that mean we'll get those wrestlers listed above to use in our Universe Mode? ANd will that be a younger version of Ric Flair? (b/c I really want a younger Ric Flair)

# 13 TheBleedingRed21 @ 12/19/15 01:00 PM
Those in the hall of fame pack can be used in universe assuming it's like last years.

# 14 spidertour02 @ 12/19/15 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavner
Quick question about the Hall of Fame dlc - when that is released it says there will be:
o Larry Zbyszko and Arn Anderson vs. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat and Dustin Rhodes+
o Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Ric Flair;
o The Bushwhackers (Butch Miller and Luke Williams) vs. The Natural Disasters (Typhoon and Earthquake);
o The Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) vs. Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray)

So does that mean we'll get those wrestlers listed above to use in our Universe Mode? ANd will that be a younger version of Ric Flair? (b/c I really want a younger Ric Flair)
There are a few you missed on your list. The full match list is:
  • Macho Man Randy Savage vs. Jake "The Snake" Roberts
  • Rikishi vs. The Rock
  • Alundra Blayze vs. Paige
  • Larry Zbyszko and Arn Anderson vs. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat and Dustin Rhodes
  • Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Ric Flair
  • The Bushwhackers (Butch Miller and Luke Williams) vs. The Natural Disasters (Typhoon and Earthquake)
  • The Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) vs. Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray)

Aside from Alundra Blayze vs. Paige, all of these matches actually happened:
  • Macho Man Randy Savage vs. Jake "The Snake" Roberts: This Tuesday in Texas (1991)
  • Rikishi vs. The Rock: Survivor Series '00
  • Larry Zbyszko and Arn Anderson vs. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat and Dustin Rhodes: Clash of The Champions XXVII (1991)
  • Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Ric Flair: Superbrawl I (1991)
  • The Bushwhackers (Butch Miller and Luke Williams) vs. The Natural Disasters (Typhoon and Earthquake): Summerslam '91
  • The Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) vs. Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray): Halloween Havoc '96

Since this is specifically a Showcase rather than a generic DLC pack like the Legends pack coming out on Tuesday, I would assume that we'll get new attires/builds for all of the wrestlers involved as well as the arenas listed, which would certainly include a retro Ric Flair, all usable in other modes.

The Alundra Blayze vs. Paige match makes me raise an eyebrow, and I've heard discussion that this was possibly included because they couldn't/wouldn't license Bull Nakano or Luna Vachon and inserted Paige into the match instead. (Similar licensing issues likely kept Owen Hart out of the game as well, given evidence suggesting that he was originally meant for inclusion.) The question is whether this match will take place at an arena where an Alundra Blayze vs. Bull Nakano or Alundra Blayze vs. Luna Vachon match occurred (for example, Summerslam '94) or if it will be dumped into one of the arenas already in the game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.