Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

As mentioned earlier this month, the winner of the Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor fight at UFC 194 would join Ronda Rousey on the cover of EA Sports UFC 2.

Well... Conor McGregor won the fight in roughly 13 seconds. If you missed it, here's a clip.

EA Sports wasted no time posting the cover on Twitter. Let us know what you think of it and the 13 second fight...

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 SmashMan @ 12/20/15 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Whats with the double standard?
Ehh, I think we know why.

# 22 Sheba2011 @ 12/21/15 09:44 AM
Quote:
Yeah, I only care about credible opinions on MMA. There are plenty of *******s on Twitter, Reddit and comments sections that have crazy opinions.

Regarding Iole, reading the article he makes a good point. Before the Holm fight, she was the most dominant fighter in the UFC. She beat her last 3 opponents in under a minute and was dominating her division. No one else was doing that.

Also even after the Holm fight, she is still the greatest womens MMA fighter of all time. I dont get why certain people get so worked up about the greatest womens fighter in the world being considered ONE of the best fighters in the world. No one is saying she would beat Werdum or Jones or Dos Anjos. Just that she was a dominant champion.

Mighty Mouse is the #1 P4P fighter in the world. Why? Because he's dominant. I dont see anyone objecting to calling him one of the greatest fighters of all time. Whats with the double standard?
Connor has done this a lot longer. He has 22 fights under his belt, there is a much greater body of work and he has beaten some of the top competition in his weight class. Rousey had 12. No one was calling Connor the greatest of all time when he was 14-2 after beating Max Halloway in his second UFC fight. That praise didn't come until he took down 3 of the best fighters in his weight class and even still it's not a universal praise like it has been with Rousey. Rousey is a great fighter but it is way to early in her career to call her greatest of all time. When she reaches 20+ fights like Connor has then we can talk about it.

Someone mentioned Jon Jones it's the same with him, no one was calling him the greatest of all time until he actually earned it by beating some of the best competition in the world. If Rousey beats Holm, Cyborg, a rematch with Tate then we can start that conversation. This isn't just because she is a "woman" like many are implying here. Cyborg is one of my favorite fighters regardless of gender. This about the body of work. Just like no one is calling Luke Rockhold or TJ Dillashaw greatest of all time, they both have a long way to go to earn it.

# 23 aholbert32 @ 12/21/15 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Connor has done this a lot longer. He has 22 fights under his belt, there is a much greater body of work and he has beaten some of the top competition in his weight class. Rousey had 12. No one was calling Connor the greatest of all time when he was 14-2 after beating Max Halloway in his second UFC fight. That praise didn't come until he took down 3 of the best fighters in his weight class and even still it's not a universal praise like it has been with Rousey. Rousey is a great fighter but it is way to early in her career to call her greatest of all time. When she reaches 20+ fights like Connor has then we can talk about it.
I love Conor McGregor. He's probably my favorite fighter right now.

But what you just wrote is BS.

Conor has 22 fights but he only has 7 at the top level of the sport. Ronda has 10 (starting in Strikeforce against Julia Budd) if you combine Strikeforce and UFC fights.

She absolutely dominated all 9 of those 10 fights.
Only 2 of those fighters made it out of the first round.
7 of them didnt make it past 2 minutes.

I think its a joke argument to say she cant be considered one of the greatest because she didnt fight 10 or more times in some lower level.

Conor has beat 3 guys currently in his division's top 15 (5 if you count Siver and Porier who were ranked at the time they fought him).

Ronda has beat 7 (if you count Alexis Davis who was dropped from the rankings because of maternity leave).

Look, if you dont like Rousey because you think she is overexposed....cool. But dont act like the numbers back you up because they dont.

What kills me is that with the exception of Joseph Benevidez, I'd argue that Flyweight is just as shallow as Women's Bantamweight but no one knocks Mighty Mouse and his dominance streak. Why? Because you can only fight the people they put in front of you. Mighty Mouse is a dominant fighter. Rousey was before Holm.

# 24 aholbert32 @ 12/21/15 10:13 AM
Quote:

Someone mentioned Jon Jones it's the same with him, no one was calling him the greatest of all time until he actually earned it by beating some of the best competition in the world. If Rousey beats Holm, Cyborg, a rematch with Tate then we can start that conversation. This isn't just because she is a "woman" like many are implying here. Cyborg is one of my favorite fighters regardless of gender. This about the body of work. Just like no one is calling Luke Rockhold or TJ Dillashaw greatest of all time, they both have a long way to go to earn it.
LOL!!!!!

She has to beat Tate AGAIN? WTF! She stopped her TWICE. TWICE. She broke her arm in the first fight. Jesus, what does she have to do in a third fight? Kill her?

Your analogies just dont work. TJ Dillashaw defended the belt twice. Luke Rockhold just won his belt a week ago. Rousey defended it 6 times. Comparing Rousey to them is ridiculous.

Whats funny is only Rousey is expected to beat someone in a higher division before she is considered great. No one says "Jon Jones is only great if he beats Cain at HW" or "GSP isnt a great because he never beat Anderson at MW".

Cyborg is a featherweight. Rousey is a bantamweight. If Cyborg drops down and they fight cool. If not, that doesnt take away 6 title defenses and being the first UFC women's champion.

**** if she loses to Holm again, It just means that Holm is the better fighter and that she is a bad matchup for Rousey. Just like Weidman was a bad matchup for Silva. That doesnt negate what Silva did in his career before Weidman and neither does a Holm loss negate what Rousey did.

# 25 Sheba2011 @ 12/21/15 11:32 AM
Quote:
I love Conor McGregor. He's probably my favorite fighter right now.

But what you just wrote is BS.

Conor has 22 fights but he only has 7 at the top level of the sport. Ronda has 10 (starting in Strikeforce against Julia Budd) if you combine Strikeforce and UFC fights.

She absolutely dominated all 9 of those 10 fights.
Only 2 of those fighters made it out of the first round.
7 of them didnt make it past 2 minutes.

I think its a joke argument to say she cant be considered one of the greatest because she didnt fight 10 or more times in some lower level.

Conor has beat 3 guys currently in his division's top 15 (5 if you count Siver and Porier who were ranked at the time they fought him).

Ronda has beat 7 (if you count Alexis Davis who was dropped from the rankings because of maternity leave).

Look, if you dont like Rousey because you think she is overexposed....cool. But dont act like the numbers back you up because they dont.

What kills me is that with the exception of Joseph Benevidez, I'd argue that Flyweight is just as shallow as Women's Bantamweight but no one knocks Mighty Mouse and his dominance streak. Why? Because you can only fight the people they put in front of you. Mighty Mouse is a dominant fighter. Rousey was before Holm.
Again when Rousey beats Holm and fights Cyborg (which you left out of the bolded statement) I will listen to your argument until then, she is overrated to me. Best to agree to disagree at this point and move on.

# 26 aholbert32 @ 12/21/15 11:36 AM
Quote:
Again when Rousey beats Holm and fights Cyborg (which you left out of the bolded statement) I will listen to your argument until then, she is overrated to me. Best to agree to disagree at this point and move on.
Nah. I actually addressed both Cyborg and Holm in my post. Like I said, just admit you dont like her. Thats fine. But trying to hold her to a higher standard than other great fighters is ridiculous. Especially when she has outperformed many of the great fighters (like Conor) that you mentioned.

# 27 Sheba2011 @ 12/21/15 01:00 PM
Quote:
Nah. I actually addressed both Cyborg and Holm in my post. Like I said, just admit you dont like her. Thats fine. But trying to hold her to a higher standard than other great fighters is ridiculous. Especially when she has outperformed many of the great fighters (like Conor) that you mentioned.
I have no problem with her personally just think she is overrated. That is my opinion, nothing you say is going to change that. Again best to agree to disagree and move on cause this is going nowhere. You think she is a great fighter, I don't. We have differing opinions. I think she still has a lot to prove.

# 28 aholbert32 @ 12/21/15 04:14 PM
Quote:
I have no problem with her personally just think she is overrated. That is my opinion, nothing you say is going to change that. Again best to agree to disagree and move on cause this is going nowhere. You think she is a great fighter, I don't. We have differing opinions. I think she still has a lot to prove.
This is the last thing I'll say about this: I swear this seems like something new or maybe I'm noticing this more but I swear people on the internet love to hide behind this statement:

Its just my opinion.

Like you are justified in having an opinion even if its not based or supported by fact. You stated some "facts" that were even incorrect or skewed completely to support your argument. I showed you how those were wrong. Now what should happen is you either respond with more facts supporting your argument/opinion or you reconsider your position given the new information available.

I guess that my fault for expecting more out of the internet where people can just spout **** and people are expected to respect that as if its a legitimate opinion.

Anyway sorry for the rant.

# 29 Yung AJ24 @ 12/21/15 09:50 PM
Wish they wouldve replaced Rousey with Holm or Jon Jones

Sent from my LG-D321 using Tapatalk

# 30 Money99 @ 12/22/15 08:07 AM
If Holm beats Rousey in the rematch, I'm sure people will start throwing around the terms 'unbeatable', 'dominant', 'greatest of all time', etc for her as well.

Heck, Brock Lesner barely had a cup of coffee in the UFC and there were some calling him unbeatable.

Combat sports has always been that way. As soon as a guy (or gal) comes along and starts rattling off wins, fans, media and experts can't wait to label them an indestructible force of nature.
It's the nature of the beast. And it also sells tickets.
"You don't want to miss a chance to watch a legend do you?", or even better, "You don't want to miss the historic moment when Goliath is defeated, do you?".
Then buy this PPV now!!!

I get why some feel that Rousey was overrated. Maybe the division hasn't been fully fleshed out yet? Maybe Rousey was feasting on average competition?
I'm not sure anyone can really say that though - not right now anyway.
At one point, the 70's was considered a weak point for the heavyweight division in boxing.
Now we look on it as one of the greatest of all time; perhaps THE greatest era of all time.

Rousey was terrific leading into her fight with Holm. She did everything she was asked to do.
And even now, with a loss, she's created a major buzz for MMA and UFC in particular. As a woman. Unbelievable.

I'm really looking forward to the rematch and will definitely be purchasing the PPV.
And that's coming from someone who's only purchased 1 in his entire life.

# 31 redsox4evur @ 03/06/16 01:49 AM
So EA cover curse, real?

# 32 CitiBoy7 @ 03/06/16 01:57 AM
Lol yeah ain't that something both RR and Conor both got beaten convincingly before the release of the game

# 33 kaletore11 @ 03/06/16 09:50 AM

# 34 CaliDude916 @ 03/06/16 02:01 PM
The EA cover curse is real.

# 35 Flightwhite24 @ 03/06/16 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude916
The EA cover curse is real.

Was just telling my son this. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 36 oakevin @ 03/06/16 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitiBoy7
Lol yeah ain't that something both RR and Conor both got beaten convincingly before the release of the game
I wouldn't say Conor got beat convincingly ,he went up two weight classes and let's be honest ,he was VERY close to winning that fight in the first round.

# 37 fishingtime @ 03/06/16 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakevin
I wouldn't say Conor got beat convincingly ,he went up two weight classes and let's be honest ,he was VERY close to winning that fight in the first round.
You are joking right? Diaz never was rocked. Conor got beat bad, and it wasn't necessarily the striking from Diaz that makes that statement true. The ease of which Diaz was able to move on Conor when the fight went to the ground, and the quick tap are why he got beat convincingly.

Hate to tell the truth, but that fight was a fight that would happen with day of weigh-ins where fighters would have to fight closer to their natural weight. Conor isn't effective there. His striking is good, but not enough power there. Conor's excuse about the weight was a bad excuse. He looked the best he ever has for a weigh-in. He was 168. Diaz was 169. I doubt Diaz cut more than 5 lbs. There wasn't time really to have a huge weight cut. This same thing would have happened in lightweight. Conor saying he is going back to FW and abandoning the idea of LW right now made him look like he was scared to fight there. That is when the hype train derailed IMO.

I love Conor's fighting style, but he does need an advantage. I think he has been exposed. There is no reason to stand up with him unless you are a moron, because he most definitely has the best striking in FW. However, I think Edgar beats him now. I think a rematch with Mendes on a full camp will as well. I also think Aldo got his confidence back and now knows how bad that weakness is.

You could tell in Dana's face and him leaving before Nate and Conor got there, that he knew that money train lost a couple cars. McGregor will no doubt still be a huge draw, but not nearly as much now. If he loses to wrestling in FW, the train is fully derailed.

# 38 SwedishTouch76 @ 03/07/16 08:56 PM
To say Connor is completely derailed is very premature. Aldo has basically completely lost his mind. Says McGregor has "soap hands" yet was dusted in 13 secs. Chad Mendes would get destroyed in a rematch. Edgar ko'd Mendes whose chin has become suspect. Sure Mendes would have a bigger gas tank 2nd go around. Doesn't change the fact he got chewed up on the feet.
Connor used his range and kicks to hurt him to the body. Connor would KO him again. Until someone beats Connor at FW or even LW it's just.conjecture.
I do think RDA beats him.though if he uses his grappling and bjj.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.