Home
Project CARS News Post

Released last week for PC users, Project CARS patch 7.0 is available now for PlayStation 4 users, check out the details below. The patch for Xbox One users is scheduled to arrive later this week, but no exact date has been revealed.

UPDATE: (12-16) Patch 7.0 is available now for Xbox One users.

• Reworked the dynamic race-end timer feature. In public races, the timer is 75% of the slowest moving car's lap time. In private races and passworded public races, the timer is 150% of slowest moving car's lap time.
Physics & Tyres
  • Neutralized the top speed advantage of running zero camber on many tires.
  • Reduced flash layer temperature cap for GT3/LMP and other slick tires to make them less prone to overheating.
  • Classic Lotus cars: Disabled patch-to-hub on several tyre carcass models as it was creating a strong low-speed FFB buzz.
Controls
  • Update to latest Fanatec SDK, Re-instated 2nd DPAD support for CSRE based on latest SDK functionality
Career
  • Corrected the German name for the LMP3 UK Semi-Pro Championship
Tracks
  • Rouen Short – Reworked the AI paths around the hairpin area to try and keep the historic cars from running up the hill on exit when in tight packs.
Vehicles
  • Repositioned the cockpit camera view to a proper center point for a number of vehicles that were reported to be incorrectly positioned.
Audio
  • Lotus 40 and 49 - Rebalanced the AI vehicle volume.
General
  • Fixed various game crash issues reported by customers.
UDP streaming support

The UDP stream extension has been developed to allow 3rd party app developers the opportunity to receive telemetry data from the game. It is based mainly on the ‘Shared Memory API’ with a number of extensions to transmitted data.

The option is enabled via the ‘Game play’ menu ‘UDP mode’. This can be selected between off and 1-9. The number represents the UDP streaming data rate as follows:
  • UDP off
  • UDP 1 60/sec (16ms)
  • UDP 2 50/sec (20ms)
  • UDP 3 40/sec (25ms)
  • UDP 4 30/sec (32ms)
  • UDP 5 20/sec (50ms)
  • UDP 6 15/sec (66ms)
  • UDP 7 10/sec (100ms)
  • UDP 8 05/sec (200ms)
  • UDP 9 01/sec (1000ms)
  • The stream is sent to a broadcast address (255.255.255.255) on port 5606.

Game: Project CARSReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox OneVotes for game: 1 - View All
Project CARS Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Steve_OS @ 12/16/15 05:04 PM
Updated the OP, it's available for Xbox One now.

# 2 Triggerfish @ 12/20/15 10:09 PM
which wheel did u get? I also am looking for one. Would like it compatible with xbox one and PC if i could.

# 3 Hjkflannel @ 12/21/15 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggerfish
which wheel did u get? I also am looking for one. Would like it compatible with xbox one and PC if i could.
I recently got the Logitech G29 (xbox version called G290), was quite overpriced at launch but recently has been on sale in the U.K. It makes a huge difference to a simulator like Project Cars, the amount of control and feedback transforms the experience. On less realistic games like Driveclub it will still increase the fun but isn’t as transformative as the game has less to communicate to the wheel, the factors to consider when purchasing are firstly the price (how many racing games do you play, what types and how much?), the space needed in your room and need for a stand or cockpit to house it and also the fact you will need to set it up in project cars as the default settings aren’t terrible but far from perfect. This can be quite frustrating at first as there are so many settings but once you get them close to right, it’s very rewarding. I went for it and have no regrets. My biggest tip would be if you get a wheel make sure it has Force Feedback, the cheaper ones don’t and tbh aside from the immersive wheel element aren’t much better than a good controller.

# 4 CC @ 12/21/15 03:29 PM
Is this game more like GT/Forza or more like Driveclub?

# 5 Hjkflannel @ 12/22/15 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC
Is this game more like GT/Forza or more like Driveclub?
On a scale of realism from lowest to highest, this it the general consensus give or take due to personal preference:

Driveclub – Forza/GT – Project Cars – iRacing/Asseto Corsa

I’m personally finding it surprisingly forgiving giving its sim reputation. The fact it focuses on racing cars means to you get a lot of high downforce cars that handle the road very well but are rewarding to drive. I’ve played a lot of Forza and that game was always challenging because of the cars tendency to be extremely tail happy (without assists) almost to the point of exageration. The step up isn’t as much as I expected going to Project Cars but I don’t think it’s as well setup for the controller as Forza which has always been exceptional in that regard, so there is an extra layer to consider as the controls might make it harder than the physics would dictate. On a wheel though its top notch.

# 6 JMD @ 12/23/15 05:27 AM
If you're going to play Project cars you better be a fan of racing games. By that i mean if you just want to run 3 lap races don't waste your time. My tires are not even warmed up in 3 laps. Where this game shines is in the longer races. I have this game for both consoles and I've barely touched the career mode. I just set up solo races against the A.I. ( which are some of the best A.I. I've raced against) and I do a least 15 lap races, usually more. I like to start at the back of the pack, I run with 19 A.I. cars. Some races I can work my way to 1st place, others I fight just to stay in 17th place. It depends on the car and track. This game is about real racing and it's edge of your seat racing as well once you get the A.I. difficulty set to match your skill level.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.