Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

IGN has posted a new MLB The Show 16 video, featuring Sony San Diego's Ramone Russell walking through the recently released trailer and going over many more details about the game.

Below are some of the details, but watch the entire video here.

All appropriate stadiums will have open and closed roof options (option for open or closed in Exhibition/Online games, for RTTS and Franchise, it will depend on the weather for that day)

Physically Based Rendering - Makes wood look like wood, glass look like glass, concrete look like concrete, etc...

Showtime - Slows down critical moments (dive plays, hot corner reactions, steal attempts, pressure batting moments) to give the user more precise control. Showtime is only seen in RTTS in Player Lock and it will be an optional feature you can turn on/off.

Added over 100 signature home run swings, tons of new pitcher reaction animations, so they get out of the way of the ball and not get hit as much.

Briefly went over HumanIK, which fixes transitional animations from years past, but more will be revealed in the future.

Added over 50 new double play animations, over 100 dive/throw animations, 3 brand new running styles (small, athletic, lumbering)

Conquest mode - More to be revealed later, as it is too big to cover in this particular video

Another mode that wasn't shown in the trailer, will be revealed at a later date.

Return of classic stadiums - Forbes Field, Shibe Park, Sportsman Park, Polo Grounds, Crosley Field, Griffith Park

6 new legends revealed, but more to come. All legends from last year will return.

2 new Diamond Dynasty card types - Rookie and Prime

Credit to ryanmc564 for finding this!

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Bullit @ 12/16/15 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
What's in the teaser trailer was just the tip of the ice berg we still have plenty to show you

You look very tired Ramone, Thank you!

# 42 garyjr33 @ 12/16/15 07:28 PM
Great info. Expect a great game again this year. These 3 months are going to be tough again this year. NHL and Madden should hold me over this year though since they are both great this year compared to last year. Haha.

# 43 tabarnes19_SDS @ 12/16/15 07:35 PM
Excited to see and hear about all the changes. Nice work!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

# 44 Shakedowncapo @ 12/16/15 07:48 PM
Pre-order MLB: The Show 16 MVP Edition to receive 10 standard item packs and a MLB: The Show 16 highlight player rookie card when the game launches

MVP Edition includes a copy of MLB: The Show 16, 5,000 Stubs, one sponsor pack, 10 standard packs, 31 PlayStation 4 avatars and one Opening Day pack
----------------------------------------------------------------

Taken from Bestbuys website. So if I'm reading that correctly, if we pre-order the MVP edition we'll get an additional 10 standard card packs, equaling 20? If we don't pre-order the MVP edition, we'll just get the 10 standard packs that come with it?!

Just hope I'm understanding that correctly.

# 45 taylor89 @ 12/16/15 07:52 PM
I'm assuming they are going to have the same commentary team again for 16, which is my only complaint. Other than that, the game looks good from what we have seen so far.

# 46 mkilcNYR @ 12/16/15 08:00 PM
Closed Rogers Centre roof for my Jays makes me beyond excited. HumanIK really intrigues me. Just yesterday I had my Rays franchise running and Archer must've gotten hit at least 3 times so hard that I was waiting for an injury box to pop up. If this means that they can get out of the way of those comebacks and reduce pitchers getting hit then I am all for it. Already preordered and I can't wait for March to be here already!

# 47 Spokker @ 12/16/15 08:08 PM
Very awesome presentation. Love the physically based rendering and I'm hoping it really makes the game shine when they turn it on throughout the game, not just the dugout.

Loved Russell saying that pitchers won't be hit as much by balls hit up the middle. Now there's an understatement haha.

If the $40 price point is any indication, they are going to start weaning The Show off of the PS3.

# 48 earthlight897 @ 12/16/15 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor89
I'm assuming they are going to have the same commentary team again for 16, which is my only complaint. Other than that, the game looks good from what we have seen so far.

That would be unacceptable, guess I'll wait till 17

# 49 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 12/16/15 08:22 PM
This being year 3 on the PS4, I expect the frame rate to be rock solid across the board (especially during cut scenes & batter walk ups).

# 50 nemesis04 @ 12/16/15 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Thank God. Now the constant complaining about it can stop.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
Player models will be the new torch.

# 51 ozcore @ 12/16/15 08:32 PM
i really hope we hear soon if the new d-backs unis are in the game

# 52 nemesis04 @ 12/16/15 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozcore
You get a couple good players in FA and you think you are important now?

# 53 Godgers12 @ 12/16/15 08:38 PM
This is nice and all. But all I really want is sortable season/career/rookie/position stats, an owner mode, and an advanced stadium creator, even more advanced than 2k's, is that too much to ask for?

# 54 Godgers12 @ 12/16/15 08:39 PM
This is nice and all. But all I really want is sortable season/career/rookie/position stats, an owner mode, and an advanced stadium creator, even more advanced than 2k's, is that too much to ask for?

# 55 ShowTyme15 @ 12/16/15 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozcore
Pretty sure they'll be in. We just don't know how many.

# 56 dansaint @ 12/16/15 09:00 PM
I'm excited! This looks and sounds VERY promising

# 57 WaitTilNextYear @ 12/16/15 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Is not making a double post too much to ask for?

But seriously, I do think a stadium creator is too much to ask for at this point--at least too much for a single dev cycle. As was mentioned elsewhere, there is so much unique about each ballpark that doing it RIGHT would be an incredibly daunting task--I mean the other new mode could simply be "ballpark creator mode" and it would be engrossing by itself. Heck, they're still working on the 30 real ballparks and ironing things out! I'm sure SCEA could've done a stadium creator half-assed already, but that they haven't speaks volumes.

# 58 Knight165 @ 12/16/15 09:21 PM
IDK....

I think they would love to add in a stadium builder of some kind.....but with the complexity of the stadiums in game.....it seems daunting.

I wonder if they did, would they look even marginal?....and I don't think SCEA wants that.

M.K.
Knight165

# 59 Speedy @ 12/16/15 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Also, it appears as though low-res dugouts are finally a thing of the past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Physically Based Rendering - Makes wood look like wood, glass look like glass, concrete look like concrete, etc...
I'm curious about this.

Ramone said it was ONLY turned on for the home dugout but nothing else. I wonder what the field looks like and whether it will be more crisp? What about the stands and even outfield walls?

# 60 ShowTyme15 @ 12/16/15 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
IDK....

I think they would love to add in a stadium builder of some kind.....but with the complexity of the stadiutms in game.....it seems daunting.

I wonder if they did, would they look even marginal?....and I don't think SCEA wants that.

M.K.
Knight165
I wouldn't mind if they did what ASB did back in the day with Future Stadiums and 8 pre-built stadiums for expansion mode. IDK if they can do any of that, but it's just a thought/starting point.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.