Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

IGN has posted a new MLB The Show 16 video, featuring Sony San Diego's Ramone Russell walking through the recently released trailer and going over many more details about the game.

Below are some of the details, but watch the entire video here.

All appropriate stadiums will have open and closed roof options (option for open or closed in Exhibition/Online games, for RTTS and Franchise, it will depend on the weather for that day)

Physically Based Rendering - Makes wood look like wood, glass look like glass, concrete look like concrete, etc...

Showtime - Slows down critical moments (dive plays, hot corner reactions, steal attempts, pressure batting moments) to give the user more precise control. Showtime is only seen in RTTS in Player Lock and it will be an optional feature you can turn on/off.

Added over 100 signature home run swings, tons of new pitcher reaction animations, so they get out of the way of the ball and not get hit as much.

Briefly went over HumanIK, which fixes transitional animations from years past, but more will be revealed in the future.

Added over 50 new double play animations, over 100 dive/throw animations, 3 brand new running styles (small, athletic, lumbering)

Conquest mode - More to be revealed later, as it is too big to cover in this particular video

Another mode that wasn't shown in the trailer, will be revealed at a later date.

Return of classic stadiums - Forbes Field, Shibe Park, Sportsman Park, Polo Grounds, Crosley Field, Griffith Park

6 new legends revealed, but more to come. All legends from last year will return.

2 new Diamond Dynasty card types - Rookie and Prime

Credit to ryanmc564 for finding this!

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 sydrogerdavid @ 12/31/15 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
\

Really which ones and do you have proof?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I think he means the ACTUAL stadium designs.
A lot of them were meant to look retro in some way.

I could be wrong though.

M.K.
Knight165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Yeah...I think he's pointing out these new stadiums teams are building are more similar to each other than truly unique like Wrigley, Fenway or even Minute Maid.

Sorry for being unclear, but yes. "They" didn't mean you guys, "they" meant the architects, specifically HOK. Since HOK built most of these new ballparks, it makes sense that many of them look similar.

Of course, this all subjective, but how many stadiums have a large outfield wall for no reason other than to harken back to classic stadiums? How many have a huge scoreboard and lights above the left field bleachers while RF is enclosed with the seats? And doesn't nearly every stadium have a brick facade these days? Too much of a good thing, I guess.

It's almost like retro modern ballparks are the new multipurpose stadium, everybody has one. The new ballparks are much prettier than the cookie cutters, though. Those actually were impossible to tell apart to the non baseball fan.

# 162 Speedy @ 01/01/16 01:11 AM
Somewhat off-topic.

I would love a triangle shaped field.

Meaning...the outfield wall was a straight line from pole to pole. I'd put it at 365 feet with it starting at 10 feet high on the poles rising up to 35 feet at CF. I don't know how it'd play out and whether Adam Dunn would love it but hey, it'd certainly be unique.

After playing NBA 2K, it makes me hankering to build my own stadium. I would love more controls and such than 2K gives on the design of it though. But, that goes into a separate discussion.

# 163 tessl @ 01/01/16 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
Sorry for being unclear, but yes. "They" didn't mean you guys, "they" meant the architects, specifically HOK. Since HOK built most of these new ballparks, it makes sense that many of them look similar.

Of course, this all subjective, but how many stadiums have a large outfield wall for no reason other than to harken back to classic stadiums? How many have a huge scoreboard and lights above the left field bleachers while RF is enclosed with the seats? And doesn't nearly every stadium have a brick facade these days? Too much of a good thing, I guess.

It's almost like retro modern ballparks are the new multipurpose stadium, everybody has one. The new ballparks are much prettier than the cookie cutters, though. Those actually were impossible to tell apart to the non baseball fan.
I understand what you are saying but I much preferred the previous cookie cutter stadium in St Louis to the current one. The reason is I could get a good seat at a reasonable price in the second deck in the cookie cutter. That area is now occupied by luxury suites. The cookie cutter was built with the blue collar fan in mind.

Speaking of the focus on luxury suites it would be interesting to see what would happen to sports - both professional and collegiate - if congress and a new president decide to reform the tax code and eliminate the deduction corporations use to buy luxury suites and blocks of seats.

# 164 MauerMorneau09 @ 01/01/16 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Somewhat off-topic.

I would love a triangle shaped field.

Meaning...the outfield wall was a straight line from pole to pole. I'd put it at 365 feet with it starting at 10 feet high on the poles rising up to 35 feet at CF. I don't know how it'd play out and whether Adam Dunn would love it but hey, it'd certainly be unique.

After playing NBA 2K, it makes me hankering to build my own stadium. I would love more controls and such than 2K gives on the design of it though. But, that goes into a separate discussion.
If there ever is a stadium creator, I'd love if they made it sorta Sims-esque. Be given the basic layout of the diamond, and then be able to click and drag the walls to your desire, with the dimensions of your walls given as well. I feel somehow that you could get a pretty in depth stadium creator, without having to be a guru as far as building computer models. One can hope.

# 165 Knight165 @ 01/01/16 12:54 PM
I wonder if they ever did try and add a stadium editor....just how in depth it could be.
It just seems very technical(as far as how everything needs to work out graphically and play out ....say if you put in very weird angles like a really tight radius or such.....)...
I think it would have to be basic or at least basic in regards to having the actual elements pre-built and you just put them together.

M.K.
Knight165

# 166 MauerMorneau09 @ 01/01/16 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I wonder if they ever did try and add a stadium editor....just how in depth it could be.
It just seems very technical(as far as how everything needs to work out graphically and play out ....say if you put in very weird angles like a really tight radius or such.....)...
I think it would have to be basic or at least basic in regards to having the actual elements pre-built and you just put them together.

M.K.
Knight165
There's quite a few games that have had pretty in depth creators (Sims and Skate 3 come to mind) that make it seem possible, but yea you do bring up a good point. Collision detection as far as walls go seems like it could be a problem and camera angles could be really weird if you have an oblong or zig zag shaped wall system. Putting curves in walls could also be a problem if you wanted to do something like the Metrodome, where the LF/RF walls curve into the CF wall, instead of having separate angle walls in the alleys. Hope I'm kinda making sense here. I took one computer model class, I try to think I know something (I don't lol), but I did learn of a few different techniques and problems you can run into. I think they could make it in depth enough to have an average joe make a stadium, but at the same time people with a little more technical knowledge could add their own flavor to it. Don't even get me started with seats, I'm not sure how that could work out.

# 167 WaitTilNextYear @ 01/03/16 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerplay17
I've been pining for a stadium creator for a long time. As an exclusive user of the Rays, I'd love to create an alternative to that dump called the Trop. Even it's limited, I'll take it.
Bruce Dickinson (Christopher Walken) will probably hunt me down and do injurious things to me for mentioning this, but they overdo the cowbell at the Trop in this game. We both put our pants on one leg at a time tho...

# 168 ninertravel @ 01/03/16 06:52 PM
Anyone think we will have a import player into ption this year? there was talk of it last year that it MIGHT be put in this year. imagine how good this would be then having to spend a hour creating a player in franchise mode because you are halfway through a fracnhise and forgotten about a player

# 169 MizzouBravesFan @ 01/03/16 08:47 PM
Has there been any word on weather plays an active role this year? Rain during games...delays...rainouts...doubleheaders...etc?

# 170 bronxbombers21325 @ 01/03/16 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouBravesFan
Has there been any word on weather plays an active role this year? Rain during games...delays...rainouts...doubleheaders...etc?
I'm doubting we will hear much else about anything until the fact sheet is released. Should be the end of this month, or the beginning of next month. Rainouts and double headers are something I'd really love to see added.

# 171 buckeyedawgtribe @ 03/10/16 04:28 PM
Progressive Field updates???

# 172 thaSLAB @ 03/10/16 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyedawgtribe
Progressive Field updates???
Yes.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

# 173 buckeyedawgtribe @ 03/10/16 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Yes.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
Well this did it for me a must buy now

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.