Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

A new content update has arrived today for NBA Live 16, adding Christmas Uniforms and Stance socks. The update weighs in at 2.6GB for Xbox One and 4GB for PlayStation 4 users.

Check it out and post your thoughts.

NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 rudyjuly2 @ 12/18/15 07:44 PM
Just played a game and everyone had their shirts on! We'll see if that was a fluke or not. I would like 5 point sliders. Makes it easier to fine tune three point shooting.

# 22 Gotmadskillzson @ 12/18/15 09:12 PM
This is finally added to NBA Live 16. No more manually checking ESPN to see who is playing today and manually selecting the teams. This should have been in Day 1.

# 23 nick_sr @ 12/18/15 09:12 PM
Don't see the torso glitch

Gameplay seems soo much smoother it's not even funny

Appreciate the work the devs r putting in

# 24 nick_sr @ 12/18/15 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
This is finally added to NBA Live 16. No more manually checking ESPN to see who is playing today and manually selecting the teams. This should have been in Day 1.

Don't understand why it took soo long

From a commentary standpoint it seems they using updated statistics instead of the final statistics from every teams last game last season.

# 25 Calvenn @ 12/18/15 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr

Cosigned! Torso/Jersey glitch appears to have been addressed and game appears smoother. Just a solid feeling and playing game folks!

# 26 Flightwhite24 @ 12/18/15 09:34 PM
Repurchased Live 16 last night and to my surprise the update came this morning. Can't deny that the game has made huge strides since release. Im truly shocked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 27 Calvenn @ 12/18/15 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBLACKMAMBA24
Repurchased Live 16 last night and to my surprise the update came this morning. Can't deny that the game has made huge strides since release. Im truly shocked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good decision my friend. Welcome back!

# 28 Gotmadskillzson @ 12/18/15 09:38 PM
Yeah the game is running smooth as hell now. The graphics even look better, like they did something with the lighting in the arenas or something, but it is definitely noticeable. The AI is back to where it was on launch day, which is a good thing. The past month the AI was dumb as hell. Your players get tired QUICK now. Run too much fast paced and your entire squad will have no stamina left 4 minutes later. That is the 1st time ever I seen this happen in a NBA Live game. Players move like snails when they are tired now.

Also noticed more missed lay ups when the paint is packed. AI also attempt to steal passes way more often now as well. I use to be able to swing the ball around with ease, now sometimes the passes get tipped. Took them a while, but this patch is LEGIT.

# 29 chrisj979 @ 12/18/15 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr

Agreed, but they messed up the rosters again. Montrezl Harrell and K. J. McDaniels (Houston Rockets) are the first ones I noticed, what's makes it worse is they were missing originally then added with the last patch, now they are gone again. Anyone notice missing players?

# 30 Walt Frazier @ 12/18/15 10:13 PM
One really cool thing about this patch and the way LIVE updates is that new jerseys are available in your existing season / dynasty

I.e. No need to start again to get new jerseys like 2K requires you to do. They are added to your already exisiting season.

I just checked...I have a Pistons season going that is five weeks old...and the christmas jerseys are in there now as an option.

Now....all they need to do is add an actual dynasty mode with enough depth to make it actually worth playing...

# 31 The 24th Letter @ 12/18/15 10:47 PM
Decided to play some more 5 on 5, there have definitely been some nice changes and improvements

Ran into this mess in the 1st

https://vid.me/44uR

So does the game still have 4th quarter late game AI issues as well?

# 32 Gotmadskillzson @ 12/18/15 11:17 PM
Lost my 1st game in over a month. The AI is back. 3pt shooting success has been toned way down for both sides. I noticed now when you have a faster player, the AI defender guarding you will sag back off you now to prevent you from blowing passed him. I like that a lot. But if they are about the same speed or the defender is faster then you, he will get all up in your grill on defense. A lot more free throws are missed by everybody. Now it is REALLY important to not leave your bad free throw shooters in the game because they miss at a much higher rate now.

The AI won't hesitate to pull up and pop a jumper if you sag too far off him. Tony Parker killed me doing this. Lay ups and bunnies are no longer a 100% given success rate. Players miss a lot of those now if the shot is contested. Which is a good thing because before all you had to do was start the lay up animation and it was an automatic lay up. I missed about 6 or 7 lay ups & bunnies.

Defenders bite harder now on cross overs and stumble backwards. They recover pretty good though. All in all I would give this patch a 9 out of 10. Now EA need to improve the post game and atmosphere. The game was close at the end but the atmosphere didn't feel like it. The players on the court and the bench players didn't show it at all. EA need to improve on that big time.

# 33 tyberious4now @ 12/18/15 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Lost my 1st game in over a month. The AI is back. 3pt shooting success has been toned way down for both sides. I noticed now when you have a faster player, the AI defender guarding you will sag back off you now to prevent you from blowing passed him. I like that a lot. But if they are about the same speed or the defender is faster then you, he will get all up in your grill on defense. A lot more free throws are missed by everybody. Now it is REALLY important to not leave your bad free throw shooters in the game because they miss at a much higher rate now.

The AI won't hesitate to pull up and pop a jumper if you sag too far off him. Tony Parker killed me doing this. Lay ups and bunnies are no longer a 100% given success rate. Players miss a lot of those now if the shot is contested. Which is a good thing because before all you had to do was start the lay up animation and it was an automatic lay up. I missed about 6 or 7 lay ups & bunnies.

Defenders bite harder now on cross overs and stumble backwards. They recover pretty good though. All in all I would give this patch a 9 out of 10. Now EA need to improve the post game and atmosphere. The game was close at the end but the atmosphere didn't feel like it. The players on the court and the bench players didn't show it at all. EA need to improve on that big time.
I'm really thinking about purchasing this game because of you guys..Is it a least a 7 out of 10?

# 34 Walt Frazier @ 12/18/15 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
I'm really thinking about purchasing this game because of you guys..Is it a least a 7 out of 10?
Exhibition / one off games / play today's NBA schedule are a 8/10 type experience now. It plays well.

If you want a dynasty or in depth season modes though.......it is barely a 3/10.

So, it depends on what you want.

# 35 HakeemDaDream @ 12/19/15 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj979
Agreed, but they messed up the rosters again. Montrezl Harrell and K. J. McDaniels (Houston Rockets) are the first ones I noticed, what's makes it worse is they were missing originally then added with the last patch, now they are gone again. Anyone notice missing players?
Both were recently called up from the D-League on December 15th. Current rosters probably reflect last week.

# 36 Gotmadskillzson @ 12/19/15 12:50 AM
Welp, just played the Warriors. The splash brothers were splashing all the place. So EA finally got the Warriors playing like the real life Warriors. The Warriors ball movement was incredible.

# 37 Walt Frazier @ 12/19/15 02:08 AM
There are definitely new animations added..i have seen a couple of much better looking lay ups already.

I am not one for the whole 'placebo patch fixed this' stuff...but this one is legit.

The foundation is there right now is terms of gameplay for a really good game going forward if they can get dynasty / season / other modes working.

# 38 blackngoldfan @ 12/19/15 02:18 AM
Are force fields still on the sidelines?

# 39 TarHeelPhenom @ 12/19/15 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyboy225
Attachment 112920 jerseys look good

The Bucks signed Jay-Z. ???

# 40 rockchisler @ 12/19/15 04:29 AM
What a major improvement!!!!!! I'm flabbergasted how well this game is playing now....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.