Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

eSports is officially coming to NBA 2K16 in early 2016. Get your friends together and start practicing in 2K Pro-Am for a shot at a huge cash prize and a trip to the 2016 NBA Finals.

More news on this announcement is coming later today, in the 2K livestream at 7:00 PM ET.

UPDATE: For those of you that missed the livestream, you can watch the archive here.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 mongo13clikke @ 12/24/15 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
How are they gonna counter lag?
If they want to establish the game in the esport scene the game itself will only benefit from it in any way possible. Theres no chance that they will get into the esport scene if the game has bad netcode. Noone wants to play this competitive if its lagging. Also the gameplay itself should only improve. Cheesing methods should be removed as much as possible. Im not interested into playing competitive because I dont have the time but im still glad that they make this step because as I said the game will only benefit from this.

Im also suprised that it took so long for someone to bring a sports game to the esports scene. Sports games are muuuuch easier to understand than any moba, shooter etc...

# 62 tru11 @ 12/24/15 05:24 AM
got a balanced PG who is pass first but can do everything well.

also got a inside scoring PF who can play SF but is kinda undersized for a C.
not that i cant outbox bigger players though.
i do run circles around other C and PF since im 72 or 74 speed lel.

im someone needs a player just add me.

got most of the important badges for those positions BTW.
just a few i need to grind for and get both to 99.

also am considering making an outside SF.

# 63 infamxus @ 12/24/15 11:40 AM
Currently have all positions locked down and looking for a PF that will fit in with our ProAm team. Current record around 40 wins and 3 losses. Made it to #60 on leaderboard but lost a player. Hit me up if you want to try out with us.

XBOX ONE GT: INFAMOUSSSSS

# 64 Snowmonkey92 @ 12/24/15 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
No, before a patch you could simulate games and get free VC, didn't have to play a minute and you could get 500 or more a game, and sim to a practice..all these guys did was exploit the game for free upgrade slots and attributes.

I'd be willing to say the majority of 99's you see did that and aren't legit.
It's not fair to people who aren't gonna cheat to gain these advantages, which is the whole problem with making the game competitive.
Not true!

I have 2 99 players (SF and C), I play HoF simulation, 7 min, the only games I simulate are the first of a back-to-back. The free VC cheat was a very early issue, fixed months ago, and even so, money has never been a problem, 500 000 VC are useless if your upgrades are locked. You CANNOT practice after a sim game, you actually need to play , and if you play the actual games you'll have more VC than you need (I don't buy anything but upgrades and signature move)once your upgrades is unlocked.

Buying shoes, clothes, celebrations and all those pointless things is your choice, if you save your money you'll have a 99 overall player pretty quickly. I never spent a dime to buy VCs and I never will, but I do not waste my time doing useless game, I go to myPark only when my friends are there, same thing for pro-am and when we don't, it's career all the way. Results : we're 5, with 2 players each, at least one of them is 99 overall with 30+ badges.

# 65 HowDareI @ 12/24/15 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmonkey92
Not true!

I have 2 99 players (SF and C), I play HoF simulation, 7 min, the only games I simulate are the first of a back-to-back. The free VC cheat was a very early issue, fixed months ago, and even so, money has never been a problem, 500 000 VC are useless if your upgrades are locked. You CANNOT practice after a sim game, you actually need to play , and if you play the actual games you'll have more VC than you need (I don't buy anything but upgrades and signature move)once your upgrades is unlocked.

Buying shoes, clothes, celebrations and all those pointless things is your choice, if you save your money you'll have a 99 overall player pretty quickly. I never spent a dime to buy VCs and I never will, but I do not waste my time doing useless game, I go to myPark only when my friends are there, same thing for pro-am and when we don't, it's career all the way. Results : we're 5, with 2 players each, at least one of them is 99 overall with 30+ badges.
I never said it was impossible lol, I just said most 99's I see aren't even good which to me means they never actually played for their rating or else they'd know what they're doing.

I have 3 88's and a 75...I can never stay as one position and I try and find the best one for the current game so I'll most likely never be a 99. But badges are key, people don't remember that.

(Not directed at you)...

But how do these leaderboards work??? lol I lose one game from a dropped connection and lose a million ranks, beat a top 50 team and go up a hundred -_-

# 66 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 12/24/15 02:57 PM
Quote:
I never said it was impossible lol, I just said most 99's I see aren't even good which to me means they never actually played for their rating or else they'd know what they're doing.

I have 3 88's and a 75...I can never stay as one position and I try and find the best one for the current game so I'll most likely never be a 99. But badges are key, people don't remember that.

(Not directed at you)...

But how do these leaderboards work??? lol I lose one game from a dropped connection and lose a million ranks, beat a top 50 team and go up a hundred -_-
Ideal man I saw a team with a better record than my , something crazy like 98-11 but they were ranked like 3000 lol.

# 67 HowDareI @ 12/24/15 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Ideal man I saw a team with a better record than my , something crazy like 98-11 but they were ranked like 3000 lol.
I just don't understand how these top teams have such good records when almost all my losses are dropped games...

I wasn't gonna throw no shade but it seems like a lot of the times I'm up against a "good" team the game lags out for everyone...but I'm just sayin lol

# 68 24ct @ 12/24/15 06:04 PM
They probably played scrubs tho. Or teams ranked really low. I remember my climb from 60,000 to now being 130ish. Highest was 109 but I got lagged out and we lost by 3.

What rank are u rockie? And what's your team's record. My squad is like 58-7 and 3-4 losses came from being lagged out smh. It sucks losing ranking by lag but it is what it is. It's my understanding the higher ranks the more you rank up. We played a top 30 team, 27 to be exact and were down 20 but ended up winning by 5 and went up literally thousands of spots lol. From like 5000 to 1000. Then we lost to a rank 9 or like 17 i can't remember but we didn't go down that much.

When we play teams ranked lower which is often we usually go up about 10 spots max. Went up 50 last night after playing a top 300 team that was ranked lower.

# 69 TRaVY2K @ 12/24/15 07:41 PM
Is this for x1 or ps4 .. and I don't see how there will be a tournament if u can't make private gyms like NBA 2k15 with the recs

# 70 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 12/24/15 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
They probably played scrubs tho. Or teams ranked really low. I remember my climb from 60,000 to now being 130ish. Highest was 109 but I got lagged out and we lost by 3.

What rank are u rockie? And what's your team's record. My squad is like 58-7 and 3-4 losses came from being lagged out smh. It sucks losing ranking by lag but it is what it is. It's my understanding the higher ranks the more you rank up. We played a top 30 team, 27 to be exact and were down 20 but ended up winning by 5 and went up literally thousands of spots lol. From like 5000 to 1000. Then we lost to a rank 9 or like 17 i can't remember but we didn't go down that much.

When we play teams ranked lower which is often we usually go up about 10 spots max. Went up 50 last night after playing a top 300 team that was ranked lower.
Used to be 77 but due to schedules and playing with randoms I'm too 300 don't know the exact number. You guys need a PF or a SG?

# 71 DKbeast15 @ 12/24/15 08:40 PM
Anyone looking to play on a team that has a legit chance at winning this thing message me. On a team that's ranked in the top 3,000 and over 50 games played. Looking for a C or PF that is a 90+ and knows how to play well with their man and with a team.

PSN: DKbeast15
Message me if interested

# 72 Daddyellis79 @ 12/24/15 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infamxus
Currently have all positions locked down and looking for a PF that will fit in with our ProAm team. Current record around 40 wins and 3 losses. Made it to #60 on leaderboard but lost a player. Hit me up if you want to try out with us.

XBOX ONE GT: INFAMOUSSSSS
Hey I'm a sf 99 overall with 62 badges. I average at least 4 boards and 4 assist. Any room for me?

# 73 Daddyellis79 @ 12/24/15 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddyellis79
Hey I'm a sf 99 overall with 62 badges. I average at least 4 boards and 4 assist. Any room for me?

Gamer tag daddyellis79 xb1

# 74 Tunechid @ 12/24/15 10:26 PM
Quote:

(Not directed at you)...

Rankings are weird to me I won 4 games in a row but inside of going up I went down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 75 infamxus @ 12/25/15 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddyellis79
Gamer tag daddyellis79 xb1

Got you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 76 Rensational14 @ 12/26/15 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19LloydBanks82
My team is currently ranked (last time I was online on Sunday) number 11 and #1 in Europe with a record of 109-3...2k really messed up with that stuff, we're only able to play europeans and my squad (we're about 10 ppl) is ranked #1, 2 and 3 in Europe with a combined record of 273-6, we played some other teams from the top 10 in europe but we easily beat them by 20 everytime...wish we could play some americans
You're still 0-1 against me in the park thooo

# 77 Rensational14 @ 12/26/15 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19LloydBanks82
lmao whats up merry xmas ill get u next time, just need some better randoms
Lol just kidding. Merry xmas bro.

# 78 RawDiaw @ 12/26/15 04:09 PM
What system are you on and can you knock down the 3

# 79 RawDiaw @ 12/28/15 09:32 AM
Looking for a wingman/knock down shooter for 2k pro am tournament on ps4 if interested pm me on ps4:Raw_diaw

# 80 EdgeACE @ 01/18/16 09:38 PM
I'm a point guard on XBO.

Great ball handling and shooting.
Can shoot from anywhere.
Play smart on offense. Ball movement is key.
Will pass on a good shot for a great one.
Don't take bad shots.
Set others up constantly.
Great on kick out 3's.
Play a "do your job" type of defense. No over committing or over aggressiveness unless necessary for game situation.
85 overall but rapidly improving (plan on being in the 90's in about a week)

Send me a message on XBO: Downfall24

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.