Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

A new Madden NFL 16 roster update has just arrived. Check out the blog here and the sortable spreadsheet of all changes here.

GOING UP
  • Cameron Heyward +1 (95)
  • Greg Olsen +1 (95)
  • Richie Incognito +1 (95)
  • Tamba Hali +1 (94)
  • Drew Brees +1 (93)
  • T.J. Lang +1 (93)
  • Vontae Davis +1 (93)
  • Doug Martin +2 (92)
  • Amari Cooper +1 (85)
  • Blake Bortles +1 (85)
  • Jadeveon Clowney +2 (84)
  • David Johnson +3 (77)
GOING DOWN
  • Aaron Rodgers -1 (96)
  • Calais Campbell -1 (96)
  • Zack Martin -1 (96)
  • Muhammad Wilkerson -1 (96)
  • Cliff Avril -1 (94)
  • Odell Beckham Jr. -1 (94)
  • Chris Harris Jr. -1 (93)
  • Josh Norman -1 (93)
  • Marcell Dareus -1 (93)
  • Travis Frederick -1 (93)
  • DeMarco Murray -1 (84)
  • D.J. Fluker -2 (78)

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 drtre88 @ 12/24/15 05:25 PM
Will someone please direct their attention to the overall team rankings. The Steelers have a team overall of 83 while the Ravens sit at 85. It's been that way for 3 updates now and it's making it very hard to take any of these changes seriously

# 2 Millennium @ 12/24/15 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtre88
Will someone please direct their attention to the overall team rankings. The Steelers have a team overall of 83 while the Ravens sit at 85. It's been that way for 3 updates now and it's making it very hard to take any of these changes seriously
As has been spoken about more times than I can count - Using overalls (team or player) to judge ratings is not the way to go. You would be much better off examining the changes on a player by player/individual rating base.

# 3 drtre88 @ 12/24/15 06:41 PM
Why have them if they are going to be grossly inaccurate? I don't care if they use the rankings from NFL.com but having a 9-5 team ranked lower than a 4-11 team is ridiculous regardless

# 4 Cavicchi @ 12/24/15 09:21 PM
Seems to me these rating boosts are for those with quick or Superstar development. They increase attributes for Patrick Peterson like 97 for man coverage, but when starting a franchise with him, his consistency is just 45 and still normal development. They only boost or reduce attributes but don't change consistency or development.

# 5 ggsimmonds @ 12/24/15 09:31 PM
Quote:
Unless something has changed, team overall ratings are entirely useless. Donny once said that it is a made up number he gives to teams. It is not based off of any calculations.

# 6 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 12/24/15 09:56 PM
Quote:
100% agree! This bothers me to no end. The Raiders & Ravens are rated higher than the Steelers smh. Really EA? Get the overall team ratings correct!

# 7 jerwoods @ 12/24/15 10:14 PM
as much as it pains me to say denver is not a 92 more like a 88

# 8 Candyman5 @ 12/25/15 09:45 AM
Quote:
You really cant do anything about the Ravens team overall. They are still a good team just injuries killed thier season. No way you can argue that point.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

# 9 drtre88 @ 12/25/15 11:18 AM
The Ravens were losing games just as consistently as they were losing players, Regardless, they are a 4 win team and aiming for a top 5 draft pick so they should be rated accordingly

# 10 Cavicchi @ 12/25/15 01:19 PM
Amari Cooper with catch rating of 80.
Devante Parker with Catch rating of 85.

Cooper has something like 3 times as many catches. I guess less catches means higher catch rating

# 11 Shards @ 12/25/15 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Unless something has changed, team overall ratings are entirely useless. Donny once said that it is a made up number he gives to teams. It is not based off of any calculations.
In not sure if this is still true but in previous games if you made one change to a roster it would recalculate the overall based on player ratings. I used to sign a player and then cut him on each team.

# 12 underdog13 @ 12/29/15 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi

Cooper has something like 3 times as many catches. I guess less catches means higher catch rating
Because catches = catch ability?
It's not like catches have anything to do with getting open and the QB throwing them the ball right?

# 13 mathey270 @ 12/30/15 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
100% agree! This bothers me to no end. The Raiders & Ravens are rated higher than the Steelers smh. Really EA? Get the overall team ratings correct!
Ravens beat steelers twice this year...just saying

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

# 14 onetonmartin @ 12/30/15 06:17 PM
Quote:

Cooper can run like the wind and get open, but he drops a lot of balls. I think he leads the league in drops.

(I'm a Raiders fan)

# 15 Cavicchi @ 12/31/15 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Because catches = catch ability?
It's not like catches have anything to do with getting open and the QB throwing them the ball right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonmartin
Cooper can run like the wind and get open, but he drops a lot of balls. I think he leads the league in drops.

(I'm a Raiders fan)
But how do you know what Parker of the Dolphins is doing? Do you have a link to drops stats?

Cooper has 70 catches and Parker has 21 catches. What we don't know is how many drops Parker would have given the same opportunity. By the way, Cooper's 92 speed rating with 88 acceleration does not reflect a run like the wind receiver.

# 16 iBlievN5 @ 12/31/15 03:48 PM
Quote:
But how do you know what Parker of the Dolphins is doing? Do you have a link to drops stats?

Cooper has 70 catches and Parker has 21 catches. What we don't know is how many drops Parker would have given the same opportunity. By the way, Cooper's 92 speed rating with 88 acceleration does not reflect a run like the wind receiver.
Okay then how do we rate anyone we haven't seen on the field? What you're saying is purposefully ignoring the reality that Cooper has dropped a lot of passes.

As far as speed that's pretty standard for a fast player this year. Jamaal Charles has that speed.

# 17 Cavicchi @ 12/31/15 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
Okay then how do we rate anyone we haven't seen on the field? What you're saying is purposefully ignoring the reality that Cooper has dropped a lot of passes.

As far as speed that's pretty standard for a fast player this year. Jamaal Charles has that speed.
Thomas of the Broncos has also dropped a number of passes, and he is a superstar development. Show me the link to drop passes statistics. Until then, I'll go by catches, and 70 to 21 is quite a difference.

# 18 Airfaron23 @ 12/31/15 09:59 PM
Anyone heard if we are getting a roster update this week? Usually it releases on Thursdays around 5pm CT. Didn't know if it's being delayed because of the holidays.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

# 19 Gman 18 @ 12/31/15 11:53 PM
ODB goes down a point and he didn't even play! C'mon man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 20 pimpinpidgeon8 @ 01/01/16 01:03 PM
So there was a New Years roster update?

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.