Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

A new Madden NFL 16 roster update has just arrived. Check out the blog here and the sortable spreadsheet of all changes here.

GOING UP
  • Cameron Heyward +1 (95)
  • Greg Olsen +1 (95)
  • Richie Incognito +1 (95)
  • Tamba Hali +1 (94)
  • Drew Brees +1 (93)
  • T.J. Lang +1 (93)
  • Vontae Davis +1 (93)
  • Doug Martin +2 (92)
  • Amari Cooper +1 (85)
  • Blake Bortles +1 (85)
  • Jadeveon Clowney +2 (84)
  • David Johnson +3 (77)
GOING DOWN
  • Aaron Rodgers -1 (96)
  • Calais Campbell -1 (96)
  • Zack Martin -1 (96)
  • Muhammad Wilkerson -1 (96)
  • Cliff Avril -1 (94)
  • Odell Beckham Jr. -1 (94)
  • Chris Harris Jr. -1 (93)
  • Josh Norman -1 (93)
  • Marcell Dareus -1 (93)
  • Travis Frederick -1 (93)
  • DeMarco Murray -1 (84)
  • D.J. Fluker -2 (78)

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 azdawgpound @ 01/01/16 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpinpidgeon8
So there was a New Years roster update?

No there was no update this week sorta surprised we got one last week due to Christmas.

# 22 iBlievN5 @ 01/01/16 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Thomas of the Broncos has also dropped a number of passes, and he is a superstar development. Show me the link to drop passes statistics. Until then, I'll go by catches, and 70 to 21 is quite a difference.
I just googled "Amari cooper drops" though if you're such a big fan of him you should be aware of this. http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2015/

I don't know anything about development, and going by catches makes no sense - you can catch a bunch of passes and drop a bunch of passes.

# 23 Cavicchi @ 01/02/16 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
I just googled "Amari cooper drops" though if you're such a big fan of him you should be aware of this. http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2015/

I don't know anything about development, and going by catches makes no sense - you can catch a bunch of passes and drop a bunch of passes.
Using your very own link with drops, Mike Evans has same amount of receptions but more drops than Cooper. Evans has 87 for catching and Cooper has 80.

By the way, I am not a Raider fan or even a fan of Cooper. I am for catching justice! Thomas of the Broncos also has more drops than Cooper. Both Thomas and Evans are superstar development, Cooper is Quick.

Cooper is 92 speed and 88 acceleration, so the comparison between him and Jamal Charles is not equal--Charles has 92 for acceleration There are many WR's with rated higher speed than Cooper. Cooper's speed and acceleration does not reflect a run like the wind receiver.

# 24 ggsimmonds @ 01/02/16 07:24 PM
Quote:
Using your very own link with drops, Mike Evans has same amount of receptions but more drops than Cooper. Evans has 87 for catching and Cooper has 80.

By the way, I am not a Raider fan or even a fan of Cooper. I am for catching justice! Thomas of the Broncos also has more drops than Cooper. Both Thomas and Evans are superstar development, Cooper is Quick.

Cooper is 92 speed and 88 acceleration, so the comparison between him and Jamal Charles is not equal--Charles has 92 for acceleration There are many WR's with rated higher speed than Cooper. Cooper's speed and acceleration does not reflect a run like the wind receiver.
Evans having a 87 for catch is concerning, but Cooper's speed is fine. His 40 time was 4.42. 92 speed is good, in fact having this scale is something many of us on OS have wanted (being above 90 in anything should be special).

On the issue of Mike Evans and his catches, I wonder if EA manipulates attributes to fit their player type system. Mike Evans fits their role of red zone threat because he is tall. I wonder if to better fit into that role in game he gets informal boosts to certain attributes. By informal I mean that they don't have a hard policy like points added due to veteran status on job assessments, but rather they don't realize they are overrating him if that makes sense.

Edit: Comparing drops with number of receptions is the wrong way to do it. Compare it with number of targets, i.e. look at the drop percentage. Doing so doesn't invalidate your issue but it is still something you need to be aware of.

What is Edelman's catch rating?

# 25 Gman 18 @ 01/02/16 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Evans having a 87 for catch is concerning, but Cooper's speed is fine. His 40 time was 4.42. 92 speed is good, in fact having this scale is something many of us on OS have wanted (being above 90 in anything should be special).

On the issue of Mike Evans and his catches, I wonder if EA manipulates attributes to fit their player type system. Mike Evans fits their role of red zone threat because he is tall. I wonder if to better fit into that role in game he gets informal boosts to certain attributes. By informal I mean that they don't have a hard policy like points added due to veteran status on job assessments, but rather they don't realize they are overrating him if that makes sense.

Edit: Comparing drops with number of receptions is the wrong way to do it. Compare it with number of targets, i.e. look at the drop percentage. Doing so doesn't invalidate your issue but it is still something you need to be aware of.

You are right on about EA manipulating Evans' ratings to fit his role of " red zone threat ". Considering how outdated EA's player rating system is, that's pretty much the only way they can get Evans to perform in the red zone like he does in real life. If EA had signature skills/traits, Evans could be given the " red zone threat " skill, as would Packers WR James Jones. I have no idea what Jones' ratings are, but the guy's only real impact at this stage in his career is in the red zone. Back to Evans, if EA didn't intentionally raise his catch rating, he probably wouldn't make certain catches in the red zone. Also, knowing how some ratings of big-name, prominent players are hype-generated, that probably also contributes to the inflated ratings of said players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 26 Cavicchi @ 01/03/16 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds

The reason I mentioned drops was in reply to the person I quoted in my post.

Evans was targeted 138 times with 70 catches.

Cooper was targeted 125 times with 70 catches.

Edelman has a catch rating of--someone give me a drum roll--94.

Now I don't necessarily agree that targets is the main factor in determining catch rating. In that scenario, I would need to know why the catch wasn't made, such as QB inaccuracy. If the QB overthrows, then no fault of the receiver. What I don't know is how they count targets. Is it by touches or just direction? If it is direction, then again, QB not being accurate should not count against receiver for catches.

I don't think height alone makes that Red Zone Threat rating. Kevin White is 6'3" same as Julio Jones but is Balanced while Julio is a Red Zone Threat type.

# 27 ggsimmonds @ 01/03/16 05:04 PM
Quote:
The reason I mentioned drops was in reply to the person I quoted in my post.

Evans was targeted 138 times with 70 catches.

Cooper was targeted 125 times with 70 catches.

Edelman has a catch rating of--someone give me a drum roll--94.

Now I don't necessarily agree that targets is the main factor in determining catch rating. In that scenario, I would need to know why the catch wasn't made, such as QB inaccuracy. If the QB overthrows, then no fault of the receiver. What I don't know is how they count targets. Is it by touches or just direction? If it is direction, then again, QB not being accurate should not count against receiver for catches.

I don't think height alone makes that Red Zone Threat rating. Kevin White is 6'3" same as Julio Jones but is Balanced while Julio is a Red Zone Threat type.
A target is anytime a QB attempts to complete a pass to a pass catcher. It doesn't matter if the pass was way off the mark or not.

A drop is typically defined as a pass that ought to be caught with normal amount of effort, e.g. if you go up to try to catch a high pass with one hand and fail it is not counted as a drop.

I didn't mean that targets should determine the catch rating. What I meant was that you should not look at drops in a vacuum. That is why they made the drop rate, which looks at drops as a percentage of targets. That tells you how reliable a guy is (as much as a single stat can tell you anyway)

# 28 dfine1966 @ 01/03/16 08:01 PM
Did they get rid of injured reserve in this update? Jordy Nelson and others are no longer on injured reserve.

# 29 loccdogg26 @ 01/04/16 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfine1966
Did they get rid of injured reserve in this update? Jordy Nelson and others are no longer on injured reserve.

I think it was done in the previous update.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...yers-gone.html

# 30 hellblazer @ 01/04/16 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfine1966

The reason they got rid of IR is because if 8 people were on IR that prevented any future injury from occurring.

I'm inpatient for the next roster release because I want to start a franchise with it. Are they planning on releasing a roster update on Thursday?

# 31 roadman @ 01/04/16 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellblazer
The reason they got rid of IR is because if 8 people were on IR that prevented any future injury from occurring.

I'm inpatient for the next roster release because I want to start a franchise with it. Are they planning on releasing a roster update on Thursday?
I'm assuming everything is back on schedule from the holidays like other companies.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.