Home
News Post

As we close the books on 2015, its time to look ahead to 2016.

We're doing a piece tomorrow on our sports gaming predictions of 2016, but we first wanted to hear from all of you on what you expect this next year!

Let us know in the comments what you are predicting for sports games next year. Will there be any surprises? Will there be no surprises?

Sound off!

Member Comments
# 1 DatIsraeliGuy @ 12/31/15 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

As we close the books on 2015, its time to look ahead to 2016.

We're doing a piece tomorrow on our sports gaming predictions of 2016, but we first wanted to hear from all of you on what you expect this next year!

Let us know in the comments what you are predicting for sports games next year. Will there be any surprises? Will there be no surprises?

Sound off!
NBA 2k16 will grab game of the year, no doubt about that.
Something tells me MLB 16:The Show will take the presentation of the year.
Rocket League will take indy game.
NBA 2k16 Pro Am/Relocation will win innovation of the year.

# 2 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 12/31/15 04:37 PM
A new college football game will be announced at E3.

# 3 jethrotull @ 12/31/15 05:02 PM
I hope you are right about college football!!!

# 4 ubernoob @ 12/31/15 07:58 PM
No new college games, and there isn't near enough reason to make MVP.

Not nearly enough ROI for a game that would need to be built from scratch.

# 5 rkocjay @ 12/31/15 09:28 PM
Madden gets better

# 6 CujoMatty @ 12/31/15 09:47 PM
EA makes a mobile version of MVP based off of 05.

# 7 Skyflame21 @ 12/31/15 10:19 PM
My hope for 2016 is that NBA2K though a good game is still way to antimation driven. Nothing irrates me more than having an animation take over an produce an action that was not what I would've intended. I just would like a bit more control.

The Show, which is great in gameplay, will finally figure out that there is more than four stat categories that are kept from season to season. Baseball's entire history and comparison are stat driven. To have only four carry over year to year is embarrassing.

NHL will continue to build a well balanced game. Would like to see the return of online GM. Also the player ratings need a further separation. Way too many guys that are mid 80s and higher. We need a wider spectrum of player variance in skill.

FIFA please will add an online dynasty feature. It seems to be the only true lack from a great game. Also it would be great if they would switch their approach with the updates. Either it's a sim or an arcade and then let the slider gurus do their stuff. With the constant flip flopping it makes it difficult to keep an game style I can continuously enjoy.

Madden will continue to be pointless. UI is a eye sore and very slow and clunky. The WR/DB though a great idea was awful as it became almost your entire offense. Also there is a real need to figure out how to get player ratings more accurate within the game representation. I do not really see that big a drop off from Aaron Rodgers to Josh Freeman. This needs to be addressed.

# 8 Cam Fan @ 12/31/15 10:37 PM
NBA 2k16 will add a larger number of college teams to my player
Madden will surprise
NASCAR game will be fun
Olympic game on PS4 should be interesting
MLB the Show will have some nice additions to seriously compete for GOY
Praying for college football...we're getting closer.
UFC will be a very decent game
NHL will contend for GOY but will fall short to 2k.

# 9 WaddupCouzin @ 12/31/15 11:09 PM
Live will be digital only type game and not at full-price.

# 10 Twinkie12 @ 01/01/16 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyflame21
My hope for 2016 is that NBA2K though a good game is still way to antimation driven. Nothing irrates me more than having an animation take over an produce an action that was not what I would've intended. I just would like a bit more control.

The Show, which is great in gameplay, will finally figure out that there is more than four stat categories that are kept from season to season. Baseball's entire history and comparison are stat driven. To have only four carry over year to year is embarrassing.

NHL will continue to build a well balanced game. Would like to see the return of online GM. Also the player ratings need a further separation. Way too many guys that are mid 80s and higher. We need a wider spectrum of player variance in skill.

FIFA please will add an online dynasty feature. It seems to be the only true lack from a great game. Also it would be great if they would switch their approach with the updates. Either it's a sim or an arcade and then let the slider gurus do their stuff. With the constant flip flopping it makes it difficult to keep an game style I can continuously enjoy.

Madden will continue to be pointless. UI is a eye sore and very slow and clunky. The WR/DB though a great idea was awful as it became almost your entire offense. Also there is a real need to figure out how to get player ratings more accurate within the game representation. I do not really see that big a drop off from Aaron Rodgers to Josh Freeman. This needs to be addressed.
I agree with all of this post except for the last couple sentences. Madden's franchise is a joke, and I would like to see some changes on the field. That said, I feel like the elite players stand out, as they should. There is a huge difference using a bad quarterback compared to elite. HUGE. And there is a huge difference using lower rated WR versus elite WRs. I think the big separation in skills with players on the field is one of the few things Madden does well.

On 2016, I think its going to be a massive year for The Show. I loved 15, and with 16 being the third cycle on the PS4 I think there will be a big improvement on what is already a great game.

# 11 bballshawn24 @ 01/01/16 08:02 PM
2k will try to squeeze more money from VC

# 12 TNBassMan10 @ 01/04/16 04:49 PM
Unfortunately, there will not be a college football game announcement at E3. (And I will cry quietly again)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.