Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

EA Sports UFC 2 is shipping in North America on March 15 and worldwide on March 17. Check out the official gameplay trailer here and the full press release below.

FINISH THE FIGHT WITH EA SPORTS UFC 2 STARTING MARCH 15

New Action-Packed Gameplay Trailer Highlights Big Moments From Recent Title Fights Fans Who Pre-Order Get Bas Rutten, Kazushi Sakuraba, and a Mystery Fighter*

Electronic Arts Inc. today announced EA SPORTS™ UFC® 2 launches on March 15, 2016 in North America, and March 17, 2016 worldwide. In addition to the announcement, EA released a cinematic trailer for EA SPORTS UFC 2 featuring some of the biggest moments from recent bouts, showcasing authentic gameplay features, and highlighting new character visuals and signature animations. The trailer opens on EA SPORTS UFC 2 cover athlete and UFC® featherweight champion, Conor McGregor showing fans the all-new Knockout Physics System in his championship fight at UFC® 194. From there, fans will see Dynamic Grappling, and Next-Level Submissions while reliving some of the heart-stopping moments from recent fights, and speculating what could happen in upcoming contests. Watch the trailer here.

“Whether fans want to play upcoming cards, recreate the outcome of recent fights, or go back to fight with MMA legends, we’ll help them do that in the most authentic and exciting way ever in an MMA simulation,” said Brian Hayes, Creative Director. “Our first two pre-order fighters, Bas Rutten and Kazushi Sakuraba are perfect additions to what is already the biggest roster ever for an official UFC game. Adding them is huge, and fans are going to go nuts when we reveal who the mystery fighter is. I can’t wait.”

Fans excited to step into the Octagon® can pre-order EA SPORTS UFC 2 and get day one access to two legendary fighters: UFC Hall of Famer and three-time King of Pancrase, Bas Rutten; and Japanese MMA legend, “The Gracie Hunter” Kazushi Sakuraba, with an additional mystery fighter who will be named later.* The deluxe edition of the game also includes up to $60 of UFC Ultimate Team™ Premium Packs**. For pre-order information, visit http://easports.com/UFC/buy.

EA SPORTS UFC 2 is headlined by five brand new game modes including KO Mode and UFC Ultimate Team, a revamped Career Mode that lets fans create female fighters for the first time ever in an official UFC game, and Grapple Assist, an integrated visual tool to help players learn and perfect takedowns, ground game transitions, and submissions. Full feature and mode details can be found at http://easports.com/ufc/features.

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 aholbert32 @ 01/05/16 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyone14
Hey aholbert32, question for you are there fight camps now in career mode? Can our guy choose which camp to join?
No, i dont believe so.

# 22 godylla @ 01/05/16 02:47 PM
My guess for the Secret Fighter is Joe Rogan.

# 23 mosdef328 @ 01/05/16 02:55 PM
Love the footage of the fighter (not sure who she was, only had time to watch once) taking the other girls back while they were standing. I felt like that was sorely missed in the last game.

# 24 The JareBear @ 01/05/16 02:59 PM
Good stuff. I'm not sure I'm all-in on the ultimate team stuff but props for adding more content for more fans.

Can't wait to get in depth career mode details

# 25 Slyone14 @ 01/05/16 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
No, i dont believe so.

Okay, thanks bro, I appreciate it. I didn't think so, but I appreciate it. That was a neat feature of UFC 3, where you did. Last question, if you don't mind. In ufc 3, we would get invited to ufc fights that happened periodically, if you remember where we could watch them.

Do you happen to know, if in this UFC we can watch the fights/title fights in career mode in which we do not appear in? If that makes sense, no really sure how to word it. Thank you again

# 26 aholbert32 @ 01/05/16 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyone14
Okay, thanks bro, I appreciate it. I didn't think so, but I appreciate it. That was a neat feature of UFC 3, where you did. Last question, if you don't mind. In ufc 3, we would get invited to ufc fights that happened periodically, if you remember where we could watch them.

Do you happen to know, if in this UFC we can watch the fights/title fights in career mode in which we do not appear in? If that makes sense, no really sure how to word it. Thank you again
I dont know the answer to that one.

# 27 fballturkey @ 01/05/16 03:19 PM
I don't put too much stock in these trailers because most of what I want to know I can only find out through extended video of gameplay or playing myself, but the game does look very good
Edit: And I really wish they'd let us actually fight out the fight cards whether we're in them or not. It seems like a pretty easy olive branch to extend to us Universe guys.

# 28 Slyone14 @ 01/05/16 03:44 PM
One thing that really bugged me about UFC 1, and please tell me if this didn't bug anyone else. But, So in career mode, you made your ultimate fighter guy, won the tournament. YAY!! Finally, made it into the ufc, ranked 50. Because of the roster, it would literally take sometimes 15-20 fighters before you would crack the top 15, to where you would actually get to fight a named fighter. By, this time, quite a few retired.

Im really hopeful with this new one, with the HUGE expanded roster that this wont happen again. That once I win the ultimate fighter ill be a competitor in the UFC and get some good fighters with named people. Heck! Maybe in this new one, you will come out of the Ultimate fighter ranked higher.

Just my 2 cents, either way ive already pre-ordered the game, so im excited.

# 29 sportsfan8812 @ 01/05/16 03:57 PM
Aholbert..... Now that the trailer has dropped and more information has come out, is there any cool little tidbits you can share with us in the areas that info has been released? I know i'm reaching here haha. Maybe its better for us to just ask questions like we have been and you will answer what you can?

# 30 aholbert32 @ 01/05/16 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan8812
Aholbert..... Now that the trailer has dropped and more information has come out, is there any cool little tidbits you can share with us in the areas that info has been released? I know i'm reaching here haha. Maybe its better for us to just ask questions like we have been and you will answer what you can?
Ask questions and I'll try to answer.

# 31 Jono078 @ 01/05/16 04:04 PM
Loved the trailer!

Graphics look better than what has been shown so far and the look and feel look different to UFC 1 - which is great!

I was worried with the previous teasers that it looked exactly the same, but this one seemed to show a better flow and animations and of course the knockouts and facial damage!

Woop getting excited!

I think the mystery fighter will be Mike Tyson.

# 32 Slyone14 @ 01/05/16 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
Loved the trailer!

Graphics look better than what has been shown so far and the look and feel look different to UFC 1 - which is great!

I was worried with the previous teasers that it looked exactly the same, but this one seemed to show a better flow and animations and of course the knockouts and facial damage!

Woop getting excited!

I think the mystery fighter will be Mike Tyson.

NO way, its FLoyd Mayweather because all the smack talk he did with Ronda..

# 33 aholbert32 @ 01/05/16 05:33 PM
Here is list of the fighters confirmed in the trailer.

Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor
Luke Rockhold vs Chris Weidman
Andrei Arlovski vs Travis Browne
Paige VanZant vs Rose Namajunas
Charles Oliveira vs Nik Lentz
Robbie Lawler vs Rory MacDonald
Holly Holm vs Ronda Rousey
Anderson Silva vs Vitor Belfort
Sakuraba vs Gracie
TJ Dillashaw
Jon Jones
Joanna Champion vs Jessica Penne
Josh Barnett vs Todd Duffee
Bas Rutten vs Mark Coleman
Thomas Almeida vs Brad Pickett
Anthony Pettis vs Bobby Green
Mighty Mouse vs Kyoji Horiguchi
Rafael dos Anjos vs Cowboy Cerrone
Cain Velasquez vs Fabricio Werdum
Conor McGregor vs Max Holloway

# 34 PhiPsi1 @ 01/05/16 06:08 PM
@aholbert32 -

This may have been asked before (maybe even months ago) and confirmed, but do you have to use a Create-a-fighter for Career mode? Or is it possible to use a fighter on the roster?

# 35 sportsfan8812 @ 01/05/16 06:08 PM
Do you know if event mode has any universe-like elements? For instance, can we setup a calendar of different events, track title holders, view fighter rankings and stuff like that?

# 36 aholbert32 @ 01/05/16 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
@aholbert32 -

This may have been asked before (maybe even months ago) and confirmed, but do you have to use a Create-a-fighter for Career mode? Or is it possible to use a fighter on the roster?

I am 99.9 percent sure that u can use a fighter from the roster.

# 37 aholbert32 @ 01/05/16 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan8812
Do you know if event mode has any universe-like elements? For instance, can we setup a calendar of different events, track title holders, view fighter rankings and stuff like that?

None. It's very similar to ufc3's event mode.

# 38 jb12780 @ 01/05/16 07:07 PM
Will Conor have his green shorts like he did at 194 vs. Aldo?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 39 aholbert32 @ 01/05/16 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780

I don't know but I thought those things were a one time thing because he couldn't wear the same shorts as Aldo since they were both champions.

# 40 redsox4evur @ 01/05/16 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780

I think was asked in the other thread. And the answer was no. He could only wear those because he was a champion and Aldo was a champion.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.