Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Designer, Justin Patel has mentioned a new course is coming soon. It will either be Oakmont or the TPC Stadium Course at PGA West. He didn't confirm which one. On another note, the team has been working on an unannounced feature, which is scheduled to arrive when the next course is released, possibly even sooner.

What do you think it could be?

Quote:
Hope you all had a good holiday season. I know you're all looking forward to the next update. As you know, we still have Oakmont and the TPC Stadium Course at PGA West to release that we have announced. I'm not gonna say which is coming next, but I will say that we hit 0 bugs on that update today. So a little more testing to make sure we didn't miss anything and then we will be sending it off to certification. No date yet but hopefully it gets out soon enough.

I will also say that we have been working on something that hasn't been announced yet. That feature has been taking up most of our time lately so you won't see any new features in the next update, just a course. But that feature is coming along nicely and my hope is that we can have it out by the following course update if not sooner.

Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 21 bubnme @ 01/25/16 09:05 PM
Alternate shot for online play would be great... No news yet?

# 22 bubnme @ 02/03/16 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubnme
Alternate shot for online play would be great... No news yet?
Any news on the update?

# 23 OnlookerDelay @ 02/04/16 05:57 AM
Quote:
Any news on the update?
No, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some significant options in the HUD (option to turn off tempo bubble) and presentation area (namely a "Pro View" camera in which you can actually track the ball from the golfer's perspective view on shots of 50 yards, or more), along with turn-based online multiplayer.

# 24 OnlookerDelay @ 02/05/16 09:05 AM
Quote:
Any news on the update?
Here's a change to my previous answer to you; I read yesterday that EA has an unscheduled update coming out soon. It was sent off for certification on Wednesday. It does not include Oakmont, which they are still working on. The only hint they dropped about the nature of the update is it will add a new way to play unranked online h2h games. My guess is that would be an option for turn-based play.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.