Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Another NBA 2K16 roster update has arrived today, we've listed some of the changes below.

GOING UP
  • Kevin Durant +1 (93)
  • John Wall +1 (90)
  • Draymond Green +2 (89)
  • Chris Paul +1 (89)
  • Andre Drummond +1 (88)
  • DeMarcus Cousins +1 (88)
  • Jimmy Butler +2 (88)
  • Carmelo Anthony +1 (87)
  • Dwyane Wade +1 (86)
  • DeMar DeRozan +1 (86)
  • Pau Gasol +1 (86)
  • Chris Bosh +1 (85)
  • Nikola Vucevic +1 (84)
  • Reggie Jackson +1 (84)
  • Karl-Anthony Towns +1 (83)
  • Kemba Walker +2 (83)
  • Gordon Hayward +1 (82)
  • Avery Bradley +1 (81)
  • Manu Ginobili +1 (81)
  • J.J. Redick +1 (80)
  • Kobe Bryant +1 (78)
GOING DOWN
  • Tim Duncan -2 (83)
  • C.J. McCollum -1 (82)
  • Marc Gasol -2 (82)
  • Rudy Gay -1 (81)
  • Andrew Wiggins -1 (80)
Each roster update contains accessory and team color changes.

To see a more detailed breakdown of the roster update, which includes individual attribute updates, head on over to 2KMTC.

Let us know what you are seeing!

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 dnyce87 @ 01/09/16 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
1. What does that have to do with his dunk rating? It's like saying Kobe and Vince should still have 90 dunk.

2. Rose BEFORE his surgeries was nowhere near the dunker Westbrook/Wall/etc are.
I agree with your 1st point about vince and kobe, but I strongly disagree and would reconsider your 2nd point.

https://youtu.be/dG71-FW9w3w

# 102 SpeedyClaxton @ 01/09/16 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnyce87
I agree with your 1st point about vince and kobe, but I strongly disagree and would reconsider your 2nd point.

https://youtu.be/dG71-FW9w3w
Rose before injuries was one hell of a dunker and if i might add much better crossover than Westbrook's

# 103 dnyce87 @ 01/09/16 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyClaxton
Rose before injuries was one hell of a dunker and if i might add much better crossover than Westbrook's
Westbrook doesn't even need a crossover lol. His god given athletic ability and size for the PG position is unmatched in today's game. More often than not he just bull dozes his way or blows by everyone. After a made basket, he creates his own semi fast break and in a blink of an eye he is finishing at the other end lol.

D Rose was too much of a beast and fun to watch before the injuries. Now he has slowed his game down, and it looks like when he wants to blow by someone he hesitates and just does a lot of hesi' dribbles before he initiates his signature jump hook shot.

He is still just as acrobatic as before, but the last few games I watched he didn't finish the layup like he didn't have enough hangtime. I'm sure he can get back to at least those crazy acrobatic layups, but as far as dunking like he used to we won't see that until he is mentally more confident.

# 104 MoneyOvaHuds @ 01/09/16 12:16 PM
I think the dunking argument is more a tendency thing than ability and Rose before the surgeries had bunnies . Anybody can dunk a lot like I said its tendencies. So Ra is totally wrong about Rose not being the dunker Russ or Wall is in terms of ability pre injuries

https://youtu.be/KLiUlLQP3Do

https://youtu.be/5pMe3DmKeIs

Team USA 2014

https://youtu.be/y23CDZbJBms

# 105 MoneyOvaHuds @ 01/09/16 12:26 PM
Rose layup the other night vs bucks , he still has hang just uses it sparingly

https://youtu.be/Qoqps9ZsOfU

# 106 Peninc @ 01/09/16 12:33 PM
Roster ratings changes from week to week based on a couple of games is ridiculous to me. Particularly because it sets the game up to play unrealistically from week to week. If I start a MyGM mode right now. You're telling me that Draymond will be better than Tim Duncan, Blake Griffin, Drummond, Aldridge, Pau, etc for the entire duration of my franchise experience? It just doesn't make sense.

Find a base rating for a player that encompasses his attributes and skill set based on months of play and then adjust from there occasionally. This week to week stuff is basically a way to represent hot and cold streaks. A better solution must be found.

# 107 ksuttonjr76 @ 01/09/16 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
I think the dunking argument is more a tendency thing than ability and Rose before the surgeries had bunnies . Anybody can dunk a lot like I said its tendencies. So Ra is totally wrong about Rose not being the dunker Russ or Wall is in terms of ability pre injuries

https://youtu.be/KLiUlLQP3Do

https://youtu.be/5pMe3DmKeIs

Team USA 2014

https://youtu.be/y23CDZbJBms
Have to agree to disagree. Rose having hops is not the same as him dunking like Westbrook. Westbrook is a f*cking animal with his dunks...in traffic.

# 108 MoneyOvaHuds @ 01/09/16 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Have to agree to disagree. Rose having hops is not the same as him dunking like Westbrook. Westbrook is a f*cking animal with his dunks...in traffic.

What ?

Dunking is ability and style , Rose is more poetic and Russ is more Raw aggressive . Rose best Russ in every athletic test at the combine , like it's shown in the video Rose was very capable of dunking on people but he with his style he rarely did it. Rose body control is better than Russ leading to Rose avoiding contact . Russ not as much as rose so he tries to go thru people , it's just his style . Not a slight

Don't confuse vertical with style

Brandon Roy has a 40 inch vertical but never really used it . Style of play

https://youtu.be/UXmbw39kLJI

Prob repeating myself but just because a player doesn't show very often they can bust thru a player dunking doesn't mean they can't . Rose shown shown it plenty of times in his career just chooses not too . Style of Dunker

# 109 dnyce87 @ 01/09/16 12:59 PM
Quote:
Yes, Westbrook slams with authority and his demeanor when going to the rim is much harsher and volatile than DRose. But to say that Drose wasn't on par with his dunking and tendency to dunk like Wall and Westbrook before injuries is straight up disrespectful and delusional lol.

No one is going to argue that the present DRose can compete with those 2 guys athletically right now, but if he can get his confidence back and remove those mental blocks that every athlete has going through major and multiple injuries, I believe he can be close to what he once was.

# 110 Crea8vity @ 01/09/16 02:15 PM
Quote:
Huh? Paul George broke his leg, and he still dunks. Besides, the rating is high enough where he can dunk on wide open fastbreaks, but low enough where he won't be coming down the lane and dunking in traffic.
A broken leg is NOT the same as a torn ACL and a meniscus that he tore... twice.

I don't care for his dunk rating, I was playing online with Rose last night and he could dunk fine, I'm just more concerned with his other ratings that I disagree with

# 111 Crea8vity @ 01/09/16 02:18 PM
Quote:
1. What does that have to do with his dunk rating? It's like saying Kobe and Vince should still have 90 dunk.

2. Rose BEFORE his surgeries was nowhere near the dunker Westbrook/Wall/etc are.
I agree that his dunk rating is accurate if he doesn't dunk IRL, but your second point.... come on now. You know thats false

# 112 SpeedyClaxton @ 01/09/16 02:37 PM
I understand people who rant about Rose dunk rating but you remember last year when Chris Paul could finish any fastbreak dunk ? Dude barely dunked once or twice in career yet in 2k15 was like second coming of Allen Iverson in his prime. I'm completely sure that Derrick Rose even now can dunk any kind of dunk, windmill, double clutch or tomahawk but he doesn't do it IRL so it must be translated in game...so when we're about reality and in game reality, Derrick Williams of NY rocks dreadlocks IRL in game he has semigrown afro..so yeah we can talk about reality and authenticity all day long, it's pointless.

# 113 Real2KInsider @ 01/09/16 04:21 PM
Quote:
Prob repeating myself but just because a player doesn't show very often they can bust thru a player dunking doesn't mean they can't . Rose shown shown it plenty of times in his career just chooses not too . Style of Dunker
Rose's "style of dunking" are uncontested two-hand dunks. He doesn't dunk in traffic with the frequency/ferocity of Westbrook because NBA defenders aren't clowns.

Meanwhile...

It is crystal clear who the better dunker is... and if anyone thinks Rose EVER had a comparable season (yes, season... that means not handpicking highlights over a multi-year span to make a player look good) then they are flat out biased.

Nevermind the numbers:

Rose has dunked 106 times in his 410 game career between season & playoffs (I am not particularly interested in what he did in a damn scrimmage).

Westbrook is on pace to dunk 75 times this regular season alone. He has 34 right now. Rose's career high was 32 dunks (2.0% of FG in 2011; that was 81 games and 3,026 minutes). Frequency is kinda a big thing with regard to ability. It's cute when people try to dismiss the most important factor in order to construct their argument around something arbitrary like "style".

# 114 MoneyOvaHuds @ 01/09/16 04:43 PM
Lol you still don't get it do you ?

You throwing all these number of dunks as if they actually matter in measuring a a players physical ability to dunk . If your argument is that Rose doesn't dunk as much as Russ then fine you're right but that's not what you're arguing .

First you said pre injuries rose isn't as good of a dunker as Russ and Wall that means him Rose doesn't have the physical nor creativity as the other two which is completely false .

2nd if your argument is out of the 3 who is the better dunker its Russ but that's not a slight at rose to say he couldn't be if HE wanted to be .

3rd you said Rose style of dunking is only two uncontested dunks but I showed him doing more than that over his career .

Again Rose style of play doesn't call for him to just go dunk the ball on each and everyone . He does incredible layups but I've watched many games of Rose over his career he could very well have dunked it if he wanted . Which LEADS TO TENDENCY .

Tendency in 2k factor in what moves CPU does most often to compare to what a player does in real life . So in real life Rose would attempt more layups than Westbrook depending on the space on the floor that allows that player to do .

You pick and choose to make your arguments strong all the time Ra .

I just picked a top 10 dunks showing off his athletic ability to show you that Rose has done stuff that Russ has done , not to argue that he's a better dunker than him .

It's all irrelevant because Rose isn't that guy anymore but he's still pretty athletic . So his dunk rating should be lowered but his tendencies should be as well more than his physical lateral quickness which is now a pathetic 71 or something for some odd reason where rose has shown he's still one of the quicker players in the league .

My argument was based around Style of player and tendency not just style

# 115 ksuttonjr76 @ 01/09/16 04:44 PM
Quote:
Rose's "style of dunking" are uncontested two-hand dunks. He doesn't dunk in traffic with the frequency/ferocity of Westbrook because NBA defenders aren't clowns.

Meanwhile...

It is crystal clear who the better dunker is... and if anyone thinks Rose EVER had a comparable season (yes, season... that means not handpicking highlights over a multi-year span to make a player look good) then they are flat out biased.

Nevermind the numbers:

Rose has dunked 106 times in his 410 game career between season & playoffs (I am not particularly interested in what he did in a damn scrimmage).

Westbrook is on pace to dunk 75 times this regular season alone. He has 34 right now. Rose's career high was 32 dunks (2.0% of FG in 2011; that was 81 games and 3,026 minutes). Frequency is kinda a big thing with regard to ability. It's cute when people try to dismiss the most important factor in order to construct their argument around something arbitrary like "style".
I'm glad this was posted. Rose in his prime was never the dunker that Westbrook is/was.

# 116 MoneyOvaHuds @ 01/09/16 05:07 PM
Jesus Christ I think everyone forgotten what makes a dunker a dunker lol

I don't think nobody said Rose was a better dunker than Russ .... Nobody

What was argued that he had the same ability to do such things which he had before the injuries .

Rose play was more flowing thru the air avoiding contact , Russell was more in your face dunk on everything . Again Rose chose not to display his athleticism in the same way Russ has . Rose beat out Russ in max vert and speed and land ability I believe too . Go check on draft express and compare , but you would never think because of the the style of play Russ has . Rose always had more control recklessness about him were Russ was just bouncing off everything similar to how out of control John Wall .

Anyway glad we shared opinions

# 117 Real2KInsider @ 01/09/16 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crea8vity
I agree that his dunk rating is accurate if he doesn't dunk IRL, but your second point.... come on now. You know thats false
Career Dunks
Westbrook: 340 dunks (4.3% of FG)
Wall: 187 dunks (3.4% of FG)
Teague: 107 dunks (2.6% of FG)
Rose: 93 dunks (1.5% of FG)
Prime Rose (2009-2012): 87 dunks (1.8% of FG)

Lillard: 78 dunks (2.0% of FG)
Bledsoe: 69 dunks (2.5% of FG)
Rondo: 64 dunks (1.2% of FG)
Prime Rondo (2007-2010): 53 dunks (2.1% of FG)
LaVine: 58 dunks (5.5% of FG)

All of these players dunk way more than 2-4% of their shots in NBA 2K (with Westbrook it's probably closer to 20-40%). It is rare for a PG to dunk on an opponent, period, simply due to their size. These players are vastly better dunkers than your average point guard (Stephen Curry: 15 career dunks, 0.2% of FG) but none hold a candle to actual wings.

LeBron James: 1,404 dunks (7.8% of FG)
Prime LeBron (2012-2014): 382 dunks (10.1% of FG)
Dwyane Wade: 1,014 dunks (7.6% of FG)
Prime Wade (2004-2006): 329 dunks (10.1% of FG)
Kevin Durant: 908 dunks (8.2% of FG)
Kobe Bryant (2001-Present): 779 dunks (3.7% of FG)
Vince Carter (2001-Present): 693 dunks (4.4% of FG)
Paul George: 229 dunks (6.2% of FG)
Kawhi Leonard: 223 dunks (8.4% of FG)

These are the players who ACTUALLY put people on posters with regularity... Westbrook/Wall are nowhere close, much less Rose. People have been playing too many video games if they think otherwise.

# 118 Real2KInsider @ 01/09/16 05:21 PM
Quote:
Again Rose chose not to display his athleticism in the same way Russ has
Similarly, I also choose not to display my athleticism in the same was Russ has.

Quote:
Rose beat out Russ in max vert and speed and land ability I believe too
. Go check on draft express and compare
You seem to be basing your opinion entirely off ancient combine results (rather than visuals, NBA game data, etc). Patrick Beverley does remind me a lot of Spencer Hawes athletically so I can see where you are coming from here.

# 119 SpeedyClaxton @ 01/09/16 05:28 PM
Draft combine isn't really measurement for athleticism because it happened a long time ago, some players improved, some declined over time. For example on last year draft combine Larry Nance Jr. had 40 inch vertical but you would never tell that, most of people would choose Winslow, Cauley-Stein or someone else as better athletes, only way to determine who's better athlete now Rose or Westbrook is to get them to training facility and test them together, which will happen never so we are stuck on what we see on NBA games unfortunately.

# 120 TalenT @ 01/09/16 05:39 PM
Quote:

You smokin' dope!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.