Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

EA Sports posted an initially cryptic video on the NCAA Football Facebook Page today which appeared to 'show signs of life' with a heartbeat monitor.

However, instead of a cryptic announcement of an impending announcement of the game coming back, it appears the tweet was actually meant to be to mark the National Title Game tonight. Honestly, if that's the case its the worst way ever to do it -- as with nothing seemingly in development you basically are posting a video that'd make most everyone think you meant something about a 'dead' game series.

From what we know, and from what others have been told via EA, there either isn't an NCAA Football game in development right now and/or there is one under development that EA outright denies at this point and has locked up as an insanely well kept secret.

It doesn't help either that the caption of the video is "Our heart still beats for the big game... ‪#‎NationalChampionship‬" so it would seem to be about tonight's game vs. an announcement of a new NCAA game. However this is the first new post in two years on the Facebook page, so why now of all times?

With the NCAA meeting happening this week, along with the National Title game, the timing and content of the video was certainly odd and not well thought out if its not to pre-announce something -- but who knows. Maybe this is EA's way of saying something is coming eventually and we'll all be screaming for joy when that happens. It's entirely plausible this is a tease for an ad in tonight's game announcing a comeback -- it's also entirely plausible this is just a bad PR stunt by a company that probably should be above that sort of thing.

UPDATE: The official Twitter page has also posted the following updates...

We have no new plans or announcements to make regarding the EA SPORTS NCAA Football series.

Today’s #NationalChampionship game reminds us more than ever that the hearts in our community still beat for college football.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 BigBoi23 @ 01/11/16 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I'm just not buying it. Why use the NCAA 14 fb page—a game that the company was essentially legally forced to abandon—be the platform for promoting something about the national championship tonight? The EA Sports general fb would be more fitting.

And then why something so cryptic?
I think they knew what they were doing.

I'm hoping that was just a clueless social media intern, because if that came from a higher-up, that's pretty dumb.

# 22 Dannyld @ 01/11/16 12:25 PM
I just want a good football game and baseball game on PC.:\

# 23 RedHawk24 @ 01/11/16 12:27 PM
If it was just to promote the NC game tonight, where wasn't there a post on the same page for the OSU/Oregon game last year?

# 24 VTPack919 @ 01/11/16 12:27 PM
They know what they are doing...

Put me in the "it's alive" camp, regardless of what they say.

# 25 bad_philanthropy @ 01/11/16 12:28 PM
What is EA even doing referring to college football? The company has pretty much had a gag order about it since the NCAA 14 licenses expired. Just weird all around.

# 26 daabsolute1 @ 01/11/16 12:32 PM
This has to be "something" because you don't just pop up on National Title day with a post from NCAA Football 14 page that was supposed to be discontinued. Where there is smoke, there is normally fire...

# 27 BurghFan @ 01/11/16 12:34 PM
Either is an expertly timed cryptic message to maximize speculation or an epic troll job.

Also just saw a tweet that said the FB post added the comment "Our heart still beats for the big game ... #NationalChampionship" But then one must ask why they didn't do it for last year's game. I don't know whether to be optimistic or miffed.

# 28 bad_philanthropy @ 01/11/16 12:43 PM
From Owen Good's twitter after reporting the company line he provides this quote:

******** async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

# 29 jmaj315 @ 01/11/16 12:44 PM
maybe because the trials were still going on last year? idk....
I want to believe, and I'm agreeing with daabsolute ^^

# 30 bad_philanthropy @ 01/11/16 12:50 PM
I still don't understand the why behind this.

# 31 TheBleedingRed21 @ 01/11/16 12:58 PM
Quote:
Uh, so now there are reports NCA FB IS on its way back?
Where you get that?

# 32 bad_philanthropy @ 01/11/16 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Where you get that?
It was a joke. I misunderstood it.

# 33 daabsolute1 @ 01/11/16 01:00 PM
Quote:
I still don't understand the why behind this.
The why was supposedly because the National Title game is tonight but WHY not post this same thing last year?

# 34 fillmorecash @ 01/11/16 01:04 PM
way to get my hopes up EA.. smh

# 35 eskimos44 @ 01/11/16 01:14 PM
There HAS to be something going on... You don't just make a post a year and a half after your last just to say you're excited for tonight's game...

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

# 36 grabursock55 @ 01/11/16 01:15 PM
I could see this turning into JMF16. Buckle up, folks.

# 37 bcruise @ 01/11/16 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabursock55
I could see this turning into JMF16. Buckle up, folks.
It already is if people are getting overhyped about social media posts.

# 38 BenGerman @ 01/11/16 01:21 PM
This obviously could be a huge mess up on the part of EA's PR team.

That being said, it absolutely could be a feeler of sorts. PR companies do this all the time. Throw a rumor or tease out there, see how people react and then the publishing company can have a better idea if people are looking to buy the product. I really doubt this is an actual announcement but it could mean something.

# 39 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 01/11/16 01:33 PM
College football will definitely make a return. There's no doubt about it. There's too much money to be made for it not to. It's only a matter of time. I stick by what I said before, I believe a new College Football game will be announced at E3 & don't be surprised if it gets released in 2017. There's definitely something to this. I'm not buying that it was a troll move.

# 40 DirtyJerz32 @ 01/11/16 01:35 PM
They posted this because of the NC game tonight? That's probably the worst thing they could do to a community. This is a real kick in the groin.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.