Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

Check out the latest EA Sports UFC 2 gameplay video, featuring knockout physics, submissions, grappling and defense. Let us know what you think!

Whether you’re making your Octagon debut or putting the last touches to a Hall of Fame career, every UFC fighter shares the same goals – put on a show and Finish the Fight. Below are four key gameplay elements coming to EA SPORTS UFC 2, all designed to make “Finishing the Fight” feel more rewarding than ever.

Knockout Physics System

With the new physics-driven hit reaction system, every knockout will feel different from the last. Fighters will fall in response to their momentum and the blow they receive, making each knockout feel responsive and rewarding.

Next-Level Submissions

Dominate the mat like Ronda Rousey. From chaining your moves, quick transitions, and the ability to do standing submissions, there are more ways to defeat your opponent.

Dynamic Grappling

Great names like Fabricio Werdum, Johny Hendricks and Demian Maia have always been incredible on the ground. In EA SPORTS UFC 2, we’re bringing the ground game to life with more variety and responsiveness, featuring freedom and control not seen in any previous MMA game.

Ultimate Defense

When you watch a fighter like Jose Aldo, who is able to frustrate an opponent by simply making himself unhittable, it can sway the outcome of a fight. In EA SPORTS UFC 2, we’ve put more control in how you’re able to defend yourself. Greater head movement lets you slip and dodge incoming strikes while our improved blocking and parry system will make your opponent think twice before attempting a strike.

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jb12780 @ 01/12/16 12:23 PM
Wow. That was outstanding.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 2 xx2khazard @ 01/12/16 12:39 PM
Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 3 polyduster @ 01/12/16 12:43 PM
Very impressed. Ground game is improved and isn't as intimidating with the assist on.

I'm so glad I opted in before the 9th!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

# 4 Simaofan-20 @ 01/12/16 01:30 PM
It looks pretty good this year, apart from the game still running at 30 I think this probably will be the best MMA game to date. Ground game looks really good and so much more realistic than ever before

# 5 TecmoZack @ 01/12/16 01:45 PM
That looks most excellent!

Sports Gaming Maniac. Follow me on the interweb TecmZack - @VanMetra16

GT - TecmoZach

# 6 JayBillups36 @ 01/12/16 01:45 PM
ugh grappling :-(

# 7 CaliDude916 @ 01/12/16 01:52 PM
WOW. This is looking really good!

# 8 mlp111 @ 01/12/16 02:03 PM
EA is killing it with these Physic engine... future of sports gaming. Trailer looked really good. I may actually pick up this years game.

# 9 btrapp @ 01/12/16 02:51 PM
One thing ufc 1 sorely lacked was the wide variety of fence grappling options (like wall walking) we saw in undisputed. This is a essential part of mma and i really hope EA has focused on this because i'm not seeing it in there trailers.

# 10 aholbert32 @ 01/12/16 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by btrapp
One thing ufc 1 sorely lacked was the wide variety of fence grappling options (like wall walking) we saw in undisputed. This is a essential part of mma and i really hope EA has focused on this because i'm not seeing it in there trailers.
Wall walking and sweeps using the cage are in the game.

# 11 btrapp @ 01/12/16 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Wall walking and sweeps using the wall are in the game.
Wow thanks for the quick response.

# 12 Jono078 @ 01/12/16 03:46 PM
Quote:

Ultimate Defense

When you watch a fighter like Jose Aldo, who is able to frustrate an opponent by simply making himself unhittable, it can sway the outcome of a fight. In EA SPORTS UFC 2, we’ve put more control in how you’re able to defend yourself. Greater head movement lets you slip and dodge incoming strikes while our improved blocking and parry system will make your opponent think twice before attempting a strike.
First of all, LOL...

Yet another impressing video. March cant come around quick enough.

# 13 polyduster @ 01/12/16 03:57 PM
Quote:

Ultimate Defense

# 14 fballturkey @ 01/12/16 04:00 PM
The timing is pretty funny, but it is something Aldo had been known for for like a decade.

# 15 Hiro1 @ 01/12/16 04:09 PM
I like being able to move your head and leaning to avoid punches(like in fight night). Hopefully independent low and high blocking means someone can't just hold block to defend both low and high punches. I'm excited.

# 16 polyduster @ 01/12/16 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDrizz
What does this mean? I opted in before the 9th....I haven't seen anything....
I haven't seen anything either, but after seeing more "gameplay", I'm hoping for some good news soon on WHY we opted in. ie. Early Beta Access

I could be wrong though.

# 17 aholbert32 @ 01/12/16 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
I like being able to move your head and leaning to avoid punches(like in fight night). Hopefully independent low and high blocking means someone can't just hold block to defend both low and high punches. I'm excited.
That what it means.

# 18 aholbert32 @ 01/12/16 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyduster
I haven't seen anything either, but after seeing more "gameplay", I'm hoping for some good news soon on WHY we opted in. ie. Early Beta Access

I could be wrong though.

You could be wrong...or you could be right.

# 19 fballturkey @ 01/12/16 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyduster

I could be wrong though.

EA's PR folks are kind of bad at managing expectations (see the NCAA debacle yesterday...) If you tell everyone to opt in by Sunday you ought to have something ready to go by Monday or Tuesday, even if it's just a 'The big announcement is coming in 1/2/3 weeks!'. It isn't the end of the world but it's still a little disappointing.

# 20 GameplayDevUFC @ 01/12/16 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
EA's PR folks are kind of bad at managing expectations (see the NCAA debacle yesterday...) If you tell everyone to opt in by Sunday you ought to have something ready to go by Monday or Tuesday, even if it's just a 'The big announcement is coming in 1/2/3 weeks!'. It isn't the end of the world but it's still a little disappointing.
I agree.

Hold tight.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.