Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

The EA Sports UFC 2 closed beta is scheduled to release on Thursday, January 28 and ending on February 4 for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The closed beta is only available to gamers that own the Xbox One or PlayStation 4 version of EA Sports UFC and live in North America.

This is a closed beta and is only eligible to fans who own Xbox One or PlayStation 4 and are EA SPORTS UFC owners in North America. For those of you that meet those requirements, make sure you register here. Quite a few people are having problems registering at the moment, most getting the "Sorry, you are not eligible to participate in the beta at this time" message. We have contacted EA about the issue and will update this post when we hear anything back. Once it is up and running without any issues, you will have until January 21 at 10:00 AM PT to register, for a chance to receive a code.
  • The download will be roughly 11 GB
  • The exact time will vary based on platform and region
  • You will not be able to pre-load the beta
Game Modes in Closed Beta

Quick Fight
  • Featuring the deepest roster of any fighting simulation, select fighters from the Welterweight division and step into the Octagon for a 3 or 5 round bout.
UFC Ultimate Team
  • Create your team of up to five fighters using UFC 2’s deep customization options. Compete in online or offline competitions to progress your fighters and earn Coins that open packs which deliver special items used to sculpt your team into the most explosive in the UFC.
Practice Mode
  • A no-consequences environment designed to let you master the basics of striking, grappling and clinch-work at your own pace before putting your skills to the test in real competition.
Skill Challenges
  • Dive into all-new mini-games to help players learn and perfect stand-up, clinch, and ground disciplines.
Other notes from the FAQ:

Can I play online against other players?

The EA SPORTS UFC 2 beta will support online play. You can throwdown against (1) online opponent in a 1 vs. 1 fight.

Will I be able to customize my fighter in the beta?

Yes. In UFC Ultimate Team you can create your own team of custom fighters. After each fight, win or lose, earn Coins to open Fight Packs that contain items that improve your fighters. These items allow you to customize your fighter by giving them unique moves, attributes, perks and more.

Will my UFC Ultimate Team stats carry over to the main game?

No, any stats or progression during the beta will not carry over to the full game when EA SPORTS UFC 2 launches in March 2016. However the skills you learn through this beta will!

Will I have to re-create my Ultimate Team when EA SPORTS UFC 2 launches on March 15?

Yes, teams created in the beta will not carry over to the full game.

Source - EA Sports UFC 2

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 jb12780 @ 01/16/16 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I hope you and Phobia don't get the Beta. That would give some of the other guys a chance to whoop up on them before they get used to the controls.

[emoji6]

Just kidding guys. I really do hope you can get in. Just keep trying and I'm sure it will work out.
I hope you don't get the Beta and the Packers lose to tonight.

Just kidding.

It seems they are sending out more invites via email next week. Now that I'm properly signed up, I should be good.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 122 jeremym480 @ 01/16/16 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
I hope you don't get the Beta and the Packers lose to tonight.

Just kidding.

It seems they are sending out more invites via email next week. Now that I'm properly signed up, I should be good.

I have more faith in you guys getting the beta than the Packers winning tonight.

# 123 bballshawn24 @ 01/16/16 09:01 PM
for the people who are ineligible its definitely u using rong email. in ea ufc go to setting and manage origin settings and use the password you see

# 124 bballshawn24 @ 01/16/16 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballshawn24
for the people who are ineligible its definitely u using rong email. in ea ufc go to setting and manage origin settings and use the password you see
email you see*

# 125 TheShizNo1 @ 01/16/16 10:06 PM
Got an invitation...... it was to an email I haven't used in years. I happen to accidentally catch it while trying to update my XBL info. If you've had a previous email you've used, I'd suggest checking it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

# 126 jvalverde88 @ 01/16/16 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballshawn24
Trust me I'm using the right email, the email I used for UFC (EA origin account) and the email I typed in to sign up are the same exact email.

# 127 woody2goody @ 01/17/16 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Because to some people it is like winning the lottery I guess.

But you're right, it's not that big a deal.

We want some people to help stress test the game, and there are enough people who care enough to take the time to sign up to play the game early.

Win/win, but at the end of the day the game will be released and you can choose to buy it or not.
Do you need any testers from Europe?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

# 128 Phobia @ 01/17/16 11:11 AM
Quote:

We want some people to help stress test the game, and there are enough people who care enough to take the time to sign up to play the game early.

Win/win, but at the end of the day the game will be released and you can choose to buy it or not.
You said that as if "I" don't care and haven't tried everything listed. Its falls clearly on EA for how bad this closed beta has operated, not on if people care enough!! Like aholbert ive been to EA Vancouver as a gamechanger, owned every UFC game released, still play the hell out of UFC 1 online, and 100% buying UFC 2. Your comment was directed as if 1) I didnt care enough to try 2) Just trolling EA and might not even purchase the game.

Those are both completely wrong assessments, im a devoted EA UFC fan and have tried everything to get into the beta. I cant fix the closed beta issues of guys like myself not getting a code, all I can do is complain how its not working.

Sent from da lil phone.

# 129 aholbert32 @ 01/17/16 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
You said that as if "I" don't care and haven't tried everything listed. Its falls clearly on EA for how bad this closed beta has operated, not on if people care enough!! Like aholbert ive been to EA Vancouver as a gamechanger, owned every UFC game released, still play the hell out of UFC 1 online, and 100% buying UFC 2. Your comment was directed as if 1) I didnt care enough to try 2) Just trolling EA and might not even purchase the game.

Those are both completely wrong assessments, im a devoted EA UFC fan and have tried everything to get into the beta. I cant fix the closed beta issues of guys like myself not getting a code, all I can do is complain how its not working.

Sent from da lil phone.
I think you are overreacting a little Phobia. There is nothing in GPD's statement that was directed at what you have done to get in the beta. If anything he was agreeing with you in saying that it shouldnt be that big of deal.

Look, everybody agrees that this system has been screwed up from the jump. ****, half of the gamechangers havent been able to register for the beta and they worked on the game.

EA's communication regarding this whole thing has been piss poor. One, even though they in all their communications they said "a chance to participate", they shouldve made it clear that not every one would be able to get a code. Two, I think we all agree it shouldve been an open beta.

With that said, the steps GPD and I listed have worked for some people. I've seen a good amount of people realize that they entered the wrong email or their preferences or location was wrong and thats why it isnt working. It sucks that people like you and BCruise have done all the right things and still cant get in.

Apparently there are more invited being made available on Thursday so keep trying and hopefully this will work out.

# 130 Phobia @ 01/17/16 02:05 PM
Maybe I am but the two comments of "people took the time to sign up because they care" and "you can buy it or not" to me came off how i responded.

My take on it could be wrong, it just seemed snarky to me. I'm just frustrated.

Sent from da lil phone.

# 131 aholbert32 @ 01/17/16 03:42 PM
Quote:
Maybe I am but the two comments of "people took the time to sign up because they care" and "you can buy it or not" to me came off how i responded.

My take on it could be wrong, it just seemed snarky to me. I'm just frustrated.

Sent from da lil phone.
I get it. Yeah, I took those comments like "I agree thats its not that big of a deal because 1) its only a week long beta and its not like you wont have the chance to buy the game later and 2) EA will still have plenty of people who are able to get in so that they can stress test the game." Thats why I think he said "win/win".

Anyway, it sucks because a good deal of the issues have been solved by people using their origin account or changing the preferences.

# 132 CaliDude916 @ 01/17/16 04:42 PM
Quote:
Okkkk well I guess no beta for me. Far far to much BS just to try the game a couple weeks early. I dont understand why these things have to be treated like you are winning the lottery. Yes, I would love to get my paws on the beta but Im not fighting and jumping through all these hoops.

Sent from da lil phone.
Quote:

Even though I'm already registered, I agree with Phobia. Why not just make it an open beta and release it on PS Store and XBL store? Why make it difficult and have people sign up?

# 133 DaChiefs @ 01/17/16 06:12 PM
A simple way to do the closed beta would've been to do it like Black Ops 3 and allow those who pre-order to get access. No lottery system, and they'd get feedback from those who've already invested into the product

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

# 134 aholbert32 @ 01/17/16 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude916
Even though I'm already registered, I agree with Phobia. Why not just make it an open beta and release it on PS Store and XBL store? Why make it difficult and have people sign up?
Thats not a GPD or dev question though. Thats an EA question and probably a question for someone much higher up.

# 135 CaliDude916 @ 01/17/16 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats not a GPD or dev question though. Thats an EA question and probably a question for someone much higher up.
I know, I wasn't directing it at GDP, just speaking aloud. I just think it would be easier and better for everyone.

# 136 GameplayDevUFC @ 01/17/16 08:05 PM
Quote:

Sent from da lil phone.
Sorry, I think we misunderstood each other.

I thought you were questioning why fans treat it like a lottery that they won, when I'm guessing you were question why EA was handing out invites like a lottery.

My assumption from that was that you didn't think it was a big deal to get into the beta, and I was saying I agreed to a point, but there are fans out there for whom it's a big deal to try out the game early for free. Enough of them for us to give them what they want while stress testing the game.

If you are one of those fans, I could see how that interpretation of my response would offend you.

Sorry, I didn't mean to minimize the frustration. The opposite actually. I was trying to get across that this is a big deal to people, assuming you were someone for whom it wasn't.

My mistake.

# 137 The JareBear @ 01/17/16 08:35 PM
Hope to see yall in some online H2H matchups

# 138 Phobia @ 01/17/16 08:40 PM
Quote:
Sorry, I think we misunderstood each other.

I thought you were questioning why fans treat it like a lottery that they won, when I'm guessing you were question why EA was handing out invites like a lottery.

My assumption from that was that you didn't think it was a big deal to get into the beta, and I was saying I agreed to a point, but there are fans out there for whom it's a big deal to try out the game early for free. Enough of them for us to give them what they want while stress testing the game.

If you are one of those fans, I could see how that interpretation of my response would offend you.

Sorry, I didn't mean to minimize the frustration. The opposite actually. I was trying to get across that this is a big deal to people, assuming you were someone for whom it wasn't.

My mistake.

Yea I think it was on both our parts, part of the limitations with message boards.

I've always been a big UFC fan around here and most can vouch for me running a OS league with every iteration being released (why Jeremy made the comment about me and mike). So that was where the misunderstanding took place, because I do care and have been a big UFC game supporter sooooo I obviously want to get into the beta lol.

Unfortunately they have made that pretty difficult and its looking like I'm stuck waiting on retail release.

Anyway I apologize also GPD, I've just been frustrated.

Sent from da lil phone.

# 139 GameplayDevUFC @ 01/18/16 02:30 PM
I'm told the database query for the last wave of beta registration emails will be done tonight, so I would imagine the next wave of emails will follow shortly after.

Why am I posting this?

If you haven't received an email since the last chance sign up, don't worry yet because the emails haven't been sent.

# 140 jb12780 @ 01/18/16 03:07 PM
Quote:
I'm told the database query for the last wave of beta registration emails will be done tonight, so I would imagine the next wave of emails will follow shortly after.

Why am I posting this?

If you haven't received an email since the last chance sign up, don't worry yet because the emails haven't been sent.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.