Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

For those of you hoping for more variety and options for the Instant Replay Challenge System in MLB The Show 16, the team mentioned on Twitter, that the plays that can be challenged are the same as last year. Which means, certain close plays at first base can be challenged by the user, home runs will once again be challenged automatically.

With that said, we expect to hear plenty of news on MLB The Show 16 in about a week or two.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Houston @ 01/24/16 07:01 PM
I see people keep referring to expansion teams 2005 when it first came out on ASB 1999 on the Nintendo 64. I played every ASB they put out. Man that sure takes you back.

Product Description

This is the game All Star Baseball 99 for the Nintendo 64.

From the Manufacturer

Over 700 Major League Baseball players are represented by skinned polygons with a smooth natural look that simulates muscle tone. There is also over 500 animations that gives players a very smooth look when they move. You will be able to track stats in over 60 categories. In addition to the usual season modes you can start a fantasy baseball mode in which you can create and draft your own team. You can also create trade sign and release players. During the season you can call players up from a 15-player farm team to make up for injuries.

The series began in 1998 with the release of All-Star Baseball '99. ... managing an existing Major League Baseball team, or creating a team. Many North American cities are available for “expansion” in addition to Mexico City and Puerto Rico.

# 82 Armor and Sword @ 01/24/16 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I'm still paranoid from High Heat removing it in 2004 - and then going out of business.
That's a long time to be paranoid bro.....try to relax my man.

# 83 Bobhead @ 01/24/16 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I'm still paranoid from High Heat removing it in 2004 - and then going out of business.
And that's why it will never be removed. SCEA is well aware what happens to companies that remove manager mode.

# 84 Knight165 @ 01/24/16 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
And that's why it will never be removed. SCEA is well aware what happens to companies that remove manager mode.
Yeah....Knight goes into hunter/killer mode.

M.K.
Knight165

# 85 nemesis04 @ 01/24/16 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Yeah....Knight goes into hunter/killer mode.

M.K.
Knight165
Pfft... It only took $20 to have it contracted from 16.

# 86 Knight165 @ 01/24/16 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Pfft... It only took $20 to have it contracted from 16.
Arsenic cannot be detected in a Breakfast Scramble.

M.K.
Knight165

# 87 redsox4evur @ 01/24/16 08:04 PM
Quote:
Arsenic cannot be detected in a Breakfast Scramble.

M.K.
Knight165
Can't they test for that, though???

# 88 Knight165 @ 01/24/16 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Can't they test for that, though???
Not if they can't find the body.
This is getting dark.

Just leave in Manage only Mode.

M.K.
Knight165

# 89 BravesBoy @ 01/24/16 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Do not understand the obsession with relocating teams, or making new teams. Relocation and expansion is a very, very rare thing in baseball.
For me, it's not so much the relocation but mainly building a franchise. I would love to start with generic/exspansion draft like players and work to build a good MLB team in franchise mode. Not with cards and not online. It's a completely different feel to do it this way, rather than take any MLB team and do whatever you want. It's just not the same. I feel it would be a new level of immersion imo

# 90 Speedy @ 01/24/16 11:17 PM
I don't want to start a game comparison here...

But there is a lot of activity and users that utilize the relocation aspect in NBA 2K16...court design, jerseys, logos...there is certainly an audience for it.

As Ramone said though, when SCEA does something they want to ensure it's perfect and I'm guessing it couldn't be implemented in a way that met their standards.

# 91 TheWarmWind @ 01/25/16 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy

But there is a lot of activity and users that utilize the relocation aspect in NBA 2K16...court design, jerseys, logos...there is certainly an audience for it.

As Ramone said though, when SCEA does something they want to ensure it's perfect and I'm guessing it couldn't be implemented in a way that met their standards.
I'm not big on pushing the relocation or custom ballparks, mainly because I'm happy to continue playing as the Toronto Blue Jays. It'd be cool if I could make edits to the jerseys my team wears, but not essential.

Even still, if the feature were made available I would use it. Not on my own team, but I would bring back the Expos in some form and maybe make a few other minor edits throughout the league. For me, sports video games have always been about the fantasy, the what could be, not what is, and having one more tool in order to create the MLB I've always dreamed of is never a bad thing.

There are other things that I personally would prioritize more, but I understand the want for a feature like this, and would understand in the future if one of my personal priorities was ignored in favour of this feature.

P.S. I also think a team in Vancouver or maybe a Japanese team would be really cool. Also custom schedules, so I could make more inter-league games. The possibilities are endless!

# 92 Turbojugend @ 01/25/16 09:51 AM
Quote:
1. Those who played All Star Baseball 2005. The expansion mode was just a HELL of a lot of fun. If it wasn't so cumbersome to hook up the XBox or PS2....I'd probably fire it up again.
Just in case you didn't know and you have the console, ASB 2005 is backwards-compatible on the 360. I was playing it just last week.

# 93 HustlinOwl @ 01/25/16 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy

I'm guessing next generation, PS3/360 lasted 10 years and there is no way the PS4/XboxOne last that long.

# 94 mlblover15 @ 01/27/16 09:18 AM
well this is ok because it is already on my Wish list for 17 anyway... so i can wait a year for it... as far as plays there are some i have seen that to me at least look like they should have been reviewed at all bases... i have seen a lot of calls well plays that should have been called differently... as in overturned...

i can live with it but will love the year we have complete control over calls at the bases... even to allow the CPU to challenge calls... maybe.

# 95 MrOldboy @ 01/30/16 03:14 PM
Sad news to hear as instant replay has become one of the main things people associated with modern baseball in 2015 I feel.

I would have been happy with just some more canned animations/scenarios. I would have liked to see at least a home run replay and a stealing at second/third situation added. It would have been funny to have a plate blocking situation as well, but that seems difficult to pull off. I think at this point I will turn it off as I've seen the call at first animation plenty of times. Hopefully they can find ways to add in more challenge scenarios next year.

# 96 Bradster06 @ 03/04/16 12:10 AM
It would be nice if u could instant replay challenge all bases when close place especially home plate and rest of bases see some i think should be safe it be nice they would do that in future

# 97 NAFBUC @ 03/05/16 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Well one could say..........if you want MOM, play OOTP.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.